Old 08-11-2005, 01:11 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad-- I'm still reading the posts!!! Just been busy. Guess I could copy and paste huh.

Mel--No I have not moved. The land lords are updating the apartments by putting new siding around the eaves and are putting on new shutters etc. They even put on some new window screens. I'm in shock. This fall I can air out the apartment. I'd better watch out the rent may go up.

Linus--bet you wll be glad when the little one gets here. I love babies.

This morning was my weigh in and was back up to 183 pounds but this is my fault. I was not on plan any last week and to top it off I ate a medium supreme pizza by myself last night. The sodium has done a number on me. To top it off it wasn't good.

I' ve been using the Morton lite salt which is a combination of sodium and potassium but this morning at the grocery store I bought a salt substitute that is all potassium. I've used this in the past and it has done wonders for me. My body detest's sodium.

Hello to every one else.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:17 PM   #287  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Ceejay it's good to see you! Cut and paste is good!!! lol Hope the rent doesn't go up!

Well chicks the news isn't good. I have arthritis and bursitis in my hips and God knows where else. They shot me up with steroids to the limit he said, gave me a shot for pain, a shot to keep the area numb and sent me home to see if it works. Soon they will test me at night for breathing while I am sleeping and evaluate my right shoulder. I am so sorry I ever got on that bus that day in May!

Anyway~ I promised I would take a shower, take a pill and lie down for tonite. He said...2 days of pain then the shot should start to work. We'll see! LOL He said I might not feel like doing anything for the next few days but then he doesn't know me so well! :strength: He's a great Dr with a great sense of humor and we had a good time even though he was killing me!!! he is also adorable to look at too which helped greatly!
So this just made me even more determined to lose more weight if I can. Going food shopping tomorrow and cooking over the weekend! I won't say that this too shall pass cause it cannot but I will say that life goes on! sorry I didn't get to everyone but I wanted to post before it all wakes up. Just in case he is right and the next few days are spent in bed! I promised to take a shower, eat and lie down so that's where I am going. too bad he couldn't come home with me!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:33 PM   #288  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh brother,
It doesn't rain but it pours. Mel this might have happened anyway regardless of the bus. The bus has only aggravated things for you. Thinking good thoughts for you. Let us know how it's going as you can. Meantime shower and bed sounds good. Maybe I could do that too. Oh no, its only 0830. Bit early for that. Let's try work instead, could be a new experience.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:50 AM   #289  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning everybody,
It was probably good that the site was down last night, I went to bed early as planned. Popped out of bed at 3am, raced outside but no meteors to be seen. DH saw one small one. After 15 minutes I decided to go back to bed - dissapointed as I was. By then I was half awake and tossed and turned alot - so did DH. I knew if I got up that I would have crashed and burned in the middle of the work day so I forced myself to stay in bed. Just rest quietly I said. Did get a little more sleep but woke up with a killer of a headache. Took some aspirin and it should be gone by the time I get out of the shower I hope.

One of the office complexes I work at consists of a bunch of buildings around a man made pond. Had an afternoon meeting at one and decided to walk over. I now know what they mean by poor air quality with the heat. I wasn't winded but my lungs hurt like crazy. I guess this means we'll wait a while longer before we dig out the bikes to ride. We're supposed to go to the botanic gardens tomorrow and it's supposed to be 97 degrees. We're going early but I would rather wait until next month when it's cooler. I think DH has his heart set on getting out of the house and taking some pictures so that means alot of standing around waiting for me. I guess that's better than huffing and puffing and running, eh? It looks like I've gained 2 pounds Not enough veggies and water the last 2 weeks.

Mel, I am sorry to hear about the arthritis. I would have to agree with Shad tho, this may have well happened bus or not. It kind of creeps up on you. Rest up and try and not let it get you down.

Ceejay good to hear from you. I can't wait until the weather cools down enough to open the windows again and air out the house. I hate A/C but there's no living here without it.

Holly, have fun canning this weekend.

Time for my steel cut oats and a shower. Made it through another week. Have a good weekend everybody and let's all stay away from the salt - shakers and salty foods alike.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:22 AM   #290  

Good morning!!!

Major rain showers here!!!! The kids were just outside testing their new raincoats I bought on Wed. Fun!!
I was supposed to have 8 kids but 2 are going to their grandma's. Whew! It would be crazy stuck in the house.
I am very happy it is the weekend. No plans but puttering. I will need to scope out peaches. Local ones didn't produce this year because of a killing frost when in blossom.
Probably Niagara peaches will be the ticket.
I need to do bookkeeping for babysitting and Avon. I detest bookkeeping.
Food and water were much better yesterday!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:45 PM   #291  

Hi girlies.
We are in the middle of a few days of thunder storms here. Lightning too last night.Holly declined to go outside for her evening constitutional until 03:20hrs last night...

Oh Mel...thoughts and prayers are with you my friend. I am so sorry to read about the arthritis and the bursitis in your hips I really hope the painkilling injection helps although I have had them (or a similiar thing) in my back a few times and no, none of them have helped and it is absolute agony for the few days following the injecton. Perhaps it will not be the same for you..it might even work!!!

Shad how are the abcessess going along? Have they gone yet? I wonder what is happening there..be careful...remember I had to have my abcess lanced earlier in the year and it wasn't pleasant at all, at all!! Linda T's soup sounds rather wonderful..good for keeping one warm and cosy in the chill winter months...

Linus...not too long to go now till the arrival of little one!! The house seems to be coming along a treat and hopefully it will all be sorted before arrives.

Happy I am sorry you didn't see any comets having leapt out in the middle of the night. Lucky DH spotted one or you might have ended up thinking it had never happened!! Gosh with that heat I am not suprised you have decided to leave the bicycles in the garage for a bit...wait until its cooled down to make breathing rather easier...

Here life goes on as usual.At last my g.p. came back to work from his 3 weeks holiday and I managed to get to see him yesterday and tell him how darn intolerable the pain in my ankles and back has been. I had tried to get my anti-inflammatories prescribed on the repeat prescription but the dispenser said that she thought the practice was not prescribng them any more, so I had to wait till Dr J. came back and I could plead with him. Of course he said he wasn't aware of any change in the practice's dispensing laws of this particular drug and lo and behold wrote me up for it and put it back on my repeat script...thank heavens for that...I came home and took 2 as a loading dose and today at least my ankles feel a whole heap better...

My decorator/builder has finally managed to paint the garage door without it raining on it in the drying time!! It looks really good. He has also put up a big shelf in the garden shed and has cleared a space for my scooter and my wheelchair so at last the spare room looks rather more like a study and a spare room and a lot less of a dumping ground!!
He seems ok at the moment but I know, as he does, that it is onmly a matter of time before the dreaded "C" disease kicks off beyond help by simple analgesics and he starts to deteriorate rapidly. He has cancer in his osoephagus and in his stomack and lymph nodes. When he saw the consultant he was given between 3 and 6 months to live. He has got to about 4 1/2 months and is, as I say, ok, but needing to take pain killers more regularly and he doesn't eat as well as he used to...I feel very badly for him.

Oh well thats enough from me for one epistle.
Hello to all.Have a good weekend and take care...
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:32 PM   #292  
Happy September

Happy Friday Ladies! I had a so-so day. got up and found the majority of the pain is under control. could it be he was wrong and I won't hate him for the first 48 hours! I did nothing that needed that leg.....just went food shopping and wasted the day away. Feels funny to be "retired' and there are still a LOT of angry people trying to adjust to it!
I do know that the bursitis was already here and got aggravated. I just wish it had all come on slowly like it was instead of jumping out at me! I also never expected so many painful disorders in one lifetime! Couldn't Buddha or whoever leave some for my future lives?! It will be a tough road to hoe but I am digging in my heels. I will tell you all that if I stand still for any length of time, I can tell you where each individual pain is! Ok enough of this topic!

Shad~ Guess we'll have our morning coffee together!
I set my alarm to remind me tomorrow. Have a good time at the gym today! :strength:

Happy~saw some tiny butterflies and thought of you and DH. I want to talk to the director and see if we can make an attraction for them next summer. maybe get a few of the more active ones involved with the planting. have fun at the ______(I forget what you said) and wear something cute and pose with the butterflies!!! DH can take some Happy shots!

Teel~ glad the man is getting you all sorted out and you have your parking garage now. With that spare room all decluttered we can all bring our sleeping bags and visit! Enjoy all the space and new look!

Holly~ i am wondering what projects you have set up for the coming weekend and next week!

well.......I had best get on and take my shower and think about dinner. Tomorrow is supposed to be a "do nothing " day and he said I could resume my normal activities on sunday....what could that possibly entail?!?!? I said all I do all day is drive around! He cracked up. but I did know what he meant. Never realized how much I use that leg in particular. It usually drives the shopping cart! Have a wonderful night and a super duper weekend! Good morning sunshine!
Old 08-12-2005, 06:06 PM   #293  

hi folks ,well 5 weeks today and hubby will be on to let you know what our bundle was ,its creaping ever closer and i seem to be running out of steam a lot more quickly ,hubby says it might have something to do with me being 8 months pregnant started getting the boys ready for going back to school but that means my most hated of past times SHOPPING craig and his gf went with me today so not so bad just blinking tired so for tonight im off to have the nice hot bath hubby has ran for me and ill be back tomorrow
lots of love
kirsty+big wriggly bump
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:37 PM   #294  

Mel~ you are sounding wonderful!!! I am planning on making peach jam, lol!! And maybe canning sliced peaches oh, and mulching the beds.
Linus~ I catalogue shop!!! Much nicer. 5 weeks!!!!!! Yahoo!!!! Get some rest sweety!!
Teel~it sounds like you are ready for company!!!! Wish I could afford a plane ticket!!

Hi to all!!
Old 08-12-2005, 11:39 PM   #295  
Radiate self!

Default Butterfly kisses to you all!

((((Mel)))) interesting that the bursitis and arthritis are holding hands and scrunching your bones at the same time, if I added a hug to that would it be more painful? I'm glad the shot is giving you some relief, find a way through, more oil in your diet to lubricate things, gentle stretching when you feel the energy. I wish this all would pass you by and you could relax and enjoy retirement, although getting a once over by a cutey doctor is some compensation

Shad-kick you winter blues and get out the powder, "Gold bond" is a good one. You must be sweating more than you realize and that is why these sores are materializing, perhaps you need to invest in some wick away fabric exercise gear. Are you neglecting yourself in this fuzzy, energy cut you are having? Please take care.

Holly-Gah, you make me tired, what a busy bee you are! I gave back to school shopping a thought and then put it to the back of my mind. I want to enjoy summer not think about all that smozzle. Fingers crossed the Avon orders are up there and you get some nice perks.

Linus- baby is making its appearance soon! Mmm, new baby smell I so envy you that warm little bundle cooing up at you and all that love transferance. Sigh, it was nice being fat and with child. "poking my tummy, nope empty of an exta heartbeat", sigh.

Teel- congratulations on the drugs and the garage! Things are clicking into place for you So what did you do to this nurse that she is with holding your anti inflamitories? Bit of a bother that. Poor guy with the Cancer, it is an unforgiving disease. Makes my heart sink about people just carrying on with this bomb ticking inside waiting to take their last breath, it killed my father and I never thought anything could stop him

Happy-It was 34C here today, very hot. I thought of you while I was at the orchard picking up some summer apples and they had a cutting garden. It was full of zinnias and asters that the butterflies loved and they were everywhere, all kinds, yellow, white, spots, brown, orange, red, it was glorious to stroll through there and see them all sharing space with the bumble bees. I want an entire garden of those flowers next year and maybe I will get that feeling in my backyard every day

Ceejay-Oh, yes, salt can creep up on you. I find myself using more chili spice and black pepper to kick up my dishes. Good luck. I wish I were 183 pounds Perspective is everything
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:34 AM   #296  

I'm pleased to say that the abcess/ boil/ whatever has gone. It was painful while it lasted, but in true Shad style I gave it the threat, come to a head and I'll get rid of you the easy way, or stay like that and I'll lance you myself. It came to a head and things got a bit messy there for a while, but it is now gone. There do not seem to be anymore around so that is that for the time being.

Seem to have been busy today but what have I achieved?? Well, the laundry is in, folded, put away (almost) and the ironing is ready to do. I've done the shopping and bought loads of veges for soups etc. Made some fish chowder (which I had for tea) and froze a couple of containers of it for lunches. Had a nap, and now am making some of the pumpkin chili stuff and then it will be a case of watching tv - footy is on. My much loved All Blacks are about to take on the Wallabies. Geez, there is some good looking butts and legs among that lot. Probably why I like to watch it. I should have changed the bed today but it will wait until tomorrow.

It's cold out here man. Yesterday was the coldest day on record for over 100 years. We did not even make double figures. This is always the coldest part of the winter - its the time of the State Fair otherwise known as the RNA Exhibition aka 'the Ekka' and during that time the wind always blows and the winter gets a bit nasty. Well this time it outdid itself. Still the wind blew the washing dry in record time.

Now lets see, what's going down on the threads?

Linus - some rest would be nice in these last few weeks. Wonder what the rest of the family is going to do when you are flat out dealing with baby? Maybe do for themselves somewhat?

Meadow, was thinking about you the other day while buying some more of that rather nice Spanish Red. Hope you have sorted out the kids and the demonstrations of manhood round your way.

Holly - jam sounds good. I do love chunky, flavourful spreads. Yum Yum and hot it goes just great over icecream. Yum again.

Mel - we will talk tomorrow. I'll have the coffee pot on. That is if it is warm enough to get out of bed.

Teel. The house is sounding great. So said to hear about the builder. Why is it that when you find someone to do the work and do it well, something awful gets in the way. My thoughts are with him as he faces life in the fast lane.

Happy - sorry to hear that the air is affecting your lungs as well as Mel. It's not a good thing. Is it pollution or just the humidity that is getting you?

Ceejay - good to see you back and busy.

Gotta go. The footy is about to start. Back later.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:52 AM   #297  

Shad~ you have me thinking that I should start watching footie for the butts and legs!!!! Hope you and Mel are having a nice chat. Glad the boil has taken a walk.I am afraid your winter temps sound really nice to me. I only really mind the cold when it goes below -20C. I have always felt my blood was Scottish like my ancestors. Their temps are usually just right for me. My Dad, son and I all get heat stoke really easy.

Ceejay~ I have been paying more attention to my salt intake too. I have noticed i am retaining more and more. It is not good for hubby either even tho he is fit.

Meadow~ I didn't start on purpose with the shopping but DD couldn't find clothes to fit. She grew 2 inches this summer. Then I cleaned out dressers. We started looking in the Sears catalogue making a list. I ordered because I wanted to get the sale prices.Also DS is soooo skinny his size isn't always available.

Happy, Nae, Teel, Mel......Hello, hope you are having a splendid weekend!!!

I had a restful sleep. I am thrilled there are not extra kids here. I have 2 families full time til the end of the summer. It is MUCH needed cash so I am biting the bullet but then I will have 6 kids every day and 8 twice a week. My helper will be home from holidays this weekend!!!!! I must say ,that I have been doing a 10 min tidy up with the kitchen timer on every day around 4 and the kids are doing well with it. Hubby is still helping around the house and DS has kept his room clean all week!! DD is reluctant.

DH and I had a great talk last night about finances. Our life is getting more expensive. The biggest bill we have is groceries and then gas for our vehicles. Gas has gone up to $1.00 a litre. That's $4.00 a gallon!!!!!!! Can you imagine. We have already cut back on our driving. I used to do a lot more outings with the kids and go to the city way more. It is important for us to eat healthy so it is expensive. Again, I buy what is in season, I stock up on sale items, I cook from scratch. There is little else I can do.
Anyhow, we have committed to really pumping the Avon this fall. I can earn a few thousand dollars over Christmas if I have the time to keep marketing well. He says he will help even more with the house. He has always been great with the kids.

We have picked about 20 beautiful fresh tomatoes from our garden ,mmmmmmmmm. They are so sweet and delish!!
No rain yet so I will putter in the garden. I can do peaches another day.

Have a glorious weekend dear friends!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 09:40 AM   #298  
Happy September

MEADOW~ THANKS AND i DOOOO LOVE THAT NEW DOCTOR! HE MAD ME FEEL EVER SO MUCH BETTER! HOW IS YOUR UNPACKING? ARE YOU GETTING SETTLED IN?

SHAD~ TALK TO YOU LATER

lINUS~ WOW 5 WEEKS. WHERE DID 8 MONTYS GO!?!?!?!?
WE THINK OF YOU AND BUMP OFTEN

HAPPY~ HOPE THE WEEKEND IS A GREAT BUTTEFLY PIC TIME! GET OUT THE NET AND MAYBE YOU CAN CATCH THE HUBBY!!!

HOLLY~ GOOD LUCK FOR THE BIG BUCKS THIS COMING SEASON. IT JUST MIGHT BE A GREAT ONE CAUSE PEOPLE ARE BUYING STUFF TO FEEL BETTER WHAT WITH ALL THE CRAPPY NEWS ON TV!!! LOL GLAD DH IS COOPERATING! LOL

CEEJAY~ HOW GOES THE WATER? THE PH OK?!? EVERY TIME I HAVE TO CALL THE PLUMBER FOR OUR HOT WATER FLOODS DOWNSTAIRS, I THINK OF YOU! DON'T ASK....MY MIND IS A VERY MYSTERIOUS PLACE. EVEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND MYSELF!

:WAVE: NAE, TIG AND TEEL! I SENT A PM TO NAE AND SHE HASN'T ANSWERED. I CANNOT IMAGINE WHAT WOULD KEEP HER AWAY FROM HERE FOR SO LONG. HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU GALS. I HAVE COOKED, SHOWERED, BLOW DRIED A COIF, FED THE BIRD AND AM WATCHING MY HUGH GRANT IN LOVE ACTUALLY! MOST OF IT WAS ALL DONE BEFORE 8:30. DARE I SAY I HAD A GREAT NIGHTS SLEEP AND I THINK THE SHOT IS WORKING EVEN MORE. MAYBE I SHOULDN'T BRAG! i RAN INTO THE mAYOR YESTERDAY. HE TOLD ME I LOOK WONDERFUL. THEN TRIED TO MAKE A JOKE ABOUT MAYBE I SHOULD GET BOUNCED AROUND IN THE BUS MORE OFTEN AS IT SEEMS TO SUIT ME. I CRACKED UP BUT THOSE AROUND US WERE GAPING!!! WE BOTH HAVE SIMILAR SENSES OF HUMOR! BUT HE HAD ME WALK HIM OUT AND HE FEELS TERRIBLE. MADE ME FEEL GOOD THOUGH. LOL SOMETIMES THAT'S ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE THE DAY A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE.....THAT'S WHY I LIKE TO GO AROUND THE WORLD WITH YOU!!!
HAPPY SATURDAY AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
Old 08-13-2005, 05:11 PM   #299  

Morning all - well Mel has called and we have put the world to rights. All political leaders have been replaced with people who actually care!!!!! The sun is up, I can see the first rays in the front of the house, so it is time to get on with life on a Sunday.

My footy team won. Maybe I should go out early to get the paper and stay indoors for the rest of the day. That should stave off the wrath of the neighbourhood!!! I have to admit that I wasn't impressed with the first 20 mins of the game when they were 13 - 0 down. I was thinking some very unholy thoughts at that stage. So todays list consists only of a couple of things - sanding and painting. With a bit of luck I can get a fair amount of preparation done today and a coat of sealer over the lounge ceiling and walls. That will make me very happy.

This cat has gone beserk. She runs from room to room and looks as if she is three parts gone on uppers. I took the brush to her last night as she is dropping fur everywhere. I have the scratch marks to show for it as she figured that I was about to attack her with this thing. So then the clippers came out and she got her claws clipped as well. She's talking to me again now, but wasn't earlier on.

I guess it's time for breakfast and then on with the day. I see the journals are still not back. That's fine. Less time spent on the computer. Today is McBusy day.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:02 PM   #300  

Hi Shad!! Your plans for today sound nice. Very glad you and Mel straightened the world out!!!!

Believe it or not, i started spreading mulch and was sweating in profuse amounts and decided it was nuts. I declared it was a strike day and I went back to bed and slept for 2 hours. I did fold some laundry and then ordered takeout for dinner.
I have 2 hours to putter away and then I am watching While You Were Out on TLC. It is a 2 hour special with Fergie helping 6 foster kids surprise their Mom with a house renovation. I have always liked Fergie. I feel a kindred spirit thing with her weight struggles, red hair and feeling misunderstood and being a little on the wild side! LOL!!
Later chicks!!!