Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-24-2015, 12:59 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

B: scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, mango slices, coffee w/cream
L: smoothie with mango and vanilla yogurt, a few rosemary olive oil triscuits
D: two pieces Pollo Loco chicken, pinto beans, cole slaw, one flour tortilla
D: two squares chili dark chocolate, one See's butterscotch lollipop

E: 12 minutes abs, stretches

Hi Everybody! Hope you all had a good day today!

Minnie Hugs to you. Tomorrow will be better.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:58 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Well it took some major convincing and after standing in the field with him for 10 minutes he finally was pried off my leg and went out there and played some! I felt so bad for him. I understand the feeling of being shy...and how sometimes it can be hard to make friends but since when did 4 year olds care so much? Hopefully as the weeks pass it'll get easier...we will see!

OAN: I am down to 174.8 --- My 30 lbs mark!! I don't know if it's a fluke and it'll go back up to 175 tomorrow but for now I'm happy and I'll take it! Also TGIF -- It's the last day of VBS for the kids..I'm ready to get them back on their school schedule so it won't be so hard when the time comes! TTYL
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:01 AM   #288  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

Minnie I hope today is better.

I am so ready for a weekend, but it seems like the days are just flying by.

Last night I added on: Standing Poses Flowing & Traditional from Jane Adams Gentle Yoga
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1810 +
Weigh In: 175.8
Up: .6 <----I am up what I was down yesterday

Have a great day and start to your weekend!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:12 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 154/147/128

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi, just caught up with everyone.

Congrats of your amazing successes, Larry and MadeToThrive.

Contrary to my expectations, the scale still went down. It's not much, but I'll take it.

W : 145.8 lbs (- 0.2 lbs)

B : Poppy seed and sesame bread with peanut butter and homemade strawberry and rhubarb jam. 2 lattes
L : Two cob of corns
D : Portuguese spritz, chilled green pea soup, fire grilled shrimp with garlic and brandy, grilled quail, octopus Lagareiro, roasted vegetables, bread with olive oil and white wine. Those were petiscos (or Portuguese tapas) for two. Latte.
S : Almonds and beer.

I walked 2.5 km.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Matisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #290  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Hi everyone! Happy Friday!

Had a good day today, ate my full 44 propoints including a takeaway with which i made good choices So totalled 44/44 ProPoints and 1804 calories. I'm a little bit twitchy, anxiety here and there (did i calculate the points right? What if the database entry person made an error re the takeout?) but attempting to kick it's butt. In any case I probably won't eat all 44 points tomorrow but i'll come in as close as.

Hope you all have a lovely Friday!
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:02 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post

Larry Congrats on the 3 pounds! What does your family think about your weight loss?
Diana My family and friends are very supportive buy my DW is worrying about my fat intake. She think I will die of cardiac arrest in the next three minutes. I despite the medical evidence that fat is not the problem and despite my doctors being on board with my eating her mind is made up. She will just have to get used to it because I am committed to this plan.

Matisse Congrats on the loss. Any loss is good.

Nicholsfamily1987 Congrats on hitting 30 lbs

MsTibbles Thanks for the birthday wishes

It has been a challenge to find new and creative ways to increase my fat intake. I have been on low fat diets for so many years that I have had to totally change my thinking.

I tried something new for breakfast. Last night I cooked a hamburger steak and I saved the fat that was in the pan. I suppose it would be called unrendered beef tallow. I scrambled three eggs in the tallow and the eggs soaked all of it up. I must say they were some of the best tasting eggs that I ever had.

Now I am looking into using non hydrogenated lard in my cooking as well as beef tallow. This opens new possibilities.

Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #292  
Warrior Princess

Minnie: You're not alone I had a CRAP week!! One thing after another.

Diana: Don't sweat the watermelon I fell into a patty melt with fries last weekend. Fruit isn't nearly as bad.

Larry: I just don't know how you men do it so easily and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious. Congrats on a 1/2p per week...ONLY in my dreams.

So my car set me back 1k this month..no problem. I'll just pretend like it never happened.

I went to the gym last night and plan to go back tonight and tomorrow but PMS is kicking my butt. TOM is due today so...what else is new. I always have TOM.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:36 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

I slept in today and hid in my room while the fix-it-up guy came to our house to tell my housemate he plans on ripping out the upstairs carpet. We really need a new carpet up there, and it doesn't affect me at all since I live downstairs other than I now need to move the pole AGAIN. I'm thinking I'll just pack it up for the summer though and give it back to its owner. He's planning on putting it up in my college's dance studio though, so I'll be able to practice then. In the meantime, I still have a little bit more time with it and can do other ab training exercises when I no longer have it. I'll miss it though

Since I spent the past two days inside and overeating, I really needed to get out of the house. I biked to the pond and did about 2 hours total of walking on the trails. I learned two new flower species today, too. I found a nice sunny spot in a meadow to relax for a bit, but then remembered I had to call my mom before 2:30, so I biked home to do that. I went back a little bit later though for a 30 minute jog and a swim. All in all, it was at least 800 calories burned!

B: banana strawberry smoothie (250)
s: peanut butter crackers (450)
L: carrot/cucumber/lemon/apple juice (700)
s: almonds (800)
D: tempeh, veggies, salad, tahini sauce (1400)
s: banana + peanut butter (1800)

I'm also getting a scale this weekend, so I'll finally be able to see how much I'm losing (or not?). I'm going camping with my family tomorrow night though, so I have to figure out how that's going to be. I don't really want to go and know I would be so much more productive if I stayed home, but I feel obligated to go. Oye, family!
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:52 PM   #294  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Today was a much better day since I didn't have the watermelon to have wild fantasies about. I can only imagine getting full like that on pizza or even patty melts. Can you imagine how thirsty you would get? Been there, done that, right?

This will be a quick one for me.

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner 700 calories
Salad w/romaine, mixed greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, chick peas, feta cheese, grilled salmon w/Ranch and Blue chees BHF's dressing

Exercise:
TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves
Old 07-24-2015, 09:59 PM   #295  
Trying to live below 200

I know there are several of us in here who likes Bolthouse Farms dressings. I tried their blue cheese flavor in the past and was just OK with it. Not something I would use on a regular basis. I really like their ranch. In fact, I have had to use other Ranch dressings out but didn't like them because they are too heavy or something. BHF's tastes light and fresh to me. Another way to describe it is that the other dressings taste like they are made with a mayo and BHF's is yogurt. It can also be described as fresh like sour cream. Anyways, I really like homemade Blue cheese dressing, but not the regular store bought stuff. I decided to get the BHF's blue cheese again and mix it with the ranch. Now we're talking! I like that combo, too. Since it's stronger in flavor, a smaller amount goes farther for me.

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-24-2015 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:33 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

W: 187.4

B: steel cut oats w/butter and maple syrup, peach tea
L: chicken leg, a few triscuits
D: two slices pepperoni pizza, a big bowl of cherries

E: 12 minutes abs, stretches

I had two big jumps down on my scale this week. I hope I get to keep them!

I spent the day writing Latin exercises, getting ready for school. When I get started on a Latin project, I hyper-focus. As a result I ate poorly today, and I never got dressed all day. My pj's look like regular clothes, so people can't tell I'm not dressed, but I can tell, and I'm annoyed with myself. I think I'm done with my project. At least I am happy with it. I just have to write the answer key. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow, but I think I'll start my day by getting dressed.

Diana I do like the Bolthouse dressings. I haven't actually tried the blue cheese. I usually get Marie's. Marie's has more fat in it, but boy is it tasty. I may have to try your experiment mixing Ranch and Blue Cheese. Hmmm.

RetroRabbit Sounds like something I would do, hide in my room when the fix it guy comes to the house. It sounds like you had a lovely day. Have fun with your family camping trip.

novangel Sorry to hear about your car. Car problems are such a bummer. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Larry I would have no problem adding fat to my food. I would just put butter on everything. Like Julia Child says, "With enough butter, anything is good."

MsTibbles Sounds like you had a good day on WW. I'm sure you did fine.

Matisse Congrats on your loss. May your small losses add up to bigger losses.

Nicholsfamily My youngest was shy like that. She outgrew it eventually and now she's amazing. Sometimes the shy ones grow up to be the best leaders. Congrats on your 30 lb mark!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:21 AM   #297  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning and Happy Weekend, Everyone!

Last night I added on: PM Yoga with Patricia Walden
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 174.2
Down: 1.6 pounds

Have a wonderful day!
Old 07-25-2015, 11:37 AM   #298  

S/C/G: 154/147/128

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi everyone,

I am grateful to have this place. Yesterday was a low energy day. I have been sick since the beginning of May because of mould at the college where I teach. Although, I have been on vacation since June 18, because I was really sick when I left - my doctor would have put me on full disability - and because of seasonal allergies, I have not been able to fully heal. In fact, I was diagnosed last Sunday with a huge sinusitis (doctor's words).

Anyway, this was the first day I had been alone in a month and I was soooo tired. I facebooked and felt dumber after a while. Tried to find the energy to vacuum my room. Did not. Washed bedding.

This was not a good food day, but I did not binge, took my medication and rinsed my sinuses so I am happy.

B : 2 lattes, bread with cashew butter and Riopelle soft cheese.
S : Cauliflower with sesame and ginger hummus
L : Miso based soup with loads of fresh veggies, roasted tofu and rice vermicelli, beer, a few pieces of raspberry chocolate.
D : Doritos bag of nachos, Beausoleil oysters, hummus with garden carrots, white Belgian beer.
S : Pine nuts.

Weight is the same so woohoo. Gotta be kind to my intestines because the antibiotics and cauliflower are wreaking havoc. ;-) (Yes, I am taking probiotics.)

Congrats on your huge loss, Diana. See, watermelon is GOOD!
Magistra, do you teach Latin? I went to Catholic French school, so I had two years of Latin under my belt. It was my favourite subject. Every Friday, our teacher, a nun, would tell us stories from Roman (and Greek) mythology. It did wonders for my general culture.

I hope everyone has a good day. Running to the hairdresser. Sorry

Last edited by Matisse; 07-25-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Matisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:28 PM   #299  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I am proud of myself. We are going to a fishing tournament weigh in this evening. I don't usually get a workout in when we go to these things. I don't feel motivated to get ready, go to the shop, workout, come back and get ready to leave. Yesterday I decided to bring my weights and workout home. I don't like working out at home because we have carpeting where I would do my workout. The carpeting doesn't feel stable because of the mat underneath and the softness. So, I decided to give the workout a try and followed the modifier. I actually got a really good workout in, got my heart rate up and had a good sweat going. So, yay for me!

Check-In: KCM's Lean Body Circuits - combined workouts - w/15's

I will post my foods when we get back home tonight.

Matisse Feel better.

Waving Hi all around!
Old 07-25-2015, 10:03 PM   #300  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

It was a productive day but because of the rain I didn't get my training bike ride in. Tomorrow is supposed to rain too, but we'll see. I got bread made, pizza made, hubby roasted my veg and I woke the kids up this morning with my first time ever making cinnamon rolls. It was also my first time tasting a cinnamon roll. It was good! Lots if butter. lol

B egg on toast, coffee w milk
2nd breakfast cinnamon roll
L 15 bean soup
D pesto pizza and a gin and tonic.

It was a high cal day and a chocolate cream pie jumped into my grocery cart. I hope I can get that bike ride in! I was planning on doing the entire rail trail for the first time. It will be a four hour ride.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Last edited by CoolMom75; 07-26-2015 at 05:33 AM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote