Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

hey ladies!

been a little MIA lately, as we have family visiting from Vancouver, and quite frankly, i didn't have any good news to report! went up and down a few pounds, and am now back at 152.8 after a KILLER 11.5km run last night. i run my 10km race on Sunday, so have to be ready!

Aurora - i can't remember if i already asked you this, but when in october is your HM, and where is it? i'm running my first HM oct 11 in kelowna, bc. i would love to see your training schedule. is this your first one?!?

fashin - good luck with balancing school and healthy eating! i always ate the healthiest in university cause i couldn't afford to eat out! what are you taking?

amyleigh - congrats on the hip bones i have moment like that every once in a while, like "did my collar bones always poke out this much"? and good for you for keepin up your exercise in the heat! i suck at working out when it's hot outside!
Old 08-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

amy, of course every little bit counts congrats on the loss! i myself work out in my house anyway (stationary bike, yoga, toning videos, weights) so i do not have to worry about the heat!

aurora, a regular work schedule helps me alot too, i think i just need to get into the swing of things. and i love poached eggs but for some reason i haven't ever tried doing it myself... hmmm i think i will have to try that soon!

skinny, i know what you mean about not having good news to report when family comes in town, good luck on your run Sunday i'm sure you will do great!! i am taking the last three classes i need (visual merchndising, entrepreneurship, and sales marketing) so i will graduate in december with a BS in Apparel Merchandising and a minor in Business Marketing, yipee! lol.

well i was bad on tuesday (my first day of school). decided to try something new and it was gross so since i was still starving i went to mcdonalds, ugh. but today i brought my lunch and that is all i am going to eat! also, i am going to have breast augmentation surgery on wednesday, eek. i have wanted it forever although i wanted to be a little closer to goal before, but the dr said i need to try to do it before my son is over 20 lbs so i wont have to wait as long to pick him up. and with my crazy school schedule it was either next week or november! well wish me luck, there is a 6 week recovery period where i will not be able to work out but i will def stay op with my eating so it should be ok. hope you are all doing well!!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 08-20-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #318  

fashin - i am a marketing major too! graduated from uni in 2006 with my bachelor of commerce in marketing!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #319  
Actual hot librarian.

S/C/G: 189/150.0/149

Height: 5'7.5"

Skinny, I think you must be a bit more disciplined than me I kinda hate running, but it's nice to have goals besides weight loss, so I just do one long distance run per week (but most of it is walking, haha) and then run after my daily elliptical workout when I'm up to it. My 1/2 is in Columbus October 18, and I'm just planning to finish it!

Good luck with your surgery, Fashin! No long stay in the hospital, right?

As for me, I decided to buy some groceries for my desk at work. I'm getting a bit sick of the overpriced food in our cafeteria. I'd rather eat peanut butter sandwiches and fruit and save the money, methinks. We'll see if I keep it up. Meanwhile, I'm looking for a loss tomorrow or over the weekend....
Old 08-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #320  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

skinny, thats awesome did you end up getting a job in your field after graduation? i am a little worried about finding a job, but hopefully it will be ok...

aurora, it will be an outpatient surgery just an hour of waking up time before the dbf can take me home. and great idea buying groceries for your desk, if i had my own desk at work i would def do that lol.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:31 PM   #321  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

148.6!! I'm out!!

Good luck on your surgery fashin!
Congrats on your losses!!
See you all soon in the next thread!!
Old 08-21-2009, 09:15 AM   #322  

Aurora - oh, i hate running as well! but i'm so scared that i make sure i am getting my training in...it's supposed to be 3 short and 1 long run a week, but i usually only get in 2 short and 1 long. i have a 10km race this wknd, sort of a trial run!

fashin - i actually ended up working in Human Resources right out of school, cause i moved to fort mcmurray (to follow a stupid boy) and there are not a lot of mktg jobs up there. i am now a marketing assistant / graphic designer for a sign company, which is lots of fun!

kk140 - congrats girl! hope to follow you over there soon!

Last edited by skinnywish; 08-21-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey all...I'd like to join this thread. Are there any rules? Do we weigh in on certain days or report what we're eating or our exercise for the day or anything like that?

I promised myself I would NEVER get into the 150s, and well, here I am! I'm hoping I'll be in the 140s again soon. I was getting pretty darn close to 160 too. But as of right now I'm down to 155.4!
Old 08-21-2009, 08:48 PM   #324  
Actual hot librarian.

Congrats, kk!!

Good luck with the 10K, Skinny! Sounds like you will be v well prepared

Welcome, LaBonita! There are no rules 'round here, just post as much as you like. Most of us seem to post more when we are losing more, LOL.

As for me, 152.5, FTW! Sooo close to the 140s - hopefully in the next 3 weeks.

I went to a happy hour with my alumni club tonight, and we discussed starting up a running group, so I'm hoping that works out. I should be doing 8-9 miles of mixed running/walking tomorrow.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:50 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 195.8/181.0/128

Height: 5'7"

So I've been scoping out the forums for a little while and this one in particular for the past few days...I got down pretty close to that all important middle digit rollover at 153.4, this was my closest yet, but what with summer parties and making a friend's wedding cake (I live for batter and icing YUM!), have been bouncing around alot. I was really good today and will be (finally) weighing in again tomorrow and decide I need a good kick in the butt to get myself out of these stupid 50's once and for all. I got stuck here last year too, gained weight back, and am now stuck here again. Ready to use you all for serious inspiration!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:22 AM   #326  

Height: 5'2

Hey ladies, been gone for a while but I am back now and in FULL force....

Congratz everybody on the amazing progress, I'm so happy for all of you

Well I am officially in the 140s, weighed in at 147.4 this morning The last time I was at this weight was in 2002 (yes 7 years ago...)

I had to step off the scale and back on again just to make sure that it wasn't a false reading. I must say though that now that I am getting closer to my goal weight, it is much harder for the weight to come off. So I have had to revamp my whole exercise plan, added stepping, spinning and tae-bo to give me that intense workout because my old plan was not working anymore. Now that I have made these changes, I am beginning to see results again.

Well its 1 week till Spring here and I am pleased with the way the I am looking... I'm sure in about 3 months time, if I keep up with my eating and exercise plan, I will be wearing a bikini just in time for Summer.

I will be joining the 'Sayonara to the 140's challenge' thread as that is my next goal. I will check up on you ladies as often as possible....

Keep up the good work and hope to see you all in the 'Sayonara to the 140's challenge' thread.

I'll be waiting for ya'll
Old 08-23-2009, 07:36 AM   #327  

Question

I'm so jealous of you moving on down size8, you're definitely well on your way!

I weighed in at a horrifying...157.0. Ugh. I have to hope some of it is water retention and that a couple of those pounds will drop off really quickly. As for the rest of them...its back to eating right. Simple as that.

Now to stick with it...
Old 08-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #328  
Actual hot librarian.

Welcome, Nicci! And good luck with the sayonara, Size8

I did my 9 miles yesterday - the weather was perfect. I think I ran about 3.5 miles and walked the other 5.5. Toward the end I was experiencing some cramps in an unexpected place - turns out TOM had arrived early. The combination leg to some mega munchies last night, but I (mostly) kept it in check. Today I'm a bit sore/stiff, but I'll be off to the gym for some elliptical in a few hours. Gotta see another loss when the bloat is gone!

Good luck to everyone this week
Old 08-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #329  

9 miles Aurora? Seriously impressive! And good for you for sticking it out, cramps and all. I do 4km (I'm from Canada) every second morning and am pretty impressed with myself just for managing that. I am starting to hit that wall though where I feel I'll need to run faster or farther soon.

Today was a great food day, until my brother and his family showed up with sticky buns (which my town is FAMOUS for) and lemon meringue pie, my all time fave. I managed to have a super light dinner to allow for a decent sized slice of pie. And it was worth every last forkful. Lets hope my restraint shows up tomorrow morning on the scales!

I also hope I can drag my butt outta bed for a run tomorrow morning! Hope you all had a great weekend and didn't get too derailed
Old 08-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #330  

hey chickies! i ran my 10km race yesterday! it was HARD! i did it in the time i expected (about 65minutes) but i was the last one across the finish line out of a group of 30 or so. these people were ridiculously fast! the winner finished in 32 minutes!!!! that's my 5km time!

anyhow, weight is 153.8 this morning, after some eating out after the race and muscles retaining water...

Aurora - WTG on 9 miles! that is seriously impressive!

Nicci and Labonita - welcome to the thread (sorry i'm a little late on my welcome!)
Closed Thread