Old 08-05-2006, 05:22 AM   #121  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Good Morning Ladies

Have a wonderful new day and take care of yourselves
IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME
One more thing, I want to thank you ladies for being here and supporting one another, We are all working at such a wonderful goal, So before you start thinking about all the things that have to be done today, take a minute and remember YOU ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL
Anna
flawlesscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:52 AM   #122  
oh to be this graceful

Okay so I can't sleep right now, I was reading the curves handbook for women last night. Found it in a garage sale this summer and am really liking the meal plans, simple and easy for me plus i like the idea of eating 6 times a day, one problem they have alot of cottage cheese or portions of dairy along the way that are confusing to me as I am lactose intolerant, hmmm will have to work on rewriting this menu . ( I still haven't found that veggie cheese that was talked about earlier. My SO and I are hopefully going to the fair today after I get the floor done.

Elycia, wow I have some reading to do, thanks for the sites. I know about those sometimer neighbors although i think someone got to mine a couple of weeks ago as they have been really good lately. They have good hearts i believe although they like to party it up.

Oh and the heat is finally breaking here in WI, only in the low 80's yesterday, yahooo

Mia, what does your name mean? Gahmilia? beautiful. I hope today is a bit better for you in the points area. I don't follow WW, so I am no help sorry. and what is a turbo jam? I am so confused I love ebay , found a rowing machine for $100 instead of what they wanted in the store, though since it is in storage right now i don't think it is doing me much good

Amanda sorry to hear about the cable company, they can be pretty frustrating so I hear. I live to far out for that and have satellite. hears to a better day for you. Btw it was my Grandfather Bday oops,

Danielle, glad it is a little quieter on the home front. love your nick for the guy Tattoo. pitbill, awww they are so cute at that age, IMO , neighbor lady has one and she is such a bundle of joy

Okay I really need to get soemthing done this morning, talk to you all later
Anna
Old 08-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #123  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone, I'm just checking in after three (I think?) days of silence. Can you tell the Wednesday-Friday stretch is hectic for me? Sometimes I have Fridays off and work Saturdays instead, so I can never really predict when I'll be around. But this weekend I have tons of homework to get done so of course here I am, procrastinating.

I thought I'd check in, though, just to see how you're all doing. Elycia, congratulations on discovering a plan that will work for you! I think exercising daily is a really good plan, especially for people like me who find it much easier to let exercise slide once they've taken two days off in a row. Then again, I'm not much feeling like it today after taking yesterday (my one day a week) off, so I guess I need to light that fire under myself again.

I'm doing the August points challenge here on the board, though, and that's a good motivator to stick with my plan. Although after several days of losing steadily, my weight is starting to creep back up *again*. Only 6 ounces so far, but I'm still frustrated. I'm trying not to be, but you know how that goes. The scale can be your best friend or your worst enemy, I suppose.

I'm still plugging away, though. Speaking of which, I need to go find some breakfast and then I should work out and get on with that homework. That paper isn't going to write itself. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend (and a lot more fun than I'm going to be having!).
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #124  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Hello guys:

I haven't gotten to read anything yet, but I was wondering since we are over here with all of these check-ins, do we want to just keep 1 big thread or what? I know it is going to get really long, but I see that so are most of the threads here. Does it matter? I don't know, I just wanted to ask you guys.

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #125  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Hello Sunshines!!

How is my favorite bunch doing on this beautiful Saturday?!? Hopefully everyone is doing well and enjoying time with their families, SO's, furbabies, whatever! Can you believe that we are almost out of summer and headed to fall??? I cannot believe that in a few short months it will be time to start with all the holidays again. Where does the time go????

Elycia, hows that exercising going? Are you having luck having it help you with the eating portion of your plan?? I wish you nothing but the best lady!
Never in my life have I experienced neighbors like these people! It was certainly a shock, I thought for sure I was being petty and ridiculous in the beginning...matter of fact, there were about 2 weeks where we just lived with the noise because I thought it was just me! Luckily my kids were visiting their grandparents in California at the time, so it didnt affect them. But wow! After so many weeks you can only take so much and came to realize that I wasn't able to live in my own home, my nerves were so shot. Now, the new people who moved in right next door? At first I thought they were going to be more trouble just by the way they started moving in..but they are complete opposite of what I thought. They are the sweetest couple, not to mention they've got a precious little dd about 6. Nice to see a smiling face around here! We've been here for 3 years and have yet to meet one nice neighbor! Thanks for the sites you posted, I know someone will find value in those!

Anna, aw you're so sweet! You're beautiful too chicky!!!! I love love love pitbulls, they're my favorite breed. My sister has an Amstaff that we lived with for over a year and he is just amazing. As fas as anything in that breed is just adorable. We're looking into getting one soon, but I want a puppy! How's that room coming along? Enjoy time with your SO today, drink lots of water and stay safe!

thistoo, great to see you today!!!! I'm sorry about all the homework you got going on, that is a bummer, especially on the weekend! I hope you get thru it without too much trouble. Good luck with your points challenge, I know you will do great!!! Don't worry about your weight, you are doing an awesome job and it will reflect!!!!

Girls have a lovely afternoon!!!! I will CBL after I get some stuff done around here!!!

Be good!

♥danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:57 PM   #126  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello everyone! I hope its okay if i jump in with you. I know Danielle from years past when we both lost tons of weight doing Slimfast. I've been skimming through pages of your posts and you all seem like amazing women, I'd love to be a part of your group too!

A little about myself. I was a tiny girl growing up, didnt break 100 lbs till i was a sophmore in highschool. After graduating I was 130 lbs and thought if i could just lose 5 lbs I'd be perfect. Well over the past 16 years I've dieted my way to about 240 lbs..not sure what the official weight is right now. Yes I've lost, and gained, and lost some and gained some more. But I was always sabotaging myself.....with Danielle's help I had a HUGE lightbulb moment today. I finally see clearly why I'm having such a hard time getting on track and feeling better about myself. I'm hoping I can keep working through that and get myself on track to being fit and healthy once and for all!

My name is Melissa, I've been married to my highschool sweatheart for 14 years come October. We have 2 beautiful girls, ages 11 and 7. I'm a fulltime student at the University of Montana (GO Griz!) majoring in Business Management - Accounting, I've got 1 1/2 years left! School starts for me August 26th and for my girls after labor day so I've got a little bit of summer left to attempt to fit into the desk at school. I tell myself every single semester that I'm going to lose weight so its not so hard fitting in. Its not easy being 33 and overweight and all my "peers" are 20 something skinny lil things! LOL!

Thats my little story for now. I hope to be able to get to know everyone better on our way to being fitter and healthier! Thanks for reading!! Have a fantastic weekend everyone!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:59 PM   #127  
oh to be this graceful

okay i am at a lose for how to post pics, do i need to use photobucket or something? i finished the room, yeah, and bruised my heel in the process, ouch guess i get to spend the rest of the vacation resting, hmm should have been doing that in the first place.

Danielle, yes they are such cuties, my Yoda is a bassett hound mix with german shepard mixed. just adorable, have had him about 5 years now and he is so awesome, my boy.

Welcome Mellissa, Have a great weekend and hope to hear from you soon. You'll rock against the 20 year old skinnies, because you'll be one of the 30 year old skinnies before you know it and all that life experience has to count for something right?

Elycia, a long thread is fine with me, i see one of them on here is about 3,000 posts long so i guess it is up to you decisions decisions. Have yourslef a great weekend.
Anna
Old 08-05-2006, 03:28 PM   #128  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Melissa, I'm so glad you posted!! All of these girls have so much to contribute and have made this thread an amazing place for support! It's truly remarkable how quickly we all came together too, just wait, you'll see! You know you will do this, beat this thing! You want it too bad! Loved your lightbulb moment today, just fabulous!!!

Anna, so sorry to hear about your heel! Ouchie!!!!! As far as pictures I am of no use, I'm sure one of the other girls will know for sure. Awww, your doggy sounds precious. I had been contemplating a bulldog for the longest time but came to the realization that my heart is truly with a pitbull breed.

Where is everyone? Post up and fill us in girls!

♥danielle
Old 08-05-2006, 04:27 PM   #129  
Caroline

I'm checking back in on another study break. Thankfully this is the last week of summer session. I just wish I had a little longer before fall semester starts.

Elycia, I think a single thread is just fine. It's kind of awesome that we're a whole support group category on our own so soon! I'm very glad you suggested this group, it's been wonderful so far.

Anna, you need someplace to store photos, yes. Photobucket is not the most reliable, from what I hear, but I have webspace that I pay for so what do I know. Flickr is a good place to post photos according to a friend of mine, so you might try them. They make it pretty easy to upload your pictures, and then all you have to do is click that little picture of the mountain on the top of the message window and tell it the url of your photo. It's pretty simple once you figure it out the first time. I'm terrible at explaining technical things in writing but I will try to be more helpful if you get stuck.

Melissa, welcome to the group, I'm glad Danielle talked you into posting : ) I just turned 34 and I'm a student too, though my last semester starts on August 28. I'm finishing my Masters in Library Science, but I'm doing the whole thing online, partly to avoid having to show up at a class and fit in skinny girl-sized chairs. It's a shame how much I've let my weight dictate what I do and don't do in recent years, which is most of the reason I'm here trying to change that!

Montana is so beautiful, you lucky thing. I lived in South Dakota for awhile, and Minnesota as well, though, so I know you pay for all that beauty with long, long winters. Anyway, welcome, and I hope you stick around.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:16 PM   #130  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Oh Caroline, I gotta tell you I thouroughly enjoyed reading your journal. Girl, can you write, or what? I LOVED your thoughts on cleavage and the plus sized clothing!! Shot water out my nose on your "face it fatty" comments! ... i'm laughing so hard right now just thinking about it, I cantt type! I hope you don't mind I read it, but gosh, I feel like I really got to know you. You're amazing!!!
Old 08-05-2006, 05:25 PM   #131  
Caroline

Thanks, Danielle! No, of course I don't mind, I put the link in my signature, after all : ) And I never turn down lovely compliments! Sorry about the nose-water thing, though. Ow!! The way I figure it, if we don't have a sense of humor about this stuff it will just drag us down, and that's not a place I want to be anymore. Plus, talking about it in public keeps me accountable. Now if school will just let up, I can post in my journal again!
Old 08-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #132  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Well I'm definitely anxious to hear what else you have to say, you're very insightful. I am thinking about doing a journal, but not sure if I want it to be public. Altho', that may be just what keeps me honest! Thanks so much for the humor, we really need it in the fight we're in, don't we?

How's that schoolwork going? I sure don't envy you sweetie, but I know you're gonna do great.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #133  
Caroline

I've actually gotten a lot of work done today, though I haven't started the paper that's due Thursday yet. That's my big plan for tomorrow. Fun times.

I find journaling to be very cathartic whether you do it in public or private. For me public works best because that way I can interact with other people. If I'm just talking to myself I tend to get lazy and stop doing it, so posting someplace like Livejournal keeps me motivated to talk about it.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:17 PM   #134  
On my way...

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hello Girls! It's been quite a while since I've dropped in, but I just got done reading the (MANY!!!) posts that I've missed. Let's see how much I can remember...

u2girl--so glad to see that your power is back up and insurance will pick up the tab for your spoiled food. When we rented, we were sure to have renters insurance, too, although many people don't have it. Can we see some more pics of your girls? They are too precious!

Amany--you are so insightful! It seems like almost everything you've said has made total sense to me and is a lot of the same feelings that I have!

thistoo--you've lived in SD?!?!? That's home sweet home to me! I do see that you're smart enought to move away from the extreme heat/extreme cold though!

Sugar-n-spice--I've also been contemplating starting a blog for my weight loss journey as well. But, in reality, since I can't hardly find any time to post here, I don't think I would use it enough to actually be beneficial for me. I'll keep thinking on that!

Anna--you're quite the remodeler, eh? We're planning on finishing our basement this winter...I'll be asking YOU for advice

To everybody else that I've missed--I'm so glad to see that this group is forming such a bond. I hope to be more of a regular and not just a fly-by-night poster soon.

As for me, I'm a little confused. I've been steadily losing 1.5lb per week for the past 10wks by diet alone. I count calories. This week I started exercising (just walking for about 30-40min) and now my weight is creeping up I don't get it! I'm still within calorie ranges (1300-1500, usually closer to 1300) everyday, but yet my body doesn't know it. My official weigh in is on Tues, so hopefully things will be straightened out by then!

OK, gotta go check on the wee one...she's not feeling so hot today. I really hope it's just teething and not something else.

Take care!
~Stacy
phoxiekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #135  
Caroline

Hey Stacy, welcome back : ) I lived on the Air Force Base near Rapid City my last year of high school. My father was in the military at the time so I didn't get a vote, but I really enjoyed my time in SD. It's beautiful and everyone's so friendly out there. I'm not that crazy about Florida, to be honest, but once I'm done with school I'll try to find a happy medium between 100% humidity and frigid cold!

I imagine you're not really gaining weight. Your muscles are probably just hanging onto water right now while they get used to being used in new ways. It'll start dropping again before you know it. Don't give up on exercising, it'll help in the long run. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway!

Last edited by thistoo; 08-05-2006 at 10:26 PM.