Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #361  
sucker for candy corn

S/C/G: 186/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, Sylvied!

I haven't visited 3FC in a while. I was on a 5-week long vacation which included my family visiting me in Boston, visiting my boyfriend's family in NYC, moving to Virginia, and visiting my family in CA. During all that time I exercised about 10 times and calorie counted only half the time. Yesterday, after returning to VA, I stepped on the scale and I was at 154.2. That's the exact same weight I recorded about 3 weeks ago!

Needless to say, I am very happy about this. The one thing I am dreading is going to the gym. I know my first go on the elliptical will be tough. Pre-vacation I normally lasted 50 min. I'm hoping to do 35-40 min tomorrow and work my way back up. =b
Old 09-02-2009, 07:57 PM   #362  
Actual hot librarian.

S/C/G: 189/150.0/149

Height: 5'7.5"

Wow, Civakas, nice work!

I leave on my trip tomorrow. Today was my last chance to go to the gym (my flight is at 4:30, and I have to work a full day and drop off the dog at the boarding place tomorrow). BUT we were having a celebratory happy hour for a completed group project after work. SO I went for a 1/2 hour run at lunch. Not as calorie-burning as my usual 45 minute plus workout, but not bad, either.

I had intended to order a diet soda and not eat anything, but they ordered 3 appetizers for the five of us... and everyone else was having fruity drinks... so I decided to count it as dinner and have a beer. I also had some of the appetizers (nachos and spinach dip). My work group almost never goes out, and I didn't go overboard, but I wish it wasn't just before my trip!

Just another reason to be really good on my trip, I guess. I've already had my friend thinking of restaurants with good salads, or somewhere that I can try fish. Wish me luck!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 195.8/181.0/128

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back Civakas, it sounds like you're doing great, savour that number and jump right back into it!

Aurora, good luck on your trip and enjoy the many compliments I'm sure are coming your way!

As for me...its been an ups and downs week so far. I was happy to be at 154 after that wedding fiasco where I felt like I ate more icing than I put on the cake. Unfortunately I let myself get talked into bringing home leftover chocolate ganache and buttercream icing which I proceeded to inhale with some fudgey brownies a couple nights ago. Whoops. I didn't finish it and REALLY need to throw it away. Better in the garbage than in my body at this point.

I ended up feeling really sick yesterday and eating next to nothing as I slept through my afternoon snack and dinner. I was very much op today and weighed in this morning at 153.8 so I'm back on track. I move into a new place this coming week so I'm excited to do my first huge healthy grocery shop.

I'm also about to start training for a 5km in a month and then a 10km in two months. I currently run a (very hilly) 4km every second morning so the 5km feels like more of a formality, but it will be a good challenge for me, my run has gotten a bit too easy these days!

Time to hit the hay I think, I have a big day of last minute chores and packing tomorrow!
Old 09-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #364  
sucker for candy corn

S/C/G: 186/ticker/135

153.2 this morning!

Nicci, I'm in awe of your exercise routine! I started running but kind of gave up after a while. I was up to 2.75 mi but would only run once a week.

Aurora, have fun and good luck on your trip!
Old 09-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #365  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey girls...short and sweet for me today. I'm at 155.8 this morning....so up a little from last week (+.4). I'll take it though. Haven't exercised at all this week, and my eating hasn't been so great, so I knew it was coming.

This weekend won't be too great for me...my friend is getting married tomorrow, so with all the festivities going on this weeken I'm not going to be eating anything good really. But I'm going to let myself indulge (within reason of course)! Back on track for Labor Day! Have a nice long weekend girls.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #366  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

150.6 this morning! with the long weekend and camping/parties planned, i'm sure that will be up by monday....blah!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #367  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

hey girls, it sounds like everyone is doing pretty good! i have been mia because i had my breast augmentation surgery a week and a half ago... everything is great but unfortunately when you go from a barely b to a full d, there will be some weight gain... i know there is still a little swelling and such but i am up from 158 to 164... hopefully i can get it off soon this sucks!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #368  

saw a glimpse of 149.2 this weekend, but i'm pretty sure it was dehydration from one too many hard ciders...back to 150.6 this morning, and happy that i maintained over the wknd!

how did everyone else's weekends go?
Old 09-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #369  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

Height: 5'4

I've been going bonkers! yesterday I went up to 161 and then I checked a day later and it was 157. I dunno what's happeninggg, yeah I know fluctuation but still, not sure if it will ultimately go UP or DOWN. I'm hoping for DOWN of course and I'm working at it! but I just get SO freaked out when it goes like that. I mean, I promised myself I will never go to the 160's ever againnn, ever, ever and I was just so freaked when I saw 161. Fluctuations drive me crazy, seriously. It's like my body is messing with my head lol
Old 09-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #370  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for the welcome Civakas!

I was not OP foodwise on the weekend... but I don't feel too bad because I had a great time and I at least made high quality cheat choices - so I figure it was worth it (although it made this morning's run a little brutal).

Kudos skinnywish on seeing a 4 and on maintaining through the weekend. I'm not sure if I have and I know that getting on the scale right now will just annoy me so I'm getting back on track this week.

beautifulmess - I'm sure as long as you keep working at it the scale will keep trending downwards but I know it's really frustrating when the results don't seem to match the hard work. It'll get there though.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #371  

Height: 5'2

Hey ladies, I see you all are doing great...

skinnywish 150.6, you are so there just give it 2 weeks and you will be in the 140s

Niccitraining for 5K/10K, I wish I could do that.. running is so not my thing, it burns fat faster but I am a walking girls.. Good luck with your races though...

Its the first month of Spring here in South Africa so it will be Summer very soon, in 2 months to be exact... so I am working harder than I have ever have...

I have posted this saying at my desk at work as a reminder especially when I am feeling bored and I think I'm hungry
Eating for the body I want and not for the body I have....
Exercise for the body I want and not for the body I have...

Keep up the good work ladies...
Old 09-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #372  

ok, so up a bit today...151.2, but i started back running last night, and i think my muscles are retaining water after the 5km...remind me to never stop running for 2 weeks again, ESPECIALLY during half marathon training!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #373  

S/C/G: 157.8/157.8/130

Height: 5'5

Hey Guys,

My name is Nicole. I have been doing Weight Watchers for about 3 months now. I have lost 16 pounds and have been at 150-151 for the last two weeks. I am pretty new to 3FC and I just found this thread. It is nice to know that there are other young people with the same weight issues as myself. I would love to join this thread.. Because you are people my age,,, and because we are all trying to get out of the stinkin 150's.. I even took up jogging.. I hate jogging!! but I have to admit it definitly tightens up the bod!! I really need to break into the 140's!!!

Nicole
Old 09-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #374  
Actual hot librarian.

S/C/G: 189/150.0/149

Height: 5'7.5"

Welcome, Nicole and Sylvied!

Beautifulmess, I'm totally impressed with the discipline it must take to fast

Size8, I hate running, too. But you just have to do it, y'know?

Skinny, I think you'll be the next new member of the 140s thread very, very soon

As for me, I had a GREAT trip to DC. I'm up a bit right now, but I think it's from sodium/air travel-related water retention It's less than I was up after my last trip, and I was back to my low within 3-4 days then, so it's all good. We walked a lot, and I made reasonably healthy choices. BTW, Brazilian food is delicious! So is the Moroccan dish I tried at Afterwords Cafe. And the super-cheap noodle bowl I had in Chinatown. Yum....
Old 09-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #375  

Aurora - yum, ethnic food! what is brazilian food like? now i'm curious, i'll have look it up...i love cooking (and eating) food from different countries!
Closed Thread