Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-30-2015, 12:04 AM   #346  
Warrior Princess

Oh and it's definitely a full moon; we had a woman go bat sh*t crazy on a stylist today. I felt terrible but this woman only made herself look really bad in front of a lot of people. Huge pet peeve when people are mean to CS workers. I almost said something but thankfully the stylist handled it well and the witch stormed out before I had to get involved. Last time I diverted the attention onto myself to spare the victim it got really ugly. I just can't sit in silence when someone is being bullied. A customer complaint is one thing but there are rare occasions when a customer takes it waaaaayyy too far and begins to insult and belittle us, and that's when I lose my cool.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:52 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

W: 187.0

B: scrambled eggs w/grated cheese, sliced peaches, tchai tea
L: two slices swiss cheese, half a dozen rosemary triscuits, snap peas, handful of nuts and dried cranberries, artichoke hearts
D: two chicken strips from Vons w/honey mustard sauce, ambrosia salad
D: Ghirardelli's cherry dark chocolate and a lemon popsicle

E: 67 minutes, stretches, abs, arms, yoga

I had a super busy day today. I took my youngest to the DMV to get her learner's permit. There was a strange glitch. When she put her thumb on the machine to take her thumbprint, somebody else's name came up. So that caused a delay and we had to wait around for them to figure out what was going on and fix it. I was just glad they were able to fix it. I had all kinds of crazy things going through my mind and I had a hot flash while we were waiting. I have't had a hot flash for ages! What my anxiety can trigger. Fortunately I disguised my anxiety well and my daughter had no idea.

I fell asleep after dinner, woke up at midnight, did an hour of yoga and logged on to post this. I plan to sleep for another few hours and then get up at 6 to start my day again.

kelijpa Ahh, the dentist, that's another fear of mine. I think more people fear the dentist than any other doctor.

Syckgirl Those games do sound like fun. I think it's funny that they got rid of the Black Jack table that you liked. Hmmm . . .

Coolmom Your tour sounds heavenly. Are you going by yourself? That's brave!

ladyfat Anxiety can be a killer. I have a lot of trouble with that. It's hard to get my thoughts to stop looping around. I like this phrase: "Perfectionism, Procrastination, Paralysis." Sometimes a small effort can lead to more motivation. I got myself to do more exercise by just starting with a few minutes a day. I hope you can work it out for yourself. Good luck!

Flower What a lovely suggestion, hand over heart breathing. I will remember that. It's amazing how just doing breathing exercises helps produce endorphins thereby making us feel better. I have been eating peaches too. Aren't they wonderful?

RetroRabbit chocolate beet smoothie sounds wild! How is your foot? I hope it is better.

Nicholsfamily Yes, I do believe it is the heat. It does tire people out. Sometimes people forget to drink more water when it is hot and that can make them feel tired too. I love the start up of school. You are an awesome mom for getting your kids brand new first day outfits.

Diana Hope you have a lovely day!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:55 AM   #348  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb Total Body Stretch (seated)
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 172 (TTOM)
Down: .2

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:08 AM   #349  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning!

DH and I walked almost 4 miles last night and stopped at El Pollo Loco in the middle - I had the Power Bowl, which I love. (Chicken, black beans, broccoli

It's weird here this morning...muggy and it was raining!

B - TJs high fiber cereal and coconut milk
S - string cheese, cheez-its
L - mac and cheese w/grilled chicken (boxed, DH made last night when he got hungry again)
D - turkey or garden burger and maybe salad - I have school so it's gotta be quick!

Everyone have a great day!!!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:43 AM   #350  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Default Atkins Induction Day 100

Down another 2 pounds today to 253
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:53 PM   #351  
Do More than Survive

S/C/G: 285-Heaviest/199/175

Height: 5'7"

Looks like I'll be finishing July and starting August in the teens!!! I've had my share of ups & ups & ups and stupid eating . . . I am determined to stay completely focused today. No crazy eating. No crazy carbs. Lots of water. Then whatever the scale says tomorrow, I will know I did my best. I go back to the doctor for bloodwork on August 7. Staying on track and on plan between now and then is my next goal. I have decided I cannot do a number goal/deadline. Although I want to see a certain number, I cannot put a time-frame on it. It NEVER works for me. I've tried many times. I have control over what I do . . . I don't have control over how fast the numbers change (except up - I can send them upwards pretty quickly ).

Congrats to those doing so well. I see lots of "losers" here. If you are struggling, hang in there. Don't give up. Keep coming here - it's the best thing I ever did for myself. I did very well when I first came to 3FC. I got away from here and that wasn't good. I know that I started messing up so I started staying away from posting, then I stopped reading and ultimately stopped showing up. I tried to get things back under control by myself. It didn't happen. I need this accountability. I need this support. I need you guys! I apologize for not posting personals as often as I should. Know that even when I don't post specifically to you, know that I am reading, and rooting for you. All of you!

01~ 224
02~ 224.2
03~ 223
04~ 221.2/fbs 132
05~ 221.4
06~ 222/FBS 122
07~ 222
08~ 224
09~ 222
10~ No W/I
11~ 222
12~ No W/I
13~ 220.4
14~ 222.2
15~ 223.8
16~ 223.8
17~ No W/I
18~ No W/I
19~ No W/I
20~ 219.6/FBS 95
21~ 219
22~ 219.6/FBS 115
23~ 218.2/FSB 105
24~ 218.2
25~ No W/I
26~ No W/I
27~ 219.2
28~ 220.2 (Ugh! Too many carbs the last few days)
29~ 219.2
30~ 217.8
31~
MadeToThrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:52 PM   #352  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Magistra, that issue at the DMV would have freaked me out too. It makes me question the accuracy of those things. I am doing the bike tour on my own. It should be a fabulous me-cation.

W 152
B egg on toast
L veg, chicken sausage
D tbd

Did my hour bike ride and then had an hour massage. I had a lady's website saved for a long time and finally booked a massage. She was recommended by a friend and she lives within walking distance. It was fantastic and I feel so relaxed. I booked another for next month.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:27 PM   #353  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Hi you guys!

ate 42/44 points today and earned 2 activity points, didn't have a particularly nutritious or healthy dinner (coughitwastotallypizzacough) but I decided i needed a feel good treat-but-not-cheat And it was all within my points and accounted for. Tomorrow's dinner should be lots healthier, as I am going to a BBQ and can have some nice freshly BBQed chicken and potatoes.

Hugs to you all!
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:26 PM   #354  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I haven't had many PMS symptoms the last few days until today. This will be a quick post, tomorrow is my early day.

Total Approx 1410 calories

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's Ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits combined workouts w/15's
Red Mile w/Leslie

Waving HI all around. Enjoy your evening and rest well.

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-30-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:03 PM   #355  

RetroRabbit, thanks for the great sounding recipe that includes what I am taking medicinally, beets as well as my favorite addiction, Cocoa I will give it a try. Sounds really good. I honestly cannot imagine having done all the outside activity you did in that heat. It was 93 where I am. Congrats on the new scale and the lb loss !

Nichols, I chose a different route for the gallbladder. I take chinese and western herbs when I have an attack. TBH, if I took one of the 2 herbs on a regular basis I would never have an attack. But I only get them once every couple of years. After 4 days of diet change and the herbs I am symptom free. So there is no need at this point for removal, if you know what I mean
Are you looking forward to back to school? Does that allow for a bit more time to yourself?

Diana Re drinking hot tea in the winter, that would be a resounding nope. I honestly am not a fan of hot tea. Plus, I think the cocoa helps with the release of endorphins. That might be a huge excuse for the addiction. Sorry about those PMS symptoms. I remember them from so long ago.

Novangel I hear ya re stopping the carbs. Its really hard to cut back on them. To break that cycle. Re looking like you ran 1,000 miles, I am guessing your body is pretty healthy looking. Sorry the customer went wacky at work. That would upset me as well.

Nova asked where Ian is. I too was wondering. Before I took the break from 3fc he had been MIA and that was a month ago. Had he been heard from since then? If not, that must be some girlfriend

Magistra Sorry the DMV experience was so stressful. I am sure it would have caused me a lot of anxiety. It must have been so challenging. Are the hot flashes only anxiety related? Or are there menopausal or peri-menopausal components as well? And yes, you got it re: putting hand over heart chakra releases endorphins. That's just what it does.

syckgirl that "power bowl" sounds awesome. Actually so does the mac and cheese you had for lunch today. Great that it was raining. That's good, right?

Larry way to go with the weight loss. More than 50 lbs. You ARE an inspiration. I hope your wife is doing well

Made To Thrive more than 6 lbs. loss this month. that is SO good.
I am not sure that posting often is a requisite for people here. I think its all about what YOU need

CoolMom you are doing such great things for yourself. The bike tour. massage.... I envision the bike tour being so empowering for you. Well, it's the feeling I get. So happy you booked a massage for next month as well.

MsTibbles, sometimes Pizza is what is needed. And nothing else will suffice. I hope you enjoy the Friday night BBQ chicken. Sounds good to me. Still loving that avatar picture

Kelijpa

Everyone else

Weight was up 1.2 lbs this morning
Today I was craving food. HUGE cravings. The gallbladder symptoms felt back to normal. I wanted carbs. I wanted fat. I worked hard at the co-op and other grocery store to not buy chocolate, cheese and of course popchips. The diet prevailed. I left the store with nothing unhealthy. However there was that sample debacle. Utz sweet potato chips with bacon dip at the co-op. Oh yes, then there were the 4 largd-ish peaches. Low in calories, high in carbs. I did have too much hot chocolate today. So it was NOT an inspiring carb and calorie day. Especially the carbs
Hot chocolate 280
Lemon protein frozen stuff 100
Peaches 180
sample 100
L: chicken sausage and salad 340
D: Chicken and salad 300
Total for day 1300

I hope everyone has an awesome Friday.

Last edited by flower123; 07-30-2015 at 11:04 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:41 AM   #356  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

W: 187.6

B: scrambled eggs w/grated cheese, blueberries, coffee w/cream
L: salad w/baby lettuce, spinach, artichoke hearts, walnuts, pecans, pumpkins seeds, almonds, dried cranberries, blue cheese dressing
D: gaucomole and a small cheese quesadilla
D: dark chocolate, and mint tea

E: 30 minutes abs, arms, dance

I went and got a mammogram today. It was easy and almost boring. Yawn . . . The fun part of my day was after lunch I went to JoAnnes and bought several cuts of cotton quilting fabric in shades of aqua blue. I am making a quilt for my bedroom. DH loves the homemade quilt look. My mom is a quilter, so we have a bunch of her quilts around the house. Hers are really beautiful so I want to preserve them. That is actually the reason I am making a quilt. I figure if we alternate using her quilt and my quilt, they will both last longer. I hope to get cracking on it before school starts again, which is coming very soon in a few weeks. Of course I probably won't finish it until Christmas, but I can at least get started on it.

Diana Have a wonderful day tommorrow. I'm glad to hear no pms.

Syckgirl Have a great day! The rain was nice this morning.

Larry Good for you on the two pounds!

MadeToThrive Good job on your day! I've been having some ups and ups this month, but then I have downs and downs, so it all evens out.

Coolmom I have always wanted to get a massage, but I always chicken out. Good for you! I bet it was wonderful!

MsTibbles Good job on your points today. I eat pizza sometimes too.

Flower Good job on your day. Don't worry about the small stuff. I am fully in menopause. I used to get hot flashes regulary, but now they are few and far between, so it is a surprise when I get one. I hope you have an awesome Friday too.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:00 AM   #357  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

good morning all!

175.6, so finished the month almost exactly where I started 175.9, which was not the plan, but the upswing in the middle of the month wasn't planned either so there's that.

Syckgirlsfv sounded like you woke up in PA instead of CA for a minute, we've had a lot of rain and mugginess this year, it's keeping stuff green, but a teeny bit less would be ok.

Magistra glad things got straightened out at the DMV, that would have made me anxious, too!

Coolmom that me-cation sounds so great, you're doing great getting ready for it!

Diana sorry for the PMS, I had one bad day with thAt this month, better days are coming, hope they come quick for you.

Larry congrats, you are doing awesome! I second Flower's remark, hope your DW is doing well.

Novangel nothing sux like work drama, except maybe mean people who flip out on the person providing them a service...

Flower I may have to stop at the farmstand and get some peaches, sound yummy

Hope everyone has a great day

I shortened my days during the week, so this is my first Friday going in in a looong time, you can see I'm rushing to get there

Last edited by kelijpa; 07-31-2015 at 06:01 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:17 AM   #358  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

I forgot to mention that Ian is doing fine. He's still on the forum. He said that he's been busy and doesn't have time to check in regularly at a check in. He still posts on the forum when he gets a chance.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
Nothing this morning, it's my early day, gotta get stuff done

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 172 (TTOM)
No change

Have a great day and start to your weekend!
Old 07-31-2015, 10:59 AM   #359  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Flower- Yay! Let me know how the smoothie comes out

I'm a little out of it today. I couldn't fall asleep last night, so I stayed up working on my senior thesis and painting. I went on an hour and a half walk in the morning (coffee break half way through- I'm not a coffee drinking, but I figure no sleep = good reason). A couple friends are picking me up soon for a weekend trip to a music festival with 2 nights of camping. I should be pretty distracted from food and active, plus I'm really looking forward to it!

Yesterday was good up until late evening. I was probably around 1500 calories after dinner and decided to have a peanut butter banana cocoa smoothie. I had waaaay too much, plus some cereal, and now I regret it -_- My tummy hurts so badly

Today is better though. I had grapes in the early morning, a cliff bar on my walk, and just made some veggie juice. I haven't gone jogging in a week, though, and I doubt I'll go during the weekend. Maybe Sunday evening? I miss going on jogs (so proud I feel that way!)

I'll be back on Sunday, so I hope everyone has a great weekend!
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:33 AM   #360  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Yay! Diana has a new picture!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote