apple,
Dinner: fish baked w/ lemon pepper seasoning and a bit of butter
1 baked sweet pot. cinn. little dib of br. sugar/ bit of butter
fresh veggies steamed w/ dash of vinegar
Snack: fruit
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:24 AM   #872  
mom5kidz

cacmsc - Now, if I were on vacation - I go to bed early, mainly, bcs I get up early and have to stay up - I don't know how/why I do it - I've done this ever since I was a young teen - I would stay up until midnight, or later, talking to my friend on the phone(we wouldn't phone until 11:01pm) - I believe that is how it all started - and it has continued on - when I was working at the HS there were times I went to bed around 9pm, but ended up awake by 1am - and would end up awake for the rest of the day - My time clock is definantly messed up - and at my age, I guess it won't ever be right again.
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 06:52 PM   #873  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hey, Kim, I see that you've got another grandbaby due right around now....how's it going?

Carol, it looks like you're doing well, congratulations! How long were you working on that quilt?

Tired--I have become a poor housekeeper. I used to focus on keeing the kitchen clean every evening, and spend Saturday afternoons on the rest of the place. I frequently end up working or traveling over the weekends, and so now cleaning is catch-as-catch can. Also back in the day, people were more likely to pop over unannounced, and I grew up the old school way, where you were humiliated for people to see your dirty house Now I'm trying to get back into a weekend routine , because I am happier when I'm not surrounded by clutter.

These past few days have been okay, but not sterling. Today I had strawberries and a piece of cheese for b'fast, apple and almonds for AM snack, salad w/ham for lunch, and a protein bar this afternoon. I also had some lovely Godiva chocolate, and I didn't even try to talk myself out of it. I'm a little frustrated that I have shin splints, so my legs really hurt. It's a beautiful evening for walking, but I guess I should back off for a bit.

Anyway, have a great evening!
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:59 PM   #874  
mom5kidz

Judy - mom is still pg - we're hoping she goes tonight, or tomorrow - I just wish he'd hurry up
Old 05-05-2005, 06:30 AM   #875  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Judy good to hear from you and hope your last trip had a little time for some fun. The quilt started to form last October. It paid for some of my expenses when in Seattle. But I was under pressure to get it done and that was a good thing or I'd still be working on it today. In the end it looked really nice but not a project I would ever want to do again the biggest ever for me King size. The design alone took at least 6 hours just to prefigure it out. When you don't have pattern its tough. My next quilt is my grandaughter Brookes which I started to work on about 2 years ago. It is coming out and if I look at it enough it gets me jump started to work on it. Hers is about 1/3 of the way done. It is made of pretty pinks, yellows, lt. blue, lilac and is very girly. She is going to be 6 in June so hopefully it gets together. I have a really pretty pink which is called pink angel very soft color which I will border it in.
Yesterday my calories were up 1700 it was some ice cream I slipped in for my night snack. So today I am going to work on my calories. The water intake has been good this week. My exercise not as good as normal but I am going to make my 4 times this week. Sounds like all of us are struggling a bit. Must be the weather got to blame something. At any rate the weather is changing and suppose to be beautiful so I have no more excuses.
Tired hope you doing well.
Rollmdl if your out there we miss you! Julie you too!
Kclay I wish I had just a little of your staying up late. Hows your intakes going? I seem to be in a little slump.
Have a great day.
Intakes planned: 2 poached eggs w/ pot. rye toast dry
celery sticks w/ little peanut butter
Lunch= salad romaine lettuce w/ croutons/ cheese/ almonds/cukes and 2 for you salad dressing blue cheese, yogurt
Snack= green apple
Dinner= pasta and sauce/ salad w/ olive oil and vinegar
Snack=? something healthy

Last edited by cacmsc; 05-05-2005 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:30 AM   #876  
mom5kidz

My intake, yesterday, was only like 400 calories - got a late start on the day - then had to head out of town for a minor crisis - so only stopped to eat around 7pm - I had

Green beans, squash casserole, small salad with FF dressing and 1oz of Roast beef

My staying power, hmmmm, LOL, so THAT'S what my DH meant I'm truely a lazy person - I may stay up to all wee hours, but I do end up getting around 12hrs of sleep, just not consistent.

Nothing planned for today, UNLESS g'baby decides to show his cute little face *crossing fingers*
Old 05-05-2005, 09:13 PM   #877  

Good evening! The days are moving so so fast - very busy time of year. I've been making many healthy choices and a few not so healthy choices. I enjoy reading about your great strategies. Have a good night.
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 06:28 AM   #878  
fIREFLY

Yesterday pretty much stayed on schedule except for lunch we ate out. I had chinese and prob. not the best choice. But I did stick to my intake the rest of the time and didn't have anything after dinner last night. This week I will admit exercise just has been tough for some reason I find myself fighting it all the way. I am goign to get there this morning before work. Yesterday other than the way to the office and in and out up the stairs and a little garden work no real exercise. So I decided to go this a.m. and on saturday.
Take care and Tired at least your making some changes and thats better than not doing it. You also have been riding your bike to work and around town. So give yourself a little credit some change is better than no change. They say if we do something for 10 days straight it becomes a habit and routine.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:40 PM   #879  

Thanks Carol. You are so supportive. I appreciate it.

Good job getting back on track after the lunch out. I'm having a lot of company on Monday so I'll probably do some power cleaning tomorrow morning. Tonight I'm going to bed early.

Take care.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:52 AM   #880  
fIREFLY

What a weekend! The weather was beautiful and I got to do some yard work. The gardens are looking good. I think the wet spring just gave everything a jump start. Well our site here is pretty slow what do you think?
I tried to walk around the lake yesterday but they had started to charge the 6 dollars to get in on weekends. So I didn't do my walking but helped with my moms gardens. That is something we do every year as a family take care of my moms yard. She was pleased. I loved all my gifts fromt the kids but the phone call from Hawaii was just what I needed. It was good to hear from my son it had been awhile. He is really loving it all. He told me all about it and sounds extremly happy.
Today I am going to eat health and exercise. I need to take a good step forward this week and jump back into this journey.
Intake this a.m. ww almond crisp 150 cal. splaxh of milk
Snack: yogurt
Lunch: salad w.turkey breast, tomatoes, cheese, low cal blue ch. dres.
Snack: green apple
Dinner: grilled hamburg w/ cheese and a jalopeno roll , veggies
Tiredoffat have you done the bike athon?
Old 05-09-2005, 07:09 AM   #881  
mom5kidz

Good morning cacmsc - May I ask why your son is in HI? My one son is in TX and that is far enough away for me - He called, 3x's, bcs he "claimed" he kept forgetting to tell me things

Today is my weigh in day, but I haven't done it, yet. Have several things to do today, and it's going to be a busy one - so am going to wait and step on the scale after my shower.

Have a great day
Old 05-09-2005, 08:15 AM   #882  

morning all!!

hpe everyone had a good weekend.

i just finished my first week on WW and i lost 4.5 lbls!!! yay!!!!!! to boot it was that time of the month and i didn't exercises like i usually do. hopefully i can keep this up.
chocolatecatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 03:05 PM   #883  
mom5kidz

OK update - I stayed the same this week, which is fine

New grandbaby might be here tonight *crossing fingers*
Old 05-10-2005, 06:14 AM   #884  
fIREFLY

Kclay my son and his wife love to travel and see the world and one of my sons best friends live there. He and his wife traveled at least 3 times a year to ck it out. I spoke with him and they seem very happy. He is a carpenter and is all lined up with jobs. Very talented young man and his wife too! So I don't like him being so far away but hope to see them at christmas and a family wedding next May. We keep in touch often and he was in Seattle that wasn't so close either.
I was going to go exercise this a.m. but all my stuff wasn't ready so I am going to go after work today. I should be done a bit earlier. As long as I get there before 4 its not packed. The weather has been beautiful and I have been working outside in the gardens everyday. Its a lot of work but in the end worth it all.
Chocolate congradulations to you keep up the good work. I am trying to jump back in a little extra bread and sweets lately got to get back in the groove.
cc
Old 05-10-2005, 06:50 PM   #885  

Hi all. Carol glad you mentioned getting your exercise clothes ready. I'm going to do that too. It's finally warmed up around here and I'm hoping to get a bike ride in tomorrow morning. Still struggling to get back on track but making some progress.