Old 08-02-2006, 10:46 AM   #61  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

i know how you feel i use to live in an apartment and my neighbors had motorcycles that they just had to ride at 12am i was so happy when we moved
well yesterday was the first day i actually tracked everything i ate and it came up to 1110 i was shocked i guess ill find out in a week if thats enough to lose weight or if i need to eat a little more i guess this will be trial and error i have lost 1lb since yesterday though
i already have started on my water its going to be an heat index of 115

have a good day everyone and get those water bottles out
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #62  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Mia: I would suggest eating more than that. I stay around 1200-1400 and lose, but honestly, 1100 is pretty low at your weight and if you eat too little you'll send your body into starvation mode and then you'll stop losing and get frustrated.

Elycia: I've lost 19 pounds in two months so far by calorie counting and working out nearly every day. My metabolism is really sluggish and I already ate pretty healthy before I started this plan, so unlike many people at my weight that can eat 1800-2000 calories a day and still lose, I have to keep it around 1200-1400. I do this by eating mostly whole foods, which pack a lot more nutrition into a lot fewer calories. For exercise I try to do 30-45 minutes of cardio (mostly elliptical or swimming laps) six days a week, plus three days of strength training (free weights and Pilates). It's kind of grueling and some days (like today) I don't feel much like doing it, but I do it anyway because I know I have to.

I'm also a daily weigher, which is not for everyone, but for me it helps track what's working and what's not. Plus, it keeps me motivated when I see a couple ounces lost from one day to the next.

Amanda: Thanks for sharing your experience with not dating and loneliness. I'm working really hard right now on forcing myself out of my 'comfort zone' and being more social on my own, so I will use you as a role model : ) As for Pilates, I will certainly keep cheering you on! That full sit-up is really challenging until you build up those core muscles -- I still can't do it 100%, but it's getting easier for me, so I know it'll get easier for you as well. I'm not sure how to cure the neck thing, although I suppose it gets less painful with time as well. Usually I just keep one hand behind my neck when it gets really bad so I can keep doing the workout with just a little modification.

I'm sorry you have such a hard time with chlorine! That's very disappointing, I'm sure. We have a pool in the backyard and the chlorine was very hard on my hair, but then we switched it over to salt water, which is much easier on hair. It dries my skin out a lot more, though, I've noticed. I'm itchy all the time and going through a lot more lotion, so it's kind of a trade-off between harsh chemicals and natural-but-still-harsh salt. Oh, well. The elliptical is probably a better workout anyway.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:15 AM   #63  

Smile

Happy morning to all of you ladies!

Sugar-N-Spice - Wow. Sorry to hear about those unneighborly neighbors. Sounds to me like they are doing it on purpose. They figure they bought the place, so they can do what they want and do not owe anyone respect. Jerks. Some people are just no good. I wold keep on it, but to tell you the truth, I would end up moving when the oppertunity strikes. They are never going to quit unless they move. It's obvious. Jerks. Jerky jerks.
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #64  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

I agree AquaChick. Unfortunately people like that tend to stay the way they are. And who knows? Maybe they have money to burn if they don't care about getting fined thousands of dollars. Or maybe they just never intend to pay it. I wonder how that sort of thing is enforced.

Congrats on the weight loss Britt! 115 degrees is pretty darn hot. Be careful.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:11 PM   #65  

Smile

Hi Amany!

I feel so bad about that situation. But, you know, you can tell they are just bad seeds. I would grow weary of fighting people like that all the time. Again, I say, JERKS!!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:41 PM   #66  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Hello again! And no, I have not been to bed. I tried and tried but had the "one eye open" thing going on, waiting for those idiots to come home and wake me up again when they left at 4:30 this morning! They came back around 6'ish....

These people OWN their unit, we are renting from the person who owns ours. According to our landlord, HOA has the ability to evict, we're still a little fuzzy on the details tho...like when! Today we're talking to him to find out where to go from here. We SO cannot afford an attorney!

Amanda, not sure exactly "what" these guys do for a living.....one goes somewhere for a few hours a day, the other never leaves. The one who appears to not work wrecked his suv a few weeks ago (I could swear driving drunk) and it went into the shop and it's fixed. In the interim..he bought a new car....so I dunno.....

Thank you ladies for letting me unload like this, I truly appreciate it! My goal for today is to hop on my bike while I watch my soap and get some of this frustration out. I'm hoping it helps cause there's alot!

Okay, time to deal with the kids. I'll be back for personals in a bit once I get things rolling over here. Thanks again everyone for listening and the well wishes.

♥danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:25 PM   #67  

Smile

Hi Sugar-N-Spice!

I hope they can evict them, but I must warn you- eviction is not something that happens easily or quickly. That might be more true in cases where there are children though. But, the fact is they purchased that unit. With that thrown in the mix, it might take lots and lots to get them out.

I'm not all that familiar with condo's and how it works. I hope for your sake, and the sake of your other neighbors, these people will be forced to go and sell their space. My concern is that, while that will very likely happen if they keep it up, that it will be a loooooong wait. Buttheads.

I'm glad to hear you are using these frusterations to benifit your health though! Good for you sweetie! They will still be jerks, but you are transforming into a sexy momma.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #68  

Danielle,

How well do you know your neighbors? If you're being disturbed by them maybe the people near them are as well. If you feel comfortable doing it, ask them if they will complain to the police and security too. With more people bugging them, more will probably be done. Is there someone else you can write to? Maybe you and the neighbors could do that too. You also may want to try getting your landlord involved as much as you possibly can. Maybe he can write some letters and make some phone calls too. Since you're his tenant he should try to do something to make you happy.

That's a terrible situation to be in, I know. About 4 or 5 years ago I lived in a flat. The next door neighbor had a dog that he kept in the backyard all night long while he was away. The stupid dog would bark all night, and when I would leave in the morning I'd see it sleeping. Which pissed me off even more. More people complained so he ended up putting the dog in the house. Then all dog did was run through the house barking. It still kept me awake. I don't remember how it ended finally, but I know that the police gave the guy a lot of tickets. I went to the police station twice to file complaints and I know that at least 2 or 3 of my neighbors did the same.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #69  

It would be better for her if it was just a dog creating the ruckus, because it would probably be resolved faster. The sad thing is that everyone will probably complain until they are blue in the face, but there is very likely a legal process that will have to begin, and it will take steps to enforce it.

If you really want to know the length of time between complaint and actual eviction, your rights, and the rowdy neighbors rights I would look into asking a real estate attourney in your state. I would also take a look at the HOA rules that apply to your building- if possible. Your landlord knows them for sure because he rents his unit to you, and probably he put those rules, restrictions, and consequences on your lease so that you would not violate them in his unit (which would cause him problems) Just for an honest answer. I might be wrong, maybe since it is a condo and there are rules that apply when they agree to buy that property, maybe it isn't all the fuss I think it will be. But, I would want to know the prospect of me having to put up with them before I sign another lease. I would also want to know the probablity of me being able to break my lease to move away from them if they were going to continue to be a problem. It is hard to live like that. They are probably not going to settle down, and that is what really bothers me about this. If they don't, how long will you be forced to put up with it? That is my big question of the day...

http://www.azcentral.com/community/c...guy1216Z6.html

^
l
l
l
l
l Found this link for you "HOA guy". You can e mail him and ask about it. This article here talks about fines that they can impose (which you say they already have done, right?)

lol, you are probably wondering why I care... I have a real estate licence in my state. I just love real estate anything. Can't explain it. I'm funny like that.

Last edited by AquaChick; 08-02-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:55 PM   #70  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Default Elycia 8/2/06

Well, I talked to my insurance company today and thankfully since we have renters insurance, we are going to be reimbursed for food spoilage. I just have to do an itemization of what was spoiled. I filed a claim this morning. I am so happy that we have renters insurance. I didn't know that they would reimburse until my husband mentioned it last night. This really helps alot because we incurred alot of expense when the power went out. Not only had I just went shopping, but all my other refrigerated staples were lost. Plus hotel expenses, which I may possibly be reimbursed for as well. I have been finding it difficult to restock the refrigerator with healthy foods because for some odd reason, healthy foods are more expensive. Why is that? A Lean Cuisine is typically double the cost of a Budget Gourmet meal which are double sometimes triple the fat content. Low Fat Cheeze-its are usually quite a bit higher than the regular and generally generics don't make lowfat versions. Fruits and vegetables can be expensive as well. Our society really doesn't make it easy to eat healthfully for the average family.

So, thankfully we will be reimbursed and hopefully I can find some healthy food to bring into the house. I hope everyone is having a great day.

Ciao!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:42 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/120

Hi ladies.

Ok, Ive figured out why everytime I get on here in the morning - there are like a million posts that Ive missed - Im in Australia, so completely opposite timeframe to you. For example, when you all are posting at night, Im asleep in bed. (sigh) Cant believe it took me this long to figure this out!

Anyway, stepped on the scales this morning and I have lost 3kg this week...or 6.6 pounds! Am quite happy with that, even though I know its mostly water weight.

Danielle, I feel for you - I HATED living in our apartment for that very reason! I would definitely keep looking into your rights, etc. But in the meantime, would earplugs for you and family work...or maybe light relaxing music on a set of headphones? I know it doesnt solve the problem, but it might mask it until it IS solved?? The very best of luck with that...keep us posted!

Elycia, glad to hear about your renters insurance - I bet that was a bit of a relief. Its devastating when you lose things over something you have no control over, huh? I know what you mean about eating healthy - its the same here in Australia. It really IS more cost effective to get fast food everyday than eating fruits and veggies, etc. Because we have been in a drought for years now, of course that makes the price of things go up, as does the ever-rising petrol prices. Its a never-ending battle and especially for a family on one wage, its damn near impossible to stay afloat and feed your family something thats good for them.

Well girls, have a great day - off to clean the house - in-laws here tomorrow!

Britt
plumptobump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:45 PM   #72  

Hi Everyone,
Again record heat... same as you Miafluker, heat index 115... I could not walk this morning... I was too tired, lost our electricity last night, tough night up and down. Plus it is was like 85 by 6am... way too hot.
Anyway, I started WW tonight. I need to step on that scale... they have 2 options, low carb and points. I think I will do points this week and learn and read more about the low carb.

Danielle:
I cannont express how sorry I am... that is so frustrating. There is nothing worse than not being comfortable in your own home. Hang there, something has to give... maybe the HOA is getting inundated with complaints... Good luck,

Amanda:
Again thank you about the lo carb info. So tell me, if you want, going out alone is, that how you met your DH??? Also, my son had eczema since he was born. for the past year he has been taking fish oil gel caps... real good ones, a little expensive... worth it, since being on them he has not had any break outs at all. Just thought I would share. Keep going with the Pilates, I hear wonderful things about it. I have the winsor set, which I really should get back into.... I have to schedule my time better.... I am trying

Britt: 6.6, great job, that is awesome... you must be so proud of yourself.

Elycia: congrats on the renters insurance... that is such a huge relief... good for you. There are so many people without renters insurance... when I rented I never had it... good for you.

well, I have to run, we are about to get a storm and I need to pick up my son at his friend's pool before it comes.
Good night to you all,
Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #73  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Hello! Hello! Thanks so much for all the feedback girls, it is much appreciated! Wheels are turning, albeit slowwwwlllyy I'm afraid(aqua, you are so right!) and now the HOA is scrambling to figure something out. They are less than thrilled with these residents and are setting up an emergency board meeting tomorrow apparently...we shall see. Regarding our landlord: He is one pissed off man today. He has several units that he bought here on the property so quite possibly we may be looking at renting one of the other units, nothing's been really discussed between dh & I as of yet on that. Our landlord is obviously fearing that when we vacate and he rents to another, the same issues will arise...so he is looking into legal action against the owner above us. Our big issue is TIMELINE. How much more b.s. do we put up with in the course of action that is supposedly taking place. My biggest, hugest issue is obviously my kids. While I certainly am not Mother Theresa or mommy of the year, I really don't want my kids being exposed to the language and lifestyle that these guys are living. I know I am far from perfect, nor do I expect a perfect world, but I just think it horrendous that this type of behavior is being forced on us. Yes, I understand the concept of communal living, yada, yada, yada, but it should NOT be like this. School starts in 2 weeks and it starts early for 2 of mine, teenagers too, so you know how they need their rest. The whole thing just aggravates me to no end, but then, I guess you guys already figured that out, huh?

Amanda, as far as neighbors...this is the tricky and yet ironic part of it all....
there are 4 units on each side of one building, totalling 8 units all together... while we live in the lower SW unit and Idiots live above us, the unit across from us is vacant as of now, and the person above that unit is another scary character. No kidding. He is a renter I believe, from a relative who bought the unit. He is always always home, drives a really nice car but his door is like a turnstyle at a subway station..in & out, in & out with the people. And lemme tell you, some of these people are very seedy looking. Wouldn't trust this guy with my goldfish let alone with my family! Now the people on the North end of the building, cant hear anything over by us, as we can't hear anything by them. We live in a really nice part of North Scottsdale, not just your run-of-the-mill apartment complex, so these people really stand out as far as demographics are concerned. Our building is in the very back far right side of the property, very out of the way, away from the hubbub of the pool,gym & clubhouse. There are lots of young professionals, families, young couples living here...not this party animal scene that's moved in. We've been in this unit here going on 3.5 years prior so we know who's who,etc. Unfortunately, when the property went on sale, everyone around us vacated to somewhere else. OH, and we won't even get into the dogs they've got! They have a pitbull & a dashund. LOVE dogs, don't get me wrong, but that big dog does not belong on the 2nd floor! When he runs around it sounds like our ceiling is going to cave in! Love their dog too, wish i could keep him myself actually. Then when they have all those people over the dogs get revved up and start barking and doing laps around the unit. Just miserable!!

Aqua, you are too cute! love all your input! Will look at the link you gave me to see if I can find out more! I would LOVE to get into the real estate profession, I love a challenge and it seems like that would suit me. Maybe some day when I grow up!

Elycia, what great news about getting reimbursed!! At least that kinda cusions the blow a bit from being so inconvenienced. I'm so glad for you guys! Healthy food does tend to get pricey, especially stuff that is out of season. However, I figure I'd rather spend the extra for healthy instead of kicking the bucket with all my money and cheap food in my fridge! It still stings though everytime I check out! Today I did good though, got about 4 days of menus plus all kinds of fresh fruits for $55. Go me!

Britt, WTG on the weight loss!!! Fabulous job chicky!!! Oh trust me woman, we've got earplugs coming out of our ears! Literally! Nothing quite prepares you for that jarring door slam that rocks the entire household at 3am. Actually the door slamming thing is EVERY time they come in or out of their place. Our front door and kitchen window literally rattle each time, it's disgusting. Funny: the people who lived their before these 2 creeps, family of 3, never heard them! EVER! Coming or going, being home, nada. This is why this whole scenario just irks me to no end, because we know how possible it is to actually live quietly. KWIM? Hope you got your house clean. Eww, inlaws! Just kidding!!! Yours may be good ones, mine on the other hand are not so good.

Well ladies, about time I get some dinner rolling. Haven't gotten on my bike yet, the repair man was late getting here to fix my dishwasher so I put it off til later. Which may be good as after dinner is when I have huge tendancy to snack... Cross your fingers I get it done!

CBL

♥danielle
Old 08-02-2006, 09:37 PM   #74  

Aqua!!
It was so great of you to find that information for Danielle. It isn't fair to have to live that way. I guess mentioning my experience with the dog sort of trivialized it. I just hope all of it is resolved soon.

Elycia, I'm so glad your losses will be covered. I'm sure that was just a huge relief. You're right. Healthy foods are far more expensive. Even when you're eating out! Now, when we eat out, we will usually have middle eastern food because I have a lot of low carb options that way. Plus the food is yummy. It's costly compared to just picking up a pizza or a couple of burger meals.

Brit, congrats on the additional weight loss. It's such a great feeling. I'm going to weigh in again on Aug 10. I keep telling myself that the number won't matter because I know that I've gotten smaller. But boy would I love to see the scale read at least 2 or 3 pounds less!

Hi Lynne. I tried cod liver oil capsules once. Is that what your son is taking? I didn't really follow through with it as well as I should have. I think I quit taking them after about two weeks. What type and brand does your son use? Thanks so much for the advice.
I actually met my husband online. There was a guy I dated briefly for about 3 months, before I met my husband. The other guy was the first one I'd dated in six years.
There were nights that I had trouble sleeping and would go online to a chat room. Most of the time I would just read. I didn't chat unless someone noticed me and asked a question. Well, one night this larger than life "character" came into the chat room. I knew right off that it was just a character, but everyone else seemed to buy into it. Eventually I found myself going into the chat room to see if he was there. For weeks I never even spoke to him, but I thought he was so smart and so funny that I always enjoyed reading what he said. Plus I was always intrigued by the fact that all the people in the chat room seemed to believe everything he said.
One night someone mentioned a book that no one in the chat room had heard of. Except for my husband and me. So for once I engaged in a chat room conversation. Pretty soon we had tuned out the others and talked about this book for about an hour. After that we chatted one on one. Oftentimes for like 6 - 8 hours straight. We had time because I was having trouble sleeping at he was laid off from the plant where he used to work. We have similar views on religion, spirituality, politics, family, etc...
So after about 2 months of chatting online (messenger & webcam) and on the phone, we met for coffee. For another 2 months we met for breakfast, or coffee or at the zoo. We started chatting in October 2003, met December 2003 and went on a real date in February 2004. That was wen I allowed him to pick me up from home. Even though I had a good feeling about him, I was still cautious about online dating. He's the first and only online person I've ever met offline. I can still talk to him for hours. We got married in June of last year.
BTW, about the low carb info. You're welcome. I'll always share any information I have about anything. And help in any way I can.

Danielle, I'm so glad that there's going to be a board meeting. Please let us know what happens. What those people are doing is just unacceptable. Yes, and by all means, stay away from the scary neighbors. Keep doing what you can on your end but, like Aqua said, you may have to consider leaving if things don't improve.

Well ladies, I just finished my 2 Mile Leslie Sansone and the Pilates dvd. I'm definitely going to stick with it. I was worried about being too tired to do the Pilates after the aerobics, but it was fine. I'm thinking of just doing it all in the mornings before work. That way, I can pay more attention to my husband in the evening. Boy to men need lots of attention! But I love him.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:15 PM   #75  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Amanda, by no means did I think you trivialized anything. I'll tell ya, at least I am not feeling like a nutjob and the only one who thinks what's going on is ridiculous. I am super glad that people have shared experiences, its comforting in a weird way.

My sister met her husband online too! They've been together for 9 years and are absolutely perfect for eachother. I was tickled to read how you and hubby met, something great to share with your kids when they get older. Kinda like with my hubbs, I was his boss! my kids love hearing those stories.

Will definitely keep everyone updated on my saga.WTG on the exercise sweetie,you're doing awesome!

~danielle