Old 08-07-2006, 10:52 AM   #166  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning to you all! I missed you so much over the weekend. I also missed my cable. The internet. And my house phone (VOIP)!!! We're still waiting. Now they're saying it could take as long as Tuesday.

Elycia - Thanks for the websites. I'm so glad you posted Collagevideo.com. I found out about it last year and couldn't remember the web address. I've been looking for it. Thanks!

Anna - I love Ebay too. I even bought a car from Ebay for $400. It's a 94 Taurus station wagon that has never given me any problems. I've had it for nearly a year. I'm so glad your heel is getting better. You know, now that you're losing weight, you can soon replace all those old clothes with new ones!

Danielle - Isn't something how fast summer goes by? I knew the seasons were starting to change when my aloe vera plant started to lose it's "suntan". It's almost all green again now. I have somehow managed to fit 50 plants in my apartment. My succulents even have their own room. But that's a long story...
I loved that you vacuumed your ceiling. Good for you! It was so funny. Those clowns need day jobs. Then maybe they'll go to bed at normal times. Don't feel bad about slipping a little with your eating plan. Just get back on the horse. I seriously doubt if any of us will be 100% faithful the entire time. The most important thing, IMO, is just to understand the motivation behind binges and other habitually bad eating. An occasional slip up? No biggie. Today is a new day. Your resolve can be just as strong as it was before.

Melissa - Welcome! So glad to have you aboard. You're ready for the snow already? Except for a year in Arkansas, I've lived in Michigan my entire life. Last winter was the first time that I didn't complain about the snow. Seeing all that stuff about Hurricane Katrina changed my outlook on things. I would always look at the snow and say, "Well, it's not a hurricane.". If I could chose, though, the temp would always be between 70 and 90. No hotter. No cooler. The problem is that there'd probably be super-sized bugs with landing gear!

Caroline - I can't wait to read your journal. Good luck on the homework! I'm going back to school either in January or the following Summer. I don't miss the homework one bit.

Phoxie - I'm so glad that I've been able to help. That's the great thing about coming here, I think. We're all supporting and helping one another. Sometimes we're not even aware of it. About the weight creeping up, I agree with Danielle, Caroline and Stacy. Muscle definitely weighs more than fat. Years ago, when I wanted to lose weight, I changed my eating habits and started working out. I lost only 5 pounds. But I also lost 2 dress sizes. Plus another thing with weight loss is that the body always wants to find stability. Most of us will probably experience some plateaus (set points) when, regardless of what we do, the weight loss will slow down dramatically. Or stop. But once our bodies realize we're not starving, will begin to lose weight again. This is why I want to get into the habit of only weighing every 2 - 4 weeks. So I won't drive myself nuts.

Kenya - Under 300! Congrats to you! You're a true inspiration to us all.

Aqua - I hope you feel better soon. I'm so happy for you and the results you're getting with the liquid diet. I'm glad you found what works for you.

Lately I've been thinking about my goal weight. I think I may drop it to 130. 150 is the weight that I'll be satisfied with; but I'd love to be 130. Lately I've been thinking I need to raise my standards. I still want to be a fox at 70 years old! Still fit and still exercising. So I figure I'm laying the ground work for that right now. If I can actually get to 130, healthily (is that a word? ) then I want to do it. And maintain it with a healthy lifestyle.

Well ladies, I'm off. I think I'll be able to check in often. Today is really slow for a Monday.

Toodles!
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:57 AM   #167  

Congrats on the weight loss Elycia!!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:21 AM   #168  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Monday morning everyone!!! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Anna....so glad to hear you had a great time at the fair!! My girls would have LOVED a 6' purple dragon! Not to worry about the food, it was one day, back on track today! Life is for living and every so often it calls for a hotdog! LOL! I hope your ankle doesnt give you too much trouble, sounds like you've really been through it with it. I think our gas prices are right around yours too, havent seen them today though and they sure do change fast. I had heard that pretty soon we are all going to think $3/gallon is cheap. Might as well get used to it I guess. I need to get another bike to ride to school instead of driving this semester.

Good Morning Aqua...gosh I hope you get to feeling better soon! thats no way to spend the summer, I suppose the upside is a loss of some weight. Would rather you felt better and were in a GREAT mood though.

Elycia....WAY TO GO!!! Congrats on an amazing loss!! that is some serious inspiration this morning!! Keep up the good work, its definetly working!!!

Amany....thanks so much for the welcome! You gals are the best! I love snow, although once Christmas is over I'm ready for spring LOL! I lived in Phoenix for almost 10 years and that is what really got me to appreciate the change of seasons. Your winters are much harsher than ours though, my family lives in Wisconsin so I know all about what you've gotta deal with! Katrina did give us a whole new outlook on things though didnt it?

Okay....truth time now. I did my official makeover weigh in and its 241.5...ouch! Thats just the starting point though, everything goes down from there! I took the first difficult step this morning in changing my life to be happier. And now I'm ready for breakfast! LOL!

I dont know about you but I'm ready to be fit and healthy!!! Enough excuses, the only thing holding me back is me and I'm just not gonna do it anymore! Are you ready too? Have a FANTASTIC day today everyone!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:34 AM   #169  

What's ONEderland by the way?

I was so bored over the weekend. No cable, no phone, no money and no internet...

So I weighed myself! 238! 12 pounds! I won't change my numbers until my official weigh in on Thursday though. I'll weigh in again that morning. I haven't lost a dress size or anything, but my clothes fit a heck of a lot better.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:41 AM   #170  
Melissa

Onederland is being in the 100s.

Way to go Amanda!!!! You are just shrinking away!!! I'm right on your tail now! LOL! Keep up the great work!! I'll save the official congrats for the official weighin!

~melissa
Old 08-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #171  

Wow. In the 100s....

It's been too, too long. I haven't been in the 100s in since 1997. When I get to 190-something I'm going to do something really special for myself. I have no idea what it is yet, but it's gonna cost my husband.

Thanks Melissa. I was so shocked. I knew I looked smaller but I was only expecting 241 at the least. It did my heart good to see that I was in the 230s.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:56 AM   #172  
Melissa

Dont you just love little milestones like that...amazing how a little number can make you feel so good!! Myself I'm looking forward to the 220s right now!

~melissa
Old 08-07-2006, 12:27 PM   #173  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

Hello Ladies i know its been forever since i last posted on here. I've been okay. trying to get thru my finals for the summer. i'm still working out and eating right. i havent weighed and decided that i'm only going to once a month. anyways i had a question for you guys. I was wondering if you ever get blood filled bumps on you legs? and i mean mine are the size of nickles and usually purple from blood. they are terribly painful. i was just wondering if anyone else had them and what they did about it or if anyone knows anything about it and how to get right of them. thanks a lot!!!!
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:57 PM   #174  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone congrats on the weight loss im in the same boat you would think i won a million $ when i finally get to 199 it seems like its the hardest to get to
so far my morning is great i havnt got the exercise in yet but i will by this evening i might even mow the lawn today that is the best exercise...
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:55 PM   #175  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

A new week! A new beginning! Are we all ready to take this week and do good things for ourselves?! I know I am!

Elycia, FANTASTIC job on the weight loss!!! I am so proud of you. All you went thru the last couple weeks and you keep at it. This is truly inspirational!

Aqua, I'm so sorry that you are still feeling oogie!!! I really hope that it goes away soon, but I'm jazzed that you're popping in to visit it with us still!

Anna, OMG a 6' dragon!! That is hilarious! I can just see you dragging that thing to the car and then driving with it! I'm sorry about your heel, sounds very ouchie! Who can go to a fair and not eat "fair food"???? Good grief woman, you had a blast and THAT is all that matters! Today's a new day! I'm glad someone enjoyed my vacuuming story and the little ways I am finding to harrass my neighbors! Supposedly the owner is some sort of financial anyalyst but I never see him leave here til 10'ish or so. NOT the sorta guy I want handling my money, how 'bout you! He had given dh one of his business cards--back when he was trying to kiss our butts for the noise--telling us that we could call him at work if we needed to. Almost like he wanted us to see where he worked or something, it was weird is all I know!!! I told dh, yeah watch, we'll call and they'll be like, Adam who? Just like in all those thriller movies you see on tv! If we're home today, I just may NEED to vacuum again, I haven't decided yet. heehee

Amanda, hey girly! I was so happy to see you this morning! I spent the whole weekend wondering where the heck you were and then last night about 1am while I was watching a movie I remembered you talking about issues with the cable at home! My mind goes clear at the strangest moments, sometimes I really scare myself! LOL Will give you a "mini" congrats on the weight loss today! We'll save the big big one for the official day, shall we? Just wanna give ya something to sink your teeth in to for the next few days so you'll lose even more by then! How's that sound? Hey, you could always move to southern California for 70-90 degree weather! I grew up there but actually, Northern Cali is where I want to grow old and moldy. Big question is, are ya wanting to fork out tons of mula for a home! Freaking expensive out there I tell ya! There's always Hawaii too...but then again...it's spendy there as well! Where is that money tree when you need one!

Melissa, sounds like you're off to a great running start, good luck with that. Your weigh in wasn't too bad, at least you were prepared for the 240's, and it didnt end up like 250something, right! Or worse, 260! Got your plan in action, now all ya gotta do is run with it, I know you can do it.

Hi Britt! Long time no talk chicky poo!!! So glad to hear that things are going well for you still. As for the things on your legs, they sound like boils IMO. Are they hard-like too? Definitely don't wanna pick those if that's what they are, they carry lots of bacteria. Maybe someone else here will be able to help you with other ideas of what it could be! Don't be a stranger and post up to let us know how ya doing!

Mia, hello there! Have a great day on plan and definitely mowing the grass will burn you lots of calories!!! Keep up the great work, you're doing terrific!

Well girls, today dh is off so I got him in my hair all day. Altho, at the moment he is sleeping so I'm getting a bit of a reprieve! Neighbors were quiet last night, big shocker, I know! It was us last night that couldn't shut up! It must've been about 2am and dh starts crackin' jokes, just as we're turning the lights off, and trying to go to sleep. He had me crying with laughter for about 40 min. and it certainly felt like we were being loud! Then he yells at the ceiling, "hey! you getting all this up there?? Sucks to get woken up in the dead of night, don't it?!!!!". I was rolling!!! Okay, so we're really bad, huh? It was just so much fun at the time. Nice to fall asleep after laughing so hard vs. trying to go to sleep after being so upset because of the rudeness of others, for a change!

I am really excited to see what I can get done this week in the way of some weight loss and exercise. I really really need this and I know I want it, fear just paralyzes me though. No idea why either. Just going to take it moment by moment and see how it goes.

I think we're venturing out today to do some back to school shopping. I am so dreading this! Gotta be done though, so best get a move on. I don't want to end up spending the entire day out in the heat with all the crowds of people, but at the rate this family gets up and moves, we will be!

Have a great day ladies!!!! Be good to you.
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #176  

I'm so irritated by people who expect you settle!

I've decided to change my goal weight to 130. Why on earth did I make the mistake of sharing that with someone? She said that I should quit around 170 (Because she knows that I was a sz 12 when I weighed 170), and that would be good enough. And that's "good enough" because the average woman in America is a sz 12. That was so irritating! Why do people do that?? Why do they think you should settle for just "good enough"? Why not extraordinary?

I don't know why I'm so irritated by this, but I am.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:01 PM   #177  

Sorry, I was so ticked off at "Ms. 170 Pounds" that I didn't say hello to you guys.

Danielle - You're so sweet! Thank you for thinking of me. It's so nice that you and your husband are able to just laugh together the way you do. My husband keeps me in stiches. Oftentimes at inappropriate moments! Since Hubby is in your hair today try to enjoy him.

Brat - I've never had those types of bumps. If it goes on for too long, check in with your dermatologist. Don't take any chances.

Mia - You'll be in the 190s very soon at the rate you're going. You're doing a great job.

Melissa - You're right about those little numbers meaning so much. 220s are right around the corner for you. Me too!
Old 08-07-2006, 04:13 PM   #178  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Default Warning - Ventfest!!!

Hello everyone:

Nice to see you Amanda and congrats on the weight loss. 12 lbs! That is wonderful! I know you have been working out consistently and I know that has helped. Keep up the good work!

I thought that onderland meant you've lost 100 lbs. Oops! Oh well. Either way, it is a great accomplishment. I sure can't wait until I am in the 190's again.

Girls, I tell ya, I had another one of those moments while I was out shopping today. Everyone is always telling me how beautiful my girls are and when people tell me that I smile so big and I'm so proud of them. Then later on, I walked past a full length mirror. Gosh, I look a hot mess. I'm not trying to be a downer for the board, but I just look awful. Overweight does not go well with me in ANY way. I don't look good, I don't feel good, just a mess. I have got to take this seriously. On the way home, I was just thinking of all the changes that I need to make in order to get this weight off. The bad part is I know exactly what I need to do in order to lose the weight. I know what works for me. The part I can't figure out is if it is laziness, some mental block or lack of structure or what it is as to why I can't make myself do everything that I need to do. It's frustrating.

I'm thinking though, that is a combination of things. I need a major overhaul. I think I read somewhere that if you look at someones house and/or car, you can tell alot about their personality. Remember the other day I was telling you guys about clutter. I honestly believe that the clutter in my house does represent the clutter of my life. There are so many things pieced together and I really have got to get it under control. I think once I get in control of some of the issues in my life, I will have more balance and I can be alot better off. I think I am a wonderful parent to my daughters, but that is so much of my focus now, that alot of other things are neglected. With the proper control and balance, I can be a better mother to them, plus better wife, student, sister, etc., you guys get the picture.

Well, like I warned, this is major ventfest, but I had to get it out, and what better place than to my fellow Winning Losers. Everyone take care. So glad that we found Amanda and Aqua, now we have to figure out where Merrick is.

Thanx for listening guys!

Ciao!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 04:39 PM   #179  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Hi Amanda, I say go for it! 130 is very doable and not like you'll be starving to death either. I am 5'4" and want to get to 140 as my final goal. I would settle for 150, or 160 even, but my dream is 140 as a final. Don't let "miss 170" get you down, YOU know whats best for you. She may be comfortable at 170 but you don't have to be!!! You're smart about all this, you know what to do lady!!! And as for dh, omg I love the man to pieces! He can make me laugh like no other person ever has, and I love that because I so love to laugh hard. Certainly will enjoy him today, he's only off about once a week so it's a rarity to have daddy home with us!!!

Elycia, oh girl, how many times I have been where you're at right now. My kids are my entire world, I live my every breathe for these kids, and when people tell me how amazing they are I could just float away. I am where you are in regards of not being able to make it all click to together. I have yet to figure out what it is. The one thing that I am doing differently though is really really really trying to be kind to myself and not beat myself up for it. I have a huge tendancy to do this (Melissa can testify!) and then it derails me even further. I know you can do this, and I know you'll figure out how to get there. I think you may be on to something in regards to the clutter you feel is impeding your progress in many aspects of your life. Let us know how it goes and what you come up with, you're a fabulous lady so never give up!

OH, I forgot to tell you guys! I did manage to lose 1 pound this week! Can you believe it????? I guess I didnt eat as badly as I'd feared. Felt good to see a change on the scale today!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! Lynne where are ya chicky? Oh wait a sec, didn't she say she was going on a vacation to CA to visit an old friend? If that's where she is I hope she's having a blast, and if not, Lynne, get your cute butt back here so we can talk at ya!
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 04:57 PM   #180  

Well, I'm about to pack up and go to my cable-free, telephone-free and internet-free home. Sigh...

Thanks so much for your encouraging words Danielle. I really do believe we can all reach our goal weights. We have a good group here. I was just looking at the posts from the day that Elycia started the our little group. We've come a long way already.

Elycia, I know exactly how you feel. Thinking of it can make everything seem hopeless. I know you can pull it all together though. Don't overwhelm yourself by trying to revamp your entire life in one day. Take small steps in the right direction and you'll make a ton of progress.

I have to wrap this up. Have a great evening everyone. I'll check in tomorrow!!