Old 06-16-2005, 06:25 AM   #976  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Today I plan on going to the gym. I am only working until 3:30 so it will be a good day to go. Plus I am trying to work off some stress levels. Working out seems to always help with that. I am so glad its almost friday its been a long week for sure. I have a baby shower to attend this weekend on saturday. Nothing else really planned. So I may work on some sewing projects cause I think we are going to have some rain. It rained most of the night and is still raining but the garden needs it. I hope it gets all the rain out this weekend as the next two we are camping!
Plans: workout at the gym
Intake: cereal w/ milk and a few strawberries 250
yogurt 90
spinach salad/ w/veggies/ balsamic vinegar/ o.j. for dressing 200 cal.
cantalope 1 cup
dinner? I am stopping at the store on the way home. So no preplan just what sounds good but I will make a healthy choice. Some veggies for sure!
Hang in there girls everyday we take a little closer step to reach our goal. I will get on the scale on saturday! Tired you are really smart doing it on monday maybe I will join you for that too!
Snack: frozen fruit bar
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:20 PM   #977  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

I'm working at home this morning and have a doctors appointment later this afternoon, so I'm feeling very relaxed quiet. I slept a little late this AM (yaay!) and had an egg and sliced ham for breakfast, no AM snack. I will have a big salad w/salmon for lunch, and will stop by Curves on the way to the doctor's office. I'm not sure about dinner maybe a chicken Lean Cuisine and extra veggies.

Thanks, Tired and Carol, for helping me put my pigging out into perspective. Although it's been an emotional week, I don't think that's what's triggered it. I have to be focused ALL the TIME, I can't let my guard down, I love to eat, and big piles of sweets in a group setting have always been the hardest things for me to walk away from. If I'm going to reach my goals I will have to come to grips with this issue. I have several tools, like breathing, self-talk, imagining that I'm allergic, etc., but when it comes down to it, there are time when I just throw all that to the wind and dig in....once or twice a week is enough to keep me stuck where I am.

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good today, making good choices. Hope you are, too!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:34 PM   #978  
fIREFLY

Judi it happens thats for sure. Not a bad day for me I am about 1300 calories at this time. I think I am going to finish off the evening with a yogurt instead of the frozen fruit bar its cool out tonight. I guess maybe the warmer weather was nicer than I thought. I skipped the exercise again tonight. Boy once you get out of a routine you really pay like **** to get back into it. What in the world am I thinking? So far I am holding my own but if I only exercised more I know it would move my scale numbers down. I will GET THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you know the lemons I have been putting in my drinks and eating are a natural way of detoxifying our bodies? Well I didn't. I just read an article on it. The web site I haven't ck'd out yet but it is www.TheFruitPages.com Check it out every little piece of knowledge and change we can have is one step closer to a healthier lifestyle. Reduce stress by making time for yourself! Talk to you all soon! Don't give up! Be positive. Be Fit. And be healthy!
Old 06-17-2005, 06:29 AM   #979  

Hi all. Carol, thanks for the lemon tip. I love lemons. I'm going on a healthy shop this weekend and will definately buy lemons. Judy, I'm like you when it comes to food. I'm trying to make replacements and simply eliminate categories like sweets. That's what helped me a lot last year. I'm also trying to remember just how fabulous it feels to eat right - I breathe better, sleep better, get along with people better and wear nicer clothes. I just have to give myself that speech. I think the sugar really does a number on my body.

Good day yesterday. Lots of healthy food. For lunch I've been bringing a whole bag of cut up carrots - very crunchy and a good food when I get the munchies.

Hopefully another good day today.
breakfast - two kashi bars (great ingredients) 280
lunch - plan: carrots/string cheese (200)
snack - apple
dinner ??
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:50 AM   #980  
fIREFLY

Tired have you ever thought about the diet that simply gives up white stuff. Sugar, white flour, white bread, pasta etc.? I don't know an awful lot about it but a clients mom did it. She lost like 40lbs. When I saw her afterwards and asked what she did the reply was I gave up everything white. Just a thought when you talked about sugar it made me think of it. The crunchy veggies are a good idea sometimes I take little carrots. I have been taking my lunch this week and a magazine. When I am done with my lunch I read and it gives my body time to realize I did eat and need no more. Keeps me busy and not eating more. Talk to you soon. When I get on the sites it really helps to keep me motivated.
Intake: so far 1 cup of cantalope 57 / cereal 200
yogurt 90 cal.
lunch?
Old 06-17-2005, 06:21 PM   #981  

Lemons, I love lemons, any kind of citrus, really, and anything tart. I have half a lemon in my morning tea when I first wake up. Thanks for this fruit website, Carol, I'll definitely check it out.

Carol and Tired, you are both doing really well, keep up the good work!

I didn't work out this morning, but I got my walk in, had my usual breakfast and AM snack. I went to a meeting at a soul food restaurant, where most of the food is fired or cooked in butter (or both ). I had baked chicken, collard greens, and a little of the sweet potatoes. Still, that's a heavy lunch for me, and I have felt bloated all afternoon. Gonna try to walk it off and have a very light dinner, if I eat another meal at all today.

Take care--judy
Old 06-19-2005, 09:03 AM   #982  
fIREFLY

Judy I wasn't as good yesterday. Well I had an okay day actually up until my dinner time. In the morning I only had a piece of toast. Then went to a baby shower only had a little of each thing I liked. I even left a bit on my plate. I figured if I wasn't crazy about the taste don't waste the calories. Then at cake time only had a little piece and left part of that. So far so good. But then we stopped to see a friend when we got done it was well over our time for dinner. We stopped at a little pizza place and had antipasta salad w/ chicken wings. Well so I blew it. But looking back it could of been worse I could of ate bad all day long. So today I will try to be good we are all going for breakfast this morning that is if we can get a table. There is 10 of us the girls wanted to take the dad's for breakfast out. We live in a small town with about 4 little diners. But they fill quickly on days like this. We may find ourselves back at one of the houses cooking breakfast. I will drop in later maybe this will keep me going for the day. I did some garden work yesterday and plan on some today. With all the rain we had it does make pulling weeds and digging easier. Lots of stuff to put in and move around. I purchased a beautiful yellow rose bush too. Yes Judy that site has some great ideas I put it in my favorites so I don't lose it. I have to ck out some more of it.
Have a good day I am going to really try to make it a good choice day!
Old 06-19-2005, 02:26 PM   #983  

Just dropping in to say hi, and hoping that you are all having a great weekend. Except for two beers yesterday, I've had a good weekend, and feel really great after a long, hard workout this morning.

The coming week will be filled with temptations, I'm afraid--lots of lunches and dinners out. I'm committed to practicing my breathing and remembering that I don't have to consume anything, I can always choose something better. I've finally been able to change my ticker, which is good reinforcement.

Be well--judy
Old 06-20-2005, 06:58 AM   #984  
fIREFLY

Judy glad you could move your ticker. I have to figure out how to use it. I did do the scale thing this morning. No change but no gain and that is okay. I know lately I have let little things slip in my intake. If I had been more careful I am sure there would of been a change. But at least no gain. That I am okay with. This week I am also going to try to not let in the extras. I am going camping with the kids saturday and sunday. It should be a good time but the snacks being around won't be easy so I will bring some fresh fruit etc... I will induldge in one smore if wouldn't be camping if I didn't have one of those. You are so close to 25lbs. you go girl that is a real accomplishment and you should be very pleased. I have to say I exercised a lot yesterday girls. We are going to put in a brick patio. A friend gave me the bricks his is a landscaper left overs from jobs. He said rich people want to see the bricks brought in on the racks. So no problem I am not so proud! We moved about 170 yesterday. Plus I did garden work for hours pulling stuff out putting stuff in. But the gardens look great even the veggies garden is growing nicely. I am going to have some fresh buleberries soon. First time in a couple of years. My grapes are going to be good this year I think so far just losts of leaves. So many calories burned yesterday bending and picking up weeds, bricks etc. We did have ham for dinner last night so maybe I am retaining a little water wt. So I will do the scale again on wed. just to see if there is any movement. Judy preplanning on this tempting week may be helpful. Tighten up the calories for breakfast or which ever meal you can. Save calories for the others. I forget which type of dieting do you do? I count calories most of the time except when I really slip off my rocker! If you get a chance in your so busy day try a little extra walk or something else that will burn a few calories. I am so sore today my hips hurt! But when I am sitting out on my patio having coffee it will all be worth it. Tired your done with school?????? My grandaughter graduates from kindergarten on tues. I of course am taking a day off to go.
Carol
Old 06-20-2005, 01:21 PM   #985  

Good morning. School has finally ended. What a busy, roller coaster year. I hope that I can balance better next year.

Once I settle down I'll read the thread. Until then, hope all is well.
breakfast - bagel/cc, coffee
lunch - bean, veggie burrito, water
Old 06-21-2005, 06:42 AM   #986  
fIREFLY

Tired you made it good for you! I am doing okay and have been trying to keep on track and make better choices. Yesterday wasn't too bad. I did get into the chips a bit last night but only ate about 7 then said to the hubby take these dumb things. I got up and got a juicy fresh peach. I then ate that and was satisfied without such junk food. That is something that if it is around I get tempted forsure. Well I will catch up later as well. I am off to take the kids to school etc. and then come back to do some house work. I took today off vac. more like catch up day!
Carol
Old 06-22-2005, 06:28 AM   #987  
fIREFLY

The fun day ended in stress! While at the high school after the actual graduation we were in the classroom and some one asked if anyone had a blk. malibu maxx. I said its mine. Well I went out into the parking lot and some high school student had backed into me. It wasn't too bad a scratch and some rub spots. She couldn't of been going fast but didn't look behind her. Better my bumper than a child! Well at any rate not even a payment into my car yet and only had it exactly 2 weeks! Oh I handled it well but was a bit disappointed. I said they can pay for the fixing out of pocket to avoid her ins. going up. So I went right down to the bodyshop and got an est. it small so it wasn't bad. They are coming out tonight to write a ck. for the repairs. Never a dull moment. But the graduation was really cute. My little grandaughter had a lovely teacher and she enjoyed having her in the class as well.My daughter said to her don't you want to teach first grade. She would love to keep the kids 2 years. Some schools do that I think its nice.
I held it together even with my stressful time. I did have an ice cream and prob. at dinner a bit late but calorie wise not out of line. I did do some gardening and swimming. I am planning a trip to the gym tonight after work. This weekend and next weekend we are camping and i am going to wrok on taking some healthy stuff to counter act my other things I eat. I also will be doing swimming and walking. This week there is a nice pier to walk on about 1 mile long so there is my 2 miles.
Hope everyone else is having a good start to their week.
Carol
Old 06-23-2005, 05:44 AM   #988  

Hi all. Carol, I'm sorry about your car. At least the high school kids were honest. I dented my new car last fall and still haven't gotten it fixed. The first scrape on a new car is always a downer - but inevitable too. It sounds like you handled it well. Good job taking the peach instead of chips - you'll feel so much better.

I'm getting started (still) here. Yesterday I had a very good exercise day. I ran in the am and swam a half mile in the afternoon. I'm getting ready for the triathlon so I'm trying to swim and run each day. Eating was a bit over the top - all healthy but too much. Today's a new day and hopefully a better eating day. The sun is shining. That always helps me out.

sw210
cw181
gw150
Old 06-23-2005, 06:34 AM   #989  
fIREFLY

Tired your wt. is bound to come off soon with your increased exercise its only a matter of time. Keep up the good work. I am still .5 over my lowest wt since the start of this new lifestyle effort. I just lost .5 this week so only a little more and at least I am back to my lowest. If I had been a little better with my efforts I too would of been at my goal wt. or close to it. But as my last doctor visit the doc said taking off slow is best! So who would know better than the lady with all the letters behind her name! Hah hah! Your right about the car Tired and I agree for sure. It gets fixed on monday the ck. will be here tonight. Thank God it was only 120.00 and as I said could have been much worse.
Yesterday one of my coworkers brought in little snack size choc. candy bars. I went for at least the milkways dk. I had 4 at 165 calories. I did at least count them for the day. I was up a bit in calories yesterday. I had a big juicy burger for dinner on a hard roll. But didn't do too bad around 1650. Could of been worse. I guess one good thing to remember and sometimes I don't is that just cause your slipped a bit is no reason to blow a whole day! Today I will attemp for sure to stay around 1400 calories. I did read going 2 days 1400 or around and then 1 day up a bit tends to raise your metabolism level into movement? Who knows somethings work some don't all in all its what goes in our mouths!
Check out the lacreme yogurt 90 calories and the banana taste like pudding no after taste. Nice treat! I added some fresh lemon juice to the low cal raspberry dressing it take the edge off it tasting like low cal. Check it out! Anything that helps is good!
Intake for today: mult. grain bagel w/ sugar free jam 300 cal./ coffee
lunch: salad w/ cottage cheese 1/2 c.,croutons, low cal dressing
fresh peach cut up. 120,35,40,40=235
Old 06-23-2005, 05:40 PM   #990  

It feels so so good to be back. I had a great day (when was the last time I said that?). Due to your inspiration Carol I planted a nice veggie garden today with my five year old and his neighborhood friends. Lots and lots of tomatoes and other various veggies. Hopefully the woodchuck won't find that spot too soon. I also spent quality time with my five year old which I totally enjoyed. It feels so so so good to have some mental space usually my life is so crowded (something to try to remedy). Thanks for hanging in there with me.

today
early morning run
4 whole wheat crackers with pb, apple (400)
watermelon and carrots (100)
dinner plans - one piece of lasagna and something to accompany it
hopefully a swim later - we'll see as my dh had to leave for a last minute appt.

Thanks again for being here.