Old 07-26-2005, 12:49 PM   #196  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD~ THE DAY AND TIME ARE JUST FINE! WHATEVER IS BEST FOR YOU. I WILL STAY OFF THE PC!! LOL STICK THE PASS WITH YOUR FOOD TO GO TO WORK OR DON'T YOU TAKE ANY? LOL JUST DON'T FORGET TO COME HOME OR PORANGI!!!

LINUS~ I DO HOPE YOU CAN TAKE THE MEDS AND GET SOME COMFORT. YOU'RE OVERDOING IT AND INFLAMMING EVERYTHION!!! YOU ARE JUST AS BAD AS I AM!!
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON!!

CEEJAY~ MEN!!!! YES INDEED I TOO CAN SEE LINDA'S POIUNT AND OFTEN WANT FULL OWNERSHIP OF THAT CATTLE PROD OF HERS!!! WHERE WOULD THEY BE WITHOUT US TO STRAIGHTEN IT ALL OUT!

HAPPY~ HARD TO FIND TIME WITH A DH, LONG JOB AND THE GREAT OUTDOORS. DON'T KNOW IF I COULD!!! LOL POP IN WHEN YOU CAN AND WE WILL ALWAYS BE GLAD TO SEE YOU! HAPPY SWIMMING AND HOW ARE YOUR NEW PETS, THE ROCKY RACOONS?

I WENT SHOPPING AND THE A/C IN THE BUS DIED ON THE WAY THERE. WILLY WAITED OUTSIDE AND I GOT OUT FAST SO HE COULD TAKE ME HOME BEFORE IT GOT ANY HOTTER.....IT WAS 90 BEFORE 10 AM! HUMID?! AND HOW!!!! WELL I GOT MY STUFF AND JEN'S FEW THINGS AND OFF WE WENT. THE BACK OF THE BUS IS HOTTER THAN HADES!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!! AND GOOD MORNING MISS SUNSHINE
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:51 PM   #197  
Happy September

HOLLY~ DON'T KNOW HOW I FORGOT YOU!!! CONGRATS ON THE BIG AVON ORDER! GOOD THING JEN AND I AREN'T NEAR YOU OR IT WOULD BE BIGGER. NEVER COULD SAY NO TO A FRIEND WHO SOLD THE STUFF! HOPE THE DAY IS GOOD AND THE LIV. ROOM SOUNDS GREAT. WHEN YOU'RE READY TO PAIN, SAVE SOME ENERGY FOR MINE!
Old 07-26-2005, 03:13 PM   #198  

hi folks im officially grounded to the living room with my pooches as hubby has just glossed the bottom of the hall so i thought id pop in for a blether,pains not too unbearable today im coping with the fact that i chose to continue with this pregnancy and therefor take the concequences and i have to admit ive had a not bad 7 months so i really shouldnt complain too much and i have to admit the nausea and heartburn p**s me off more than the pain ,as of friday i only have 6 weeks left till our baby shows its face so i really am on the last legs now and soon itll just be dirty nappys ,breast pumps and sleepless nights and im really looking forward to it ,,,,i know im mad but i honestly didnt think id ever be able to do it all again and greived for every milestone conner took thinking it would be the last ,and now i have the added bonus of not having to go back to work or worrying about child minders ,i can just sit back and let mother nature do her very best .
SHAD with you on the missing memory mine went years ago i write everything of importance down or poof its gone never to rear its ugly head again
MEL its blooming cold here hunny fancy a visit
MEADOW where are you ???
ROSE where are you too????
HOLLY glad the avon thing is going so well for you ,what we did for this house is to buy the emulsion and gloss in bulk ,then buy a pale cream for the bedroom but a far bigger tin than what we needed and weve just either added darker paint to it {for the kitchen}or white{for the hall}and therefor managed to keep the budget within reasonable limits
HAPPY im sending cooling thoughts to you i cant handle the heat at the moment so very glad edinburgh is living up to its cold summers
TEEL im just going to call you
TIG im thinking you and slim might be enjoying harley time
CEEJAY ive been with my hubby for 20 years now and i still dont undrestand him all that much
right folks im going to call teel and sit on me bum for half an hour -or so ive decided that the meds are not for me the doc has said id need to stop taking them 3 weeks before i give birth and as you all know babys will come when babys want too and these tablets can cause premature closing of the heart valves so im not taking them ill stick to my heat pad lol
night to you all
kirsty+bump
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:29 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

holly--Glad your avon is doing well. Did you decided on the management position?

happy--I agree with you on the weather. I have to go outside perodically to check on the chemicals. My eye glasses have been steaming over!!!! that's hot and humid.

Mel--I forgot about LindaT's cattle prod. I could see if my uncle that used to raise dairy cattle still has his. It would come in handy in this department.

Linus--6 more weeks of pregnancy. Bet you can't wait until that little bundle is here. Is it a boy or girl? My nephew and his wife are proud parents of a new baby girl. Can't wait to see him and his family.

Shad--hello.

All men are not bad. It's just that they can be very irritating at times. One of my bosses has been my best friend for years.
It's time for me to make a chemical check. For those that don't know- I work in the water treatment plant of our city. Been here 13 years and plan on staying another 7. By then I can take my 20 year's and retire.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:20 PM   #200  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

A quick post and then Iím off to the gym, do a bit of shopping and then home to catch up on the chores here. Iím having today off work. It means I wonít get paid for it, but hey it feels so worth it.

Slept in to 6.30 this morning and woke to a delightful dawn and clear sunrise. There is a bit of a breeze blowing which will dry the washing - thatís if I ever get it out there!

Today I intend to take the computer and fax/phone down to the bedroom so I can sand some more in the lounge/ dining room and do the necessary painting as time permits. I want to do some more plastering on the ceiling as well. The lawn needs a mow and there is some more weeding to be done in the garden. I will keep myself busy I think. Oh yes and the two roses which passed into the hereafter immediately after planting have been despatched and I will need to find something to replace these. A nursery up the road is advertising the best selection of roses in town. I may go and check that claim out after gym today.

Speaking of gym and diet/ food related topics, it is the end of the month coming up this weekend. That means measure and weigh in. Oh boy AGAIN!??? Well I guess we shall see what we shall see.

My trip plan is slowly starting to gel. Chris has left me in charge of the planning while she is off visiting grandkids and family. This old hen is busily researching the net and the travel guides. Today I shall have to see if I can find some stuff on Switzerland. This could be interesting, bearing in mind she doesnít like heights and Iím not big on buses. Training it seems to be the case in Italy. More revelations as they come to hand.

Righto then, at 8.16am Iíll be wasting time if I stay here longer. Have a good one. I'll be back to check up on the doings of the friendly chicks later today.

PS Teel, your card arrived finally. Thank you. I see they haven't painted the Firth bridge since the last time I was there either.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:41 PM   #201  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi girls, today was the nastiest day of the year for me. A total stinker all around from dawn to dusk. I'm going to go sleep it off and hopefully tomorrow will be better.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:16 AM   #202  

(((((((((happy)))))))))) Sweet Dreams!!! It Would Seem Tomorrow Has To Be Better!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:50 AM   #203  
Happy September

Linus & ~ I think you have done damn well for the 7 mos even with all the sickness and conditions you already have! Yes I fancy a visit!!! nothing like an aunt Fannie in Edinburgh!

Ceejay~ I laughed so mloud about the prod I scared the bird! I know they're not all IDIOTS!!! Just the majority! I could just see you with the prod at work!

Shad~ Glad you had a day for yourse4lf, money or no. Hope it filled the spirit with overflowing JOY!
I will weigh in and measure too. Haven't made any great strides except backwards!

Happy! ((((((((HUGS))))))) what can I say......Hope it looked better tofday!!

it looks like the heat will be way too much for me again so I'll find something to do. I got a letter form the Osteo test and they want me to make sure I add a supplement to my fosamax pill. Twice a day now for calcium, once a week on Wednesday's for Fosamax and I need to get someone to look at the results. DUH!!! I thought I asked one already!!! Guess he never did it!!The Ob-Gyn has left for Florida and bought a house there.....so I still need a new Dr..... always something. The pain in my thigh they said is the osteo. I would like to talk/see the Dystrophy Dr before accepting that though and make sure. There are days when I am so sorry I ever got on that bus! What a can of worms that whole thing opened!

Don't go there Mellie! Stay your clam and cheerful self
So I'll get some breakfast going here. Running late cause I had to take the Fosamax and you cannot eat for 1/2 hour or so. Starving now! LOL Hope you all have a great day and take CARE OF YOURSELVES!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:05 AM   #204  

Dull Day!
I may be dull too. LOL!!

Not much out of the ordinary going on. It has rained non stop for 3 days. The yard and flowers and farmers are happy.I havenít been out on my swing tho.
Spent most of the day on the phone yesterday for Avon.It is amazing how many orders I get for making follow up calls.
Another good order. All new people. I need to get everyone ordering every campaign. I need 25 orders every campaign to earn $200( every 3 weeks). That is my goal.
In really like running a business again. It is what I do best. it is a little stressful the day of the order. It will be better when the kids are back in school.
I ordered a dump truck full of topsoil for in front of the new porch and up the south side of the house. It all costs money tho. Causes some anxiety. We are intentionally going into some debt. Way less than the average young family but it is yucky. Life is expensive. FOOD is freakin expensive if you want to eat well.
I am hoping this is our last big expense til next year. We have the materials to finish the bathroom. After that is to refinish the upstairs floors, put in a beam and railing on the stairs and refinish the stairs.Next year??!!

Food yesterday was better again. Still not enough veg. I have been draggin my butt a bit and the veggies would give a boost!!
DH says I am tired cause I am 40 now. Gotta love the dear man.

Stay happy Miss Mel!!!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 02:17 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just a brief note. I'm at work. I have access to the internet at work but the past 2 nights I've not had internet at home. They are working in my area. If I'm not around the next few day's you'll know why.

More later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 05:10 PM   #206  

really really bad day i hate men and mankind in general craigs 16th birthday tomorrow so im feeling really old
stay safe and calm {hahahaha}
kirsty+bump
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:44 PM   #207  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'm calm, I'm calm, I'm bl**dy calm

Actually it is so laid back here, one could almost state that it is laid out! One of the business analysts is leaving tomorrow. We are all going to a trattoria or a cafe or somewhere for a 2 hour lunch break. Well some of them are going for a long break.

Had a lovely day off yesterday - only problem is that today feels like Monday for some reason. Oh po*p thats not fair!!! I went to the gym and did my 45 minutes and then felt drained at the end of it - ummm you idiot, you forgot to eat before you went. Duuuummmmmyyyyyy!!! After gym I went and got the meat and fish for the month and then went to the nursery and went stir crazy on the roses - they weren't wrong when they said they had a good selection. Anyway I finally picked up two - Fionas Wish and Aotearoa.
Fiona's Wish is named after the youngest heart transplant in Australia. It's described as being Red upper and creamy Almond underside petals with an deep fruity fragrance. Sounds almost good enough to eat AND some of the buyers price goes toward the Victor Chang Cardiac Centre - a heart/ lung hospital. Mr Chang - brilliant man that he was got shot in a hit and run accident shortly after the charity dinner which starred the late Princess Diana. She was dead not long after that as well. Anyway, Fiona has survived, she was 13 or 14 when she got a transplant and is now in her thirties I think and does volunteer work for the hospital among her other commitments.
Aotearoa is New Zealands gift to the world (according to the label) It is a deep pink (I really wanted a yellow but hey) and has a fragrance described as intense. I can only hope it is not intense in the Rotorua style (sulphur, rotten eggs perfume and very intense) According to the label it should never be planted on its own but in groups and hedges. Sorry but no room for more.
There was one other rose I was very interested in - a bright deep yellow/ gold rose called Golden Girls (it reminded me of us lot) however it had no perfume. That's why it got left behind. I can't see the point of a scentless rose!

Then I went home and had some lunch, watched a bit of daytime tv, packed away the months meat in the freezer and hang out the laundry. Lots of different bits of work called my name but I resisted them all and had an hour in the hammock. Such a lovely day out there.

So it sounds like it wasn't such a good day for the rest of you. Kirsty and Happy are crying foul - rotten day. Kirsty begins to sound like LindaT with the I hate man and mankind day. Happy Birthday to Craig from the Koala Lady.
Happy has overslept and got to work late and work was not pretty by the sound of it. Or something like that.
Holly is having a dull day - but anything that combines kids and phoning around can't exactly be described as dull my friend.
And Ceejay what !!!!???? another cattle prod. Oh heck can we stand it on the site.

Mel - so it's weigh in day on Sunday?? Uuggghh again? Seems like only last week I was moaning and groaning about having to do it. Okay. I was doing well, but every time I stop to think about doing well I do something stupid. Like today - I had my salad and was not hungry, BUT out in the shopping precinct (I'd been to buy some new trousers (of the unbaggy variety)) and then I smelt the small homemade pizza's in the deli and then I wanted something hot. It had to be hot. I'm such a dumbo, why can't I seek out soup or something, why does it have to be something with 1000000 calories and 5555gr of fat in it.

Anyway, better go find some work to do. The 'boys' around here are playing practical jokes on one another. I have stated loudly that none of this is my fault ever!!!!! (even if I did put the tape over the phone button - which he hasn't found yet)

Last edited by Shad; 07-27-2005 at 11:48 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:38 AM   #208  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Put the down lady! if I can't have it, neither can you! But I do understand the "I want something WARM" craving. Even tho it was still warm yesterday, I had the most wonderful chicken corn chowder for lunch and I enjoyed every drop of it.

Temps have cooled considerably here. DH and I wound up going for a late evening swim as I got home late from the office and made the whole schedule late as a consequence. The water was much warmer than the air for a change and we put on the lights which illuminated the pool which was quite nice. Mossies can't bite you when you're under water either.

Yesterday was a bit better of a day but still some residual aggrivation. Going to a friend's tonight for a BBQ, should be fun. So all I can say Linus is to wait a day and the feeling will pass. You can't be old, you're having a baby!

Stay cool Mel - I saw on the weather today that it's still quite warm up your way. Sending some cool breezes north to you. 71 feels downright chilly right now.

Holly, somehow I think that you are ANYTHING but dull! You're the kind to make your own fun.

Ceejay, I know what you mean about the glasses steaming up. They've been doing that quite alot lately. Hope you get your internet fixed.

Teel, time to come back with another installment of the vacation adventures.

Hellos to Tig, Meadow and Rose. Time to check in ladies. I'm off to the showers, it's another morning where the clock is going at double speed. Have a good one!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:26 AM   #209  

Happy~ A friend who was at my bday party asked me if I was hungover on Sunday. I only drank 4 lite coolers. Enough to get tipsy. I was just having FUN! Yes ,I make my own fun.
You sound less POed. The swim sounds glorious!!

Shad~your roses sound devine!!! Put down the pizza and have some soup next time.

I have had a headache for 3 days which seems to be gone.I think it was the low pressure system with all the rain.
Beautiful ,cool ,sunny morning.
I wore my granny flannies to bed last night after snuggling with a blanket on the porch swing, chatting with hubby!!!
Quiet week as I have 1 family on holidays. I am enjoying it. Yesterday my kids and I went to visit friends and had a swim.
She was talking about how lonely she is living out in the country with no neighbours.They have been there for 9 years.
I never get lonely here. In fact ,I could use more solitude. I felt gratitude for the happiness in my own life. I dont have anything to be discontented about.
I am taking 4 kids to the splashpad this morning and then my Mom is coming to pick up my 2 and take them home for a sleepover.Then Dad is taking DS golfing on Friday and dropping DD off on the way. Once again it wasnít what they(she) wanted exactly but it worked out with little conflict. Mom doesnít like having both kids, says it is tooooo hard and stressful. All I can think of is every weekend my sis and I spent at my Grandmaís all my life( she was the exact same age as mom in respect to my kids ages) while they went off to parties or travelled.My kids go to my momís twice year.And I hear MUCH complaining. Okay, enough grumbling.
We had a load of topsoil dropped off at 7am! Another $265. Gotta stop thinking about $$.
I need to get the kids packed and car seat put back in the van.
Kids helped tidy a bit last night. I was feeling frustrated with their mess.
Signed DS up for hockey last night. Another $500. sigh
Food was okay yesterday until I ate chips! BAH!!
Still need more veggies!!
We need to have a veggie challenge.
Hugs to you lovely gals!!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:37 AM   #210  
Happy September

Happy~ On the other hand i am snapping all over the place just like a dragon!! Grrrr.... The temps willbe so low it will make a "fog" over the pool soon! We are starting to come out of the hundreds! lol so I might get out. glad the day is better and hope the BBQ is/was fun!

shad~ What...no Smellie Mellies there?!?! the day off sounded leisurely. Gotta love the hammock time. What a twist of fate...you would have thought that Dr Chang would have lived a long and productive life. Diana too. Life is strange....
Hope the 2 bushes love their new home!

Holly~ I feel boring myself today. Draggin my butt. You though move so fast that I don't know how you could be boring!

Linus~ don't let the aggro get you down! LOL Men again! Hard to believe he's going to be 16!!! YIKES!!! Good luck MOM!!!

Ceejay~ Sorry to hear about the repairs near your house. But it gives you a break from posting! If we don't hear from you then Happy Weekend!

I can hardly move or think with all the sinus meds. I might have a bit of a lie in today again! lol Happy Thursday!!! Have a great day.