Old 09-10-2006, 09:52 AM   #1  

Smile The Winning Losers Week of 9/10/06

Morning Ladies!!!!!

Started a new thread....
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:06 AM   #2  

Smile

Amany- I'm glad I could give you some support. This is hard, it's maybe the single toughest thing I've ever commited to. I know you are commited too though, we all are. I'm proud of this group.

That being said, I did the raw diet yesterday, and I'm doing it again. I have a lot of cut up veggies left, so I'm going to eat them. I think it's working for me though. I don't miss anything really. The biggest issue I had was at after 6 PM I start thinking I should grab a piece of bread. I don't, but I fend it of with some sunflower seeds. I sprinkled some of Emeril's chicken rub on the seeds (it's just herbs and spices) and it was so good! They were spicy and garlicy, and it knocked that bread craving right out. I had a sugar craving each night as well, and I busted it with a banana.

I hope you enjoy the movie, it's always fun to get out with the Mr.

rkrs6673- Oh my gosh!!!! I am so proud of you!!!! That is fantastic.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #3  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning everyone!! Are you ready for some football!!!? We sure are! I'm gonna make this quick because I need to get another chapter of finance read before the game starts.

Kenya....WOOOHOOOO!!! What an AMAZING accomplishment!! Girl, I'm so proud of you I could just scream! You've worked hard and its paying off!!! Way to go!!! I hope your test goes well!! I've got my first on Tuesday.

Amanda...I'm pretty sure that once I lose all my weight and get to where I want to be I'll need a tummy tuck myself. I've got a pretty bad apron. Its from having such big babies! Not something that I'd have to have but might want if that makes any sense.

Aqua....I just love you!!! I can always count on your enthusiasm!! You are doing so great! I'm glad the vegetables are going well for you!

Girls, I gotta tell ya, I did so well yesterday! I'm really proud of myself. I didnt overeat a darn thing. I skipped things I didnt need. I drank my water! I'm not even gonna think about exercise till after I see the doctor, I'm thinking I need to stop stressing about that because when I do and then dont or cant exercise I just beat myself up. So a Yay for me!

Okay off to get the wings marinating and finish my reading!! Have a great day today! Go broncos!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:08 PM   #4  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning! Good Morning! It's football Sunday!!! I can't believe it's that time of year again, it means the remaining months will just fly by now.

What a night I had. Up n down, up n down.... I wish I would either be completely totally knock down sick or just be done with all this crap. My lungs are trying sooo hard to be productive and getting out whatever's in there but it's not working and I'm miserable. Not to mention, tired, cranky, and grumpy. Did I mention tired?

Kenya that is truly amazing!!! You have lost a teenager pretty much! Nothing can stop you now from losing the rest, you know how to do this! You're proof, slow and easy wins the race!!! Good luck on your test!

Amanda, I'm more than sure I will need some sort of surgery after all is said and done. When I lost all that weight in '01 I was shocked to see that my belly was shrinking and going down where I didn't think there would be much left hanging. However, this time around I don't think it's all going to cooperate! lol Having 3 big babies all by c-section has left me with quite a little apron. And lets not even talk about "the girls". Each pregnancy left me with huge gigantic boobs it was frightning..and then once they were born...they deflated like old party balloons. I nursed my first one and then ended up bottle feeding the other two. They were all so close in age, that I felt like I couldn't give all the attention they needed so I opted for the bottle. I shudder to think what my boobs would look like, had I nursed all 3. Probably scooping them up and throwing them over my shoulder, is what!!!!

Aqua, good luck with your veggie thing again today. It really seems to agree with you. So basically when you do this you don't get any protein in? Just be careful lady!!!

Melissa, WTG on a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet it sure felt good to feel in control. I knew you could do it! I think the smartest thing is to wait on the exercise and see what the doc says. Don't worry, I'll come find you at the starting line when he gives the green light. I promise!! Enjoy your time with family today!

Alrighty, well I have to get going and get dh off to work. After all the rain for the last 2 days today the sky is bright blue and gorgeous! I gotta go and pick up DD from her party later too, but first they were going swimming at the hotel one more time. Must be nice, huh? So anyways, everyone have a fabulous day and be good to yourselves. We have a new week, another new beginning if we need it, and our goals laid out before us. Let's do it right, shall we!?!

OH. And. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #5  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Melissa!!! Congrats on an outstanding day! You're rawkin' now girlfriend!!
So an apron is what it's called. That describes what I have perfectly. I know the aerobics will help but, unless I have some other intervention, I think some of it will always be there.

Aqua - I'm glad you're liking the raw veggie diet. Switching up every now and then is a great idea. Hmm.... I think you may have influenced me some as well. I might do it once or twice a week. I think you may have started a trend here, chicky!

Danielle - Oh hon, I hope you feel better soon. Just try to get as much rest as possible until you feel up to snuff. Have you tried a NyQuil or Tylenol PM in the evenings? Maybe it will help you sleep. Not that I'm into pushing meds, but sometimes you need them.

I just finished watching CFC. Angie Stone is sickening. Big time drama queen. Just the worst kind. Great tv though! Angie had Dr Ian so exasperated that I thought he was gonna turn into Harvey.
Speaking of the gp surgery! Wait until you hear Dr. Ian's comments. He said the same things that we did. Ladies, we're pretty darn smart. Of course Carnie got mad, but the some of the things she was saying today also confirm what we've been saying. I won't be specific. I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

Ok, I think I have a fitness video addiction. In the past week I've ordered Cardio Pilates, Super Callanetics and Leslie Sansone's Fat Burning 4 Mile Walk (which includes some jogging!! ). I'm gonna try to chill the purchases for a moment.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #6  

By the way...

Thanks for getting us started again for a new week AquaChick! You and Melissa always take care of us.

I almost forgot!! Hope your walk went well Liz!!!! We're all very proud of you.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:25 PM   #7  

Oops, I forgot...

AquaChick, I think the sunflower seeds are a great choice for the evenings. They have fat and protein. Plus they're a little salty. They're good for fending off those evening cravings.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #8  

Smile

Hun.e.B- Hi! We have the Sunday ticket, so husband is glued to the T.V. for the remainder of the day. Tomorrow is the Vikings game, and that is our team, so he will be glued to Monday night football as well. Yep, it's a very big deal in this house as well.

Thank you for the sweet compliment. I wouldn't have made some crucial changes in my lifestyle if it wasn't for this group. I didn't know how important human contact could be for losing weight, but it has been the only thing that actually worked for me. Keeps me going every day.

Good job watching the intake yesterday. That's great. Yeah, don't hurt yourself. Hopefully tou will be well enough soon to get in some excersise.

Sugar-N-Spice- Hi! Sorry your so sick right now. Poor thing...
Yep, the veggies are sitting okay with me. I think I am getting some (a small amount albeit) protein from the nuts I'm eating. I've been drinking 1% milk and a serving of yoplait too. I guess that is vegetarian (dairy is okay), rather than vegan (nothing from an animal), but all the fruits and veggies are raw. I don't feel weak or anything, which I thought I would. No headaches, nothing...as of yet. The worst of it is after 6. That was when back in the old days I would eat ice cream or want some fast food. I've had to beat those cravings down with other things, but once I get the better choice in my system it calms me down. That has been the worst. When those "addictive" cravings come into play. I have to fight hard.

Goals for the week, well , I'd have to say, I've been wishing for a month to be in the 160's. I think I might get my wish by Friday. My cycle has arrived, and when it is over I do believe it will reflect on the scale. I think that might have played a part in why the scale didn't move at all for me last week. I have changed my excersise plan, Amany has inspired me to learn to jog. It has been incorporated into my walking routine, and it is plaenty intense. I have changed my diet to consist at least 2-3 days a week of fresh and raw fruits, veggies, milk, and yogurt... I will do it more though if I feel I can. It's been good to me so far. Why stop a good thing?
I think these changes have made it realistic for me to say my goal for Friday is 169 pounds, and to not give up.

Oh, and GO VIKINGS!!!!!! ooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Amany- I think it would be cool if you gave it a shot. I have been using spices and herbs, lime juice, and it makes it more interesting. I don't use and salad dressing at all. I make pico de gallo, slice up avacados, and I have been counting on fruit to knock out sugar cravings, nuts help with bread cravings. Today is my 3rd day in, and I'm not feeling bad. The worst is fighting old habits, which have nothing to do with hunger, it's all in the mind. I've accepted it might take years to get rid of compulsion cravings. I've also accepted that I may always have to battle with them, as long as I keep coming out in the lead I'll be okay.

I might "need" a tummy tuck someday. I have a deep "zipper" scar from my belly button down. I have adhesions so it is very deep. A doctor I had before actually gasped when she saw it. The women in my family have a hard time giving birth, four of us have these scars. My Aunt said hers was exactly like mine, and the adhesions snapped one day, causing her a hernia that was painful as all get out. She ended up getting a tummy tuck. She was sick of her stomach looking like a butt as well. I have high hopes that I can work my abs enough that it isn't so bad, but I don't think there is a lot I can do. Another doctor said they could cut the scar tissue so that it won't be so sunken in, but it will come back eventually. Anyway that's my apron story... it's more of a butt than an apron, but the same concept of weird skin on the tummy.

Oh, we might have to sit to coffee talk and discuss CFC and FOL later. lol...
We are smart. We are working hard, we are trying to educate ourselves on what it really means to get real and get healthy. We have also learned from our past mistakes, so we are very smart when it comes to being overweight and trying to change. We know what time it is. Where's my clock? lol...
Wow, you are a workout machine... you're making me feel lazy... lol!!!

No problem starting the thread, and thanks for the thumbs up on the sunflower seeds...
Old 09-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #9  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Yep, I forgot to thank you Aqua for getting our new week started! I guess I was all in a big ole hurry to start my whining, huh?

Amanda, you are certainly enjoying your new stuff! Its always fun to have different stuff to try. I was thankful to have a variety this last week, it kept me from blowing it off. Altho the last few days I haven't felt like doing any cause of this stupid cough. LMK how you like the new Leslie! I like her stuff a lot.

The apron thing is not fun. I wonder if its an inherited thing? My mom has it too? What really sucks is with my firts baby, my incision became very infected. The experience was so horrific I actually cried when I ended up needing another c-section with my 2nd. The one area that was infected the most, still to this day, gives me issues. It will ache and then itch like the dickens. And I'm sure having this glamorous designer apron on my front doesn't help! I wonder if I could get insurance to cover it since medically I do have problems still? Something to think about.

Aqua, I think its great that you like your eating right now. So important that we love what we're doing!

Oh yeah! Amanda thanks for reminding me about Liz! I hope that walk of yours was a good one!! And that you felt strong throughout it, most importantly!!!!

Definitely gonna have to go buy some medicine. Either that or I think dh may stick me outside! LOL
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #10  

Smile

Awww, you gals... it's no biggie who starts the thread. Thank you for the appreciation.

I think difficult birthing can be a family thing. My Aunt, Mother, Sister, and me have all had to have emergency cesarians with a classic cut. (up and down). It's awful.

Like you, my sister's became infected and she still struggles with it. She went through **** with that, it can be deadly. Mine healed very well without any infection (had it done twice) both times, but the scar tissue underneath is ridiculous. It causes pain if I sit down too hard and at "other times". I think you know what "other times" probably is. It's because the scar tissue pulls on the internal organs that it is attatched to. I think insurance should cover something if it will relieve you of pain and problems, but this isn't how it goes usually.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/220/125

Height: 5'5''

Default Hey!!!

Hey ladies,

I just wanted to say that I think you are all amazing and just reading what you write to eachother is so inspiring and so sweet. I just wanted to tell u that I applied online to a college today and i'm really excited. I just can't believe i am graduating this year! Well 183 school days, but who's counting? ahahaha. Anywho, just wanted to tell you cuz I was excited but now im not cuz I have math homework to do but hope to talk to y'all soon!!

Take care, Heather
needhelp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:05 PM   #12  

Hello Lovelies.

Aqua - I got all my stuff together for my 2 day vegan eating plan. I won't use that "d" word.
I have some soy sausage patties and almonds for protein. I bought avocados to make guacamole. I'll use it to dip my veggies when I want dip or something to put atop my salad. Plus strawberries to eat with my soy sausage in the mornings. I have baby carrots, zucchini (love it raw), broccoli and cauliflower. I'm ready! I think I'll have the yogurt too. I always drain it first though to make yocheese.

Hi Heather. I just love it when you drop in. Please keep us in the know about your college choices. I just know you're going to really enjoy your senior year.

Danielle - Can't wait to get the new Leslie! There are times that I think I'm bored with her stuff, but I always go back. Especially in the mornings when I don't like having my body jerked around. I like my exercise simple and challenging. Now when I do the Leslie Sansone videos, I make my movements bigger and kick higher. That way I get more out of them.
I really hope you feel better tomorrow. Don't you hate it when you get into your exercise grove and then get sick. But fear not! You'll be able to get back into the fire (Harvey talk ) soon enough. I hope you sleep better tonight. We don't want hubby putting you out!

I can't wait until every watches CFC and FOL today. Both shows were just just fan-friggin-tastic!!
Thankfully we didn't go to the Pork House today. I'm not really much of a pork person. Sometimes I even hate to smell it cooking. We had Middle Eastern instead. It's really healthy too. It's my favorite next to Mexican. Still didn't see the movie. Hopefully next weekend. I don't know why my husband and I bother to make plans. We usually end up doing something different.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #13  
Melissa

Good afternoon lovelies!!! My boys didnt pull it off, that Ram defense was just too big and too tough, put way too much pressure on Jakey and boy oh boy did it show! Ouch!! Oh well, on to next week! Thanks you thank you all for the congrats on yesterday! Today is another story but I knew it would be, Sundays will be my "free" day. I'm hoping that once I get things going better I'll be more inclined to make better choices for football snacks. CFC and FOL doesnt come on here till later tonight!

Danielle...ugh woman I cant believe you are still sick!! Did you get that musinex? I'm so sorry that you've got to deal with this on top of everything else! Get better would ya! I'm lucky I think my "cold" was smoke related. Seems to be better already. Battle of the Mannings..ugh I'm so sick of hearing about them!! The media is so ******ed, one lady today says "and peyton says that the outcome of the game wont change their relationship at all" well DUH! did anyone think it would? I mean they are brothers for goodness sakes, they've most likely been playing each other their entire lives! this will be fun for them! Okay enough football ranting LOL!!

Amanda...yep its called an apron. Mines pretty bad, I cant believe I'm gonna put this out there but okay I will...LOL...if I have to run or do any jumping you can literally hear it flap!!!! Me and jumpingjacks...yeah we dont mix! LOL! But I had a c-section and my babies were 9 pounders so thats what I get!

Aqua...we've got sunday ticket too, my dh hasnt missed a bronco game since the 70s...yes he's addicted! LOL! Nuts are a GREAT source of protein and good fats, soy products as well but I've never acquired the taste for it. You are going to reach that goal of 160s very soon!! I cant wait to see that post!!!

Heather!...hey girl!! Great to see you!! So college thinking time already huh! Where would you LOVE to go?? I'm about to do some finance homework myself..fun times huh! LOL!! come back soon!

Dont forget to wear your red white and blue tomorrow in remeberance of 9/11! I'm off to get my homework done so i can finish off the night of football. Back on plan tomorrow!!

~melissa
Old 09-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #14  

Smile Yippee Skippy

Well girlie girls..... Had the weigh in and I did really well. Since I started the diet, I am down 11 pounds. I couldn't be happier. They wanted to do my measurements, but I wasnt ready for an update on that yet. I asked them to wait until I got to 190. I think then I will see a real difference in all my clothes and everything. Now if I could just get myself exercising, I would see the flab start to tighten up. I have set a goal for myself of at least three times this week. I want to set a goal that I know I can reach... so I think I should be able to accomplish it!!!!

So proud of everyone and all their great accomplishments! I want to say, that I couldn't be happier or prouder of the women in this group. You are a constant support and a great pick me up. You make me laugh and I am so happy to share in your accomplishments.

Thank you for being here for me! I am a lucky girl... Well, I am going to do some laundry, make lunch, and get ready for CFC and FOL>.. Have a great night and an even better week!!!
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 08:21 PM   #15  
Melissa

Way to go Trish!!!! You are doing so GREAT!!! I cant wait to see how many inches are gone with those lbs! And you'll see too, that once you start exercising the inches will really start falling off. Probably faster than just lbs. You can totally do 3 days this week!! I know you can! the first day is the hardest, once you can do that one you are cruising!!! You can do it!!! Have a great evening!

~melissa