Old 07-04-2005, 03:02 PM   #61  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all.
Feeling a bit brighter this morning. Slept really well apart from a potty trip down the hall at 1.30am. Eyes not dry either and the only thing annoying me at the moment is the nose. Sinus' have lept into gear at the dust and debris floating around in the air.

Meadow, I did two tests on my young ones. They passed with flying colours. They were just good, eager, keen and attactive young folk whose brains are not clogged by doctrine and old ways. They were also computer literate and fast on the keyboard. One of them is apparently a budding IT nerd, best to let that variety just get on with it. They can pick up all sorts of interesting facts and short cuts etc.

Oh and while I think about it, some one in the journals asked whether we have something called Feliway down here. Well I have never heard of it. Apparently it is a spray on tranquiliser for cats travelling in cars. You might ask your vet about it Meadow. My old cat was no problem in the car. You simply picked her up and plonked her in it. She settled in the footwell of the front passenger seat and stayed there for the entire journey more or less. Sometimes she would glare out the windows when we stopped at traffic lights. But Sunday is a totally different story. Put her in the cage she yells, let her out and she becomes a ballistic missile in the car. Strange cat that one.

So on to today. No class this morning since I finished that yesterday. So I will go in a little later and bone up on this afternoons session for Investigation cases. That is supposed to take 1.5 hours. Maybe an early afternoon as well??? Maybe not. There are a couple of courses coming up I must take some extra care over - especially the board of directors.

Think that is about it for the time being. Can't think of much else right now. Best go find something for breakfast and lunch and get a few little jobs done before work. See you later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 06:52 PM   #62  

evening ladies ,just thought id beter pop in and let you all know we are all in one peace incase youve seen any of the news reports about the anarchists march in edinburgh today we steered well clear and went to the botanic gardens instead we had a brill afternoon lots of squirrels and ducks even a mommy moor hen with 2 chicks ,lots and lots of very beautiful flowers and plants but no roses??????????? ive took lots of pics and will post them as soon as hubby sends them to my hard drive {he has the usb adapter plugged into his comp}
i have the hospital tommorrow to have my growth scan and then to see the consultant with hopefully the date for my c-section and hopefully for me and hubby to see the babys flavour AUNTY mel ill send you the new scan pic if i get one ,
SHAD your box full of lovely pressies got here this morning TEEL was glad she was here to ooh and ahhh aswell i absolutly adore the wee man ive sat him on my radiator in my livingroom so i can look at him and both teel and i had a giggle trying to describe him to teels mum down the phone thankyou so very very much for your wonderfull gift you have all been so very generous and kind to myself and my family
i wont have any moans in this post so im not going to mention the house as its really getting me down now and eating very much into holiday time with teel
right folks ive been up since 6.05 am and its now 23.51 this very fat lady needs her bed
night to all and to all my american freinds enjoy your very special day
lots of love
kirsty+big bump
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:08 AM   #63  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Ceejay~ I cannot believe Eli is a year old already! Where has the time gone? You'll have 2 surprises then when you go.

Shad~ When you have shorter classes does that cut the week's time down too?!?! Good luck with the "investigations"!

Meadow~ I would like AB to help with "altering my difficulties".

Linus & & Teel~ Glad you didn't get involved with the unhappy people and get arrested!!! We would have had to send Shad over ther to get you out of the Old Bill!!! Good luck with the testing and hope Teels visit continues on happily!!

It's a dark and gloomy day today so it's a great one for getting the paperwork done this month and put away. Jen and the BF came home yesterday. Tired from the long trip. Drove to and from Florida with only one night layover. He had to go to work today poor sod! Not much new here. Still minimizing my junk and life is more simplified as I go along. I need to make an appt. for transportation cause the eye dr is Monday again. I better get off the phone line and DO IT!!!
Have a great day
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:35 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Holly--my sister used to break out in hives when she ate strawberries. I've broke out in hives while using some of Avon's bath products also. Could be both. Good luck on finding out what it is.

Meadow- The sad time of moving to me is packing the U-haul. I know you will like it once settled in your new surroundings.

Hi to linus and teel.

Shad--Don't you know not to mention the word Fireman in front of Mel. Those uniform's get to her.

Mel--I like the what I read in the Daily Motivator.

Yesterday went pretty well. We had a local business to burn yesterday. Doesn't look like it can be saved. The fire gutted it. Lisa had another fire on her shift. This looks like it might be arson. They tried to burn a mobile home and blame the transformer.

Mother nature gave us fireworks also last night. The storm wasn't to bad and we needed the rain.

I've just sat down. Think we will pass inspection. There is still a couple of things on my to do list before I go home, but that will not take more than five minutes.

Gotta get some paper work done.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:28 PM   #65  

Default Hey Hey its Wednesday

At least it is Wednesday. That's good isn't it?

Linus, so pleased you got the parcel so quickly, although the lady at the Post Office did promise me only a couple of weeks. She was right hey. Unfortunately I had to take the wrapper off the wobbly man, so I can't remember what he was called. I had a bit of fun with him as well before he got packed. Miss Puss wanted to have a go too, but I dissuaded her. Anyway glad you liked the parcel. I did actually try to find a Koala or Kangaroo to put in the parcel, but they are all made in China or Korea or somewhere and I wasn't prepared to guess how well they had been made. At least with Tommee Tippee I know they are okay with the consumer council as far as toys go.

Mel, my time is now pretty much as I want to make it. I work around the classes and am now only doing about 39 hours a week. Which is fine, because I get to leave early, get to the gym early and get home at a decent hour. Still good money so I'm much happier.

Holly, so sorry to hear about the hives. Lots of water to flush the system as well as the antihistamines. I got a bad dose of that some years back when I took too much Vitamin B. Everything swelled and I looked like I had done a round or two with Mike Tyson. So think about that as well. Water, water and more water.

Ceejay, sorry you had to work on a holiday. But then someone has to do it or the world would come to a stop. Are you thinking of going on holiday to Ky soon to see the little ones soon?

Happy moving Meadow. Just keep piling things into boxes - throwing out the junk when the owners are not looking. You'll get there in the end. The cats have probably already worked out that something is in the wind. Good luck with the move.

Teel - hope you are having fun. Since you haven't checked in, then you've either met someone who is taking up your entire time, or you are having so much fun you forget that we exist, or you are miserable. Wonder which it is?

Happy - do you still have visitors or are you just slacking off over there?

When was YP due back from Gran Canaris? And is Tig still running around the lake???

Gotta go. Time to work.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:12 PM   #66  
Radiate self!

The computer is set up on two tv trays. It will probably be packed tomorrow and we will be up the road for the big dump of it all in the house. Should be fun trying to find places for all this stuff. I haven't culled as much as I thought I would be. It is all going up there and will find its way to the dump or the charity shops once I am less muddled. Thanks for all the good energy, I'm trying to stay positive about this, new horizons and trying new things etc. Ralph Marston even did a post about it That guy is psychic! Shad I like your running cat, the wobbly arms are too funny! Mel, if
AB were helping me with my difficulties I wouldn't be bothered a bit Whee! Thanks for the thoughts Ceejay, you never know, I might like it Hey Linus how was the scan? Are you cooking at the right temperature? Woot Holly, what are you up to? Hey chicks this is probably my last post till next week or whenever the phone gets hooked up, it is the country, they might only have people to do that kind of stuff once a month I may be gone for quite a while Onwards, upwards, always!
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:41 PM   #67  

Good luck Meadow. See you soon I hope.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #68  

HEY !!!!! be kind to us country folk!!!!!!!
The slower pace of life is very easy to adjust to after city life, I PROMISE!!!!!!!!
Have a joyful adventure!!!!

I am still very swelled( 8 lbs since yesterday) ,no hives. I should have gone to the doc but will wait and see what tomorrow brings.

You will see a bit of this out front of the post office. I find them cute now!!??
Attached Images
File Type: gif Farm_boy.gif (3.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: gif Farmer_with_chicken.gif (4.2 KB, 9 views)
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:37 AM   #69  
Happy September

Meadow~ BYE!!!! HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU.....UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN! (an old cowboy song) Good luck in your new home!!

Shad~ I am glad your hours are shorter and paying so well!!
I was wondering.....LOL My hors are almost non-existant now!!! I hear there is much arguing going on downstairs Guess they are stressing out with taking up their reins again!

Holly~ Hope the hives subside soon! (((((HUGS)))))) I know they're no fun. Get well soon.

Ceejay~ with you at the helm there is good hope for a perfect inspection....or as close to perfection as it can be!

Hello to all the others. By now Tig could be on her way to Happy's or Naes!

Gloomy!!!! It looks more like 8PM than AM!!!! I could just go right back to sleep! We have more auditors here so I'll stay far away! Maybe tackle a closet or my dresser drawers. Spent the day with Jen and we had a good chat. Birdie went home with her. Peace reigns at Mel's at last!
Happy Wednesday!!!! (or Thursday as the case may be...LOL)
PS~ I have not been getting any notifications and was wondering if I am the ONLY one?!?!?!?
Old 07-06-2005, 08:20 AM   #70  
Happy September

Ceejay~ I almost forgot.......OOOOOOH!!!! Some smoke alarm trouble at a building down the street.....lots of firemen!!! Trucks FULL of them! Thank God nothing was wrong but they hung around long enough for me to rush down and watch! I had just gotten home from the drs that day!
Old 07-06-2005, 02:23 PM   #71  

Went to Emereg this morning because my whole body was very swelled up!!
It is hives. I got really concerned about how much I have swelled up and the joint pain.They are all symptoms. It takes about a week for the reaction to leave the body. Benedryl it is.
I feel better knowing it is not more serious.
There is no way to tell what set it off but I do have a question. If I were reacting to the Avon shower gel, when would I have the reaction? I have used it for 3 weeks with no reaction. Would hives come on have after that?

I think it is from pulling ragweed out of the garden. And this is how it manifested itself.

I do adore my friend who came to be with the kids and my grade 8 boy. I came home to happy, fed kids and a spotless house!!!!!!
My dad just picked up DS to go to the driving range and DD and I are going to nap.
I wish i had a hammock today. it is beautiful out there,23C, light breeze!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:09 PM   #72  

Stupidity strikes again
Me that is - just had this entry all written out and then added a link to my new photo album and previewed everthing and LOST THE LOT. Hello, Shad....... brain is where???

Anyway it is sunny Thursday here. The weekend is looming and I’m ready for it. The living room project is at the stage where you can actually see results and not demolition anymore. I love it when things get to this stage.

Been having a long think about my whole eating/ exercising/ working/ playing/ rest thing. I have been putting on weight again, which I am a tad unhappy about and the measurements from the end of June were a little depressing to say the least. So yesterday I decided to have a sort of fasting day. I ate only apples and the mussell/ tuna steak salad for dinner. I drank lots of water and went for a walk in the Botanical Gardens and took photos at lunch time. Today I find I am down one kilo and I feel more like my old positive energetic self again. So...... maybe there is something in the things I have been eating that are not doing my any good at all. It has to be water retention to drop that amount in a 24 hour period. So what have I been eating that contains salt. I guess I have not been reading my labels too well. I don’t use salt much at all (generally only with an egg) and never in cooking. I flavour food with things like herb mixtures (herbes de Provence, Tuscan herbs, Greek herbs) and spices (Chermoula, szechuan, paprika, lime and chili, Thai flavours and Chinese 5 spice) and I am now wondering if there is more salt in those than I realise. Check the labels Shad. You keep advising others to do it, now do it for yourself.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I think I will cut back a little on the food, check the contents carefully, drink more water (again) and eat more fruit and veg than bread or meat and watch what I buy in the lunch places very carefully.

I took some photos of Brisbane City, Brisbane River and the Botanical Gardens yesterday. If you are interested, try this link Brisbane
Old 07-06-2005, 06:17 PM   #73  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hi, I'm back. I got back early yesterday morning, but with an overnight flight followed by work pretty much straight away my body clock's been a bit messed up.

Not to mention I ran my first 5k race today, so I've been busy! I'm absolutely amazed by my time, I've never even got near 30 minutes before, and I did it in 28 minutes 37 seconds. I nearly died of shock! Even better, I raised nearly £350 for charity (and might get past that if some late donations I've been promised turn up).

Anyway, I really should get some sleep now and let my busy, hard working legs rest a bit.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:47 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello ladies, not much going on today. Inspection went very well. There are a few niggles that will have to be done. He was really impressed. I over heard James tell him that I did 99% of the paper work. It passed with flying colors. He showed him some bookkeeping from the computer. The inspector seemed to be asking him a lot of questions about the formats that I use in my system of bookkeeping. (My made up formats)

Tim, my supervisor, is in the hospital. He hurt his back at work. MRI's were done today and we are suspecting he'll have surgery. He's in severe pain.

I really dread going to have those test run tomorrow cause I just haven't done well with that restrictive diet. They probably will not run the test because of it. I'm thinking about calling and rescheduling it. There has been to much stress this month for me to concetrate on it.

Holly--glad your hives are beginnng to calm down. :hugs:

Meadow--Be careful. Have a safe trip.

Mel--You are to funny. I'm still laughing

Shad--Yes I'll be going to Kentucky, probably in October.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:47 AM   #75  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chickies, I'm back at last.
Had a great time with the family. Everyone liked it here, I think they were all rather surprised that this is nothing like they thought it would be - and rather pleasant to boot. Last 2 days I have been really tired and almost felt like a deflated balloon. I've been chalking it up to being wired for the last 10 days with everyone coming and going. Now I'm doing all the washing and cleaning up in the aftermath. Happy to report no weight gain, even a small loss here. We ate but did lots of swimming and some touring around. Nothing excessive on the eating. Going back to work reminds me of how it would be SOOOOO nice to be able to stay at home and choose how I want to spend the day. But staying home doesn't pay the bills, does it? So as Shad would say, I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go.

Shad, I loved your story about Sunday the cat and the adventures of the vet trip. Very creative writing. Good thing that only happens once a year. I understand too with the salts in the food. I swear it lurks all over, most obviously in packaged foods but could be in some of the combination seasonings too. Oh and I peeked at your latest album, some very nice pics in there. What a gorgeous city you live in!

Welcome Ceejay You'll like it here.

High five YP on both running your race AND collecting so much for your charity. Good going!

Holly, hope you are feeling better and that the hives have subsided. I would tend to agree with you that getting a reaction 3 weeks after you used a product seems odd. Perhaps little by little it built up an aggrivation????

Good luck with the move Meadow, hope all goes smooth.

Oh Mel must be in heaven - firemen all around Don't be straining those peepers young lady

Linus and Teel, sounds like you enjoyed your visit together, you wait so long and then it's over so quickly, isn't it?

Time to get showered and ready for another day so I'd better run. I might be back tonight but I have a homeowners association meeting tonight. Hope that won't last too long. I hate to sit there and yawn. At least it's a short week to ease back into the working world again.

Hellos to Nae and Tig and another else I may have missed. Talk to you later, have a great day.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote