Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-21-2015, 08:30 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Diana- I guess I've made some progress, but it's going slowly As far as grip goes, I like to blame the humidity for poor grip on the pole, haha!

Magistra- totally do it! It's so refreshing to go swimming after a muggy hike, and what's better is swimming is also physical activity!

Today was pretty good. I had a tough time getting up this morning. I sleep on the floor with a foam mat as a mattress and a quilt folded over it (I'm only living here 3 months), but somehow it always feels sooo cozy in the morning! I still got up at 7 though and went on a 30 minute jog. I was so beat by the end of it! It took me a little bit longer to bike to work (almost 20 minutes), but I left early so it's fine. Work was nice, I got to do transplanting by myself for the entire morning in an airconditioned room, so I was pretty happy with that. I also did a 3 minute plank, lots of stretching, and 10 pseudo pushups (I don't understand why they're so hard!)

B: strawberries & cereal with unsweetened almond milk (400)
L: falafel, salad, hummus, cherries (1000)
s: almonds (1100)
D: rice, beans, cabbage, and other veggies with 1/2 avocado (1700)
s: chocolate (1800)

My feet ache, my lunch is packed, it's 8:30pm... I think it's time to turn into a slug for today and watch netflix then sleep

Have a good night everyone!
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:02 PM   #257  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroRabbit View Post
...tomorrow is another day with lots of opportunities for success.
I may use this in my signature if it's ok with you, RetroRabbit you are definitely being hard on yourself, pictures depend so much on angles, etc. have you seen that joke ad about how to make your fish look bigger, they show this guy with this tiny fish, then these fake long arms that put the fish closer to the camera and voila he has caught a monster fish but really look again at what a great day you had and how much riding you did, be proud by the way, I'm always looking at how wrinkly my neck looks in pictures, so I guess it's our nature...

Need to get back to logging my food in MFP, not too bad I don't think, but not good to get out of that habit, slippery slope and all...

Still pecking away at c25K, week 3 day 2 done today while Hunter was getting his fur-cut, he's so skinny looking after his cut and runs around like he lost a few pounds

coolmom nothing like some quality deck time listening to the birds, I sat out listening when I got home tonight, very nice

Hope everyone has a great evening and a great tomorrow

Last edited by kelijpa; 07-21-2015 at 09:14 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:24 PM   #258  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Novangel Her Beginner Shred workout might be the best way to ease back into her workouts. It's only $6.99 so that's not bad. She can be tough to get back into and that can cause some dread.
http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michae.../dp/B00KT5PAWE
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Jillian-Mi...d-DVD/38472730

Nicholsfamily Congrats on your weigh in!

CoolMom That sounds nice to have family so close by. I wanted to keep my calories low, but was worried about getting hungry since I had the larger meal. I decided to eat only veggies, protein, and fruit. That was a lot of food in that little of calories. Last night it hit me. DH was snacking. It doesn't usually bother me. I had a huge hankering for something. I got through it though. Then today at work it hit again. Again, I pushed though. It amazing how eating that one off plan meal can make you want to eat more off plan food. Good job on that exercise!

Minnie I hope you get over the cold quickly. Feel better soon.

Magistra Your foods for yesterday sound delish!

Mstibbles Good job on your day! Shakes and bars are weird for me, too. I love sweets, but sometimes the shakes will trigger a sweet tooth in me. I have been drinking them on the weekends to keep my calories low. I LOVE chocolate, so I've been drinking vanilla.

Retrorabbit Enjoy your evening and rest well.

Kelijpa Good job continuing to work on C25K.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:27 PM   #259  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Chipotle bowl w/double chicken, lettuce, fajita veggies, black beans, lettuce, and BHF's ranch - round up 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits - combined workouts - w/15's
Old 07-21-2015, 11:06 PM   #260  
No Room for Negativity!

S/C/G: 200/177/125

Height: 5'2"

**Rant alert**

I’m so aggravated!! Okay, so my day is going great. Woke up, did the treadmill for 35 minutes, went about my day….We had plans to go to Applebee’s for dinner. Not a problem, because I counted calories and made sure that I saved up 650 calories for dinner. I knew that my dinner would be around 600 calories, and I’d still have around 50 calories to take a few bites of the appetizer. Great Plan!!

Then we arrived at the restaurant…..
Waitress: ”Guess what, we are giving away free tasting plates of our new appetizers!”
Me..Thinking inside my Head: Well, isn’t that just fan-freaking-tastic!! So, now of course we HAVE to get it because it’s free. Who am I to tell the rest of my family NO to FREE FOOD?

So, we had some delicious shrimp and very yummy smores churroes.... UGG! Now, of course I had to taste it….So, now I’m over on my calories…..I think I’m going to fast tomorrow.

Last edited by minnie45; 07-21-2015 at 11:09 PM.
minnie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:58 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

W: 189.4

B: whole wheat bagel w/butter, raspberries, coffee w/cream
L: leftover turkey meatballs and pasta
D: tilapia w/lemon, chicken broth, wine sauce; kale salad w/coconut & strawberries
D: dark chocolate

E: 40 minutes abs, stretches, Jane Fonda Cardio Workout : Level 1

Didn't get to do the lovely walk/swim that I had planned for today, but at least I did get some exercise in.

My DD started digging her garden today and discovered that gardening is serious exercise, which is a nice side bonus.

minnie Don't be too hard on yourself. I would have done the same thing. It's hard to resist food that's set right in front of you in a restaurant.

Diana Glad you liked my menu. I'm really trying to eat well and eat tasty. I have a hard time planning my food. I would rather be doing anything else other than shopping for food and preparing meals, but I'm trying.

Hope everybody has a nice day! We are still getting rain here. The rain is nice where I live, but for some people it's causing flooding and dreadful damage. That's So. Calif. for ya. We don't get enough rain, but then when it does finally rain, it floods.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:54 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

I'm getting really irritated. I have been bouncing between 175-176 for SEVEN days now! I've stayed in my calorie range, worked out, changed up my work outs and nothing is budging. Am I hitting a plateau? TOM is next week so I sure hope something gives before then.
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:53 AM   #263  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Lee Holden's 7 Minutes of Magic Extended PM section
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 175.8
Up: 1 pound <---Not sure what's up with that! We ate at Chipotle, but everything was accounted for. I don't recall having this type of gain from there. It's obvious only water, but still.

Have a great day!
Old 07-22-2015, 10:02 AM   #264  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Monday was my 71st birthday and I celebrated with family at the Outback Steak House. I had the bone in 22 oz rib eye with 1/2 cup steamed broccoli. My Atkins carb intake was on plan at 13 grams but my calorie count was 400 too much. So yesterday I cut my calories to 850 which is 650 under my goal to balance things out from Monday. Today I should be back to normal.

The scale rewarded me today with a 2 lb loss. YES!!
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:36 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Kelijpa- Thanks, that was a really sweet post You're right, I totally know what kind of picture you're talking about, I never found photographs flattering, no matter what my weight was at the time. And of course you can use that in your signature!

So, today I am home sick. I probably could have gone into work, but a sore throat (probably from mold... I think I'm allergic to my house), sore muscles, and being really tired made me decide to stay home.

I woke up pretty hungry, so I had waffles with blueberries and some almonds (600 calories). A pretty big breakfast, but that's okay, because it's only 2 1/2 hours later and I am hungry again!
I just need to make sure I don't overdo it. Sore throats always lead to me oversalting my food, too. I like to think that a hypersaline diet kills any possible infection, but I'm really not sure if that's true

My parents are visiting this weekend, too, and I asked my mom to bring me the old scale they have in their bathroom. I don't want to get obsessive, but I think have a scale will make me notice progress a lot better than my shorts will!
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:45 PM   #266  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Retro, we need some pole video when you're feeling better.

Yesterday's 1000 cals burned in exercise turned into 2700 cals of food eaten. Ha! I am sure determined to maintain these days.

Diana, I had one of those hot flashes in the middle of the night, without the sweats, and grabbed one of the blue ice packs out of the freezer and put it at the foot of my bed to press on the bottom of my feet. I've done that before and it works well. You might try it next time you have that issue.

Larry, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And nice job on the continued diet success.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 07-22-2015 at 07:29 PM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:32 PM   #267  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Hugs everyone!

I decided to grab the bull by the proverbial horns and change my plan straight away. I signed up to Weight Watchers online last night and started today. (I don't hang around)

After eating 1200 calories for 10 days, eating 44 propoints (somewhere between 1500-1700) seems like such a lot, but I am trying to put aside my anxiety and trust the system, and the support that they offer which is pretty good. I think I was probably eating too little @ 1200, i'm just hoping that the slight increase in food won't put anything back on...!

Diana3271 Hahah that makes sense! I do love sweet things as well, but I have been really craving savory!

Today I counted WeightWatchers propoints as well as calories (just out of interest):

1am - 10pts total/399cal
Slim-a-soup 1pt
4x rice cakes 4pts
Yoghurt 5pts

7am - 0pts total/72cal
Baby Banana - 0pts (This confuses me but oh well xD)

1pm - 8pts total/307cal
4x rice cakes 4pts
WW Danish white bread, 2 slices, 3pts
2x m&s honey roast ham slices, 1pts

7pm - 21pts total/717cal
Tinned meatballs in tomato sauce 10pts
250g White rice 11pts

Daily Total: 39/44 ProPoints and 1,492 calories

Hugs to you all and keep going!
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:51 PM   #268  

Hi all! Haven't stopped by in a while, but still keeping at it.

Coolmom turned me on to TwoGrand, and I've been tracking my days with that so keeping some accountability. I wasn't able to weigh myself this week, so I'm not sure what the scales are doing, but i'll find out this weekend.

I tried learning to rollerskate last tuesday, but ended up falling badly and hurt my back. I made a tentative attempt to get back to exercise classes tonight, but had to take it a little easier still. I do hope to start running, so i'm holding out for a dry day to give it a go. We are having such a rubbish wet summer this year, but I'm going to get together with a friend and sign up for a charity run in october so we have a fixed focus.

Hope you're all doing well!

Last edited by Coop27; 07-22-2015 at 05:52 PM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:40 PM   #269  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

We just got home. We had drama with getting the alarm on the gate set. Hopefully one day we can retire and not have to deal with drama all the time. I guess we would probably end up trading one drama for another.

Earlier today I noticed that crazy stomach pain coming on. I took my prescription and it has finally calmed down. Last month I had it 2 days in a row. Hopefully it won't happen again tomorrow. I don't recall having the stomach pain as often as I have been getting it most recently.

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
salad w/mixed greens, grilled tuna, tomato, cucumber & mix of BHF's ranch & blue cheese 500 calories
watermelon chunks 200 calories

Exercise:
LM Body Attack 64
Old 07-22-2015, 10:43 PM   #270  
No Room for Negativity!

S/C/G: 200/177/125

Height: 5'2"

Checking in: Stayed at 1200 calories today. Will weigh in soon....I think..

Ms. Tibbles: I don't do the Weigh Watchers program, but when I go back to work (full time--elementary teacher) I plan to eat Weight Watchers microwaveable meals with a piece of fruit for my lunches. I have friends that did WW and it worked for them. I don't do it because I don't like meetings, and I like to count my calories to lose...

Coop: What is TwoGrand?

Hi Magistra, Dianna, Nichols, Retro, Larry, Kelijpa,...anyone else that I missed. Things are about to get even busier here so, I may only check in every other day or so...but, I will still read and cheering you on from here.

Last edited by minnie45; 07-23-2015 at 11:05 AM.
minnie45 is offline   Reply With Quote