Old 08-08-2006, 02:38 PM   #196  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Hi Girls!

You've been a busy bunch again today, so great to see! I got so-so sleep. Stayed up late watching episodes of season 1 of Lost with dh, got ready for bed around 2am and usually takes me a good 30 min. to get my brain to slow down ...sure enough around 3am "Tatoo" from upstairs comes home with a bunch of people. Where do they go, but out to the balcony! Just as I had started drifting is when they show up and someone drags a chair across the ground up there so it's ultra loud where I'm at. Ack! So of course I'm up now and listening to them. Thankfully they weren't out there all that long, but dammit they woke me up AGAIN!!!! We tried calling security; their lines were turned off! WTH???? Luckily it got quiet sooner than later or I'd have called the police. So I ended up being awake til darn near 5am. Down with condo/apt. living!!!!

Anna, thanks for the support. 1 pound is 1 pound, I guess? Trying to be excited about it, but somehow in the grand scheme of things and you know you've got over 110+ to lose, and only 1 leaves??? somehow have a hard time getting all warm and fuzzy inside.

Elycia, I wish you nothing but the best for your interview! I know you'll do great. I can certainly relate not feeling great about your appearance. I HATE the way I look in clothes, out of clothes, anything! Just kills me how some of this heavier women can pull off some really beautiful looks and I'm left looking like frumpy & dumpy. I think alot of it has to do with that for as long as I've been so heavy I REFUSE to spend the money on clothes for myself. I hope that today you are feeling better and yes, definitely being kind to yourself! Let us know how your interview goes!

Aqua, I REALLY hope you've gone to the dr. and are not waiting a moment longer! I'm worried about you hon, please keep us posted!!!!

Amanda, I cant believe how much problems you're having with your cable provider! I HATE our cable, we've got a start up of some kind that is contracted with this property and we are not "allowed" to get anything else. We didnt realize this of course til after we'd signed our first lease. It sux!!!
You just keep hanging onto those jeans of yours girly, you'll be wearing them before you know it AND shopping for more! I'm with you too, when I reach 199, it's definitely gonna cost dh some bucks! Love that!

Kenya, you just keep on dancing girl. Dance yourself all the way down to goal if that's how ya wanna do it! Good for you! Oh, and as for that housework? It can wait til you're done shakin your tailfeathers, I'm tellin you!

Britt, I hope you got your furniture all moved. Nothing like waiting til the last minute, is there? That is my life! Do the best you can with cooking stuff for now, but there is going to come a time when you are really going to need to take the time for YOU to do it right and cook great for yourself! I know how hectic your life must be with school, etc. Just don't put yourself last anymore either is all I'm saying!

Melissa, you made me giggle about your comments to Elycia about cute toes! I DO have cute toes! That is probably the one thing I like about my body! Hey, never said I was the queen of positive self-reinforcement yet, but I'm slowly learning to find things I like about myself! A work in progress! I've watched the informercials for Michael Thurmond, he's got a great work ethic for sure. Not sure I could follow his plan either, but I'm glad you found some great info. I cannot believe the stuff about the eliptical!! That is big news! Now, Denise Austin is a whole other story, that woman just gets on my nerves! At least you didnt have to hear her while you read! HA! Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will find success!

Well, it's time to get cleaned up and get going. I'm playing the role of chauffer today for DD, like I've got nothing else better to do!? Sure I do if you wanna think laundry, housework.....nah, didn't think so!

Be good to you!
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #197  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Looks to me like those are the facts for 1/4 cup of the muffin mix, what I would do is figure out how many calories in the whole package....5x170 = 850 calories, then add calories for one egg which is about 80 calories and 1/4 c milk is about 25 calories (skim) so thats....

955 calories if you ate the whole package. So divide that by the number of muffins you make and it should be pretty close.

Hope that helps some!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:28 PM   #198  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Dang blasted Comcast!!!

The repair guy is finally there. Those people at the cable company lie so much. First they said the problem at our apartment, then they said our area, then it was an internal problem and now it's at our apartment again. I hate them. Unfortunately they have Detroit sewn up for cable television. I'd like to just cancel it, but my husband won't go without Fox News or boxing. Our building won't let us get a satellite because they'd have to drill through the bricks. I am, however, going to drop them for internet service. I've already ordered AT&T service for both my dsl and phone. So at least we won't be at Comcast's mercy for those two things. My poor husband can't enjoy his vacation because he's had to be tied at home for three days.
This is just so dumb. We live on the edge of the city. If we lived half a mile west, we'd be in another city and have another provider. Oh well, the boundary has to be somewhere I suppose.

I'm glad to see so many people posting today. Isn't it just great?!

Anna - Relax girl! You've certainly earned it.

Mia - Mowing the lawn? Walking the dogs? It's all exercise and it all counts.

Danielle - Dang blasted Tattoo!!! What the heck is wrong with those people?
I've never seen more than a few minutes of Lost, but I heard it was really good. BTW, I'm definitely keeping those shorts!

Elycia - Good luck with the interview!!!

Aqua - Please check in when you can. We want to know what the doctor said.

This really sweet lady at my job brought me a coffee can filled with beautiful flowers from her garden. There are ants all over the place! Plus, now my eyes sockets hurt, my throat tickles and I'm itching. I don't know if I'm itching from ant bites, pollen or just because I know the ants are here! Will I get rid of the flowers? Heck no! I love them and she was really sweet to bring them to me. I'll have to find my Benedryl tomorrow and bring in some ant spray.

I'll check in later!
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #199  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Amanda that really is a bummer about your cable. Even bigger bummer is dh being tied to the house on his vacation! Well at least you'll be able to stay with us at home too using your new dsl provider! Woo hoo! I have never shopped at VS in my life, but you better believe I'm gonna when I lop off some of this weight! in the newer mall out here there is a huge VS that is packed with tons of beautiful things. I can't wait!
Sorry about the ants. That was really nice of her to bring you flowers. I bet you've got the heebie-jeebies since you saw the ants. I know I would! Or, do you have bad allergies? I hope you can keep enjoying the flowers they make
me smile.

Mia, hello! Your recipe looks like its 5 servings total? Looks like ti would be 170 cal for 1/5 of thee whole? I am really bad about reading recipes/labels so hopefully someone will rescue both of us on this one! how is the rest of your day going?
Old 08-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #200  
Melissa

LOL, oh Amanda, you are really having a day of it arent you. good grief!! A nice gesture bringing flowers but ugh! I hope you are finding a little relief this afternoon.

~melissa
Old 08-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #201  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Hi MIa,
Okay 850 for the entire box and if you got 5 muffins made each would be 170 calories.
this already includes the milk and egg in the serving calorie size.

NOw if you can actually make 6 muffins out of the box and make a nice half dozen each muffin would only be 142 calories. YEAH that sounds so much nicer

Anyways, hope this helps.
Anna
flawlesscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #202  
Melissa

I dont think they include ingredients you have to add to a package of muffins. I'm pretty sure that the mix is without the addins so you have to add that in. Because these nutrition labels have to have a certain degree of accuracy and they cant know if you are gonna use whole milk or skim or if you use egg substitute or extra jumbo eggs. Anything you add to a product you have to add in those calories first.

think of a pudding box, they tell you the nutrition facts of just the package (as packaged) and then it specifically says....1/2 C prepared with fat free milk and give you those nutrition facts.

so you'd take the 850 calories for the whole box of muffin mix, add the egg (80 calories), add the milk (25 calories) for 955 total calories for the entire package of Prepared muffins. Then depending on how many muffins you make that will tell you how many calories are in each muffin...roughly anyway it wont be exact since it isnt exactly measured.

~melissa

Last edited by Hun.e.B; 08-08-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:09 PM   #203  
Danielle-Red Team Member

well I'm glad there's someone on here with a brain! Someone figure out these muffins for the poor girl so she can eat them in peace! LOL

Anna, how's the rest of your day been? I can't believe it's almost time for you to go back to the grind, where did this week go???

Hope everyone else is having a great Tuesday!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:52 PM   #204  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello all. I'm back online!!

Good gracious, I was posting so much at work. Now that I'm at home I have nothing to talk about.

Danielle - Sometimes I'm bothered by pollen and fresh cut grass. I think I'll be ok though. The flowers are so beautiful. I'm bothered more by the ants!
If you have a new, big beautiful VS, buy many pretty things there as soon as you can!! I plan to enjoy the end of the year sale this time. I'm determined to be ready for it!!

Melissa - Whew, yes! It's been quite a week. But things are starting to look up.

Mia, I hope you got a chance to enjoy your muffins.

Hey does anyone watch Celebrity Fit Club? Of course I missed the first episode over the weekend because of my cable, but I plan to watch a rerun of it. I'm one of the few people who admit to having watched Flavor of Love. I just thought it was the funniest thing ever.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:21 PM   #205  
oh to be this graceful

Hi Amanda,
Yes I watch it also, I liked most of the seasons so far but was dissappointed in season 2 the end anyways., did you catch the follow up they did last week of were they are now now that they are off the show for a couple ofmonths. pretty cool. Sorry to here about the ants but i am sure the flowers are beautiful. what a wonderful gesture. I brought some lillies into work last week but minus the spider i found on them . icky

Danielle, vacation was great. got to do a few things unexpected and finished the room i was working on. happy week. not ready to go back to work, got used to sleeping at night. tomorrow should be interesting when i try and nap in the afternoon

Have a great night everyone
Anna
Old 08-08-2006, 10:35 PM   #206  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Hi Amanda! I'm so glad you're with us in the evenings now. Um, yeah, pretty much have made dh promise to get a credit card for VS as soon as I'm ready. Trust me, it wasn't very hard!

WellAnna we're gonna miss you being around more often, now that work is gonna start getting in the way again. I'm glad that you did have a great week off tho, seems like you got a lot done along with some fun!
Old 08-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #207  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

lol I LOVE FLAVOR OF LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:45 AM   #208  
Melissa

LOL...dont tell anyone but I watch Flavor of Love too! I'll never admit to it later though. I'm not sure about any of you but if I poo'd on someones floor I would leave immediately and send someone else for my bags later! LOL...ugh! Only on Flav I tell ya!

And I watch Celebrity fit Club too. Kinda nice to see Carny Wilson on there, and Tina Yothers and the Baywatch girl those are the ones I really hope to see succeed.

Okay my girls just figured out that the fish died so we are off to have a funeral! I hope everyone is ready to have a fantastic Wednesday!!

~melissa
Old 08-09-2006, 01:57 AM   #209  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Ok, I confess, I watched Flavor of Love last season. It was like an accident, you couldn't help but keep watching! I am such a sucker for reality tv tho, it really is pathetic. and to think it all started way back when the first season of the Real World came out! Man, I do feel old!

Celebrity Fit Club has the heaviest people on to date for this season. Should be interesting to watch. I hope they're all successful. Does anybody watch Biggest Loser? Now there is some major motivation! If that can't get you excited to want to lose weight, I don't know what will.

Hoping for a quiet night, altho there are quite a few people upstairs still. My mood is somewhat fragile at the moment after I overheard a conversation the guy above us was having while standing on his balcony with another neighbor who happened to be going by. I missed the beginning but mainly they sat there complaining about what a bad job they though the HOA was doing, regarding various thing on the property such as certain amenties,etc. Now granted, he was standing out there talkin at the top of his lungs but I was doing my darndest to play Nancy Drew. All a sudden I hear him start to talk about us and basically denying all the complaints, saying we're impossible to get along with. The kicker is that he told this other guy how much he has altered his lifestyle to keep us happy. What? Did I miss something somewhere! I couldn't believe it! He then just went on telling him in detail of all the complaints and how he was sick of it all, etc. He flat out feels like we are doing this to get them. Yes, that's it exactly! I live for those 4am moments so I cn get on the phone and "tattle" on them making up stuff! He's found me out girls. I'm sorry, I know I'm blabbering on like an idiot but this guy is really under my skin now. This happened hours ago and I am still stewing about it. I was so upset after it happened I couldn't even eat my dinner. Why does this have to be so hard?? All I want is a quiet place to live, raise my kids in peace & quiet.

Alright, shutting up now and going to veg in front of the tube for awhile.

See you in the morning!
Old 08-09-2006, 06:59 AM   #210  
oh to be this graceful

Oh Danielle,

I can't believe they are still up to there high school mentality. Too bad your not getting this on recorder. Good luck girl, I just wish there was something else i could say. You are right about wanting to raise your kids in a normal environment. I guess his normal is a bit different then ours.
Anna