Old 04-23-2005, 07:13 PM   #841  

Hi all. Roll, I'm glad that the party went well. You made a good decision. I agree with you - Judy, you do care for yourself well! That's so important for everyone, especially women who tend to take care of others rather than themselves. We can give more and better if we care for ourselves.

Like you Roll, when things are a mess I can't think, yet I put off cleaning all the time. Today I cleaned, sorted and caught up all day (rainy day!). The house feels like a castle now that it's clean (worn, but clean).

I think everyone's good wishes have infiltrated my body because I feel so good. Back to school on Monday, but I think I'm prepared to try to not get "run over" by the job. I hope you'll keep posting Roll. We need to support one another. I enjoy hearing your thoughts and decisions regarding life. I also like to hear about your daughter-I know you are a loving and supportive mom.

Take care.
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:32 AM   #842  
mom5kidz

Hello, again, everyone - man am I tired - we, DH, the girls, and I got up EARLY this morning and headed towards my parents. DH works about 10 miles from their house, so, we dropped him off at work and then headed to my parents..........Got there around 9.........hung around until 11 or 11:30.......then DD called one of her friends, bcs she had left some video games, at said girls house........ran over there, grabbed the games and then headed for some lunch.........girls had some Krystal burgers and fries.....I, on the other hand, had Subway.........I had a Turkey sandwich on Honey Oat bread with LIGHT mayo, mustard, pickles and lettuce.....NO CHIPS, yeah me :-)

When DH got thru at his job we went and picked him up..........then we headed to Atlanta, which is about 40 minutes........got to my BIL's house.......hung around there for a bit, then BIL offered to buy us supper.........He took us to LongHorn Steakhouse.........I had a Grilled Chicken meal, with Steamed veggies and a mixed green salad with dressing on the side.

I am SO proud of myself for eating the right things. :-) *pat on back*
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:09 PM   #843  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

KClay good for you and the good choices.
I had gotten into some vinegar chips this weekend and the rest of the bag is going to my sisters today. We are headed for a birthday party. I will try to have a little of each thing and not go over board. I am going to try and not be to close to the picky foods before dinner. I made a pasta bow salad with some veggies to take over. I worked out at the gym for about 50 min today. It was a good workout and I did a variety of activities. Intake so far: cereal and 1/2 a bagel w/ lt. c.c. 1 banana
1/2 of a jalopenano roll w/ 1/2 cup of pasta salad, few chips!!
Those chips are history I just can't have them in the house!
Dinner? Party I am going to take a bottle of water with me. My intake with water is low today but I have time to get it up there.
Tired glad your feeling good keep up the good effort. Rollmdl time to yourself again wow. Your friends so delightful and so supportive that is very important. Judy you inspired me to buy some seafood shirmp and scallops. Mondays dinner plans.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:10 PM   #844  

Default good Morning All

kclay, good for you for making such good choices under stressful circumstances. I'm always tempted when I eat out but once I've made
a good choice, I usually feel pretty satisfied when I get my food.
My daughter is still at her sleep-over and I have the morning to myself. I slept late and now I'm going to putter and work in the garden. I didn't make it to the gym last night. I was invited to the movies by two of my favorite friends. I usually can't go so this felt frivolous and self indulgent. I had a small popcorn and ice cream so I skipped dinner . I know it wasn't a wise choice but I did stop eating after the movie. That is progress. I don't feel great about having the snacks but I'm not saying, "What the ****, lets go for the whole kitchen! The damage has been done! Wheeee!!"

This morning I'm having a chicken salad.

for lunch an open faced tuna melt on 1/2 bagel

grapefruit snack

beef and vegetable stir fry for dinner

Thanks everyone for being here.

Roll
rollmdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:12 AM   #845  
fIREFLY

Rollmdl sounds like you made some good choices yourself. Sometimes when you want something special if you don't have it you binge. So having the popcorn and ice cream wasn't so bad. And look at the control you had. Thats a funny thing when you start noticing the changes your making on your own. I remember when I started to first notice that only having a few chips v.s. no stop or having a cookie and being able to stop at one its different but a good sign. Your making some head way good for you! Years ago I went to get a bit of counseling on my food intake. The lady said if you crave a hot fudge sunade then have it in place of lunch. It does seem to balance out not to do daily but once in awhile isn't a bad thing. Keep up your good work.
I didn't do too bad at the party but did have some chicken riggies. I tried to only have a few pieces of the pasta but it was very good. Okay I had a small piece of cake too! But I did at least workout yesterday to balance it all out. Your open face tuna melt sounds great. Did you just do it in the mic? I think its sounds like something I'd enjoy.
I think when we know ahead of time we are going to induldge a workout time is a smart move to balance the extras. Oh I am adding in sugar free jello it helps with the sweet tooth cravings. I used to have it and its good and quick. I plan to fit a walk in this evening around the lake the sun is out.
Breakfast= 1/2 rye bagel w/ little lowfat c.c. 1 sm. banana
Lunch= salad and fruit lunch at the college today with a client
Snack= dried mix 1/4 cup
Dinner= shirmp and scallops over lemon thin spaghetti/ broc.
Snack sugar free jello
Old 04-25-2005, 08:12 PM   #846  

Awesome job KClay - keep it up!!!! You'll feel soooo good! Great job Roll and Carol with limiting your treat food. I wish I had been so good at my son's birthday yesterday. I really went all out with the treats. I know why, my DH was in bad mood, nothing big (probably just the usual overwhelmed feeling parents get now and then) but it bothered me a lot. There was tension and I had to run the party and I felt stressed and I just gave in eating everything in sight. Even though my job tires me out, the structure is good for me. I had a good day today, not great eating day - but not an over the top day and I did manage to make it to the pool with my youngest son for a while.

The journey continues. I appreciate all your good ideas and support. This is a journey - not a direct flight. I'm learning a lot in the process. Take care all.

p.s. I finally weighed myself - I'm up ten, time to head down.

sw210
cw 180
gw150
Old 04-25-2005, 08:14 PM   #847  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hey, I got to move my ticker down a few notches--I'm down two pounds since last week. I would've been happy not to have gained weight, so yaay for me I am exactly one-third of the way toward my year's goal. Since I know that I'll have a few plateaus along the way, I was hoping to lose more in the first four months of 2005. But I'll stay on course and keep my fingers crossed.

I did pretty well this weekend, but on Sunday, in the midst of a leisurely afternoon of housecleaning, I remembered that I was due at a friend's ordination ceremony, so I scrambled around to shower, dress up, find a gift and only arrive ten minutes late! I had more choices of what to wear than I would have had this winter, so that felt good. I couldn't figure out why I succumbed to a couple of cookies at the reception, until I realized that in my rushing around, I forgot to eat lunch. Today I steadfastly ignored a tray full of yummy-looking pastries for several hours during a meeting. I had a berry smoothie for b'fast, went to Curves, had an apple and almonds for morning snack, a salad w/seafood for lunch, and a protein bar for dinner. I'll have roast pork and veggies for dinner.

Carol--I've never been to Toronto, but I would like to go someday. It sounds like you are doing well! It's great to see that you're gettin' in the groove of the river walks.

Kim, gimme five for making good choices I have a hard time ignoring fries once they are within smelling distance.

Tired--Re the exercise and hunger, the fitness magazines say to have a small snack (an apple or a piece of cheese) 30-45 minutes before exercising and a small snack afterwards, and plenty of extra water. I tend to get ravenous when I first start a new workout program, but after a few weeks my body adjusts to the new routine and the hunger pangs subside. It's kinda funny to see women leaving the Curves gym and eating as they walk down the street, or heading right to Chipotle!

Roll, it must be so hard to do that 'dance' with your kids! I think you are wise to be conscious of balancing protecting them while beginning to let go. My parents kept a tight rein on me, so when I went off to college I was naive and immature--in short, I went buck wild! I had no practice in making social decisions, and by the time I figured out how to handle myself, I'd partied through a couple of expensive years at a private school....

see you all tomorrow!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:50 AM   #848  
fIREFLY

Goodmorning everyone,
I am up and trying to decide if I should go to the gym this a.m. or go for a walk around the lake after work. Oh its going to 65 here and sunny I guess walking outside makes sense for today. That way I won't have to rush around this morning and i am going to end my day near the lake area after my last client. If I do both lakes it is 4.0 miles but the one lake has less folks and by myself I just feel a bit funny going so I guess it will be just 2.5 miles today.
Your all doing so well keep up the good work. Spring is here and Judy isn't it great going into the closet and having clothes fit a bit better? I have only pulled out a few spring clothes but so far so good! I can surely feel the difference. Judy that is good advice on snacking before exercise by 1/2 hr. or so. Maybe that will help me too! I kind of read something similar and did it for a while with calcium after exercise. The info. was calcium would build more muscle which in turn raises your metabolism level. Tired remember before you used to pack up some goodies for work to keep on hand for when you wanted a snack. I picked that up from you and keep some stuff in a drawer. I have granola bars at 110 cal. some bulk dried seeds etc., nuts. When the coworkers are munching other stuff it helps if I have something stored away for me.
Stressful times are hard and down times thats when I get in trouble. If I can keep busy with my hands quilting, knitting, reading I snack less. Recently if I catch myself early on I redirect myself to another area of the house where no snacks are around. Crazy but it works. I need to keep focused on going forward too! This week is my grandsons first commuinion. I am hosting it as my house is layed out with an open kitchen livingroom and fits more folks in one area. I am going to order a cake an Italian pastries now that will be a hard one to stay away from. So I guess I will do some extra exercise after the get together that day! Balance is the name of the game! Rollmdl I think the advice Judy gave is smart with raising kids. Sounds like you have a good handle on things so far keep up the good work.
Intake plans: 1/2 bagel w/ lt. c.c., cereal w/ splash of milk, coffee
cantalope
salad w/ almonds, croutons few, blk olives , 1 baked sweet pot./ marm.
apple before my walk
grilled burgers on a 1/2 jalopeno roll w/ onion/ veggies
jello sugar free / cantalope
Old 04-26-2005, 08:00 PM   #849  

Hi all. Judy, you're eating such a great diet. Congrats on meeting your 1/3 goal and loosing two lbs. I can tell you have the resolve. You will get there.

Carol - you're making so many positive changes. I need to make some of the same ones.

I know your resolve, Carol and Judy, will rub off soon. I'm still fighting to get back on the horse - but I will get there. The positives today were that I skipped the cheese cake in the teachers' lounge, I drank lots of water and I rode my bike to and from school (not far, but better than nothing). I also had a delicious yogurt smoothie with fresh strawberries, banana and nonfat yogurt.

The downside was that I worked late, became ravenous (no healthy snacks available) and dived into some despicable sandwiches that were lying around. I need to make a run to Trader Joes and stock up on healthy alternatives. Basically I have to get on a more positive routine and I feel the energy for this emerging.

Keep telling me all your success stories - I love to hear them and I'm gaining (I mean loosing) from your motivation. Take care and have a nice night.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:59 PM   #850  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Smile

Exercise - went to Curves for 30 minutes
Foods given up - the rest of the starbursts and the rest of my coke!
Calorie intake (so far) - a meager 362 calories. I need to eat!!! There's nothing here!!!

Today I feel rejuvenated, and motivated. I really feel like I can lose this weight. Or maybe that's the woozy feeling from not eating. I didn't do it on purpose, my dad just needs to go shopping tonight
lateralus98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:00 AM   #851  
fIREFLY

Welcome Lateralus98! A trip to China sounds like a lot of fun. Smart move on making sure you eat skipping meals isn't a good thing for anyone because you lose muscle wt. not fat. Keep up the good work and exercise is so important when trying to lose.
Tiredoffat you will get there it takes time to get into the swing of things. I do feel good now but boy it took me a long time to get in the right mood. Now that I am there I hope to never turn back. Because if nothing else I feel so much healthier. The girls at work got into my drawer of healthy snacks. They say their going to replace them. I don't really mind so much but when I go to get something there better be a snack for me. I try and bring in stuff to leave so when they eat other stuff I have a choice. Good for you skipping the cheese cake, the sandwich was better than that would of been give yourself some credit. Rollmdl had a open face tuna the other day. I am going to try that for lunch today. I love having variety it keeps you going in the right direction. I did make it to the lake yesterday and did 2.5 miles I think it maybe a little more than that. Because I was really going strong and it took me 40 min. gardening after dinner. On thurs. I will go to the gym. I need to get there at least 2 or 3 times even with the lake stuff. My trip is coming up soon and I can't wait to go away and have some fun with the girls. I won't be counting many calories and will have a few drinks. But on a good note there is a lot of walking involved, indoor pool and workout center. I will make use of them. This weekend is busy with a bridal shower, communion party. So I am preplanning a bit of extra exercise, and watching my cals. Judy and Rollmdl hope your having a good week.
Intake: 2 poached eggs, 1 slice rye toast dry, potatoes = 350 cal. , coffee and water
open faced tuna on a 1/2 bagel w/ mozz melted on, yogurt 350
dinner= meatloaf, asparagus, beets and a salad
snack= cantalope slices
Old 04-28-2005, 06:28 AM   #852  
fIREFLY

Today I am going to go walking if it doesn't rain. I plan on going to the gym on friday morning. Yesterday I gave in to the devil a bit! Instead of meatloaf I made goulash and bought warm Italian bread. We needless to say the bread part I over did. As far as the other I had a normal portion. I hope to be making some better choices today. I am going to think before I eat! Otherwise it was a pretty good day.
Hope everyone is doing well. I planted my first flower for the year on Tues. it felt good to get out there in the yard. I have very large flower beds. I started off doing little ones and got carried away. But it is pretty if I can only keep up. So I put in a purple/blue rose bush.
Increase water intake again today. I am trying to drink around 80 oz. at least
Intake: banana, coffee, cereal w/ milk
Snack: yogurt
Lunch; 1/2 of an orange pepper filled w/ tuna, side salad w/ cheese, croutons, almonds
Dinner: grilled chicken, blue cheese, celery, salad w/ wing sauce dressing
cantalope slices.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:37 AM   #853  
mom5kidz

I'm here, physically, but mentally I'm not - I don't feel well - I have a sore throat, my ears are hurting and ringing - and I can't quit coughing - I'm going to crawl back into bed and get some sleep
kclay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:12 PM   #854  

Hi all. KClay sorry to hear you're sick. Take care of yourself. Getting rest is the right thing to do.

Carol, I'm sure you'll get right back on track as you always do. The damage was certainly not too bad. You kept the meal portion accurate and just ate a bit more bread. You're doing so so well. Gardening is a great past time. In the past I've really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Interesting eating day. I had three good meals before 3 including a bowl of cereal, bagel w/cc and tuna sandwich. When I got home during my "want to eat everything in site" time I wasn't even hungry. Maybe I need to eat a bit more during the day so I'm not so ravenous during my most trying time of the day. I'm always trying to find ways to improve that time of day. The morning through the school day I'm fine. It's after school when I'm craving "me" time that I really want to dig in. Off to a my son's ball game tonight. Two days down and two to go until my husband gets home. I really need him around here with a house full of boys.

Thanks for being here.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:54 PM   #855  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hi, Lateralus98! I go to Curves, too. What do you think of it?

Kim, I hope you're feeling better I'm struggling a bit with allergies, but you sound like you've got something nastier going on. Get some rest!

Tired, was that the sound of a light bulb being switched on? Your post is actually a great example of why we're supposed to log our eating, and how we're feeling. Good for you!

Carol, you sound like you're really doing great. How will you keep up the momentum over a busy social weekend?

I had my river walk this morning instead of in the evening, and it was really great. I had a peach smoothie for b'fast, almonds for a snack, salad w.tuna and a cup of beef-mushroom soup for lunch, and a protein bar for afternoon snack. I also had baby shower cake this afternoon No evening snack for me, just a Lean Cuisine chicken and something for dinner.

Going to NYC tomorrow. I'll check in on Sunday.

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote