Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-12-2020, 11:54 AM   #91  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Teri Gardening is too much work. LOL

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1450 +
Weigh In: 188.4
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 12

Philemon 1:4-6
I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers, That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Thomas was a great help with members of the group. He had lost so much weight, on more than one occasion, so he knew what it was like to triumph as well as to fall back into failure. He had rallied, though, and beaten his weight problem again. He was living proof that it could be done, and that it wasn't hopeless when temptation got the better of a person. He shared his story with many people, and he helped them through some hard struggles. He was a faithful man, and his faith shone through. God had called Thomas to a very special ministry, and he answered that call in a very special way.

Today's thought: I may fall back time and again, but I'm heading in the right direction!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:25 PM   #92  

Good afternoon! Just had lunch. See another doctor in the same group in a few weeks. He’s going to run some tests tomorrow see how the eye did. 😁❤️
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:02 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 281/191.1/185

Height: 5' 11"

Rachel - I had hip replacement surgery in 2017 and so glad to have it. Beforehand, I was in terrible pain walking like Fred Sanford. There was pretty much no cartilage in the joint area so it was bone hitting the bone. Surgery was early in the morning and I was in a bed by AM and out of the hospital in 2 days. No physical therapy was required, just gradual walking with crutches and then a cane. I was out 3 weeks and back at work full time in 5 weeks. I don’t feel any pain now. I used to be a long distance runner, but the hip replacement will not allow me to do that. if surgery is not an option, You can get steroid or silicone shots to ease the pain but is really a band aid. Hip replacement surgery is a fairly standard operation these days.

Did weights today and feeling the burn.
Usc4valpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 03:11 PM   #94  

Good evening! Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.😁❤️
Old 11-12-2020, 09:21 PM   #95  
Trying to live below 200

Have you noticed that we are getting a lot of trolls (not sure the proper term)? I'm not sure the reason for this. Maybe it's because a lot of people are working from home and have nothing better to do.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:27 PM   #96  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1500 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (500 Calories)
I had to go out to get DH's prescription today. While I was out I forgot that I hadn't eaten lunch and was getting hungry. I bought 2 bags of single serve nuts to eat. One wasn't enough. Calories too high but a better choice than other options. Sunflower seeds 250 calories
deluxe mixed nuts 250 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
curry seasoned chicken 300 calories
yellow rice 200 calories
pole beans (Italian green beans) 100 calories

Exercise:
Keoni Tamayo Walking Workout 8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnesVLnvHpM
Yoga Poses for Better Balance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4J7pfLAeMo
Active Stretches to Improve Balance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HncKaIbsbso

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 11-12-2020, 09:51 PM   #97  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good eve to all
Well I am going to moan and groan so skip this post if you like, really....
New job is really a source of frustration. It is not even two weeks since I started. This is an entirely new industry, new terminology and no written instruction to refer back to. Making notes has resulted in a frown and why? You need a solid base to be able to adapt to questions via phone and I am given one direction...only to be told that was incorrect on the next call. Then told if you don't know the answer, take a message (which I did) to be told 'we covered this already'. there is no manuel written out to refer to....a check sheet is all I have and no explanation of the process, it has has it been done but now how you got there?...
example: pull paper work...this is on my check sheet. Which paperwork? How many pages should that be? who gets it and where does it go?...there is not direction and if I want to take notes I get a 'look' like what is wrong with you that you could not grasp this? The people are really nice but the owner is frustrated with me that I am not learning faster...I feel like such a loser and I am a fast learner if it is explained to me and why we do things this way....ok rant over

In frustration this even I am having two glasses of wine and no dinner

still within my points!!! LOL mood is better sorry for the cranky's.....this is not how I pictured my work today

Terri and Rachel skp this part

OH OH OH
today I my way in to work....I saw this really large bird on the road in front of me...I though since it was 'dark' colored it must be a Raven because of it's size. As I drove closer it tried to fly upwards then I realized it was a bald eagle that had just dropped a kitten and flew off...it was a wow moment. He/She was large and full eagle coloring (brown with a white head) and the dark was the black and white kitten. I could not tell as I drove past if the kitten was dead or just stunned but it could not have been more than a few weeks old. I could not stop to check on the kitten. It was sad yet very majestic

nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 10:17 PM   #98  
Trying to live below 200

Nancy Hang in there. Maybe when you get it figured out, you can do a manual for the position. I bet the boss would be appreciative. Maybe that would be a lot of extra work, I don't know. To me it sounds like you would be good at doing that sort of thing.
Old 11-13-2020, 05:07 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default good morning

Nancy, I feel so very frustrated for you with this new job . It is sounding so very difficult. Awful, really. I'm praying for wisdom and guidance for you concerning this.

Diana, very interesting input about the two ladies having had hip surgery who are kind of at opposite ends of the spectrum. I guess I would be in between on that spectrum.

Usc4valpo, thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts on hip surgery. I'm thinking you and I are the same age? I'm 58. I think one of the biggest concerns right now is my downward trend in exercise: treadmill and weight lifting seem to aggravate it so much. I NEED to have some type of exercise program, especially at my age (bone density issues, maintaining my weight, just general overall health). Plus my hip locks up unexpectantly and even gives out at times. So, anyway, thanks for listening! I may be asking your advice and input as time moves forward. We'll see what ortho doc says and go from there.

Yesterday I took in 1580 calories.

Today's Plan: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, situps.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 05:31 AM   #100  

Good morning! Have to agree about getting lots of trolls here. Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 😁❤️
Old 11-13-2020, 06:49 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 281/191.1/185

Height: 5' 11"

Rachel - I am 58 and had the surgery when I was 55. Yep, I would feel those joint lock ups and they are painful. It felt worse in the winter when walking outside. I tried physical therapy, silicone injection to the joint - no success. Recovery actually was not bad. It will be interesting hearing what your doctor has to say, but I relate that the pain can prohibit you from physical activity.
Usc4valpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 08:36 AM   #102  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
Weigh In: 188
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 13

1 Peter 1:8-9
Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Stephanie always had a picture of what she would look like in the back of her mind. She used to dream of how she would look once she lost weight. It was hard to imagine, but she did it anyway. That dream gave her motivation. Though she didn't really know what she'd look like, her imagination kept her on the right path. Faith means acting on what we believe, even when we can't actually see the object of our faith. Faith in God teaches us how to put faith in action. When we are motivated by what we do not yet see, we find strength and joy in the living of our lives.

Today's thought: In my mind I see a whole new me!
Old 11-13-2020, 09:10 AM   #103  

Default November 2020

Good Morning!

Diana: Gardening is a job that keeps on demanding...It was easier when I worked out at the gym regularly. I had stronger muscles and more flexibility.

Jen: We have had a hot spell here. A lot of creeping bellflowers have popped up, so I did some spading again to try to get to the "root" of the problem... When I got tired, I sat in a plastic lawn chair. I wonder how many times /how many years it will take to solve this. A family member put down newspaper with dirt on top. It did help in one area.

Rachel: I have a cat on my chest right now and my other cat came and swatted me. I think he was aiming for my other cat's tail. Oh, now he is at the end of the lounge chair. How did your cats react when you came home?

Nancy: Hang in there. A manual sounds really smart. I wish I had had one for some of the jobs I had. I don't like when people act like you are stupid when you don't know stuff. There is always new things to learn. And every job site/boss has its own rules even if it is the same job. I hope you have more than one person you can go to to get answers. I read that people are much happier at work if they have a friend.

I walked last night. Diet is okay except for sundae and pizza. I ate a small chicken wrap with lots of veggies late last night.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 04:38 PM   #104  

Good evening! 2 miles Leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning, Power walked and ran errands before I punched in. Will power walk to supper tonight.😁❤️
Old 11-13-2020, 04:56 PM   #105  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon chickies
Well the new job has ended and I have to say I am relieved. I won't go into the details but lets say it was mutual. I have never had anyone talk to me at a new position as I was these past few days. Sour face made when I want to make my own notes, being told 'we went over this once already don't you remember?' So I am going to take some time off and concentrate on ME. Financially I don't really need to work as long as I don't get crazy LOL. I will start to look for work after the holidays. I am now thinking I only want a part time job

No WI this am I was so out of sorts at the thought of going into the office I could not even concentrate.
No WO for the same reasons

On the positive side I am so looking forward to spending some time to just breath..These past few months have been a serious roller coaster.

ciecie how are your eyes today?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weight loss diet, weight loss tips