Old 07-23-2005, 04:05 PM   #181  

hi chickies, the bathroom is finally finished ,the roman blind is up the sink curtain is made and up aswell,and it looks good ,now for the kitchen lol then the hall and were done with the major hassles and just wee niggly bits to do
SHAD glad you had a good visit with chris ,i have beech wooden blinds up at my windows and as an extra precaution moved the sofas away from the windows aswell so cleo cant be nosy {i got fed up with cleaning windows every day due to wet noses}
MEL you take that mace with you hun just incase you dont acccidentally run over the bad guys stay safe hunny
HOLLY glad you had a great day with no hassles enjoy the party
right folks i am off just too tired to stay awake any longer
love to all
kirsty+bump
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 03:57 AM   #182  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Something weird is happening to my keyboard. It seems to be turning itself in to capital letters all the time. Then it highlighted my post and deleted the lot when I typed the next letter. Grrrrr. Better get this one sorted out.

Didn't get my list done today. No painting, sanding, plastering or grouting - but I did work in my garden and get a fair amount of weeding done. I did get to the gym, I did get to the hardware store, the washing did get done and is now waiting to be folded up. The car did not get washed nor the lawn mowed. Aaaaah well. There are days and then there are days. I will catch up.

Linus, I'm glad to here that things are being sorted out at the house. You will be looking forward to resting up when all of it gets finished.

Ceejay, enjoy the visit with the relations. Drive carefully.

Happy, happy swimming and working out in the pool. Good to hear that you are getting plenty of use out of it.

Holly, so glad the birthday celebrations went off okay. The deck sounds great. Was this planned or part of the birthday present?

Mel - just be careful out there. I hope they catch the a*sehole shortly. I know what I would do to him. He wouldn't be feeling too crash hot for some time. Tried to ring you this morning but it was the usual story - no ring, then the engaged signal, then nothing again. You need a Jeeves on the answer phone. At least then I could leave a rude message.

Okay, clean the kitchen, have a shower, get into jammies and cuddle the cat. Bye y'all.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 09:09 AM   #183  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Shad~ sorry for the phone. there were alarms all over the place these last few days and I have been in and out. we'll make a date for next weekend. Let me know what a good time is. Your keyboard sounds like mine! And here I am blaming the "user" I am glad you were out in the garden.....the house will still be there when you next tackle that to do list! have a great week.

Linus & ~ good for you and getting it all sorted piece by piece. it must feel good to see the progress. You and Shad should get together and start a remodeling company. she could be in charge of demolition!!! Hope you had a good rest. aunt Fannie says hello to !!!

I can't seem to find out about that man they are looking for. Will ask a cop tomorrow what's up. Been finding plenty of stuff to keep busy with right here anyway and the heat was a bit much anyhow. This has been my month for money. I got a surprise from Marilyn who retired.She left a belated BD card here with cash and then the next day I got a check from the state to help with the cost of air-conditioning. my Dr had written a letter saying it was a necessity. I feel Blessed to say the least. I must spend it wisely. I owe Jen 200 so that takes care of most of it I borrowed from Peter to pay Paul awhile ago and used her $$ to do it. So I'll give it to her now. she could use it for the winter and Christmas. Now she is only cleaning for one person and $$ is a bit tight but her body can only take so much now.
We had a great weekend of movies and talking. I mam exhausted!! Tomorrow is the Mall so I might see you Tuesday instead. Still looking for a big powder puff. I was thinking of what to buy for myself as marilyn said last night to go out and spend it all on me. It's funny but I can't think of anything. life seems to have gotten so much simpler(sp) since the bus thing. I have jen and my friends and neighbors. All you Worldly Chicks. My books and dvds and cds. All my chairs are working....well not the oldest one. And I am almost 100% recovered....as the Dr said, it's the best we can hope for and although I am a bit sad, I am pleased I bounced back as well as I did...he in turn is shocked!
Maybe I finally have it all. Pilgim, your search just might be over!! Hope you all have a great day and be well. Hope too that the week is a JOY filled one! (chuckle)
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 10:26 AM   #184  

Shad, this is our 6th summer here with no front porch at all. the door opened into air.
The money has been in the bank for 3 years. Hubby needed a few days off ina row to builkd it and that happened this week. Coincidence.He built the back deck last summer. We had a temporay one there before.
Gardening sounds delightful.
Can I be the painter in Shad and Linus' company????? Pleeeeease.
Mel~ We are blessed to know you!!!!!!
Linus~ the bathroom sounds wonderful. All clean and new. Are feeling at home yet??
Meadow~ are you settled in yet?????? I am missing you here!!!
Ceejay~ hope you are enjoying the visit with your Aunt and Uncle.

A little bleary this morning. Just had a big piece of choc cake with my coffee. LOL!! I am not really a sweets person. It was decadant and yummy. I am ready to refocus too. I have a month now before school starts and things get really busy and all my summer commitments are done.The next 5 weeks are all about me!!
Our party was great last night. About 20 people stopped in. I received gifts!!?? I am feeling spoiled and blessed. One of the Mom's I sit for had a pine quilt rack made for me. My partying gals all brought this huge cake and bottle o wine. I had a sitter here for over night. She's still here. We had fireworks. Lots of dancing and laughs.
We had quiet cozy moments out on the front deck!!
Friends, old and new got to know each other better.
I was up til 3 and got to sleep in til 10. Yeah!!
The house is tidy. Absolutely NO PLANS or CHORES today!!!! I may lay around and watch decorating shows all day!!

Today I will think first before I eat! No more wandering the house with a sandwich in one hand, tidying toys etc with the other or making phone calls.......

Have a splendiferous day!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 02:21 PM   #185  

Aaaaargh! stupid computer...I haven't been able to get on for a few days so its a very belayed HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TIG AND HOLLY!! I should have done the greetings early but I thought I would get in again!!!

MEL keep safe sweetie whilst horrible minded people are lurking around. Thanks for that beautiful colourful post a while back...great to see appearing!!

LINUS I am SO pleased that the home improvements are coming along to your satisfaction at last...can't wait to come back and see it all finished!!

SHAD I am very soorry that DB1 is ill with something nasty. I hope he recovers well and quickly. I am glad you had a good time with Chris and have started to make plans for next years holiday. Itlay and Switzerland!!! Ooooh jealous is what I am!!!! Good luck with getting through to Mel! I can usually not manage it and end up having tried half a dozen times over ther weekend and still not having any luck!!!

Its been a wet and rain-filled day today and for once the weather forecasters got it exactly correct!!! As long as it isn't still raining in the morning when I have to hang my washing out . Later I have to go into town (6 miles away) to meet with my social worker. We have arranged to meet somewhere that has a garden so we could sit in the sun but somehow I think we might be sitting inside!! Its so dark out there tonight I have already put the light on in the study. Poor children! They have just started their summer holidays here so it might be a very trying few weeks!!

Got my 5 (!!) rolls film developed yestrerday!!! Cost me a small fortune! Some have come out really well but others not so! Somehow the first 3 on the Bass Rock film got a shaft of light through...I don't know what happened there, as the other 20 were absolutely fine....

Well I have to leave it there for today as dinner is nearly ready...I can smell the bbq mini ribs cooking! Next time hopefully I will continue to regale you with tales from Edinburgh!! That is of course if my IPS ever lets me in again!!!

Take care everyone....
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 04:04 PM   #186  

Eagerly awaiting Edinburgh tales!!! (and pics)Hope the isp behaves!!!
Nice to "see" you Teel.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:19 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi ladies

Had a good week end visit with my aunt and uncle. My cousin brought his children up to see me as I was a little late with William's birthday present. He reallly liked it. It was Nascar related. My cousin liked it also. My aunt is coming along nicely with her surgery. Got to see all 3 of my uncles this week end.

Holly--Glad you enjoyed your birthday party.

Happy--Paragould is a city where I was born and raised. My mom's people still live there and I go visit on week end's--with one of my uncles (mom's brother)

Shad-Glad you had a good visit with your friend. So sorry that your DB1 is still so ill. Hope he gets well soon.

Mel-Glad you have had a good day. Trip to Paragould was fun.

Hello to Teel, Linus and bump.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:01 AM   #188  

So the weekend has finished and I am back to work - usual story. Can’t think why I wasn’t born rich instead of beautiful.

I have a couple of things to do tonight and then I can get back to reading the Italian book and trying to work out what I want to see. Chris has left a few things on the list so I had better read up on them to figure out what she wants to see at these places. I am also going up to Japan on my frequent flyer points in October - want to see the autumn colours up there and will spend about 10 days with her, probably during Golden Week. (A week where they have so many holidays, they don’t get to go to work very often.

Apart from all those fun things, it’s back to the chores at home. Washing is being done, dishes are yet to be done. The weekend wash is yet to be folded and the ironing needs to be finished. DB2 appeared on the scene to tell me that his DD (my DNiece of the football fame) is causing them a bit of strife - surprise, surprise. She wants to leave school and go full time at her job. Naturally enough the parents are somewhat perturbed. I offered what advice I could and said I will have a go at her next time she comes for the footy. Life does get interesting from time to time with my family.

Went to the gym tonight on my way home. 40 minutes of tough weights and resistance training. I was sure sweating when I finished. But it feels good when I am finished. Just about ready for the shower now, but I best get to the chores first.

I’m going to have Wednesday off work I think. There is little to do at the moment and it seems like a good idea to work 2 days and have a day off and then work another two days and have two days off. That’s the way I would like to live I think.

Anyway, I had better go and hang out this load of towels then get some of the chores done.

Oh by the way, it is Mooz49's birthday today. I have wished her happy birthday in her thread. If she pops in here as she sometimes does:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOOZ
Old 07-25-2005, 08:21 AM   #189  

"Can’t think why I wasn’t born rich instead of beautiful. " Me either Shad, me either!!!!
I guffawed out loud when I read this and scared the kids!!!! Too funny. I need it on a T shirt.
Ceejay~ glad the weekend was good and your aunt is doing well.

I will go see Mooz too!!!

This is kinda like New Years again for me.
All my big commitments are done. There nothing on the calendar til the kids go back to school.
In the last year and a half I have completely stopped binging. My portion control is good. My food choices are mostly good. I HAVE lost 18 lbs.
I feel great. I have resolved the little issues that eat at me.
So…
Today I will eat consciously.
I will stop and ask myself, is eating this food for my highest good.
I will sit down at the table when I eat.
I will do yoga every other day and walk or ride on the opposite days.
This is my plan!!!!

I had a LOOONG sleep but still feel tuckered out from life in general.
Tidying and kitchen cleaning first thing. I want to move a wall unit in the livingroom today. I dont have the time or $$ to paint the room so I will try to make it more pleasing.
I seem to drop 5 lb and coast for a couple of months. It is time to drop the next 5. Looking at 220!!!

Have a great day chicks!!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:09 AM   #190  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I SENT MOOZ AN E-MAIL YESTERDAY. I HAD FOUND HERS AND LESSOFME'S BD ON MY CALENDAR! LOL THERE WAS NO MALL TRIP AS THE BUS NEEDS NEW BRAKES. SO I WILL GO NEXT WEEK. DARK AND DREARY HERE BUT I WILL FIND SOMETHING TO KEEP THESE HANDS BUSY! LOL HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY. MY SHOULDER IS BOTHERING ME SO I'LL KEEP THIS SHORT. WAITING FOR THE NEW TALES OF EDINBURGH, HAPPY HOLLY IS GOING TO GET HER HAND SMACKED NEXT SHE GRABS FOR CHOCOLATE CAKE AND DOESN'T GIVE ME SOME, HOPE IT'S NOT SHAD CAUSE SHE ALWAYS HAS A POWER TOOL IN HER HAND OR IS SANDING MOUSES! YIKES! cEEJAY HAD A GREAT FAMILY REUNION! LOL OK KIDS....SEE YOU ALL MANANA!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:47 PM   #191  

hi chicks ,the arthritis has funally reared its ugly head and is causing me much pain and bother doc said to go back on the anti inflamitories the same ones the obstetrician said to come off of so????????????? ill wait and see how much of the pain i can take before i put up the white flag
stay well and happy and ill be back soon
kirsty+bump
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:29 PM   #192  

Morning all,
Linus - oh dear. Please rest up and take things a bit easier. Check with the obstet bloke before you take any drugs but don't stay in pain either. There needs to be some sort of compromise somewhere along the line.

Mel - the shoulder is back?? Good lord. As for the phone - how about I try to ring you at around 6am Saturday MY TIME which is about 4.00pm Friday YOUR time. If thats not good for you, what about the next day. We can make it later if you wish, but I do have to be up the road to the eye man at 9.00am Saturday and it takes 20 mins at least to get there.

Holly - good to see all committments are done and gone. Relax, there will come a time soon enough when you are haring around wondering where the time went and what you did with yourself.

Wonder how Meadow is getting on. Maybe she can't get on because the electrician has connected the power to the roof and the plumber connected the taps to the power outlets. Maybe the roof is under the floor and the floor tiles are on the walls etc. Just kidding Meadow. Log in and let us know how it is!

Forgot my pass again today. I am getting really good at this - my forgetterer is magnificent. Maybe one day I will forget to come to work. That would be fine! as long as they don't forget to pay me!!!

Speaking of which time to go and do something so they will pay me.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:41 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Linus--I understand about that arthritis pain. Hang in there and take Shad's advice on the med's.

Holly--Good for you. Accomplishments under your belt is something to be proud of. Congrats on that 18 pounds gone.

Mel--Ouch for that shoulder. You must have been reaching to high. Don't over do.

Shad-- You are busy as always. You make me tired just reading about it.

Back to the grindstone today. Paper work has been caught up from the week end. Felt like I'm grading papers. There were some mistakes--Men!!!!I'm beginning to understand LindaT reasoning behind men.

Hello to all the rest.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-25-2005 at 06:44 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:02 AM   #194  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey ladies,
Sorry I haven't been around. DH's computer conked out and he seems to always get on mine just when I'm trying to get on it. And here it is almost midnight, I have promised myself not to stay up so late anymore.

The night just flies. Rushed home, got a good swim in, then we grilled up some fish and had fresh fruit and raw veggies. A bit of TV, a few chores a quick phone call and the night is done. I am giggling over Shad's comment of forgetting to go to work. Oh if it could be so. Not so sure this place would appreciate that as much as the old one would.

Ceejay good to hear you had fun this past weekend. Thanks for clearing up Paragould - it almost sounded like a place - like "Graceland" rather than a town. If you have a spare 7 or 8 hours, let's chat about men at work, shall we? - ok, well there are a FEW good ones but...

Linus, sorry to hear you are under the weather. I sure hope bump is a good baby and a sleeper for you as this pregnancy has been one long bumpy ride for you. Take care of yourself.

Mel, you have cracked me up with the comment about Shad coming after us with a power tool in hand. I'm not sure what will make me listen to a lecture more - you with the high rising chair in the air or Shad and her electric tools. And you'll probably bring your friend Linda with the cattle prod, eh?

Holly, hope you had a successful day on plan with your new resolve today.

Boy oh boy it's tropical steamy down here. The pool was 90 degrees - not even refreshing for me who finds the water usually cooler than I'd like. I'll bet we could even grow some of Shad's orchids.

Dinner was grilled salmon and cucumber dill salad. Yumm. Lots of good fruits here in my kitchen today. And it's way past my bedtime so I'm going to run to sleep before I get to picking at any more of that fruit tonight.

Night 'all. Pleasant dreams...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:40 AM   #195  

HI Happy!
Hi Shad!
How is Nae? Meadow?
Linus~ be sure to double check about the meds. Hope you find some comfort.
Hi Mel!
Hi Teel!
DD went for a swim and sleepover yesterday but I got a call at 10pm because she couldn't get comfy and needed to come home.
I entered my Avon order. Biggest one yet. I have a few phone calls to make today and then I send it tonight by 11pm.
I moved furniture and pictures in the livingroom and I painted a shadow box shelf.The room has seemed too dark but I have lighened it up considerably with curtain etc. Just cant afford paint right now.
Food was much better yesterday but not great. I ate 2 chocolates that were gifts.
I did wander about mid aft looking for a snack and did not eat and took DS to the library and then bought him and DH icecream and none for me. 2 small victories!!
I hung my old quilts on the new rack. I smile every time I see them!!

Have a peaceful day!!