S/C/G: 231/Ticker/160

Height: 5"5"

It should say 8 lbs lost!
Fab50TX
Old 11-11-2007, 08:51 AM   #138  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

My guess TEX (although I'm not even using the products yet, so hopefully someone else will be able to comment soon) is that Medifast is pretty high in fibre (very much Soy based) and that's what is causing the gas -- if that's the case -- the problem will probably pass soon (all puns intended ) once your system gets used to the extra fibre.

Hope you all have a great OP day . . .
Old 11-11-2007, 10:15 AM   #139  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!
Thanks ms Texas for the support! I haven't be plagued by the toots, thankfully! Although I recall one horrible moment when on of my cats was sitting on my husband's lap while watching tv, and my dear hubby let one rip, and the cat lifted his head, sniffed around, and BEAT IT! Hahahaha! It was one of the funniest things...I'm so juvenile.
No help with the gas. BUT I HAVE read that a really good solution is to add 5 drops of BEANO to everything you are eating. Apparently, this deflates the problem (hahahaha!).
Aahhhh, good times......
Anyways, way to go for everyone recording weight loss or OTHER successes on this thread! I must be old, because I read every post but forget the actual names of the posters! So I wind up posting, re-reading, editing my post, re-reading, editing my post, ad nauseum!
Ms Cam-- welcome! I wish we had warm weather like there is in your part of the country -- I woke up today and the creek out back had a thin coat of ice on it! My cats for some reason like to walk on it, so I am just waiting for the day when I have to take a dip in the creek in January to rescue one of them! You will get your Medifast soon, that's for sure, even if it IS an international delivery (hahahahaha!).
mcz, way to go on the initial loss! I'm glad you see that there is some water weight and glycogen in there. I don't know HOW the biggest loser guys get high single digets/low double digets every week. I suspect it has to do with being in a monitored situation, where your calories and exercise are strictly enforced. I'm SO not prepared to do something like that!
Ms Meowee!! Good morning! Is your avatar a photo of your cat? What a pretty girl she is, too. I have a tortie and a calico and two black and whites. I have noticed that the BOY is definitiely a BOY, with GUY characteristics -- he scratches himself inappropriately, he is noisy, he burps a heck of a lot, he walks like a guy -- I think this is because of his WHY chromosome! Hahaha!
Anyways, BACK to the Medifast adventure:
Today is day 11. I must confess that day 10 was tough. I seem to be having headaches when I wake up, so I have been taking Motrin almost every morning. I don't know if this is diet related or whether it is because my coffee (one Timmies, extralarge, one milk) intake is irregular. No gas yet, and my fiber intake seems to be OK. I have found that for some strange reason, I get leg cramps at night. This is a bit of a concern to me, because one area to be careful of when drinking alot of water is to avoid "overdosing". Too much water at one time can throw your electrolytes off, especially potassium. SO, after a couple of restless nights, I decided to take a multivitamin before bed (has potassium and other essential minerals in it) and spread my water out more evenly during the day without drinking at night. Seems to have done the trick, as I had a peaceful night last night! I know that the Medifast diet is nutritionally balanced, and taking a multivitamin may be unrelated to feeling better, BUT if it works and does no harm...
I'll post more later today or tomorrow about week 2! I see one of my cats is perilously close to the creek - gotta dash!
Maya

Last edited by freiamaya; 11-11-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:12 AM   #140  
Onward and Downward

Yes . . . that is PURRECIOUS . . . she is one of six . . . didn't I tell you guys about my cats yet? Maybe not -- I wander around to so many places on 3FC.

Okay . . .

JAZZ . . . a black male shorthair age 14, 9.5 pounds and has diabetes.
MOUSE . . . all grey male, very long hair, 15 pounds (but not fat) and age 12.
PURRECIOUS . . . dilute calico (female, obviously), short hair, 11 pounds (she is fat), 2 years old
FRICK and FRACK . . . purebred Bengal prima-donnas (female), age 8 months, Frick is about 8 pounds, Frack about 6 pounds -- they had a brother named Freckle until just recently (he lost a fight with a plastic bag, bless his little heart, and has now gone to that 'better place')
BLIZZARD . . . white, shorthair, 7.5 pounds, about 11 months old (I think); new addition just this past week. He's going for his little "oppy" on Wednesday.

First picture is Mouse and Blizzard; Second (reading from bottom to top) is Frick, Frack, Freckle; Third is Jazz.

I'll be looking forward to seeing some "zoo pictures" from the rest of you . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mouse & Blizzard.jpg (33.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Frick,Frack,Freckle.jpg (42.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg JAZZ1.jpg (31.6 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by meowee; 11-11-2007 at 11:39 AM. Reason: added pictures
Old 11-11-2007, 11:39 AM   #141  

Would love to hear about your kitties, I have 4.
3 of them right now are chasing a lizard on the outside of the window, and they are inside, really cute! I wish I knew how to put a pic on here to show you but it is probably not allowed.
Have a great day, all
FAB50TX
Old 11-11-2007, 11:49 AM   #142  
Onward and Downward

It is allowed TEX (BTW, I am a Moderator here on 3FC, you can tell because my name is in green -- in case you come across more of us from time to time). If you post pictures or links that are NOT allowed, trust me, we will remove them and likely tell you why.

To add pictures . . .

When you reply to a post, use the "Go Advanced" button instead of "Quick Reply. That takes you to a new page with lots of extra options. Scroll down below the box you type in and one of the things you will see is a little box for "manage attachments". Click on that and you should be in business. If you get into problems, give me a shout and I'll try to help you.

Will be looking forward to seeing the menagerie . . . Oh BTW, I was going to tell you how to fix your siggie, too, but I see you've got it to 6 pounds now . . . No place to go but further east with that ticker, Chickie.

Last edited by meowee; 11-11-2007 at 11:55 AM. Reason: typing errors
Old 11-11-2007, 11:59 AM   #143  
Onward and Downward

Oh MAYA . . . that story about hour DH was hilarious . . . I've been known to sneeze loudly enough to make my cats scatter . . .
Old 11-11-2007, 09:06 PM   #144  
carol

S/C/G: 230/144/145

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Thanks for the "welcomes."
According to UPS my precious cargo should arrive on Thursday. I am going to wait until Sunday to start, though. (I'm a bit compulsive and it seems so wrong not to start on the first day of the week )
I am psyched to start a brand new diet the week of Thanksgiving. Feels very powerful. Health and hope are something to be thankful for. This sounds like the appropriate way to celebrate the holiday for a change.
Have a great week everyone!

Carol
Old 11-12-2007, 01:06 AM   #145  

Height: 5'5"

Meowee, I am a recovering animal rescuer. I used to do rescue work for cats, dogs, and rabbits. I'm now down to "only" two dogs and two cats, geriatric animals left over from our animal rescue days. Your cats are beautiful.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #146  

Thank you Meowee,
My DH built a little shelf about 8 inches high just under the front window of our house, and the cats love to sit there. (even the dog does too upon occasion). continuing source of entertainment for us. This day there was a flock of birds outside the window.
Do I have to add the ticker manually every time I post?
I haven't figured out how to make it come on automatically yet.
How do I put a picture on the left side, like Precious.
Thanks,
FAB50TX
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 015.jpg (26.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 11-12-2007, 08:46 AM   #147  

Meowee,
Tell us how you take care of a cat with diabetes.
I am really curious.
Fab50TX

Last edited by Fabulous50Texas; 11-12-2007 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Ticker didn't work
Old 11-12-2007, 09:33 AM   #148  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning Medifasters . . .

We have a little 'white dust' on the ground this morning . . . and I fear it could turn into more. Apparently Halifax (two hours away) got 8 inches of 'white' overnight.

SLENDER . . . you are to be for all those rescues . . . don't know how you could ever part with any of them, though.

CAROL . . . hope it gets there on time . . . BTW, what is the picture in your avatar? I'm just not 'seeing' it.

TEX . . .

(a) . . . love the cats . . . the hairy one looks a little like a thinner version of my Mouse.

(b) . . . Ticker question . . . after you create your ticker, what are you doing with it? You need to highlight the code in the first box; do a 'copy' with your editor's "edit" function; go to the top of the page and click User CP again; then click Edit Signature; then do a paste into the signature box and then -- I think this may be the part your missed -- scroll down to under the box you just pasted into and click on "Save Signature". It should stay there until you need to change it to a lower number.

(c) . . . Avatar question . . . got to User CP again; then click on Edit Avatar (in the same grouping as edit signature) . . . there are quite a few predefined avatars you can choose -- see the little drop down list at the top of the selection of Christmasy ones -- if you want a custom one, scroll down a little and you will find instructions on how to add one. Don't forget to click the box called "save changes" shen you are finished.

(d) . . . Diabetic Cat question . . . he gets an insulin shot twice a day. Currently he gets between 4 and 5 units for each shot and I inject him in the scruff of the neck. Insulin syringes are very fine and he honestly doesn't mind the shot. What he does mind his having his blood glucose level checked (using that prominent vein in his ear). But, hey, I know from personal experience that the testing lancets hurt way more than the insulin syringes. Anyway, I just can't do that to him myself (I'm a wuzz), so once every few months I take him to the vet for the day and they do a glucose curve (test his BGL every hour for a total of 8 times with a measured meal at the mid-point) I know he doesn't like it a lot, but he is a very easy going and tolerant little guy.

Hope everybody has a great OP day . . . See you later . . .
Old 11-12-2007, 10:39 AM   #149  
carol

S/C/G: 230/144/145

Height: 5'4"

Arrow

My avatar: well, it's an inverted b/w (hmm--w/b, i guess, then) photo of my hand on my trumpet (no charming fluffy cats here, just allergies). I guess it's a bit small and cryptic. Perhaps I'll work on a change...

Weather: It was 83 and beautiful here yesterday--went roller blading in the park. Don't get too jealous, though, ladies. That was probably 1 of the 5 great days we get all year. The rest of the time it's crazy hot and humid or raining/flooding. Although in Houston, I have heard it said that "it's not so much the heat as the stupidity." That's probably referring to the traffic...
Happy Monday!

Carol
Old 11-12-2007, 10:41 AM   #150  
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

freiamaya,

Thanks. I went off the diet yesterday. I just had to have a "free" day. I feel like sh$t. Actually, I did right after I ate my first regular meal yesterday. BUT, I am back on target today. My eyes are on the prize, lol.
Closed Thread