Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #331  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

so i was super uber bad yesterday at my aunt's bbq and had like 3 hotdogs, a cupcake, 4 brownie bites and way too many beers...but somehow managed to still be only 156.5 this morning when i got on the scale!!Whoohoo! I'm hoping to hit 155 by next week, but i gotta get my butt in gear. I started week 2 of c25K today and it kicked my butt. I don't know if I've ever sweat this much, but somehow I made it through!! Hope all is well, ladies!!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey girls!

Congrats, size8, for making it into the 140s! I'm hoping I can join you over there soon!

Well this weekend wasn't too great for me, but I started getting on track again yesterday. I made some delicious Big Easy Shrimp (recipe at recipezaar dot com), and I have enough for a couple lunches and dinners this week! Put it over a half cup of rice. YUM! That's my lunch for today.

I've defintely notice I need to keep track of my carb intake...waaay too many carbs, and not enough protein and fiber. So I have some numbers that I want to hit each day for each macro. I even made a little spreadsheet and put it on my fridge and will put stickers in each column every day if I met my goal!!

Right after work I'm heading over to the YMCA for a half hour of running/inclince intervals and BodyPump class! So far so good today. I'll be getting my period some time this week....so I'm guessing I'll be gaining some water weight when I weigh myself this week :P

Last edited by LaBonita; 08-24-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

Height: 5'4

156. I gotta get out of hereeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:43 AM   #334  
this time it's for real

S/C/G: 201/159/135

hello!!

I was 159.8 this morning!!! Which means I'll probably be with this thread for 6 months, the way the 160's went.

Anyways, good luck with movin' on down!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:58 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 195.8/181.0/128

Height: 5'7"

Well, at least I was right about that rapid weight loss! I went down (from 157 eek!) on Sunday to 155.6 yesterday, then weighed in at a shocking 154 this morning! I guess there was some major retention happening there. Good thing I knew about that from reading this blog and didn't panic!

The good news is, I'm almost back at my lowest in the 150's (153.4), the bad news is, because of all this bouncing around I won't break 150 for my friend's wedding this weekend like I had planned. All I can do is keep trucking though.

150 is a huge one for me, it was my biggest goal last summer the first time I lost weight and I never reached it (I plateaued at 156.6 then slowly creeped back up), so feeling like I'm really going to make it is a definite struggle. Being in this forum has helped incredibly so far though, even though its just been a few days.

Thanks for making me feel accountable ladies! Good luck to everyone today
Old 08-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #336  

Hey girls! Looks like everyone is doing great! Pretty soon we'll all be able to move into the 140s thread! Let's keep moving ladies, we'll be there in no time.

Today has been pretty good. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get above 1200 calories. I'm only at about 650 right now, and my dinner and protein shake will get me to about 1000. I don't know how to get the cal's up there without going over my carbs - my carbs are already up there

BUT, it's okay if I go over a little. It's not like I did horrible or anything today! Tonight is a BOSU class and another Power Mix (incline and speed intervals). Good luck today!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #337  
Actual hot librarian.

S/C/G: 189/150.0/149

Height: 5'7.5"

hey, everyone sounds great!

don't worry if you are here for a bit, macky, i seem to be on the 2-3 months per decade track myself but progress is progress!

i know what you mean about 150, nicci, it's a big milestone for us taller girls! plus one less weight on the doctor's scale, and being closer to 125 than 175....

labonita: what about eggs? or nuts? protein!

it's TOM for me. i'm proud of myself for not weighing on monday (first time i didn't weigh since january, other than my vacation). still a bit bloated today, but i'm hoping for a loss by the weekend! i'd just like to knock off 1 more lb before my trip to dc next week. sounds reasonable, right?

i bought a ticket to see my sister in houston for thanksgiving. she has a new house and i have a new figure, so it should be fun
Old 08-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #338  

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was what went through my head went I jumped on the scales this morning and thought they said 157.0 (yesterday they read 154.0). Then I looked again (I didn't have my glasses on yet lol) and saw 153.0...that's when I really started freaking out.

I know I was retaining water due to sodium and all that jazz but seriously? This has been an insane three days!!!

This is so good for my head though, I'm now down below my absolute lowest since I've started this whole journey, and determined to stay down there. I refuse to continue this bouncing nonsense, and I'm SO CLOSE TO 150!!!!!

I have some difficult times coming up though...I'm going ot m sister's cottage tonight (they eat JUNK!) and then decorating my friend's wedding cake (I LOVE icing) and attending a rehearsal dinner and then wedding feast. Ugh.

All I can do is plan a menu and bring things (including my running sneakers and weights!) and be as good as possible. That 150 is pretty good motivation though! Hope you're all as excited with your numbers this morning as I am, sorry for the rambling post but I couldn't wait to share my mini success with you all.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:15 AM   #339  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

Nicci - WTG! that's awesome! i'm sure a few treats at the wedding won't do you in, just be strict with your calories before and after.

macky - welcome! congrats on making it to the 150s!

Everyone else seems like they are doing great!

I hit 152.4 this morning, a new low! my calories were really low yesterday, though, as i wasn't feeling 100%, so we'll see if this sticks!
Old 08-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #340  

Hey everyone.

Ugh...yesterday didn't go as planned, but I didn't COMPLETELY go off plan. I didn't exercise cuz my boyfriend needed some help with something after work so I went over there instead. And then we went out to El Toro. I had the Enchiladas Verde, but I only had 1 and a half enchiladas (they're pretty small), and a couple bites of the rice. So I actually didn't do too bad...not sure yet about calories and such...gotta do that still.

Today I'm just tired, cranky, I have a headache, and my contacts hurt (slept in them last night...wasn't planning on spending the night at the boyfriend's). Haven't been eating too well...lots of salty foods. That means TOM is getting closer and closer I hate being a girl sometimes. But I'm going to try to suck it up and go to the gym after work. Hopefully the headache goes away before then.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #341  

Whoa, the 150s thread almost got lost in the shuffle...it was on the second page! :O Where is everyone?

Yesterday wasn't too bad. Had a little too many carbs due to eating in the cafeteria here at work for lunch, and I had a pop. But that's okay. I still didn't go over my calories, and I worked out! I was so pooped after my workout last night though. I just crashed when I went to bed.

Doing pretty good today. Tried some protein pancakes for breakfast that I found in Oxygen mag. It was all right...I'm going to try them with sugar free syrup or fruit next time. Just had a mango for snack, YUM! So far so good. Today's exercise is Boot Camp at the Y. Although I might leave class a little early cuz Big Brother is on at 7, and that's when class ends. I'm a little obsessed with that show.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #342  

I hate cake. Seriously. By which of course I mean that I hate cake for being so beautiful and delicious and huge and calling to me.

I went to my sister's cottage last night to have a mini family get together and it turns out they had done a joint bday celebration earlier and were left with a huge chunk of chocolate cake. YUM!!! I must admit, I absolutely love those huge sheet cakes the grocery stores make, and when I saw the (about a third of a large cake) sitting there I though, I could literally finish you off. This was AFTER I had already eaten supper of course.

I tried to stave off the calls of the cake with a diet A&W root beer (I know, diet pop is evil but I will quit it soon, its my big diet food vice), which failed miserably. I craved and ate a massive piece. Then another medium piece. Color me seriously embarassed. It was awful and wonderful.

So today I've been very OP, I had a bit of a heavier lunch but will be having a lighter dinner so its all good. Due to guilt I went swimming and ended up swimming across the river there (about 1 to 2 km) in insane winds. So I'm feeling alot less guilty.

Now I just have to get through cake baking and the actual wedding...knowing I have this site to come back to you and all to answer to definitely helps, but I'm still in for a struggle of mind versus taste buds! Wish me luck
Old 08-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #343  
Actual hot librarian.

S/C/G: 189/150.0/149

Height: 5'7.5"

Skinny Congrats on the new low!!!!!!!!!!

Nicci - when there's cake at the office, I always have a small piece. I sometimes go back for a bite or two later, as well! But I find that allowing myself a little bit to begin with helps me to avoid going overboard.... Just count it as some unplanned calorie cycling

LaBonita guilty pleasures are the best ones!

As for me, I only have 1 lb of TOM bloat left - I'm hoping to see a loss tomorrow (the bloat is usually higher at this point for me. good sign?). And I just did an extra tough workout at the gym.

Only 1 more week before my trip to DC

Last edited by Aurora; 08-27-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #344  
The Last 10lbs!

Hi! Do you guys mind if I join you? I really need some extra accountability. I was doing great with exercising but that's kind of tapered off, though I am getting far better with counting calories - I just need to figure out how to do both at the same time! I was 150 at the start of June but then I went to Portugal, completed my undergraduate degree (which included a lot of celebrating at graduation) and spent a weekend eating my way through Dublin so I've put on 5 pounds since then. It needs to come back off, pronto!! Along with the rest I still have to lose! I am counting calories and staying between 1600-1800 a day with some days high and some days low - it's like random calorie cycling because I don't plan which will be my high days, they just happen and then I stay low for a few days after that.

My daily calorie intake amount to lose 2lbs a week is 1647 according to thedailyplate. Do you guys know if this is a site that's roughly accurate? I did an online BMR calculator that factored in that I am moderately active on a daily basis doing regular stuff and it doesn't seem low enough, it's only about a 500 calorie deficit per day which is enough to lose 1lb per week. This has left me quite confused - I used to count WW points but I found it a bit too restricting sometimes.

Hope you ladies don't mind a latecomer. I think it's a great idea to have a thread for all of us in the same 150-pound boat!

Last edited by freedomreins; 08-27-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #345  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone, I hardly recognize anyone here because I joined this thread right when it started and I weighed 151-152... and then I stayed that weight for EIGHT WEEKS... so it felt too depressing to check in all the time and watch people go from 159 to 149 and I couldn't even lose one measly lb.

Well, today I lost one measly lb! 149.9! It's good enough to be all the "140s" in my book!

Ha, so I guess I'm checking in to say "bye!" I'm just a little crazy/excited to see the scale move for the first time since July 3rd!
Closed Thread