Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

wow that's amazing!
i wish i could run that much!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

whew! back from my run! kk140, i started out with C25K in april, struggling thru 30 sec jogging intervals...it's an awesome program and now i'm training for a 10km on aug 23 and a half marathon (21km) in october. you should should check out the thread jelbb started on the program!

hopefully will see a loss tomorrow morning!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #288  

S/C/G: 255/160/155

Height: 5'8"

Aurora: my puppy is deinitiely a crier in the wee hours of the morning too, but it is usually because she wants to go outside and she can't jump off our bed yet (too small). I do love her though. I'm jealous about your DC trip, I've never been!

Jelbb: Good news on the job front! I was actually offered TWO jobs yesterday. One as a hostess, one as a bartender at all the ASU football home games. I'm pretty stoked. Did you hear back from the bookstore job?

kk140: I can relate with the weight skipping around all over the place, that's been me lately too. Grr.

Things have been busy around here but good busy. The scale has not budged a bit in the last couple of days by TOM showed up yesterday so I assume that is why. Still hovering at 157 but I don't think I'm going to weigh myself until TOM is gone. Heading into another weekend, yikes.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #289  
sucker for candy corn

S/C/G: 186/ticker/135

154.2! I didn't weigh myself for the past two weeks (busy w/ family and then moving to another state), didn't exercise much and kind of watched what I was eating. I was very thrilled to see that I lost 2.6 lbs in the last two weeks. Hopefully the next three weeks of my vacation will be just as good!

ETA: Also, this means that I have lost more than 30 pounds AND have a normal BMI. WOOT.

Last edited by Civakas; 08-07-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #290  
Actual hot librarian.

S/C/G: 189/150.0/149

Height: 5'7.5"

Wow, Civakas, a normal BMI is so great!

Blanna my dog (a westie) is fully grown and he STILL can't jump down from my bed, lol. Your puppy looks like a cuttie

Congrats on the running, Skinny. I still like to take lots of walk breaks myself. Hope you see your loss!

As for me, I lost another 1/2 lb! I've had a pretty great week. And tonight I have a 5K - should be interesting with heat, humidity and the first half being all uphill! But if I manage to see another drop over the weekend, it could be my first 2 lb loss week in a long time, which would be AMAZING.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:09 AM   #291  

Hey Ladies!

Weighed in at 153.4 this morning, so i'm happy with that...had been 154.4 all week during TOM...

went for a 9km run last night, so i am TIRED this morning, but feeling good! how are you all doing?!

Aurora - how did your 5km go???
Old 08-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #292  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

weighed in at 158 this morning. not as good as i was hoping, not even a full pound loss, its going so slow! lol sorry but i am getting frustrated i guess i am just impatient... hope you all are doing well!

congrats on your losses civakas, aurora, and skinny!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 08-10-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #293  
Actual hot librarian.

S/C/G: 189/150.0/149

Height: 5'7.5"

Skinny & Fashin, looks like it's slow all around. Just when I think I've got my losses figured out, my body goes and changes it on me. For months I've seen losses almost only on the weekend, but at least a half pound every weekend. Now, for 2 weeks, no loss on the weekend, and last week I lost 1.5 lbs during the week. Huh?

Now, if I can loose 1.5 lbs during the week every week, I will not complain, LOL.

Results from the 5K have not been posted, but if you believe the clock, I ran it in 33 minutes, which is a big improvement from my last race (11 minute miles instead of 13 minute miles).

No more frustration, girls! Let's post some big losses this week!!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #294  

Aurora - wow! 33 minutes is an awesome time. good job!

fashinjunkie - i hear ya on the slow loss frustration, i'm thinking i need to order 30 day shred to add to my running routine...

as for me, 153.8 this morning...my muscles are sore from my 9km run, so hopefully just hanging on to a bit of water...back out for a 5km run tonight!

i hope you all have a great day!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

i agree ladies let's see some big losses this week! it's been too long since i've seen a good loss on the scale which means one is on it's way hopefully.

this might sound weird but i've heard on here people eating a little above their normal calorie range like once a week or so just to give their metabolism a boost. well lately (3 weeks straight) i have not gone over about 1,450 calories a day and today i had 1800! but, i'm thinking maybe its a good thing, you know the whole eat more to lose more thing? i don't know, what do ya'll think about that?
Old 08-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #296  
sugar is the devil

!!!

I'm 149.8lb!!!! WHAT?! SWEET! Good-Bye 150!

I'm almost at my High School Grad weight (145lb). But the thing is... I look skinnier than I did at grad. I'm more muscle than fat now! Back then, it was the reverse!

Yay
Old 08-12-2009, 09:10 AM   #297  

SweetScrumptious - congrats girl! and yay for a leaner, more toned body!

fashin - i think that it's totally true that a calorie spike can kick your metabolism into high gear. you might just need to give it a few days to get any excess sodium and water out of your system, depending what you ate.

me - fianlly saw a drop today to 153.0...sloooooowly getting there!
Old 08-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #298  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

hello all!

i'm super excited to be jumping into this forum. i broke 160 about a week ago but waited a while to be sure i didn't climb back up. i've been under (barely but still under) for enough time that i'm confident it wasn't a fluke. my original goal was 150, but i think i might be adjusting it down to 145 since 150 i so close .

not exactly sure how to get this next 10 off, but we'll see how it goes.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #299  

WELCOME amyleigh!!!! it's been a little quiet around here, so it's good to have another 159 gal around!
Old 08-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #300  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Blanna:
Omigod!!! Congratulations! Tell me you're being logical, and going for the bartending job? It'll get you amazing experience, you can be a bartender ANYWHERE in the world if you've got the experience... AND you get tips!

And... I got the bookstore job!!!! It's by no means my dream job, but it's just so convenient that starting at a new college, I've got a job on campus... it just means that I'll be that much more connected to the college, which I really want to be, since I don't know anyone else going there, and I feel like the old dog, already having graduated from university, and going back to college with the 17-18 year old high school grads!

My scale hasn't budged lately either, so keep working at it. We'll get there.

Civakas!!
Way to go!!! GOD, I'm like ONE POINT TWO pounds away from a normal bmi! I'm at 30 lbs lost tho, too!! Wheee! Go us!!!

Aurora:
Oh man. I did C25K yesterday, and it was "100% humidity" according to the weather network, whatever that means... (pure clouds of water floating in the air...??) on top of it being 30-some-odd degrees and sunshiney as ****. and every 2 minutes of running that I did just... sucked the LIFE out of me, despite my endurance normally being pretty good! (P.S., Americans, 30 degrees is... 90-something ferenheit I think...? Too lazy to check, hehe).
I hope the horrible heat and humidity don't affect you... and that if they do, you realize that most people can't do NEARLY what they normally could in that kind of weather!!

Skinny:
9k, holy crapsticks. I only did like 2k today and I was PROUD of myself, hehe.
Congrats on the losses!! 153, look at you!!!

Fashin:
Welcome to my world, lol. If you were to watch me weigh in in the morning, it'd just be.... me. Weighing in. Calmly. Quietly.
But in reality, that calm collectedness is on the outside only-- every time I get on the scale and it hasn't moved in the right direction, I'm throwing mental hissy fits, hehe.

Sweetscrumptious:
Oooh, way to go!! I bet you look completely fabulous.
I'm almost at my highschool weight too! I think I was like 141-142 by the end of high school. I'm supah thrilled! congratulations!

Amyleigh:
Welcome!!! I think adjusting goals as you go is a good idea. The problem with deciding an arbitrary number is that we never know exactly how we'll look and feel at that number... especially if we haven't been there in years! So, I'd see how you feel at 150, then move down if you want to! Hey, you might hit 145 and decide you'd still be at a totally healthy weight if you dropped down to 140! Or maybe you'll hit 145 and decide you're totally happy. good luck!

As for me...
Well, I hadn't checked in on my 150s ladies in a while, and I missed you, so I thought I'd drop in here!
I'm so proud of all of your losses, you're moving from high to mid-150s, and mid to low-150s!!! It's so fantastic to see! You're gonna be with forest and I and the other ladies in NO time at all in that "sayonara to the 140s thread"!

I've plateaued (anytime I've stayed at the same weight for 2 weeks or more counts as a plateau to me, and we're rounding 2 weeks between 146.0 and 146.4). It's driving me a little bit crazy, because I'm so impatient... and I dropped so spectacularly quickly from 156 down to 146 that I have a really hard time with the concept of SCRAPING AWAY at these last few lbs. Especially since I have these little mini goals JUST within my reach... a normal BMI, my high school weight... my patience is wearing thin. And what I really just don't want... is to get so frustrated that I give up! So, I'm keeping at 'er... working hard. Went for a run yesterday, and a brief jog today (it was supposed to be a walk today, but I just wanted my heart rate up!).

I just found out that I passed one of my 3 final university credits...ever. I get the other two grades on the 21st... I was only aiming to pass these classes, because the courses have literally NOTHING to do with my undergraduate/major, they're just to fill in the gaps, and get me my "honours" degree... and one credit down is a really spectacular thing to hear!

I also got a job at my new college, and am starting school in early September. And at the end of this month, I'm moving in with my cousin to my college town, about half an hour away from home. I'm thrilled. Absolutely thrilled... and even more thrilled to be moving and starting at a new school 10 lbs lower than I was at the beginning of the summer! :P

Last edited by Jelbb; 08-12-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Closed Thread