Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 09:07 PM   #346  
The Last 10lbs!

Congrats Joyra! Hopefully I (and everyone else) will be joining you there soon! Well done!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

152.4 today...
Old 08-27-2009, 09:37 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 195.8/181.0/128

Height: 5'7"

Congrats Joyra!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one who's proud of you and can't wait to join you in the next thread.

Today was harder than I expected, I ended up at a bonfire with s'mores. YUM. My tastebuds have definitely changed because I used to feel pretty take it or leave it with regards to chocolate but these days can't get enough. Hence my battle with the chocolate cake last night (a battle I quickly lost).

I was also a strict vegetarian for about ten years and so am still catching up on my lost time with marshmallows, with I love with a burning passion. I was planning a sugar free chocolate pudding for dessert but traded it for 2 marshmallows and saved 10 cals

Now its on to cake decorating and a rehearsal dinner and my friend's wedding. I just have to remind myself that I'll have to come back here and admit to whatever sins I commit, hopefully that will keep them to a minimum!

Good luck to you all this weekend, hope I can report back soon with happy tales and no food hangover!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #349  

Nicci - all the power to you! i LOVE buttercream frosting! is that what you're using? you need to show us a pic of your cake! i did my own cake for my wedding in march!

joyra - way to go! and good luck when you come home! you can do it!

weighed in at new low, 151.6! BUT it may have a little to do with dehydration after too much red wine last night...we'll see tomorrow!
Old 08-29-2009, 08:55 AM   #350  
Actual hot librarian.

S/C/G: 189/150.0/149

Height: 5'7.5"

just where i wanted to be before my labor day trip and even a few days early!
Old 08-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #351  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' everyone...happy Saturday!

I really wish I could figure out how to be good on the weekends. I always go nuts. I got McDonalds yesterday along with pastries in the morning at work. Then I had a lean cuisine pizza with pop for dinner. I don't want to blame it on my period though cuz this happens every weekend. Ugh. Which is why it's going to be IMPOSSIBLE to get out of the 150s. any ideas on how to get my butt in order on the weekends? I didn't even work out this morning and tonight I'm going to a bach party...so I'm expecting lots of cocktails.

I didn't weigh myself yesterday cuz of TOM and I just felt like crap. But next week is a new week I guess. *sigh*
Old 08-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #352  

Ugh. That whole plan of bringing food and avoiding cake and icing and moussey fillings failed big time.

Friday I spent the day making cakes and consumed my body weight in small bites of cake and icing and chocolate ganache and lemon mousse. I ate really light healthy meals, but still.

Saturday I only ate one real meal (banana bread oatmeal YUM! for breakfast). For lunch I snacked on chocolate, cake, and strawberries. At the wedding and reception I didn't eat a real meal because I was the maid of honour and seriously didn't have time to handle a plate of food. I also had the 3 year old flower girl clinging to my leg and wanting to be carried around. I snacked on cake, chocolate, grapes, cheese, and spinach wedges.

All in all, I'm not overly proud of myself. I really wanted to control myself and see another loss on the scales tomorrow morning and prove to myself that I had finished yoyoing. I keep doing this, dropping down to within 3 or 4 pounds of 150 then having some event in my life that makes me gain back a couple pounds and start the cycle again.

All I can do is be good and eat lightly today and jump back on the wagon tomorrow. Doesn't stop me from being pissed off at myself though. At least it was all delicious!
Old 08-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #353  

By the way, after my personal ranting I read back and remembered that I wanted to say CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to Aurora and Skinny you both are doing amazing and I'm trying to be more like you!

And to LaBonita...I'm in the same boat. Its almost as often as every weekend with me lately. Its not the weekend for me though, its events like a birthday or wedding that seem to keep coming up. Hopefully my life settles down for a while now, although I am moving next week and starting school again!! Although it didn't work for me this weekend, I find the best thing to do is make a plan in advance. If you already have yummy healthy meal ideas in mind you're less likely to grab total crap just because its there and easy.

As for fast food, even McDonald's doesn't have to derail you. We stopped on the drive home today and I got a garden salad with grilled chicken and balsamic vinaigrette (I usually avoid non free-range chicken but it was that or no protein). I picked off most of the cheese, used half the dressing and ended up with a delicious and filling meal with less than 400 calories. Lots of veg too. I rounded that out with water. Its not easy when there are greasy fries staring you in the face but it can be done!

I hope you had a more successful weekend than me ladies, the real test for me will come tomorrow morning at 8am when I step on that scale. I actually don't feel as terrified as I thought I would but I probably should!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:05 AM   #354  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone! I woke up at 157 this morning so I've come to join this thread. I don't think my weight has been this low since about grade 10. I'm excited to see the numbers drop further...which I hope won't take too painfully long.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:43 AM   #355  

Well...154 this morning. Up one after a weekend of insane food shenanigans isn't quite as bad as I was expecting, so I'll go with it. I'm moving this weekend and starting school again next week but I see no reason for that to derail me, since there will be no cake around
Old 08-31-2009, 10:03 AM   #356  

152.8...seems to be my magic number, although i haven't been staying on plan, so i guess maintenance is good!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:24 PM   #357  
Actual hot librarian.

S/C/G: 189/150.0/149

Height: 5'7.5"

hiyya, everyone!

i'm constipated and therefore up a bit. (sorry for the tmi). does anyone else have this issue sometimes? it works itself out if i eat some fiber-y fruit, but it's annoying.

walked 10 miles yesterday in the lovely weather
Old 09-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone. I've been MIA for a few days, but still going at it! Like I said, I didn't do too well over the weekend. But I made up for it yesterday and ate lots of veggies and fruit. Almost no carbs. Pretty much the only carbs I had was in some juice that I drank. I weighed myself this morning...I was at 155.8 (up .4 since last weigh in last week). Which is pretty good considering during TOM I bloated up to 159....kinda scared me a bit! But no worries...I'm basically back to where I was last week. I didn't work out yesterday just because I didn't want to overdo it since I didn't eat too much yesterday. But tonight is a BOSU class. I haven't been to that one yet. But I'm going to go tonight!! Let's keep trucking girls...we can do this
Old 09-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #359  

152.0 today...busy, busy, can't write much! good work everyone!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #360  

151.2 today! man, this is a slow process! is it too much to not follow my diet and exercise plan and still hit my goal weight
Closed Thread