Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2015, 08:31 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Checking in. DW and I have been traveling for a week from our home in Florida to our son's home in Niverville, NY. We have stopped and visited friends and family along the way. The great news is that I was able to stay completely on my Atkins Induction eating plan while dining in restaurants along the way.

We are at our son's home now so I should be able to post more often now.

I have not weighed for a couple of weeks and was pleasently surprized by a 4 pound loss!!

Last edited by Larry H; 07-13-2015 at 09:06 AM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:25 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 310.5/301.5/150

Height: 5'6''

Quick check-in this morning and then I'll be back to read everyone's posts and catch up later. Scale said 301.5 this morning. Apparently the last few pounds into the 200s are not going to go without a fight. I've been feeling very bloated and like I'm retaining water the past few days, TTOM showed up today so that explains a lot of it.

The zoo yesterday was a lot of fun. Stayed on-track with my food goals and walked all day from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm, albeit slowly of course. I think I'm going to try to take some measurements tonight to go along with the weight tracking. When I get closer and muscle starts replacing fat at least the measurements won't lie and frustrate me.
Ana_122515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:24 PM   #168  
Do More than Survive

S/C/G: 285-Heaviest/199/175

Height: 5'7"

01~ 224
02~ 224.2
03~ 223
04~ 221.2/fbs 132
05~ 221.4
06~ 222/FBS 122
07~ 222
08~ 224
09~ 222
10~ No W/I
11~ 222
12~ No W/I
13~ 220.4

I was pretty excited (and a little surprised) to see that 220.4 today. Hoping I don't have a bounce back, but if I do that's okay. I'm claiming it . . . because that's how I roll . Maybe I'll see the teens soon.
I had a few things I shouldn't have today, but overall I think I'll be okay. I'll be having cabbage soup for dinner, so that should help balance things out some.

Life has been crazy busy/stressful for me . . . work . . . grandkids . . . life . . . etc. My 6-year-old grandson said to me the other day "Grandma, you're looking kind of skinny." Made me feel good. A bit later, his younger brother (just turned 5) asked "why are you looking skinny?" I said "because I'm losing weight." He said "that's not good." Apparently he is worried I will look different. I told him not to worry because I will still "look like Grandma."

I hope everyone had a good weekend and good start to the week. I'll try to check back later for personals (might not make it back tonight though).

Last edited by MadeToThrive; 07-13-2015 at 06:25 PM.
MadeToThrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:52 PM   #169  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi all! late check in !

Diana I had TOO much fun this weekend...now DH and I both are dealing with major water weight gain and we go to Vegas next week. I am doing South Beach phase one this week to bring it back in to check. It was in the 80's all weekend...very nice.

We did ride 29 miles on Saturday and hit the gym on Sunday, so at least there's that!

Menu so far:
b - egg substitute w/slice of jack cheese
s - string cheese, mixed nuts
l - turkey patty, broccoli
d - probably chicken sausage and lima beans

off to walk with DH!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:30 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Diana- happy birthday!! Hope it's a great one!

Today was better. The guy finally came to check out the fridge. I don't think it's fixable, but that thing is old anyway and should be replaced. Hopefully our landlord isn't as stingy as he seems...

Anyway, work wasn't bad. It was so hot and muggy today though (still is). The floor is so moist. Good news is I finally got my grant check though! I'm cashing it tomorrow and thinking of maybe buying a blendtech blender. They're pricey though, the cheapest is $270 :\ I miss having smoothies though, and they're really high quality blenders and are guarenteed for life.

Not much workout today, I had a really tough time falling asleep last night. Work was sweaty though (mostly from the humidity), and I did a 2 minute plank, 30 sit ups, and some pole workout.

B: oatmeal w/ banana (500)
L: tempeh with cooked spinach and tahini sauce, orange (1000)
D: pasta w/ onion and broccoli (1500)

I'm hoping on a jog tomorrow morning, so I want to be in bed early. Have a good day everyone!
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:50 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

RetroRabbit: I feel the hot and muggy! I am in the Ohio Valley area and it has been miserable here! 96 degrees with 105 degree indexes!

Syckgirlsfv: Wow 29 miles? That's a workout!

MadeToThrive: The bounce backs are awful and draining lol. Yey for 220!

Larry H: 4 lbs = amazing! Good for you!

Diana3271: That is great! Happy Early Birthday to you! We have a birthday party every year for all the kids. This year she decided to invite her whole t-ball team and her whole 1st grade class. This should be entertaining. A bunch of kids in 96 degree weather....in a picnic shelter...I'm thinking about buying a bunch of water guns and balloons. Luckily there is a water park close to where we will be at.

So that 2-6 time frame for our storms this afternoon was a bust! They have now moved it to overnight! 2 am - 4 am..BLAH! I'm really not wanting to be up that early in the morning..but I guess I will set an alarm and check to see where they are at around that time. I have weather alerts on my phone but I don't know how much I trust them lol. Hopefully it's all a big bust and I can sleep tonight! I did great on my eating today..and did a 20 minutes turbo jam workout! Everyone have a good night!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:01 PM   #172  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Hey! Pretty good day today.

W 149.?
B egg on toast, coffee w milk
L two slice homemade pizza, 2 plums
D veg, salad, feta, chicken sausage, frosted cosmopolitan x 2

Did my fav 8 mile hike and I felt so slow and heavy after cycling so much. Apparently cycling fitness does not = hiking fitness. I need to get more hikes in! I ordered a new seat for my bike and it was $$$. I hope it's a good one. Yikes! I also want a nice handlebar bag. More money. It's great my hubby is starting to get into it with me.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:10 PM   #173  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

We are going out for dinner on for my birthday this Friday. We are going to a pretty nice place. Nice enough that I have to dress nicer than my usual wear. I hate dressing up and live in jeans, t-shirts, and workout shoes. I have dressier clothes from when I got to my low back in '11 and '12. Those clothes don't fit now. I needed to buy something so I will feel nice. I also wanted something stylish. I don't do stylish. I looked this weekend but I felt so bloated and out of sorts. I went back out tonight and found a pair of pretty palazzo pants. I have never worn anything like that. They are mostly black but home some off white (the off white is vertical so to keep the eyes going up and down rather than side to side) and they are colorful at the bottom. They are stylish while keeping me in my comfort zone. The top is a cold shoulder top with lace insets on the side and is black. I also bought a pair of black patent sandals with a gold emblem on the top. Everything was on sale and I paid just under $55 for the whole thing. It's classy while being fun. I can't wait for my DH to see me in it. He's probably going to fall over since I don't dress like that.

Minnie Congrats on the pound!

Magistra Great job on the pound!

Nicholsfamily

Nicholsfamily We have been having storms for the last couple of hours here. ETA: I just saw your post. I hope the storms aren't too bad there. The party sounds fun!

Larry Good to see you check in. Glad you made it there safely.

Ana TTOM definitely makes you feel like that. Hopefully it won't take long to get into the 200's once that ends.

Kris Keep up the great work!

Syckgirlsfv Wow, 29 miles! Great job!

Retrorabbit Thank you. I'm glad today was a better day.

CoolMom New fitness stuff is always fun! I'm glad today was a good one.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:14 PM   #174  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories or less
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken, romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, mushrooms, blue cheese, boiled egg, BHF's Ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn
Old 07-14-2015, 12:38 AM   #175  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Diana enjoy your dinner on Friday! Get something you love and don't usually let yourself have

oh! forgot to say that DH and I decided to go back to Vegas in September just for pleasure...he wants to drive his new truck and not have to work while there. We are using the 2 comp nights MGM Grand gave us, so the room is free. YAY!

we walked 3 1/2 miles tonight before dinner.

Dinner was chicken sausage and lima beans (like I thought) I just love lima beans!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:25 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Today's weight: 190.0

B: whole wheat bagel w/butter, strawberries, coffee w/cream
L: artichoke hearts, handful of rosemary triscuits, Spicy V8,
S: handful of nut mix: almonds, walnuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds
D: artichoke and spinach quiche
D: vanilla caramel drumstick

E: none today, feet still tired from yesterday

Nicholsfamily keeping you in prayers. Hope you get to sleep tonight. How lovely that your daughter is turning 7. I still get emotional over my kids birthday's and they are all adults!

Diana Your new clothes sound wonderful! I can't wait to hear your DH's reaction!

Larry Nice to hear from you! Congratutlations on the 4 pound loss!

Ana Taking measurements is a good idea. I have taken my measurements and I double check them when I don't think my scale is telling me the truth. Of course loose clothing tells all.

MadeToThrive I love the brutal honesty of small children. Your grandchildren's comments made me laugh.

Syckgirl Good job on your day!

Coolmom That is nice that your husband will bike ride with you. My DH and I used to ride bikes together too. Maybe we will get back into it someday.

Last edited by magistra17; 07-14-2015 at 01:26 AM.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:49 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Well luckily the storms last night were a bust. So I was only up for about 45 minutes during the night checking the radar and stuff! Woke up this morning and checked my weight and its 178.4. I got down to 177 Saturday and now it bounced back up to 178...and hasn't left! I don't know what is going on. Oh well.. to me when I look in the mirror I feel like I look like I'm losing inches so that counts...right?

Ok so I'm proud to announce that yesterday I got my acceptance letter and I will be attending graduate school this year. My final year of college. I'm so happy!

TTYL.
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:54 AM   #178  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Nicholsfamily We got all of your storms! It started about 7:30 last night but didn't end until 3 or 4 this morning. Cody was not a happy puppy. Congrats on the acceptance letter!

Last night I added on: Sedentary Stretch from Perfect in 10 Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 174.6 (TTOM - feeling better this morning)
No Change

Have a great day!
Old 07-14-2015, 09:45 AM   #179  
Trying to live below 200

So I mentioned earlier that I turn into somewhat of an airhead during TTOM. Those crazy hormones really fog my brain. I went to my email and marked all of my emails as spam and deleted them. I meant to just mark as read. I don't normally do that sort of thing. I took everything in the spam box and trash box and moved to the inbox. I will deal with it later. Now I will need to watch the spam box for stuff that should be in the inbox. I hate closing out my monthly books during TTOM. Everything takes twice as long. (If I want to get it right. )
Old 07-14-2015, 10:17 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 307/293/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Todays Stats

Good morning all-

Missed a couple of days- busy weekend..

307/286/165

Happy Day 21 lbs down

Good luck all
julie1973 is offline   Reply With Quote