Old 07-20-2005, 07:53 PM   #166  

just a wee quicky ,HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIG AND HOLLY SORRY I FORGOT ,dont please worry about me im taking it very easy ,i strip of wallpaper to 30 minutes sitting on bum,my family have learned the best way is to just let me get on with it and gently hover under the ladder only kidding ,im starting to feel ever so slightly pregnant now very tired keep falling asleep at the drop of a hat lol some very strange meal times at our house just now
right ladies its 1 am and im knackered again
night for now
kirsty+bump
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:35 PM   #167  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Thumbs up Happy birthday July worldly chicks!

I am harmoniously accompanying this graphic by playing DH's harmonica.
Attached Images
File Type: gif HappyBirthdayAnimated.gif (8.9 KB, 232 views)
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:47 PM   #168  
Choose your hard

Quickie post for me, I swear I don't know where the time races to. I am creeping out the door later and later so before I find myself in hot water, I am going to bed earlier and have already set the alarm for 30 minutes earlier. I have chosen my outfit for tomorrow - temps are pushing 100 over here. And I'm looking forward to my chef's salad for lunch tomorrow.

Mel, I'm not sure what's funnier - that fact that you were smart enough to keep the old walkie talkie or the comments that would come out of your mouth when you found that you had maybe accidently run it over. Somehow I have to believe you would make a great joke of it.

Holly we anxiously await your decision. Maybe if you get involved at higher levels at Avon you could convince them to get cool bags for their products instead of those dull white ones.

And Shad, is it true that your pumpkin would be different than ours?

Great, I can't go back and see the posts on the previous page. Guess that's a sign that it's time to go brush the teeth and race to snoozy land. Catch up with you later...
Old 07-21-2005, 12:39 AM   #169  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

http://www.sydneymarkets.com.au/fandv/pum_index.htm

Everything you wanted to know about pumpkins and more.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 07:26 AM   #170  
Choose your hard

aha, that explains it. Thanks. No grey pumpkins here - only orange ones but we do have all kinds of "squash" including butternut here - year round.

Squash is most often served as a vegetable. I'd say there's more variety in recipes for the October orange pumpkin including soups, dessert bars and pies.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:38 AM   #171  

Thanks for the birthday wishes.
There was $10 missing in my card from my Grandma. I guess I am too old for cash!! LOL!!!!!!
So far I feel just the same as yesterday.

I have decided to take a "leadership position".If someone new in the area signs up to be a rep I will mentor them, I will receive a percentage of commision from their sales. I have no quotas etc.I will give it 3 months and I can delink at any time.

Mom and dad are coming to take us all out to dinner. There was the usual drama because our plans didn't fit around dad's golfing. Oh well. I stood my ground and got dinner out of the deal!! weehee!!

My mom has painted me a picture for my livingroom. I am excited about it. I need to take down a bricbrac shelf and dust.

I gave her pics of some peaceful rural scenes and then she went to town. She has done this for all the gal cousin when they turned 40.My sis is next in 2 years.
I have a ton of tidying to do.It shouod be mandatory to have a maid on your birthday!!

Love to the chicks!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:06 AM   #172  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Happy~ My favorite saying for everything is WTF!! It fills in for so many occassions!!! You can use it for anything I get many a laugh from many a person when the blue streak comes flying out of my mouth! flylady would love that you will be on time and also laid out your clothes!!! YGG!!!

Shad~ how did all this pumpkin stuff come about!! I will bookmark the page and go there later. I thought they were just for pies and Jack-o-lanterns! Pumpkins in the Land of Oz....now there is a Fantasy thought. Have you lunched in the garden yet?

Linus~ I rally know that you wouldn't do something absolutely stupid.....but if you do then don't tell me!!

Holly~ my Northern friend.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND HOPE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE....EVEN THE AVON ONES!
;cp: HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

Maybe some food shopping tomorrow. Just not up to the crowd this morning. One in the office is on vacation till Monday so some decisions are falling to me. The other too nervous to make them! lol Good thing Gram raise me the right way.....to be independent! some rain and cooler temps tomorrow so maybe I should put a slicker on and cool myself off! I think some dusting and polishing are in order today. Hope yours is a great one
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:17 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Exclamation

Holly--Happy 40th birthday May you have many more. Glad you decided about the Avon managment position.

Tig-Happy belated birthday to you. 60 is a good age. Can we celebrate again today?

Hello to Joy, Mel, Linus, Teel Have a good day.

Almost forgot my neighbor Happy How are you doing? We didn't get as much rain as Memphis did. Isn't that strange, I'm just an hour's drive from Memphis. The clouds looked like they were hovering the river.

Not much going on here. I'm pleased that my weight is starting to go down again once more. I've made a couple of major changes and it is working. I'm using the old method of dieting--Counting calories and then burning them off. Weight this morning was 180.6. All food is logged into fitday.com.
Had an epsiode of IBS this week due to a little debbie Zebra cake, so I'll not be eating those anymore. I may be allergic to this also. That would be a blessing in a way if I were.

Have a good day. Use caution this week end. It's going to be hot.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-21-2005 at 09:20 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:59 PM   #174  

Yaa Hoo on a couple of counts really.

1. It is Friday and the weekend stretches in front of me.
2. I have a friend coming to visit tomorrow and I am really looking forward to that.
3. Scale is looking a bit more reasonable this morning.
4. Well, just because really.

Great workout at the gym last night. Felt good at the end of it - stuffed but good. Drove home, feed the cat, showered and got stuck into the necessary work.

Dinner was quick and a I baked a cake, did a load of washing, paid a couple of bills and cuddled with the cat while trying to stay awake to watch a tv program. Sleep however won and I woke up some time later. Went to bed and couldn’t sleep for ages.

Miss Puss is not pleased with me cos I put up some white timber venetian blinds in the lounge room windows and now she can’t sit on the window sill and watch the world pass by the door. Not much of the world has passed by the door lately. She is going to be even grumpier with me when I do the same to the spare room!

Tonight is dusting the computer table and get it ready to move down to the bedroom because the painting and sanding will be starting in it’s corner next week. Progress indeed. I need to get the electrician in soon to sort out the lighting, fans and power points - not to mention aerials for tv and also I need to think about where to put furniture so I can get at the plugs on the wall. I would like to fill the entire wall with cupboards and drawers & shelves and it is a long wall. We shall see.

Anyway, time to go start my last scheduled training class. See you.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:55 AM   #175  

Turning 40 ROCKS!!!!!!!
It was a great day.
I did housework all morning. DH has finished the new deck and steps, he needs to build the railing today. It is like a new room. It is 33 feet long( length of the whole front of the house) and 7 feet deep. The kids think it is a stage. Much performing has gone on.
Mom and dad came to take us out for dinner. It would seem there is a new normal established. There was no anxiousness and it did not feel as intrusive and there was absolutely no negative talk about anyone or anything. We all had a really nice time. The painting Mom painted for me is a peaceful dream. It all soft tones, a rural scene, with an old barn up on a hill and a meadow down in front with all my fav Ontario wild flowers!!!
The kids got gifts too.
Dad bought DS a brand new set of kid sized Dunlop golf clubs!!! My dad loves that my son is athletic. He excelled at many sports for all of his life. It is a nice bond for them. There is a course in London that allows kids so the 2 of them are going next Friday.
DD got some new beanie babies to have something to open but also got some $$ towards gymnastics in the fall.
After dinner the kids and I popped into Walmart to take advantage of the summer furniture sale and bought ME a 3 seat porch swing with a canopy!!!!

Had a great sleep!! I have 8 kids this morning and then 4 go home. Much toy tidying to do later.
Baseball tournament tomorrow at 10:30. Casual party here tomorrow night for ME. I have no idea who is coming. Sort of a drop by thing. We have a sitter for over night with our kids. Then I dont have to get up in the morning!!!!!!!!!
Having my coffee right now!!!

Thanks for the wonderful birthday wishes. I LOVE the friends I have a 3FC. You make everything in this life better!!!!!

Shad~ poor will have to adjust!! The blind sound very nice a fashionable. I like the Yahoo for just because!!

Ceejay~nice downward trend!!

Mel~WTF just about covers all life's hurdles!!!!
Happy~ HI!!

Linus~ take is easy!!

Hello to the other worldly chicks!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:18 AM   #176  
Happy September

CEEJAY~ I WAS THINKING OF YOU THE OTHER DAY....WE HAD A HUGE HOT WATER LEAK AND FOR 2 DAYS WE HAD THE WATER TURNED OFF EACH TIME THE PLUMBER CAME! :FAINT: CONGRATS ON THE NEW PLAN WORKING AND THE LOSS!! GREAT NEWS!

HOLLY~ I AM SO GLAD THE DAY WAS A GREAT ONE AND THAT THINGS ARE 'ROLLING' ALONG SO WELL TOO! I AGREE.....WTF SAYS IT ALL!

SHAD~ HOPE THE WEEKEND AND VISIT ARE GREAT!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME. BEATS TRYING TO CALL YOUR FRIENDS WHEN THEIR LINES ARE ALWAYS SO BUSY! POOR MISS PUSS!!! ONE WINDOW MUST BE HERS!!! LOL GLAD THE HOUSE IS COMING ALONG SO WELL TOO. HAPPY WEEKEND!

WENT OUT THIS MORNING FOR A FEW MINUTES. A GIRL WAS KILLED NEARBY AND NOT FAR FROM MY 'ROUTE' THAT I TAKE. SEEMS SOME MAN HAS BEEN SEXUALLY ASSAULTING WOMEN IN THE NEXT TOWN AND KILLED THIS GIRL IN THE PROCESS. SCARY STUFF. WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE CAREFUL TILL THEY GET HIM. SO I HAVEN'T WANDERED ALONE TOO FAR. OTHER THAN THAT....MY 6 WK CHALLENGE STARTS AGAIN ON MONDAY. OF COURSE I AM HOPING FOR SOME KIND OF LOSS!
I'LL START COOKING TODAY AND GET MY PORTIONS ALL BAGGED UP AND READY TO EAT. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!! GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!
Old 07-22-2005, 11:34 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello all to the wordly chicks,

Holly--What a great bd present. That deck will be well used.

Mel-Please be careful. Glad it was the hot water and not the air conditioner.

Shad--Enjoy your week end visit.

I am planning on doing some errands this morning. Pay check arrived this morning bright and early 7:30 a.m.

Got to bed on time last night. Was exhausted after mowing the lawn. I waited until the yard was shaded and cooled down a bit. That was my exercise for the day. Talked to my girl friend via IM.

Tomorrow afternoon I will be making my week end drive to my aunt and uncles in Paragould. It's about 45 minutes drive from here. It's been a couple of weeks since I've been there and am looking forward to the visit. My uncle told me yesterday that my aunt was doing great after her surgery.

Time to get moving.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:06 AM   #178  
Choose your hard

Hi Peoples,

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. It was my turn to host a staff meeting today and I had to prepare some stuff last night. But now it's Friday evening - my favorite time and I am free, free, free for 2 whole days. Well, sort of free beyond the usual rounds of chores and such.

Going to be a hot one this weekend. Temps kissing the triple digits and humidity to boot. Great pool weather. I got in a good swim tonight after DH and I had a simple supper.

Ceejay - hope you took frequent breaks and drank lots of water when you cut the lawn. That's hard work in this weather. Congrats on the loss and have a safe trip. What's Paragould? I remember you mentioning it before in the journals. It it just a great little get away town where your relatives live?

Shad, I hope you are having the best time visiting with Chris. It's a shame it has to be such a short visit. And I'm sorry but you just have to figure out a way to give Sunday back her view to the world or you may find yourself with broken blinds. Our cat would jump on top of the bedstand/bookshelf and poke her head under the curtains. This would leave a semi circle of calico colored hair (light hair on dark parts, dark hair on light parts) all around the curtain where it rested on her body. There was no taking her away from her sunny window.

Geez my inner ear really itches on one side. Time was that this was a precursor to getting a horrid cold. Tell me I'm NOT getting a dreaded summer cold. I feel just fine. But I hate the itching you can't scratch.

Mel, please be careful on your outside excursions. How scary for you! Are you starting Michael Thurmond's plan again? What's on the menu for next week?

Holly - a new deck AND a new swing to go with it? Sounds just heavenly! Glad the DH got the building done for you. And fast too! Enjoy. How cute to hear that the kids think it's a stage. They are going to be mighty disappointed when the railings go up.

Well it's after midnight and even tho it's Friday night I can sleep in tomorrow, I'd like to get up early, get the laundry and cleaning done so I can enjoy some afternoon pool time - extra sunscreen please. I am also getting the urge to get going on my bicycle again tho DH is ready for an hour's ride up and down the hills and doesn't really understand that I am not strong enough to keep up with that. Especially being as hot as it's going to be. So I guess I have to try and sneak out on my own to build up some endurance. That will be hard - on both counts

So, hellos to the other worldly chicks and a fine day to all. Happy weekending!
Old 07-23-2005, 05:40 AM   #179  

Hello to everyone on this cool Saturday evening.

Had a wonderful visit with Chris. It is so good to have a friend who one is so comfortable with. It just like having an old pair of comfortable walking shoes around the place. Such a good day. Time went by far to fast but that is life. It always does when we are enjoying ourselves. We've more or less sorted out the route for the Italian job. Both of us were not interested in sticking to the cities - we want to explore the little mountain towns of Tuscany, Umbria and the Veneto. Then a bit of time in Switzerland maybe? We haven't worked that one out yet. Chris tells me this will be her last big trip. She is looking to return to NZ in three years time. I shall have to find a new travelling companion if I am going to continue travelling. Anyway we will just have to make the most of this one. Who knows it may be my last as well.

So I'm now processing my vegetables for the weeks lunches and dinners. Then I am about to watch a bit of tv cuddle with the puss cat and a fairly early bed. Tomorrow will be busy. I have another part of the ceiling to plaster and paint, some sanding to do, some grouting and I really must wash the car. There is a need to go to the hardware store and the gym must be visited. As well the washing needs hanging out and bringing in, folding and ironed. The lawn needs mowing as well. Aaaaaah well no rest for the wicked.

My DB1 just rang to thank me for the orchid that I put on his doorstep tonight. He has been in bed for a week with pneumonia. Still doesn't sound too bright but is on the road to recovery. SIL is still waiting for the 2nd scan to decide the story on her tumour of the pancreas. Haven't heard from the rest of the family so don't know what happens then.

Time to go get those peppers out from under the grill and then to watch that tv I was rabbiting on about previously. See you
Old 07-23-2005, 09:37 AM   #180  
Happy September

Shad~ Sending healing thoughts to the family. I am glad the visit went so well and you thoroughly enjoyed yourself. Take me to my favorite places in your heart when you go! Exactly where I mwant to retire!!! What a wonderful trip to look forward to!

Happy~ Was it OP food for the hosting?!?! Yes I am going on Michael Thurmond's 6week plan again. The menu has a lot of chicken on it!!! I'll be clucking for a month afterwards!!! Hope you get to the bike riding but what a time of the year to get started!!!! Good luck!

Ceejay~ Have a great time in Paragould when you get there and I am so glad the Aunt is doing even better! Stay cool with that mowing!!! Too bad there's not a grass seed that just grows to a certain height and stops!

Went out for a bit but did not wander far. I can get fresh (LOL) air in my own back yard but I miss the wind in my hair part. (bugs in my teet are an option if my mouth is open!)
I started reading my mysteries in the backyard. If I save them for the parkm they maay never get read! LOL Very light mysteries with a teashop owner solving them all.
I am cooking and cleaning a bit more. Yesterday got a bit away from me while chatting with people. Feeling a bit brain dead with sinus meds but happy nonetheless. Happy Saturday/Sunday and hope it's a sunny one