Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-15-2015, 01:59 PM   #196  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

It seems like there have been some positive changes going on with my body, even though I have had a weight gain in the last couple of years. I took my palazzo pants in to be hemmed and the seamstress asked me if I had lost some weight. The last time she saw me was about a year ago when I had her sew a strap on a sandal. So she only saw me from behind the counter. Previously was 2 1/2 years ago and that was for her to hem another pair of pants for me. This woman comes across as grouchy and doesn't make small talk. She is not one to flatter you with compliments since she doesn't have time for chit chat. I was in there yesterday for her to get some measurements for the pants and then today to try them back on with my shoes to make sure the measurements were correct. I will pick them up tomorrow. Anyways, she asked if I had lost some weight and I told her no that I had actually gained some. She insisted that I had lost weight and was smaller. There is no doubt that I am not smaller, since the clothes at my lowest weight no longer fit. When I was in there 2 1/2 years ago I was around 150 pounds. The shirts I wore a small in, I am now wearing a medium in. I am up approx. 1 size in most things. Of course depending on how fitted the item is, it can be up to 2 sizes. I'm not sure what the difference is. Maybe it has to do with the weight training. When I was losing weight and for the first year of maintenance I used mostly lighter weights. In the last year, I have been using heavier weights. I know when I was in the 150 pound range I looked thin. I looked very gaunt in my face and other areas, for that matter. I looked like a skeleton in my upper body. You could see the bones in my back, ribs, etc. I looked like bones with just skin covering it. It was not a good look. I know everyone carries their weight differently, but I cannot pull off those lower weights. I carry most of my weight in the hips, butt, lower ab, and upper thigh area. I really think 10 pounds would make a big difference for me. In fact, when I was losing, that last 10 pounds made a big difference back then and it actually came off those problem spots. I just wish I knew the actual reason that she thought I had lost weight, why is it the staff at the Dr's offices are shocked that I weigh as much as I do, etc. The only thing I can think of is muscle/weight training. I have been at this weight loss thing forever and there's always something perplexing for me.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:10 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 206/156/136

Height: 5'6"

I love this idea!
I've been on IP for 7 weeks as of tomorrow. My starting weight 176. Today's weight is 156.
note: I lost 30 pounds on WW prior to joining IP.
CristaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:28 PM   #198  
Warrior Princess

Diana, there are currently 2 new people and they have to replace 2 others. Pretty soon they may have to replace me too. I'll find out what I'm doing between now and September the latest.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:24 PM   #199  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Hi everyone!

I started (restarted?) my journey on the 12th of this month. I'm very vaguely following Slimfast, but am tailoring it to my own needs and ensuring I am doing it as healthily and sustainably as possible. I am a sporadic sleeper and so I am eating every 6 hours, something along the lines of shake -> snack (depending on what macronutrients needed) -> shake -> 500cal meal. Scale is saying I've lost 5lbs already, though I'm fairly sure some of that is fluid. I'm feeling very motivated though, hoping that will stay.

today i had...
Shake
4x snack a jacks rice cakes
shake
WW Chicken casserole, 2x rice cake and 2 mini fromage frais
and 2 extra strong mints
totalling 1206 cals.
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:21 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Today just flew by and I can't believe it's already almost thursday! I took my bike to work with me today so I could get the tire fixed. It was kind of a pain, but I'm so glad I got it done! I had to carry my bike from my house to the bus stop, then from my work building to the other bus stop and through town to the bike shop, which was quite a workout! Plus biking home (only about 15 minutes). I also did a 2 1/2 minute plank this morning, 40 situps, and 2 sets of 50 jumping jacks. Work was also pretty active today, so it was a good day in terms of physical activity.

B: oatmeal w/ banana and blueberries (400)
L: rice, tempeh, broccoli, tahini and an apple and some almonds (1000)
D: teriyaki veggies and tofu with rice (1600)
s: chocolate (1800)

I really wish I had a scale to weigh in every week, but I know it's better for me not to. I can tell I've lost weight though, because my shorts are getting looser
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:48 PM   #201  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

CristaLee Hi and welcome to the check-in.

MsTibbles Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Retrorabbit That sounds tough, carrying the bike around! Good workout for sure.

Novangel I hope it all works out for the best for you.

Nicholsfamily Hi

CoolMom I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I hope you can get that walk in.

Syckgirlsfv Good job getting rid of the water weight.

Minnie Hi

Larry Keep up the great work!

kelijpa Great job keeping things in line while at the festival.

magistra17 Hi

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 07-15-2015, 09:51 PM   #202  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1275 calories +

Breakfast 190 +
Organic valley vanilla shake
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Salad w/grilled tuna, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, cheese & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
HHA's Fat Burning Cardio
LS One Mile Jog

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-15-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:33 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Today's weight: 190.6

B: scrambled eggs w/grated cheese, strawberries, peach tea
L: crescent w/leftover pollo loco chicken
D: sushi, 6 pieces: tuna, whitefish, shrimp, calamari, and a small bowl of broth w/tofu
D: mint dark chocolate, mint tea

E: abs 70 reps, and I've been cleaning all day. Cleaning counts, right? Especially when you break a sweat doing it.

I've been cleaning out the closets and boy oh boy, the things I found. Like size small and medium bike shorts and camisoles that I wore years ago. They look so small compared to what I am wearing now. It's hard to believe those clothes could possibly have fit my body. Well, they went right into the give away box. It would be nice, but I don't expect to be that small again. It doesn't seem likely.

MsTibbles Welcome! Love your avatar!

ChristaLee Welcome! Good luck with your goals.

Diane I'm sure you've got it exactly right. It's the weight training. You are probably more toned than you were before. People just see a change and assume the reason you look different. I cut my hair short once and everybody asked me if I had lost weight, but I hadn't.

Coolmom Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

kelijpa Aww, poor little dog. We don't have storms here, but people start shooting off illegal fireworks around here at the end of June and it gets pretty bad the week of July 4. We are in the middle of July and people are still doing it. Somebody pops one or two fireworks almost every night. And our poor little dog cowers and shivers in fright, sometimes for hours after the popping has ended. She'll follow me around and sit as close to me as she can, sometimes right on my feet. It's so sad.

minnie Congrats on the two pound drop!

Larry You're doing great!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:18 AM   #204  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

No drama of any kind last night, so that's good, Hunter got a bath, pretty chilly here this morning, 48, supposed to be sunny and 78, sounds like a beautiful day.
175.1 this morning, same as last week.

Hope everyone has a great day!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:50 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Yes! 2 days til the weekend! I've almost made it. However..I cheated a little by using some vacation time and going out yesterday and having some me time. By ME time I mean I went out along and shopped for school supplies...got everything together for my daughter's birthday party, and got groceries lol.

However I did manage to get all the school supplies bought! And this is almost 3 1/2 weeks early! SO YAY me!

Weight was down this morning!! After a few days of being stalled. 176.4! I'm sure it had nothing to do with pushing mowing in the heat for about and hour yesterday afternoon lol. But I'm happy to see it go!

Hope everyone has a great day! TTYL
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #206  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

The alarm at the shop went off at 2 AM. It was the gate alarm and DH went to check it out. He didn't see anything out of sorts so it must have been a cat walking through the area. Once I wake up it takes forever for me to go back to sleep. I'm dragging this morning. Tomorrow is my early day, so I must get to bed early tonight.

Kelijpa We had enough drama for everyone last night.

Magistra Good job getting things cleaned and sorted out. I need to do that with DH's stuff. But that's not going to happen. I think he can be classified as a hoarder. I'm the opposite. I guess we are suppose to balance each other out, right?

Nicholsfamily Great job getting a jump start on the school stuff!. I'm sure the party will be a big hit with your DD.

Calories for yesterday: 1275 +
Weigh In: 174.2 (TTOM)
No Change

Have a great day!
Old 07-16-2015, 06:12 PM   #207  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

only down another .2 today...hmph.

B - chicken sausage, slice of jack cheese
L - El Pollo Loco Power Bowl
S - string cheese
D - tbd
EX - probably a walk with DH
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:58 PM   #208  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Did well today, motivation is staying very high, although I did have a little disordered thinking earlier (my mum kindly made my dinner for me, and I had to check in the egg carton that she did use just two eggs and not three - anxiety sucks!). Gave myself a slap for that, it wouldn't have been a huge downfall. I must be wary not to go down that slippery slope.

1am: Shake and yogurt
7am: banana
1pm: shake
7pm: scrambled eggs and beans on toast
Total: 1225 calories
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:50 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Ugh I'm bummed and so mad at myself. I don't even know why really except I ate way too much sugar today...and my calorie intake is between 1200-1550..well I hit 1450 why do I FEEL so bad about eating up to 1450 calories...when I still have 100 left? I feel like I'm going to wake up in the morning and see a weight gain. I did manage to get 16 minutes of turbo jam in..not much but some working out today. Any one else like this?
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:53 PM   #210  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Nicholsfamily Yep, done that before. I think it gets even worse when you get to goal or closer to goal. Everything starts messing with your head.

MsTibbles Good job on your day.

Syckgirlsfv Good job on the .2. It's still down, that's all that matters.

Total Approx 1275 calories +

Breakfast 190 +
Organic valley vanilla shake
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Mediterranean salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
LS 1 Mile Jog
KCM's Your Best Body workout one w/cardio rests w/10's & 15's

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-16-2015 at 08:54 PM.