Old 08-07-2006, 07:10 PM   #181  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good afternoon ladies!! My daughter has been monopolizing the computer all day, drives me nuts! I think I'm gonna have to invest in a laptop for myself. Its a scorcher out today...whew! Mia, I need to get my lawn done too but the heat keeps me from it! Excellent exercise, great job getting it done!

Britt...I've not heard of what you are talking about but I wouldnt ignore it, especially if they are painful.

Mia...you are about to win that onederland lottery! Keep up the good work!

Danielle...so glad you guys had a good night with the neighbors! I'll keep my fingers crossed those keep happening! Ah, the dreaded school shopping. Not looking forward to that but at least I've got a few weeks yet to think about it. I hope you guys had fun today! Congrats on the loss!!! I'm so proud of you! No need to be afraid, I'm right there holding your hand! You arent alone in this! And you deserve all the amazing things that are going to come from this!

Amanda...you go for that 130!!! there are always going to be people out there who want to keep you down. Because if you are at a lesser level than you want to be then that makes them feel higher...if that makes sense! I'm sorry you had to deal with that but dont let it stop you! You know what you want...who cares if the average woman is size 12....why be average when you can be OUTSTANDING!!!

Elycia...you've been very inciteful today and I think you are so right! The outside very often does reflect the inside. I used to always say, I'm not unhappy because I'm fat, I'm fat because I'm unhappy. If you can figure out what it is thats making you unhappy (or cluttered as you put it) you can make those changes you need to get happy again. I feel the same way you do though, I go out and see overweight women who are really pretty, they look very nice, its as if Fat agrees with them. I dont have that look. The weight doesnt look good on me no matter how dressed up I am. I enjoyed your post today...keep looking within!

Well, I suppose I should go get something figured out for dinner. We were supposed to go to a baseball game tonight but I'm not really feeling like it. Hotdogs, chips and soda for dinner? Plus it looks like it might rain, although that could be smoke from the fires too. At any rate...have a wonderful evening all!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:13 PM   #182  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

Elycia i know how you feel. i'm only 20 years old and i'm over 300 lbs. i mean girls my age are supposed to be in daisy dukes and even being a lil slutty. well not really the slutty part but most have atleast had sex. I on the other hand havent and its been simply because i dont want anyone to see me naked. And i strongly agree with you. i give the excuse all the time that i cant cook, which is true but really i dont try to learn to cook either. so i order something. tonight for example i have finals tomorrow and the next day and then i leave to go home for a week or so. well thats my excuse to order food and not go grocery shopping and end up wasting food. i wish i had something or someone to kick me in the butt ever time i started to screw up. anyways enough venting or whatever.

I have a question for you ladies, have you ever tried slim in 6? i met people that use it and lost it. the only problem with that is most of these women were only like 170 so i dont know how great its going to be for someone as fat as i am. anyways hope everyone has a great night.
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:17 PM   #183  
just me

oh ya i totally forgot. it looks like december of 07 i'm going to australia for a month and i'm staying in the town that my "boy toy" lives in. its a long story and the short version is i met him when i was 16. he was on vacation in mexico in the town that i lived in for 10 years, and he basically does everything i tell him too lol. so yeah i figured for my 21st my b-day present to myself would be to go and have someone to spend new years with. so now i have ever more encouragment to look good in a bikini, even if i have to dump him and find another cute australian lol love yaz
Old 08-07-2006, 11:27 PM   #184  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Hello again ladies:

I am about to turn in for the night and saw there were a few more posts, so I decided to type out a quick message.

Danielle, thanx for letting me know that you understand. I hear what you are saying about being kinder to yourself. I am trying to do that, but just felt disgusted when I saw myself in that full length mirror. I am a very shapely girl when of normal weight and these days you would never be able to tell. I almost forgot myself. My girlfriends and I are going to Hawaii in February 08 and I really want that slim trim figure back by then. I've got plenty of time. Anyways, thanx for the positive words and understanding. You are a real sweetie.

Amanda, I hear ya about being upset about the 130 weight. People don't want you to succeed and be everything that you can be. Why should you settle at 170 when you want to be 130? You are doing so great with losing 12 lbs and you are on your way. Keep coming to our check-in and don't let those naysayers get you down. What size jeans will that make you? You are going to FABU!!

Melissa, I'm glad that you understand what I mean about not looking good fat. I'm one of those people that no business being fat. Not only do I not look good, but I have no idea how to dress. I guess because I am not comfortable at this weight, I just buy temporary clothes. Rubber waisted shorts and pants. Big shirts, ya know. I really hate dressing like this, but I don't really know how else to dress. But like you mentioned I have seen some ladies that are fat or overweight and their makeup is beautiful and they are dressed nice and they look great. I know that I should have confidence no matter what size, but I just don't. Maybe that is where I need to start. Like Danielle said, be kinder to myself and love myself a little more. It's just hard when you have a family and so many responsibilities. I'll figure it out. Thanx!

Brat, it's hard to get your mind set isn't it? Well, you have got a goal in mind, so that is good. Short term goals are a good way to get started. I mean it doesn't really matter what gets you started, as long as you get started. Austrailia sounds awesome! I have never been there, but definitely a place that I would love to visit one day. Don't think that Daisy Dukes stop in the 20's! Best believe that when I get to goal, I will have my shorts on showing off my new figure. It's going to take awhile and we will have ups and downs (it can be all in one day as you can see from my posts today), but it will happen if we just hang in there and keep focused.

Well, I better go to bed. I will check in this morning. Thanx guys! I really appreciate this group and I hope that we remain solid and strong.

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:15 AM   #185  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Morning Ladies, and wow what a wonderful sunrise,

Whoo Danielle congrats on the pound lost

Brat I have to agree with you a little but even at my weight I have a pair of daisy duke shorts. no i don't wear them in public but I do for gardening and around the house, I like the feel of them. Though I am looking forward to getting a smaller pair.

Brit sorry I haven't heard of that either unless it is a type of boil . Should be looked at and with it being painful it may need antibiotics. But get it checked out for your own piece of mind. Good to see you found your way over here.

Melissa, laughing at your daughter monopolizing the computer. My problem is when my mom comes over and plays computer games for hours on end and she tries to beat her high scores. I can't get on for like 5-6 hours. too funny

Well ladies. its the last day of vacation and I feel good about it. I am going to wait a few days before i weigh again as with TOM and the fair It looks like i may have gained 2 pounds back. and I am really have not been as active with not working right now.
Have a wonderful day

Elycia, just wanted to say it has been great to read your posts since you have been back this week. Hawaii sounds wonderful and you girl are going to rock the beaches. I am so thrilled that this group has turned out this way. It is my first stop in the morning to read online , even before dear abby now.
Anna
flawlesscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:02 AM   #186  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

It has been hard for me to find this thread again I am so excited about everyone's weight loss. Keep up the good work everyone.

Elycia- Hawaii.. that is so funny. My family and I are going in June 07! It will be for our tenth anniversary, a family vacation, and for me finally getting finish with nursing school. We are going to renew our vows on the beach. I am really looking forward to it. I am sure you will have a great time as well. Also congrats on the weight loss.

Amanda- I agree with Elycia. Try not to let negative people get to you. Girl you are going to look great at 130! Keep up the good work!

Brat -- I can't wait until I get my first pair of daisy dukes I think it would be funny if I could ever wear a pair

Anna -I hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Melissa- We have the same problem in our house with computers It is so funny because we always say we need a computer for each on of us.

I plan on dancing and reading today. Opps I forgot I need to do laundry and housework also. Looks like I will be busy... Have a great day ladies and again congrats to everyone on all the weight loss success people have had!
rkrs6673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:37 AM   #187  

Hey sweeties!

I'm still lingering, I just don't feel well at all. I'm going to have to call my doctor today. I think this might have something to do with the heart surgery I had a few months ago. I am so short of breath, I was up almost all night. Could be due to healing of the heart ( then again maybe it's a chest cold ), but it isn't worth not checking on it. It's over strenuous for me just to walk to the front door. You might not see me much for a day or two. I still love you all, I'm just laying down.

See you soon!

- Aqua
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:28 AM   #188  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

You all are just so great. Thank you for all your support and allowing me to vent. I definitely will go for 130. I guess I shouldn't let people make me that irritated about what my goals are. The person from yesterday won't be the last one, will she? Eventually I will probably just have to get used to it. In fact, I'm sure most of us will encounter such people.

Melissa - One of my friends was just complaining to me about her 14 year old daughter. She was on her cell phone, the house phone and then she was trying to rush her mother off the computer because one of her friends had sent her an instant message. lol Kids are a demanding bunch aren't they?

Brat - I've never heard of Slim in 6. Is it some type of 6 week program or something? I understand about wanting to feel sexy. I think most woman do. We love to feel sensual. Have fun on your trip to Australia. I would love to have traveled the way you have (and are going to). Don't get overwhelmed by the cooking. Maybe just get some veggies for salad and some canned tuna sometimes. Or (even though it's cooking) broil some chicken breasts. All you'd really need for seasoning is a little salt and pepper. You can also microwave frozen veggies. Maybe try some oatmeal and skim milk. Or some other type of cereal and skim milk for breakfast? Fresh fruit? I'm sure there are many options for the cooking impaired.

Elycia - Try not to feel too down. I was rushing to leave yesterday afternoon and I didn't get to respond the way I would have like to. I agree with you that our physical appearence is often a reflection of our lives. Or vice-versa. I think the key is to take small, meaningful changes instead of overwhelming ourselves and possibly setting ourselves up for failure.
Gosh do I understand not liking your appearance. And being shocked by it. Do you remember the day I caught a sideview of myself while I was sitting down and started freaking out? It's still not a pretty sight! But I know that if we all just really keep plugging away at it, one day at a time, we'll all reach our goals. I can't tell you how much I want all of us to be successful. Not just myself.

Aqua - Where are you chicky?? I hope you're feeling better. Check in with us, ok?

Well, I'd better go. By the way I'm still fighting with Comcast. They are just so awful! I just want to get rid of them all together. I am a Fox News junkie, but I just don't need cable that doggone bad. Not to keep putting up with this crap! I'd rather just use Yahoo / Sbc dsl. But my husband reminded me that we'd then probably have to get a land line phone and change our phone number. I left a message for the lady that manages our apartment building to see if we're allowed to get satellite. We'll see...
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #189  

I didn't see your post Aqua. I was typing on and off when I got a moment. Please, please, please go to the doctor. Don't put it off any longer. Let us know what happens.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:53 AM   #190  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Default Elycia - 8/8

Morning ladies:

Hopefully everyone is starting today with a positive outlook. That is my goal. I've got another interview today. It is part time at a doctor's office. I'm going to be positive and say it going to be great day and a great interview! I'll let you guys know. I still haven't heard back from the one from last week. The storms pushed everything back so it may be a while before I hear anything 1 way or another.

Brat, I forgot that you had asked about SI6. Uh, it is okay. You have know my personality. I have a ton of workout videos and it's that way for a reason. I can't stand doing the same workout over and over. I need variety. SI6 is in stages and you workout 6 days per week. There is 1 workout that you start out with and you do it for 1 or 2 weeks depending on your fitness level. You decide. There are 2 or 3 more stages and you do them for weeks at a time as well. Honestly, it bored me to tears and I really did not see physical results. However, I do feel that my fitness level did improve. Of course, why wouldn't it? I was working out 6 days a week for 6 weeks? If you don't care about variety, you may love it. Debbie Siebers is so cute and alot of people seem to like her style. I think it is a great way to get yourself working out on the regular basis. If you stick to it the full 6 weeks, working out is definitely a habit at that point and you are on your way. If nothing else, it helped me with that.

Mia, I think a while back you asked about Turbo Jam. It looks so fun and it is fun, but it is not that easy. It looks like you are just dancing and having a good ole time, but I tell ya, it will wear you out. Also, beware of Beachbody. Everyone on the fitness boards know how Beachbody will screw around with your credit card. Keep a very close watch on your statements and make sure they don't doublecharge you or anything. I know one lady on one of the boards complained because they kept charging her over and over. It got to the point that people quit ordering from them and just bought used. I hope that you don't encounter any problems like that.

Amanda, you are right, you will always encounter negative people. My mother, I don't know if she does it on purpose or what, but she can be so negative. Anyways, you will encounter more people when you get to 170 saying "You look good, you don't need to lose anymore weight" or "Stop losing, you are going to waste away", yeah, yeah, yeah! It is up to you. The lower your BMI, the better health you will have. If you get to 170, or 150 or 135 and you decide you are happy, so be it! I remember when I was only about 20 lbs overweight and people would tell me, "you don't need to lose any weight." It wasn't until later that I realized that it doesn't matter what others may think. I have to be happy with the way I look, the number on the scale, the body fat percentage, whatever. It comes down to ME! So you do whatever you think is best Amanda and don't let anybody stop you.

Aqua, I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. Please go get yourself checked out. We will all feel alot better knowing that you have. If/when you get an opportunity, please let us know what the doctor says.
I'm sending {{{{{feel good vibes}}}}} your way.

Anna, thanx for the positive words and encouragement, I appreciate it! I am still looking for the before and after pics.

Well, I better go get ready for my interview!

Ciao!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #191  

Kenya and Anna I missed you before. Sorry!

Maybe what we should do is all buy some Daisey Dukes and take pictures in them when we reach our goals or mini-goals. lol

I have two pairs of London Jean shorts by Victoria's Secret that I would looooove to wear again. One pair is green and the other is hot pink. I absolutely refuse to throw them away. They're both size 12. Speaking of Victoria's Secret....

I miss Victoria's Secret so much! I can't wait to buy a bunch of sexy underwear from them. I love the two sales they have every year. One is after Christmas and the other is usually in June. And I used to love their London Jeans! They fit me just right. How did I ever allow myself to get so darned fat??!!
Old 08-08-2006, 12:23 PM   #192  
just me

I totally feel you Amanda. I mean i look in the mirror and its like WTF!!!!!!!!! maybe its because i didnt have a full length mirror until now or something. I mean honestly i knew that i was bigger than the other girls but i dont think i realized how bad i looked. some guys no matter how big the get are always beautiful, i'm not one of those!!

Aqua- take your butt to the ER. thats not anything to play with. ive had chest colds and ive had to go to the ER to get shots for my fever and meds. you really dont want nemonia.

Elycia, good luck with the interview!!!!!!!!!

Kenya- when we get to the point that we can wear the daisys and look good we will all have to party it up and make some really cute ones.

Anna that awesome you feel comfortable in daisy dukes! i wish i could be that confident and comfortable with myself!!!

Melissa- as for your kid...well yeah get another comp. if she is anything like i was at 14 you wont even get to look at it unless she it at school or asleep!!!

Oh yeah Amanda about ur friend...i have those too. one girl in my govt probably weighs 150 but she isnt fat and i'm going to assume she has a lot of muscle. i told her i wanted to weigh 140 so i still had an *** and boobs and i would be a skeleton like most of the celebraties now a days plus i'm 5'7 so to my that would be perfect. she told me that i was totally crazy and i shouldnt go under 160. i didnt argue with her but i told her since its been so long since ive been that weight i really dont know what i would look like or what would make me feel good, but inside i was like are you freaking crazy???? thank god i have some friends that tell me to get off my *** and work out and that being 140 might still be a lil to much and to just get breast implants lol.
Oh yeah also i was wondering if any of you have thought about plastic surgery after this? i know i'm going to have to have it.

Well ladies i have to finish getting my stuff out of the living room. the apartment people are supposed to come and clean everything and replace carpet and whatever for next year and i was supposed to have this done yesterday!!! lol ttyl
Old 08-08-2006, 01:38 PM   #193  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good morning everyone!! Yes, my girls are still sleeping so here I am! LOL! Lets see if I can get caught up! LOL!

Brat....what are you going to school for? I'm a student too, but I'm not brave enough to do summer classes! I need my break! LOL! I've never tried slim in 6 so I'm of no help to you! Australia for your 21st!!! How fun is that gonna be! And lots of motivation to stick to plan and get bikini ready.

Elycia...keep journalling girl! It seems to me like you are really working through alot lately, and you are gonna figure it out. I think it was Oprah who said you've gotta love yourself and your body before you are going to want to do anything about making it better. Being kinder to yourself and figuring out that there is something to love about your body will take you in that direction. Even if you've gotta start with your toes...I bet you have really CUTE toes! LOL! Hawaii!!! Oh I'm so jealous! Good luck at your interview!!

Anna...I hope today is the best day for you!! Sorry to hear vacation is ending already. Are you drinking that water to flush out the fair salt? I hope you do realize you didnt really gain 2 lbs...its all bloat! I'd stay off the scale too...scales are for fish anyway!

Kenya...Hawaii for you too!! How fun! and great motivation. I hope you have a fantastic day today...being busy will keep you out of trouble, at least it does for me anyway LOL!

Aqua...please say that you've called your doctor now. Its been going on for too long and if you've recently had surgury you REALLY need to check in and make sure its not just a cold.

Amanda...dont let ANYONE tell you what you can do! And no, that person wont be the last. Its funny when you lose weight and start getting healthy how it really changes other people. Its almost scary, but you find out who really does care about you! My daughter is only 11 and shes starting this teen stuff! I might go crazy LOL! Doesnt matter how you got fat...the amazing thing now is that you are shrinking!!! And doing such a great job at it! Victoria Secret will be taking your money soon! LOL!

I read a couple of good books last night. Micheal Thurmond (he works with the people on exteme makeover and the swan) he's an amazing trainer. Anyway his book 6 day makeover, was pretty informational. His plan is pretty strict, nothing I could do longterm but maybe for a quick jumpstart/detox for 6 days. Something I found very interesting is he said that the elliptical isnt a good exercise for fat burn, that you burn too much sugar working that hard and not fat. He suggests just walking or jogging or stationary bike on a low setting. I used to do the elliptical for an hour and not lose much at all, now I know why!

The other book I read was Denise Austins Melt your Female FatZones. I think I'm going to follow her workout schedule, just walking and strenght training targeting my fatzones. Her eating plan is 6 weeks and its much more doable although pushes alot of dairy. Not sure I want to follow any specific plan though, I think I just want to watch my portions and make good choices while working out. It'll be slow going but I'll get there. Still thinking on it!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!! Be good to yourselves!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:22 PM   #194  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Okay making soup quick while I catch up on posts, holy cow ladies you all have been busy this morning. Last day is fun, family came over to borrow the trailer and had to call someone else because SO took the keys to work and he is 45 minutes away aahhhhh. ah well. daisy dukes all around ladies, in a year I think a group pic photo shopped to put us all in them would be great Then Melissa I love your comment about scales for fish. too funny, though the water in my nose is still stinging thank you.
Well now that the day is half over I am going to crawl into pj"s and relax the rest of the day . Will try to get to personals a bit later, so please forgive for now. Have a rocking day ladies
Anna
flawlesscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:33 PM   #195  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

Lightbulb

hi everyone how are you guys doing? so far i have been okay i didnt get to mow the lawn yesterday but i walked the dogs with hubby... anyway i could really use your help on this i know it may seem silly but trying to figure out how would i calculate the calorie or mutriton value on these blueberry muffins
the recipe is
1 whole egg
1/4 cup of milk
and then the package of mix says
BLUEBERRY MUFFIN MIX
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/4 cup (38g/1.3 oz.)

Servings Per Container about 5

Amount Per Serving Mix
Calories
Calories from Fat

Total Fat 6g*
9%
Saturated Fat 2.5g
12%
Trans Fat 0.5g
Cholesterol <5mg
1%
Sodium 310mg
13%
Total Carbohydrate 26g
9%
Dietary Fiber 0g
0%
Sugars 12g
Protein 2g

i cant figure out if its 170 calories for the whole box of mix or 170 for 1 muffin?
im really confused please help
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote