Old 09-05-2006, 02:23 PM   #91  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Jenni - congrats...You're probably one of the few brave ones to go weigh today! I'll head out tomorrow.

Well, our Katie (Repo Girl) hasn't posted since 8/29, but you can get your Katie (Couric) fix tonight on the NBC news (it's on at 6:30 PM here in Atlanta). I plan to watch cause I just think she's a phenomenal lady!

Deb - thanks for the newsletter tip. I had to chuckle when I read your piece about taking the clothes to Salvation Army/Goodwill and the money you spent. Fergetaboutit. I have thought like that myself and then I've said - hey, while you are boo-hooing about the money spent and now here you are dropping those things off, why don't you go inside and buy a few things in a smaller size? Can't beat the price. I have actually found some great items when I take the time to actually look. The funny thing is that I run back to my car and pour on the hand sanitizer. I'm such a snob at times.

Heather - congrats and best of luck on the new job. See what confidence and steps we take when we have a healthier lifestyle!!??

Shannon - you've got the right attitude!! Congrats for getting back on track so quickly. Now how many other weight loss programs have we all been on and once we cheated, we continued to try to cheat the system. For me, it was every one. LAWL is the first program I can honestly say where I put myself back on track within 24 hours. wonder why that is? Maybe because it's pretty easy to follow and nutritionally satisfying.

Lori - thanks for keeping us informed of your whereabouts....I'd miss your avatar and pics if you stayed away too long. Sounds like you need to glean the recipe thread for some variety. I just had Cassi's yummy tuna recipe......So good, I'll probably repeat it for dinner!

Carol - good luck at WI tonight. A new Triple Boxing center is opening right near my house. I'm pondering joining just to have some workout variety.

Pearl - post away on those recipes! I think egg beaters and marinade sounds good. I'm one of those "people' that puts a dab of catsup (or ketchup) on my scrambled eggs....yum yum yum. I know it grosses out some people, but I love it. Oddly enough, I don't really put catsup (or ketchup) on anything else. My DH however, gets most of his veggie servings via catsup (or ketchup).....

Back to work...yuck.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:30 PM   #92  
FBD/8-18-08

Lisa - I hope that's right! I took the pork (and the chicken breast) and put them in separate ziplock bags and poured just enough to coat a little. Maybe 3 Tablespoons each. Then I (excuse the expression) massaged them to get the marinade worked in and just to test Mrs. Dash, I let them sit 10 minutes as they said. Then I removed them from the bag and baked the pork loins and George Forman'd the chicken as it was POURING rain outside!
We tried the Mrs. Dash Chipotle Marinade and hated it. It was REALLY orange-ee flavored and neither of us liked it. The Mesquite is apple juice based, and we both LOVED it! I'll be buying many more in weeks to come. By the way, I got a $2 coupon off the net for one. Made it .50! Woo Hoo!
I also did some chicken breast with the Mrs. Dash tomato and basil dry seasoning to use in chicken parmesian later this week. I'll let you know about those when I use them.
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #93  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

I have to try this Marinade. What aisle is it in at your local grocery stores? Near the salad dressings?
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:42 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 243/238/160

Height: 5'10

Hey guys, sorry I was not on this weekend, lots of stuff going on but I got on and read some of you posts. Congrats on all of the losses and sorry for some of the gains but all of you seem to be back on track as I am trying to be. I had a cookout and there was a WHOLE table of sweets. I was so proud I didn't eat any but had to go smell the sweetness! I fudged though some and have had a two pound weight gain. I am going to weigh in tomorrow so lemon water will do the trick? Any other suggestions to get the weight off fast?
butterfli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:48 PM   #95  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

where is everyone? I am just popping in between a baseball game, football practice and school orientation night.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:08 PM   #96  
FBD/8-18-08

Evette - the marinades seem to be on the aisle with BBQ sauce and around ketsup. I tried to find them on the spice aisle, and they do have rubs there, but not the marinades. Let me know what you think!

Butterfli - Good going on that sweets table! Try the lemon water. It seems to help and it can't hurt?! You may actually be down the 2 lbs by tomorrow.

Lisa - I've been wondering the same thing, but I'm here...

I'm putting some new recipes out, not all of them, but a few. I haven't heard from Aphil, so I'll just keep doing it the way I have been.
Blessings,
Old 09-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #97  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Hey girlies
Anyone have a chicken soup recipe that would fit on plan? I have the LAWL cookbook, but all it has in it is for Chicken stock. I want a recipe that includes the meat and maybe a few noodles (even if it's wheat noodles).
I've never even looked at the recipe thread... lol maybe I should've started there!

Ds and DD are at their dad's tonight, but they called to tell me goodnight and have me say their prayers with them. Anyway, DS said he was the only one who showed up to school in his PE uniform instead of the regular one.... He has PE on Monday and Friday and goofy mommy forgot today was Tuesday. But poor DS said, "I'm sorry I forgot mommy!" And I was like, "It was sooo mommy's fault!" ANd he said, "I should've reminded you". Anyway I laughed and said, "Boy we sure are two goofy people huh?" and he laughed and said, "yeah, everybody laughed" (He was the ONLY one who wore the wrong thing). And I just laughed and said, "well, we're goofy but that's why people love us!"

He agreed. I love that boy! He is only 8 but his mind is so crystal clear and observant about things.... If I believed in reincarnation, I would say he was an old soul... but I don't so maybe I'll just say God blessed him with wisdom?

Hugs and goodnight,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #98  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Hi all--just got home--I hate days when we are gone ALL day--ready for bed already--I can't compalin too much--an hour of the day was in massage and it was wonderful!!

Sounds like everyone is having a pretty good day. POP for me--still need 2 veggies and I hate eating anything this late so it might have to be V-8.

HeatherPP--okay--so what are you going to be doing at the new job? Still web design? Working stinks!! It sure has cut into ALL our chatting time--LOL.

Have a great rest of the night--I am wiped out!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:22 PM   #99  
FBD/8-18-08

Jenni - Chicken soup with pasta is SO easy! I use bone in chicken breast (no skin) and boil it in water with pepper, lite salt, celery and onion. Then I take out the chicken breast and let it cool so I can handle it. Then strain your broth and get the "old" veggies out.
NOTE: If you don't want to make your own stock, you can use LS chicken broth.
Now you want to put in whatever type of veggies you like. I use sliced carrots, celery, diced onion, you can add in any type of veggies! Broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, whatever. Next you take the chicken breast off the bone and dice it up and throw it in the pan too. Try and make all the veggies about the same size so it all cooks the same amount of time. LAST, you want to add the pasta and boil (according to package direction) to al dente. At the end you might want to add some parsley, sage, rosemary, or thyme. Dried or fresh chopped. (I use ground dried spices, hardly ever whole) I chop the fresh ones.
Voila - you have chicken/pasta soup!
Hope this helps!
And I did post another chicken soup recipe last week.
Glad to hear you're doing so well!
Hugs,
Old 09-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #100  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey chickies-
I dropped off 17 boxes of clothes and a few boxes of old craft stuff to salvation army. So now I am stuck with losing weight!!!

I did go WI after I did the drop off and I am down another 2.2 lbs. from last Wed.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 243/238/160

Height: 5'10

Anybody know how to count vegetable soup made with fresh tomatoes?
butterfli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:02 AM   #102  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Deb--congrats--on both the weightloss and the decluttering! I got rid of EVERYTHING that was too big--my closet is pretty bare but it is a daily reminder I cannot afford (literally) to gain it back--I'd rather spend good money on the smaller stuff!!

Pearl--the soup sounds good! I am fighting a cold--can you come fix me some???

I was down a little from the weekend--I held the 160 for a few days before the holiday weekend and would love to WI at that on Saturday--we'll see. Just another reason for me to pass on the pizza, cookie and popcorn at the sleepover on Friday (what was I thinking?!?--7 girls total!! yikes.)
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:03 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning chickies!

It's taken me a few days to catch up to everyone's posts, and there has been WAY too much going on to do personals to everyone, but here are a few:

Jenni - I am so sorry to hear that your heart is broken. I hope you are doing o.k., and know that with time, it will get better. You will find the right one when you are ready (and probably least expecting it). In the meantime, you can know that you will get your revenge on ex-DF by living well. You will find love and happiness, but he will still be wallowing in those destructive feelings and holding grudges. That is what helped me through my divorce, and it has held true.

Shannon - My heart goes out to your family for your loss. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

HeatherPP - So glad to see you post, and so glad to see you got a new job. Good luck, girl! I hope it's everything you want.

Deb - Congrats on the WL, and for having the courage to get rid of your "fat clothes". Love the new avatar.

Joni - Glad to see you're doing well in the WL dept. too!

Pearl - What can I say... I just love reading your motivational posts throughout the day!

Sherry - Love the new avatar, also.

As for me, I definitely celebrated the weekend. I did TO Monday and Tuesday, and according to my scale I am down 5.6 from my Monday morning weight (which is higher than the COD weight because of Sunday's festivities). I go to WI today at noon, and am hoping for a nice loss, not just of the gain from Saturday, but I am hoping to be down lower than that.

To all of you newbies - WELCOME!

Lea Ann, Sznn, Lisa, Sommer, Evette, and anyone else I am missing, GOOD MORNING, AND HAVE A POP DAY!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:18 AM   #104  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

morning everyone not much to say today. I've had a sinus infection and ear infection and 101 degree temps for the last couple of days. I'm at work today but I'm pretty sluggish. I haven't been eating much so the diet has fallen by the way side for the time being. I'm on antibiotics and decongestants and sleep and juice. I'm ready to go home and crawl back into bed.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Sommer - Feel better soon - we need your wise words around here!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote