Old 07-02-2005, 08:27 AM   #46  
Student of the Hoof

Mel, THERE you are! I didn't know what your screen name was on the forums. HI!!! I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you!

Uhm.. and Hi to Shad and Ceejay, too! *wavelies*

Last edited by RavenToy; 07-02-2005 at 08:30 AM.
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:11 AM   #47  

Food was awesome yesterday and water. Lots of walking and bike riding!!!!!!
I am LOVING the bike riding!!!!
Last night was almost painless.Hubby the kids and I had a great day at home for the holiday and went to the lake at 7pm.
I wasn’t feeling anxious at all??!! We just walked in and it was like every other time. Everyone was pretty well into the wine and festivity. Mom kept pushing drinks on me and I calmly said no thank you each time. I didn’t “bite” on any of the usual digs/challenges. I saw them with so much clarity.Aunt and Sis clinging off each other.Mom over selling herself at every turn. Dad ignoring them all.
The kids love being there and playing with their cousin.Of course, they ALL think our kids and clever, perfect and very good looking. Wouldn’t have it any other way.
I left with the 3 kids to go to the beach and we had a glorious time wave jumping. It was too windy for the fireworks.
I did feel my separateness but it was not lonely or anxious. I do not want to be like them. I was also able to feel genuine fondness too. I do love these people.
It was great to come home!

THANK YOU for all of your support and good advice!!!!!!!

Mel~ I hope you are enjoying this lovley breeze today!!
HI Raven!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:13 PM   #48  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Well I am here. So is Sunday the cat.

I got her in her case (all four legs are going in different directions) and managed to shut the door on it before she came steaming back out again and accompanied by street cat music got to the car with the case. I did well this time - only bleeding from 2 places. One of the neighbours asked if the cat has had an accident because of the distressed yelling going on. Bonny has a Czech accent and we had to yell at one another over the top of the cats distress calls. Two dogs and a cat joined in the chorus. Bonny and I yelled louder to try to explain the problem.

Drove to the vet. All eyes swivel to my car at the traffic lights.

Get to the vet and there is a little Westie in the waiting room. The vet nurse shouts - ‘Okay Sunday is here. Take a seat’. The Westie disappears under the chair. The owner would like to follow. I’m tempted to go to the hardware store and buy earmuffs for all present. Eventually the Westie goes to see the vet. The vet is surprised that Heather (the Westie) is so keen to get into the surgery. Hi Joy yells Joe (the vet). I wave. Distress yells continue unabated.

We get into the surgery after the Westie has gone and yell at Joe about the cats health. Nothing wrong with her lungs. She has managed to wet the newspaper and towel in the bottom of the cage. Joe takes her out of the cage - the yowling ceases. Joe takes the cage out the back and asks the nurse to dispose of the wet towel and newspaper and reline the cage. The cat tries to escape. Joe and I and the nurse are chasing her through the surgery and corner her under the computer desk. She then quiets down but then accuses Joe of rape when he sticks the thermometer you know where. Fur flies when the thermometer is removed. She escapes off the table again. I catch her halfway down to the floor. More blood flows. Body check reveals she is in good health but needs teeth scaling. Since she only licks her chicken necks and wings she is never going to do it herself. Joe wants her back soon to do the job under anaesthetic. Wise man - he doesn’t need to lose blood. Joe decides to clip the claws so the mother has a bit of a break from bleeding to death. Vets are nice people. We put the cat back in the cage and I pay the bill. Two other dogs now in the waiting room disappear under the chairs. It’s quite amusing to see a Great Dane trying to fit under a normal waiting room chair. I put the cat in the car and drive home accompanied by the cats chorus. Cars occupants stare at us at the traffic lights. Get home open the cage. Cat gets out - SHE’S BL**DY PURRING!!!!!!!

Rest of the day is spent on a bit of housework, Body Balance class - good workout there, 2 hours of hammock time with a book, a bit of shopping and picking up the niece and nephew so they can come and watch the Lions play the All Blacks again (and get beaten again). We had chicken tacos for dinner and a glass of wine (nephew had a beer) and then I took them home. We all enjoy our football. Niece is an avid All Black supporter. She yells louder than I do. She’s recently become interested in our side of the family tree and is trying to understand the ramifications of being 1/8 Maori. Nice kids. Good to keep in touch with the young even if I don’t understand all that they are talking about.

Watched a bit of mindless tv and went to bed. Such is life. Today is all go. Painting, sanding, putting up some fixtures for shelves etc. Got to find some time to look at laminate flooring soon and a couple of new doors round the house and also get the electrician in. The list is now long enough to justify bringing him in. The bill won’t be too small either.

Oh dear Mel...... did I miss you out. You aren't all that far from my thoughts. Maybe I thought you were here with me. You are the body out there in the hammock at the moment. Ah no that's not you. You don't wear boots like that. Must be the son.

Holly so pleased to see that all went well on the family thing. It is a wise person who can see the family faults but love them anyway. No one is perfect and we are all different. Vive la difference.

Hello Raventoy. Good to see you come visiting. Hello to all others - linus, teel, Happy, Meadow, Tig and Nae, Ceejay and YP1 now swanning around the Canary Islands. So who have I forgotten this time??

That’s about it for the weekend from me. I look forward to hearing the tales of 4th July. Tales from Canada day sound like you have had a good birthday party. Have a wonderful long weekend to all those having a long weekend. To rest of us - just have a good one

Last edited by Shad; 07-02-2005 at 05:16 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 07:05 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

ShadWhat a day you had at the Vet's!!! You were brave.
I think animals are like babies in a sence that they can tell where they are headed. Glad all things are back to normal.

My fourth of July will be spent at work. Sigh.

Mel Hope your bike ride was enjoyable. My exercise today is mowing the lawn. That little bit of rain we got sure has made the grass grow. And it's not as hot.

Hi to all the rest, Holly, Meadow, Nae.

Hi to Raventoy as well.

I've spent a couple of hours this morning cleaning the living room. I'm quite please with the results. I must vacuum more. There was very little dust in the container this time.

Went to Walmart again and bought a matress pad. I put the matress in plastic a couple of weeks ago but the sheets kept creeping while I slept. This should stop that.

It's time to mow.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 07:55 AM   #50  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

RAVEN~ HELLO LADY!!! GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE AND SO GOOD OF YOU TO STOP BY!!! HOPE YOU DO IT MORE OFTEN TOO!:ENCORE: HOW ARE YOU, THE KIDS AND THE HORSES?????

SHAD~ I REALLY KNOW WE ARE BOTH NEVER FAR FROM EACH OTHER'S MINDS. JUST LIKE TO TAKE A SISTERLY POKE AT YOU ONCE AND AWHILE! THE CAT STORY WAS HILARIOUS BUT GUESS NOT FOR YOU! i COULD JUST HEAR IT ALL NOW.
BUT I WAS GLAD SUNDAY GOT A GOOD BILL OF HEALTH!
TELL DS TO GET HIS BUT OUT OF MY HAMMOCK!!!

HOLLY~ GOOD FOR YOU AND THE GET TOGETHER. IT WILL GET EASIER AS TIME GOES BY. I AM GLAD YOU WENT THOUGH AND IT'S NICE TO LET THE KIDS HAVE FAMILY TIME TOGHER. TOO SOON THEY WILL BE ALL GROWN UP!

CEEJAY~ SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR HOLIDAY BEING SPENT WITH WORK! IF I VACUMED MORE OFTEN THEN MAYBE MY SINUS WOULD FEEL BETTER TOO! HOPE YOU DON'T GO SLIDING OUT OF BED ANYMORE!

TODAY LOOKS HOT ALREADY BUT THEN IT'S SUMMER!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S JULY ALREADY!!! YESTERDAY'S RIDE WAS SHORT LIVED. GOT A CALL TO GO BACK AND RESET AN ALARM. SOME POOR OLD SOUL HAD OPENED THE BACK DOOR SO SHE COULD SIT OUTSIDE, FORGETTING IT'S THE WEEKEND AND ALARMS ARE ON! :FAINT: JUST AS GOOD CAUSE I WAS ALREADY SWEATING! LOL I HAVE BEEN GETTING ON A ROUTINE AND HAVE MY MORNINGS DOWN PAT NOW(I HOPE) I ACTUALLY HAD TO WRITE EVERYTHING OUT SO I CAN FOLLOW IT ALL. OME SIGN BY THE FRIDGE AND THE OTHER BY THE PC! SO EACH TIME I EAT I DO SOMETHING WITH THE EYES. THIS WAY EVERYTHING GETS DONE ON TIME. AFTER READING SHAD'S HEALTHY LIVING STORY....I THOUGHT OF MY OWN. I'VE BEEN IN THE 170'S FOR 1 1/2 YRS NOW AND THINK THIS IS THE END OF LOSING... SHORT OF A MIRACLE. I'M NOT UPSET ONLY A BIT DISAPPOINTED. BUT IT'S TIME TO FACE REALITY. BEFORE I STARTED THE PLAN I AM ON, I HAD ALREADY STARTED TO LOSE WEIGHT BY CUTTING PORTIONS AND GETTING RID OF SODA. THEN I GOT THE PLAN IN MARCH '03 AND WEIGHED MYSELF IN AT 200. SO I DARESAY I WAS A WEE BIT OVER THAT TO BEGIN WITH IN JANUARY OF 2003. LOST THE 30 LBS AND SEEM TO BE STAYING THERE. THE ONE THING I AM PLEASED WITH IS MY EXTREME CHANGE IN DIET FROM MOSTLY JUNK FOODS TO "REAL" FOOD! THAT MUCH HAS AT LEAST BEEN ACCOMPLISHED! SO I AM RATHER PLEASED ON THE WHOLE!
HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE AND GOOD MORNING MONDAY SUNSHINE!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 11:17 AM   #51  

You SHOULD be peased Mel!!! and Shad too. Being healthy and living well are incredible successes!!!
CeeJay~ do you have allergies? I did the mattress thing too. It does help. I could vacuum a heck of a lot more. Try to enjoy your holiday as much as you can.
Meadow must be revelling in Canada Day festivities or packing!!

I had a lovely snooze!!!!
Wow. Sitting here sipping my second coffee of the day at 11:15am. Sheer madness!!!!
Decadent and delightful!!!!
Yesterday was almost perfect til I had to see the BXB again,sigh.

DD wanted to spend the night at the lake Friday eve and did. I had misgivings but DH figured it would be okay. DS woke Sat and decided he would go back for the day.
Dh drove him up.
I went to London, Ont. to do a hair appts and swim with 2 gal pals. Wonderful.The city was so brown. Everything was heat scorched. It looked sad. Made me appreciate the beauty of where we live. All is lush still. My gardens are stunning this year. That is on today’s agenda, weeding and such.
I sat in my friends driveway debating whether to hook up with hubby at the “guys” ,sit out on the porch, watch Live8 and drink a few beers or come home, wash floors and revel in solitude. It was a toughy. I came home and cranked live8 through the stereo and danced about, hooted and clapped just like I was there. It was a reminiscing type of day beacause each act reminded me of someone I love or a great shared experience.......nice.
At 7:30 I went back up to the lake to watch fireworks and gather my babies.
Yesterday Shad offered me me a “wise woman” crown(thanks). It is a little askew today cause I was pissed off BUT I did not open my mouth.
Everyone was basically drunk on Fri, so everyone was crusty and tired on Sat. I heard endless reports from Mom and Sis about how whiney and stubborn my DD is. ARG!! I had sent up treats for my kids and Sis didn’t aprove of them and hid them from my kids.She also commented that she charges $8 a hour to babysit someone elses kids. During the fireworks her son was jumping all around and my kids wanted to but I wanted them to sit and not disrupt the crowd and enjoy the fireworks.Deep breath.
I was very happy to leave. I just dont need the negativity. Next I will hear about how difficult I am and and how my parents dont see enough of the kids. Sigh!!!
I take the kids there and then I hear how hard it is. Not conducive to visiting, frankly.
Okay ,enough of that crap.
I am having a great morning. Kids were crafting happily. Hubby is happy. My coffee is delish. My home is cleaner than usual!! I have glorious gardens to putter in.
There is a bath in my near future and grocery shopping later on.
HUGS dear chicks.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:59 PM   #52  
Radiate self!

Default Yep, I'm in the midst of the process

Shad has me all frightened now. I have two cats that I am going to have to find cages for and travel 5 hours up the mountains with. Mine don't travel around town well either, can you imagine what that noise is going to be like? Hugs to Shad for the slices out of her skin and a there, there to little Sunday and that CATitude

Mel-I think more than your weight has changed over the years. You have come into your own since last year, making time for yourself and setting limits. The number on the scale is great but the ease of mind you have at your ability to say "NO" now and feel good about it is immeasureable. You have come a long way baby! You need to hook up a little battery operated fan to your buggy and have an air-conditioned ride or a parasol. I've seen someone around here with a black and red umbrella on theirs, very stylish. Thank you for asking about the girls and their eyes, they are all better and I avoided catching it. Although my oldest's teacher was away for two days with pink eye, I guess he wasn't washing his hands I hope you are getting stronger and things are clearing up for you. Remember to breathe.

Holly-giggle, your family is a hoot! I'm glad you have the perspective now and can just shrug it off and not internalize all that crap. Passive aggressive stuff is very destructive, it is good that you can just put your hand up and say thanks but I don't agree and leave them to ponder what they have said I heard a bit of Live8 on the radio, tuned in just as Rob Thomas was finishing his "lonely no more" song. I was going wow, a live version already and then clued in that it was the Live8 concert If I was any slower I would be molasses

to Linus and Teel, come on, cut the chitter chatter and start typing what is going on? Are you fighting? Are you getting on each others nerves? Are you eating cake? Enquiring minds want to know

Ceejay-You should still wear a hat mowing the lawn, you can get a nasty sunburn even on cloudy days. Sneaky those rays, they will get you even when they are hiding. I hope the changes to your mattress means you have a better sleep experience now

Nae-any critters bugging you? It will be the flying bugs next, keep the raid handy. Mosquito season!!

I am packing. The moving van is in the driveway waiting to be filled. We should be up the road Wednesday and come back for the cats and the kids Thursday. I have so much dread about all this change but it is going to happen so I'm trying to stay in the flow. I hate the idea of all that dirt for yard, I'm so used to trees and flowers. I'm going to be spending alot of time in the garden making it look like something, hey, that is exercise, I might break a sweat
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 04:53 PM   #53  

alls well today except me lol teel has been on the royal yacht and has been eating italian food at one of my fav resteraunts ,me i have onset of flu and since i went out last night wearing high heeled boots i also have one bloody sore back ,were off to the botanic gardens tomorrow and i promise lots of pics for you all i think teel is keeping hers for when she gets home again!!!! me ill get hubby to resize mine tomorrow night and ill post them just so you know shes really here lol bye for now
kirsty and bump
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 04:53 PM   #54  

Hi all,
It's almost 3:45 p.m. Where has the day gone. Oh yes, getting ready for the Health Department inspector. The guy's have done a really great job cleaning. All I've had to do really is sweep the floors and get down a few cob webs that have been rebuilt. Oooh those grand daddies spiders!

I haven't done very well on my eating part of the allergy testing. It's way to restrictive for me but I have it all written down. I've not had any reaction except to the sodium, and that's not anything new for me. I relented Friday night and took a prescribed fluid pill and what a relief that was. When I took the pill I weighed 190 this morning I weighed 182. I don't like to take them.

I'm procrastinating on getting the monthly Health Depratment report finished, just about everything that I normally do has been put off just because I don't want to be here. Still have tomorrow to go, sigh. Guess I'd better get up and do the lab analysis for the water.

Oh forgot to mention. Some may remember me talking about my nephew going to be daddy again in my journals. Eva got here Wednesday about 3:30 p.m. Kentucky time.
I'd planned on calling him to find out the progress report on his wife. I'm going to wait until Mommy gets on her feet again and the weather cools down a bit before I had that way. My sister, his Mom is already there. I do have a trip planned to Missouri on Labor Day.

Well got to get up and do some actual work. Sigh.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:17 AM   #55  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July to all our American ladies. Mel, please stay inside when the fireworks start. I can't trust you with all those firemen about etc. etc.

Fairly boring sort of day at work today. Had a class that was supposed to last until tomorrow, however - young minds, no baggage and lo we are through both days work by 2 o'clock. Then the accounting side comes in and we are still there going to sleep at our desks an hour later. I do love having the young people in the class. They are like a breath of fresh air. Friday the class experience equalled nearly 300 years of service. Today they didn't even make 10.

Managed to do quite a bit around the house yesterday. Painted another wall. Put up some timber venetian blinds up, cleaned windows, mowed lawns and did the housework. Oh and I plastered a bit of the ceiling as well. Was quite pleased with myself actually. Not much will get done tonight however. I should be cleaning up in the bedroom and bathroom, but hey, one night off the cleaning, dusting, sweeping and washing will not hurt. Anyway, I'd like an early night and I am not going in early tomorrow either.

So love to all. I've got some reading of posts to do, but the eyes have had enough for the day. I'll catch up in the morning. See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:17 AM   #56  
Happy September

MEADOW~ HOPETHE MOVING IS AS PAINLESS AS POSSIBLE!!! I THINK YOU WILL GET MUCH MORE EXERCISE THAN YOU EVEN DREAMED OF!!! GOOD LUCK AND SAFE TRIP! I PITY YOU WITH CATS AND KIDS FOR 5 HRS!!! YOU ARE RIGHT AND I DON'T ALWAYS SEE THE GOOD THINGS I HAVE DONE....I FEEL BETTER ALREADY!!!

SHAD~ I LOVE WOODEN BLINDS. SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT MORE DONE WITH YOUR TIME THAN AT WORK!!! TOO BAD THEY CANNOT GET ORGANIZED LIKE YOU!
HAS SUNDAY FORGIVEN YOU YET!! ROFLMAO HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

HOLLY~ WHEN YOU HAVE 'SPARE' TIME YOU SHOULD GO TO www.dailymotivator.com AND VISIT RALPH MARSTON'S DAILY WORDS OF WISDOM. I GO THERE AND MAKE MYSELF LISTEN TO THE MUSIC AND READ THE WORDS ALMOST EVERY DAY. I FEEL I AM WORTH THOSE FEW MINUTES OF SOLITUDE! HE ALWAYS HAS SUCH GREAT STUFF....ESPECIALLY ABOUT LETTING GO.
FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS.
CEEJAY~ CONGRATULATIONS!! HOW WONDERFUL FOR YOU AND THE FAMILY! NEW LIFE!!! BET YOU WANTED TO JUST RUN RIGHT DOWN THERE!!!
SOUNDS LIKE YOU'LL HAVE A GREAT TRIP TO LOOK FORWARD TO. GOOD LUCK AGAIN WITH THE INSPECTION!!!

LINUS & BUMP & TEEL~ EVERYONE SOUNDS GOOD!! HOPE THE FUN CONTINUES!!! WILL KIRSTY EVER REALIZE SHE IS PREGNANT??? HEELS!!!! ENJOY!!!

I THINK IT HAS TAKEN ME THE 3 DAYS TO GET OVER THE LAST WEEK!! LOOKING BACK OVER MY POSTS, I HEAR A STRESSED OUT MEL. FEELING MUCH BETTER TODAY! THANKS FOR ALL THE CONCERN....FELT GOOD THIS MORNING. GOT LOTS TO KEEP ME BUSY AND A RIDE OR TWO TO SQUEEZE IN. JEN WILL BE HOME TODAY. THEY CALLED LAST NIGHT FROM THE CAROLINAS AND THE KIDS WERE SAFELY DEPOSITED WITH THEIR MOM ON SATURDAY. BETTER GET MY DAY GOING. BEEN LOUNGING AROUND SINCE 6:30!!! DIDN'T SLEEP WELL LAST NIGHT FOR SOME REASON. ABOUT 5 HRS. MAYBE A DVD DAY INSTEAD! ;rofl:
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY AND HAPPY MONDAY!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-04-2005 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:19 AM   #57  

Default happy 4th of July

mel--glad your day is off to a good start. And yes i did want to go straight to Kentucky. Eli is a year old and still haven't seen him.

Shad, Linus, Meadow, Holly. Hope your day is going great.

I'm at work so I'd better get something done.

Old 07-04-2005, 10:23 AM   #58  

Morning Chicks!!
I woke up with hives all over my entire body. Last thursday I had hives on my legs. I took an antihistamine and was okay. I figured it was overindulgance in local strawberries.Today is a different story. I am wondering now if it is the Avon body wash. Thing is, I have used the product every single day for 3 weeks. Would I start to react now???? I have also been pulling rag weed that I am allergic too. Would that cause hives??? Usually I react with the sinus/irritable thing.
ITCHY!!!
The house stayed beautifully clean for 2 entire days. A record. This morning the 6 kids have messed it up well!!
It is warm and breezy today. We have spent an hour out already.

Mel, you sound great today!!
Shad, I admire your well used time, LOL!! Congrats on the training gone well.
Wish I could help, Meadow!!!

Ceejay~ hope all goes well today. Cyber hugs for the new angel!!
Old 07-04-2005, 10:41 AM   #59  
Happy September

Shad~ Did you say fIremen!!!!! I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT....
I MUST GO AND FIND OUT WHERE THEY HOLD THE NEAREST FIREWORKS!

Ralphie Boy is reading my mind again!!! Scary thought!!!

THE DAILY MOTIVATOR
Monday, July 4, 2005

Make each challenge pay
+++++++++++++++++++

Challenge can make you stop, or it can make you unstoppable.
It all depends on how you respond.

Challenge can compel you to make valuable improvements that
you never would have attempted otherwise. Challenge can open
your eyes to a whole new level of possibilities.

When the challenges come, gladly accept the energy that they
have to give you. Greet each challenge with the expectation
that it will make you stronger, more capable, more
experienced, more effective.

Then jump right in and get to work on that challenge. The
more quickly and enthusiastically you get started, the more
real value you'll be able to gain.

Challenge will give you the opportunity to discover how very
much you can accomplish. And knowing how much you can
accomplish sets you up to accomplish even more.

When there is a challenge in your life, it's only a matter
of time and effort before that challenge can be transformed
into a real and lasting treasure. Take the time, put forth
the effort, and you'll surely make each challenge pay.

Ralph Marston
Old 07-04-2005, 12:10 PM   #60  
Radiate self!

Hey Mel! I did a wp on that topic too
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...a/ab-split.jpg
Packing and regretting how much stuff we have here

Happy 4th of July!!

Hey Holly, rashes are very annoying, I hope you figure out the root cause and get rid soon :

Shad-you are a marvel! I bet I would be all packed by now if you were here How interesting that the young ones sucked up the knowledge in half the time, give them a test and see how much they retained, that can't be right

Hi Ceejay, Linus, Teel, Happy and one and all

Last edited by Meadow; 07-04-2005 at 12:22 PM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote