Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-27-2015, 08:59 AM   #316  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

I forgot to mention, OMG! I have the worst glute and hamstring DOMS! My workout on Saturday got me good!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:53 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

W: 185.8

Yesterday I ate:
B: scrambled eggs w/grated cheese, raspberries, berryblossom white tea
S: handful of nuts: cashews, almonds, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, one small slice of brie on a tortilla chip
L: chicken, broccoli & kale salad from Trader Joes with added crudites
D: pork chop, broccoli
D: one tiny chocolate chip cookie

E: 2 hours English Country dancing

I had a blast dancing yesterday. I'm having more fun with it now because I'm finally building up some stamina. However, there are so many different dance combinations to learn that I am still having to do a lot of thinking. The brain work for these dances is more exhausting than the movement. I am still learning all the terminology and at the same time trying to remember my rights from my lefts. It gets complicated. But I'll keep going back so that I will get better at it.

ladyfat Welcome! Mmmm . . . sloppy joe. That sounds tasty! Good luck with your goals.

Diana Right! It's the fixing up that is so tiring. I too just want to go out with combed hair and clean face, nothing extra. I never used to feel that I looked okay without makeup. There was a time when I wouldn't leave the house without it. But then I had a horrible pregnancy with my second child and I discovered that I just didn't care about makeup anymore. I wasn't feeling well so makeup was a dreadful chore. What happened was that people got used to me without it. Believe me, if people are your friends, they will love you no matter what you look like. I think we are hardest on ourselves and we sometimes make ourselves believe we are not beautiful just the way we are. I don't regularly wear makeup anymore. The only day I put on a minimal amount of makeup is Sunday. I like to dress up for church and for my dancing friends. It is so liberating to not have to worry about being made up.

novangel Hope things get better at your work tomorrow.

Larry Good job on your day!

RetroRabbit I get that same kind of stress when I'm around my family. I don't know how yours is, but my family is crazy! I love them and I hate them. Sounds like you did a good job with your food and exercise. I hope your foot feels better soon. Maybe put some ice on it.

berryblondeboys Junk food cravings can be tough. Good for you on sticking to your plan!

Coolmom Your bike training is really impressive. You're doing it!

Matisse You take care of yourself and be good to yourself too!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:54 PM   #318  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!!!

I got back on Thursday, but I've been trying to get myself back on track since then. Gained about 6 pounds of water but we did get a few walks in since then. We walked a total of 7 miles on saturday between our 4 1/2 mile walk and the miles we put in shopping at Costco, and yesterday we walked almost 5 miles.

I didn't win big this time but I did bring all my money back plus an extra 15 whole dollars!!!

Ok - got back to work this morning and it's audit time again, oh JOY. I literally had NO time to eat breakfast!

Menu -
B - NOPE
S - string cheese
L - grilled chicken breast
D - not sure yet
EX - hoping to convince DH to walk some more since it's been too hot to ride our bikes lately.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:11 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Hi everyone and happy monday!

Today was a sleepy morning, but I still got up in time to have 10 minutes or so of "What do I do now?" before the bus to work.

B: 2 sunny side up eggs, grapes (400)
L: pasta w/ veggies, cherries (1000)
D: veggies and hummus, fruit (1500)
s: chocolate (1700)
W: 168

Not bad. I didn't do much in the way of exercise today due to a still hurting foot, but I plan on biking to work tomorrow, and possibly a jog if my foot feels better. I did get in a 3 minute plank today though, and I was on my feet a bit at work.
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:27 PM   #320  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I just found out a friend of mine, Danny's wife, had a stroke. (Some of you here may remember DH's friend Danny, who passed away last year.) She seems to be doing fine, but it's shocking.

I had a minor salad fiasco at dinner. I ordered my salad without salad dressing, like I usually do. When I got my salad, I put my dressing on the salad. I don't usually do this. I usually dip my fork in the dressing or lightly touch the salad in the dressing. I started eating the salad and noticed a tangy vinaigrette taste when I got to the center. UGH! I didn't want to send it back since we were eating at a small family owned business. I know how thin the profit margins can be. This has only happened once or twice so it's not that big of a deal. I would have probably sent the salad back if we were at a large chain restaurant. I wonder if ordering dressing on the side would prevent this from happening in the future? They are so used to putting dressing with the salad and they just do it automatically. I am just going to account for my regular 700 calories for dinner. I have no idea how many calories were in the dressing and I don't even want to think about it anymore.

Berry Welcome back!

Lady Good job working on things. I call those stepping stones. They all add up and lead to your success.

CoolMom Can you tell us more about the bike tour. I swear I forget so much these days. Where do you start and how far is the tour.

Magistra Yesterday I went out without my make up. I think I am going to do that more often on the weekends and only fix up if we are doing something. Funny thing from yesterday. I went to get an iced coffee at my usual place. I was shocked, really shocked, that the lady there recognized me. She automatically smiled, told me "hi" and asked if I wanted my usual. I have always thought I was unrecognizable without my makeup and hair fixed. So maybe I'm not so freakish without my make up or maybe I look more freakish with my makeup than I think. I agree that we are too hard on ourselves. I need to work on that, along with everything else.

Syckgirlsfv Welcome back. I think it's a big win if have a good time and come back with your money.

Retrorabbit Good job on your day.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 07-27-2015, 10:30 PM   #321  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Somewhat of a salad fiasco w/grilled chicken 700 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-27-2015 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:56 AM   #322  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

I just can't seem to wake up this morning! Or yesterday morning. TOM is definitely hitting me hard this week! Come 8:00 I'm ready to pass out! I haven't done personals in awhile and will get to it. I have been swamped working on painting the our bathroom, getting my workouts in, going to work, running the kids to and from....all that fun stuff!

Back to school stuff begins next week. & then the 12th school starts back up which requires me to get up 15-20 minutes earlier then I already do! AHHH..Those 15 minutes asleep are alot lol.

As for my weight goes I'm still moving along. I am about to the phase where Walk Away the Pounds isn't going to cut it anymore because I need to do some other exercises in order to tone up my arms, legs, and stomach. So I'm about to be hitting Jillian Michael's hard!

CW: 172.8 (i've already hit my GW of 175 for the month so anything extra I lose for July is bonus!)

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday and hope everyone is doing well!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:02 AM   #323  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Nicholsfamily1987 Your new avatar is very pretty.

Nothing for last night
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

TTOM is messing with me, again. I *think* it started yesterday, which is too early. It's funny, at this stage of the game, things are not always clear as to what's going on. It's all a guessing game.

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 172.8 (TTOM??)
Down: 1 pound

Have a great day!
Old 07-28-2015, 10:37 AM   #324  

S/C/G: 154/147/128

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi, I have not caught up with everyone's updates.

Since my last update, weight has been up by a pound. Normal since I dropped 2.4 lbs in a few days last week. My eating has not been optimal, but that's OK. It is challenging to be at my place for a few days only - not enough to buy groceries and plan optimal menus.

I am driving back today at my parents who live by the gorgeous St Lawrence River. Looking forward seeing my cats again. Man, my condo was empty and lifeless without them!

Only one pill of antibiotics left. Woohoo! Still coughing and will probably do for a few more weeks. My doctor put me on three day work - not consecutive, if possible - when school starts again.

Only one group out of three fits with that constraint. I have no idea what the admins will decide. Theoretically, that's (3 days out of 5) 60 % of full time, but 33 % of my workload.

Last year, at the same time, I was teaching ten hours (2 groups) and was sick from August to the end of October. I am not willing to go to sleep at 7 or 8 PM each day and spend my weekends like a zombie this year.

I want a life! (Mould sucks.)

This has not much to do with weight loss, but I am using this place as a journal.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Matisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #325  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

HI ALL! getting in quick post before the auditors get here and start asking for stuff. TOO much work to do now and no where near enough people to do it. story of my life here these days!

Start tonight going back to campus - two nights a week for the next 5 weeks. Then it's time for Fall quarter.

oh! water weight is down 2 pounds

B - key lime muffin from Costco (coworker brought it to me, SO GOOD though!)
S - string cheese
L - burger patty w/swiss
D - leftover pineapple fried rice (need something quick before school)
EX - just walking from lot to class...it's pretty far though!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 07-28-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:56 PM   #326  

hi all
Sorry it has been so long. I had been in a rut of eating in a way where I was not losing. And even gaining 1/2 to 1 lb a month. Most days reporting that I blew the diet. If I was going to post here I needed to post more successes.

So, Sunday I found out that I was having a flair up of the gallbladder (no stones). That meant, among other treatment modalities, instant diet. Now I have cut out almost all lipids except for what is in the low fat chicken sausage and Omega 3 oil capsules, and what little amount of the low fat cocoa powder I use for the ever enduring hot chocolate. I have cut way back on that too since Sunday morning. Lots of salad, fruit and chicken. That's it for now. Even turned down samples at costco

The result is a weight loss of 3.5 lbs in 2 days. It is difficult for me to, for long term, cut out the foods I have become used to eating. But it benefits the gallbladder and my self esteem. 3 more lbs and I will be back down to my perfect maintenance weight. So it took the gallbladder acting up for me to turn things around. But now I have. I even am eating raw beets. Something I thought I would never do. But they are excellent for gallbladder problems.

I hope everyone has been doing well. I will write personals tomorrow. Or perhaps later tonight. Suffice to say I have been thinking of you all. Even through my absence. <3

Last edited by flower123; 07-28-2015 at 05:12 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #327  
Warrior Princess

I finally got my ticker to update and I've only got 50 miles left to run until I reach my goal of 1,000 miles. That's like running from Chicago to Richmond VA. Not bad.

TOM is finally ending and work still isn't getting any better. I've accepted that it's pretty much over for this job (and taking it as a sign that it's time to move on) but at least I have a back up plan. I'm also toying with the idea of working part-time in hair and part-time in dental but I need to think real hard about that one...the last dental office left me very VERY jaded and I'm not sure I want to chance that BS again. Granted not all dentists are jerks to work for but I have met more bad than good in my 15 years in that field. It's not for the faint of heart that's for sure. You need to have very thick skin.

Off to the gym later.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:59 PM   #328  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all!

Sorry for not posting, in-laws came for a visit, weight went up, certainly not their fault at all, Sunday DH woke up and said i'm ready to get serious about losing again, so we're back at it. Feels good to be on plan again.

Diana the garden is doing well, we have started getting cucumbers, so have been eating them, we ate all of our broccoli so far, it was yummy. I have started adding a little Siracha with my BHF dressing, so good, if you don't mind a little sweat while eating a salad I guess I love that because I keep doing it!!

I am one of those people who quit wearing makeup, I went from everyday, to just occasions to I think it's unhealthy to wear mascara that's been sitting around unused for a couple months, to now I don't own even any...I recently got a little addicted to face creams and lotions, but no makeup, weird huh?!

Will do more personals later, just had to get on and say HI

Best to all

Flower so good to see you!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:39 PM   #329  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Hi you guys! Checking in late today but wanted to check in anyway

Ate 42/44 points today, including a McDonalds treat which I budgeted for nicely

1am- 11 points
Cup a soup 5
2x Rice cakes 2
Rocky bar 3
Babybel light 1

7am - 0 points
1x Medium banana

1pm: 11 points
Chicken tikka sandwich 5
2x rice cakes 2
rocky bar 3
babybel light 1

7pm - 19 points
9 Chicken McNuggets 11
Mcdonalds small fries 6
Ketchup 2

Also a wily cup of tea with no sugar in it for 0 points

Total: 42/44 propoints
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:54 PM   #330  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Matisse I use the check-in as my journal/blog thingy. I feel I need to post here to keep myself on track. I don't have time to add anything else to a blog so this is it. I hope you continue to feel better. Are your cats coming back home?

Syckgirlsfv Good luck with your new classes.

Flower Welcome back! It's good to see you.

Novangel I hope you get a good workout in. Good luck with your work decisions.

Kelijpa Yay for you and DH working together on this.

Mstibbles Great job on your day!

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!