Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #301  
sugar is the devil

I posted some progress pictures in the Mini Goal Photo Album if anyone is interested
Old 08-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #302  
Actual hot librarian.

S/C/G: 189/150.0/149

Height: 5'7.5"

That is pretty sweet, Sweet! Congrats!!

Fashin, you'll have to tell me how that works for ya. I'm too chicken to try it. I've eaten within my calories for the last 6 months, with only 2-3 (minor) exceptions. Will power of steal, I have, apparently, but risk averse too!

Welcome, Amy! My goal started out in the 150s, too, but now I'm thinking lower for sure. We just have to see how we feel as we go, until we know we're right where we wanna be

What kind of bookstore is it, Jelbb? It's great that you get to work on campus. And I think losing slowly/sticking with it through a plateau just proves that you can do maintenance, y'know? Which, in the end, is way more important than how fast we move.

As for me, I think I'm going to take a rest day today. I've done intense cardio every day for 14 days, but I haven't seen a loss in almost a week. And my muscles HURT. So I think I need a rest. But I may take a 2-4 mile walk. Oh! And today I noticed that my face is more defined - no more hint o' extra skin on the chin. And I think my eyes look bigger.

Does anyone else feel weird not having fat in certain places anymore? Like my spine is right next to my skin... and sometimes my tailbone feels sore bc it misses it's extra padding. Weird!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5`4

I can't wait till I can do a 150 challenge! Good luck girls!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

sweet, congrats that you are moving on, and you look great girl!

skinny, i didn't eat anything terrible, just more of what i normally eat. no change on the scale so far, but at least i didn't gain. congrats on your loss though girl, you earned it!!

amy, welcome! i am pretty new here myself and these 10 lbs are not going to be easy but we can do it!

jelbb, congrats on the new job girl that is awesome, and one credit down is great too sounds like you've got your stuff together!!

aurora, i weighed myself this morning and there was no change at all so i'm thinking that's ok at least i didn't gain. i probably won't do that again for a while. and i too am experiencing the fat loss phenomenon. i was tanning today with my arms over my head and my shoulder blades were digging into the tanning bed in a way they never have before. painful, yet satisfying lol.

and shal, you'll be here in no time i'm sure!!

as for me, no change in the weight department. but i am a little worried for the coming weekend. saturday i have a pool party during the day and my best friend's birthday celebration that night. i have not indulged in alcohol in a while so i am going to allow myself this special occasion but i am pretty worried about what the scale will say afterward. i am just going to stay op with my eating, drink lots of water, and stay away from the scale for about 3 days after, lol.

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 08-12-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:37 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey Ladies!

Jelbb - 9km has been my longest distance yet, and i only do one "long" run once a week. mostly they are more like 5 or 6km, or in the case of tuesday, 3.2km, since a lightening/hail storm cut it short. congrats on the job too! i wish i could go back to school...what are you going for?

Sweet - your pics are awesome! WAY TO GO!

Aurora - 14 days of cardio in a row? holy crap, woman! you are hardcore. i def think you deserve your rest day! and i have totally noticed my collarbones poking out in the mirror at the randomest times, like when i'm brushing my teeth, and i'm like "hey, those weren't there before..."

fashin - just have a reasonable amount of fun, and i agree, stay away from the scale for a few days after, and there will be no real damage done. we can't totally stop living our lives, right?

as for me, i'm right around the same today...going camping this weekend with the in-laws, so hopefully can keep it together..and try and get my 11km run in on saturday...oh lord, that is gonna suck!

Last edited by skinnywish; 08-13-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #306  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Wow haven't popped in in a while and a lot has happened!
Congrats to all you ladies moving down on the scale and to all of you not giving up!
I've been so busy and have a LOT of forum reading to catch up on!!
I'll just leave a quick update though, I weighed in at 151.0 today! Hopefully I'll be joining Sweetscrumptious, Forest, Lauren, Ruby, Jelbb and all the others in the 140 forum by next week!
Have a great evening everyone!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:54 PM   #307  

skinny, i agree we def can't stop living our lives, i'm just gonna try to not go overboard. good luck with your camping trip it sounds like alot of fun!

kk, wow 151 you will be out of here in no time, hopefully i won't be too far behind you!!

no change in my world, just stopped in to say hi!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #308  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

kk140-good work on the 151! i can't wait to get to the 140s! you're so close!

fashin - thanks, if we go it will be fun, but it has been cold and rainy here, so it might get canceled for something more indoorsy...have a great weekend!

as for me...new low today! FINALLY saw 152.8 this morning, i have been stuck in the 153s and 154s for weeks now...yay!
Old 08-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #309  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

congrats skinny!!
Old 08-15-2009, 08:42 AM   #310  
Actual hot librarian.

Yeah for losses, Skinny and kk!

Haha, Fashin, I agree the pain is weirdly satisfying

As for me, I am happy to have a 1 pound loss for the week. 153.5!
Old 08-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #311  

yay skinny and aurora, awesome losses!

hope everyone's having a good weekend! my pool party today got cancelled on account of rain so maybe this weekend won't be as bad as i thought (calorie-wise) although we are def still going out tonight. we shall see!
Old 08-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #312  
Actual hot librarian.

thanks, fashin.

what's going on guys? this thread is the quietest of the decades right now!

i did about 7 miles in the heat yesterday - 2.5 miles of walking, then 3.5 miles of alternating running & walking. i need to get my milage up before my 1/2 marathon in october. i'm not worried about times or how much i run, but i need to get in at least 2 10 milers and a 12 miler before race day. next saturday i'll do either 8 or 9, depending on the temperature.

my running buddy & i found a great new restaurant near the trail. it's organic and mostly veggie. i had a veggie version of eggs benedict - 2 poached eggs over sweet potato hash browns and asparagus. delicious and healthy!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #313  

aurora- i know this thread it way quiet lately! wow 7 miles sounds like a long way girl that is so great! my dbf and i go biking that distance sometimes, but running/walking is a different story. sounds like you'll be more than ready for your 1/2 marathon in oct, and btw those eggs benedict sound delish!

this weekend was def not as bad as it could have been, but i am still going to stay away from the scale for a little bit bc i know i have gained some water weight. i start school tomorrow, only tuesdays and thursdays but i will be there from 12 to 9pm so it's going to be a weird eating schedule bc of my classes. i am going to have to try to eat sandwiches and sushi and stay away from the pizza and fast food! eek.

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 08-17-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #314  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

hey ladies,

so it's not much of a loss but i was 157.5 today. only a half pound, but every little bit counts, right? i have noticed some crazy changes in my body recently. yesterday when i got out of the shower, i noticed i actually have hip bones!!! who knew there were bones under all that fat? crazy. hehe.

hope everyone is doing well. those of you who are going through a heatwave like me, DON'T use it as an excuse not to exercise. this is the perfect chance to break out that old workout video sitting on your shelf that you haven't touched. i know i'm going to be dancing latin dances with maksim from dancing with the stars in my bedroom. ole! haha

have a great one, ladies!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #315  
Actual hot librarian.

Schools schedules are tough, Fashin. I know having a regular work schedule helps me, even though working full time means there never seem to be enough hours in the day! Maybe try to plan everything out eating-wise, at least for the first few weeks?

I celebrate every single half pound, Amyleigh! Gotta stay motivated and feeling good! It looks like we've lost a similar amount at this point. I don't know about you, but for me, now it is slooow. But it's still happening, and that's what counts

I taught myself to poach eggs in a pan tonight. Liked it so much I had three! Egg yolk is so delicious and flavorful when it's not fully cooked, I had no idea!! My muscles have been sore lately, so hopefully the extra protein will do me some good
Closed Thread