Old 08-06-2005, 10:46 PM   #256  

1 more, my fav!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg basementafter4.jpg (22.6 KB, 22 views)
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:52 PM   #257  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Certainly looks a whole lot better than it did!!!! Well done
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 10:15 AM   #258  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Umm Ummm Ummm - fresh tomatoes AND fresh bread? I think I'll have to go pick one myself and make a nice tomato sandwich on toast for myself today.

Nice pictures Holly. Was a bit hard to understand what you were talking about with the bright colors but now it's easy to see. Very nice and cheery. Basements can be so damp and ugly in their natural state but just delightful extra space with a little work. Keep at it!

Yesterday was just a slug of a day for me. DH and I went to the mall for some errands and while there the skies just opened up and poured torrents of rain. So much for swimming yesterday. Sun's out today for a while, I may try again. But first there's laundry and cleaning. Better get busy now, will check back this evening.

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-07-2005 at 09:05 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 11:01 AM   #259  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MEADOW~ IT IS GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK AGAIN. dON'T LIKE WHEN US CHICKS GET SEPARATED!!! STILL LOOKING FOR TIG AND NAE!!!! I KNOW YP1 IS OK CAUSE SHE'S POSTING ON OTHER THREADS. COME AND HAVE TEA ANYTIME. I COULD USE A GOOD NATTERING! THERE WAS NO CAKE FOR ME. I TURNED IT DOWN WHEN I WENT BACK TO CLOSE UP AND PUT ALARMS ON. I DIDN'T ATTEND ALTHOUGH I WAS INVITED. I DON'T LIKE CROWDS AND THE ROOM WAS PACKED AND THEY KEPT THE OUTSIDE DOOR OPEN FOR THE KIDS....LET ALL THE A/C OUT!!!

HOLLY~ IT WAS 2 YEARS WELL SPENT CAUSE IT LOOKS WONDERFUL! HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THE NEW DRY SPACE!!! LOL CONGRATS AGAIN ON THE AWARDS!!! TELL THEM TO SHOW YOU THE MONEY!!! Lcb:

HAPPY~ I AM DOING CLEANING TODAY AS THE SKY IS GETTING DARKER. CRAPPY SUMMER WE'RE HAVING. TOMATOES ON TOAST WILL BE MY LUNCH TODAY WITH THE NEIGHBOR'S TOMATOES. I PUT 3 OF THEM IN HOMEMADE SPAG. SAUCE WITH TURKEY SAUSAGE AND SHRIMP. I USED THE WHEAT PASTA(NOT ON PLAN) AND HAD A GREAT DINNER!!! LOL HOPE YOU GET TO GO OUTSIDE!

SHAD~ THAT WAS A SHORT POST HOPE THE WORK WEEK IS GOOD AND THE EXERCISING GOES WELL. DON'T LET THAT WINTER FUNK GET TO YOU!!! KEEP DANCING MY FRIEND. PUT SOME GOOD TUNES ON THE TAPE MACHINE AND GET GOING. GREAT CARDIO!!

I am having a good day but jen's bird is pms-ing! lol Going to the Mall tomorrow so I might see you on Tuesday after food shopping. the can opener goes back for an exchange or $$ back and get another type. Hope I don't have to haggle cause the Queen is not in the mood for someone else's lip!!! I got an e-mail from Ralph about "anger" yesterday and it made sense. I must work on that issue more and let it pass. Only hurting myself and my eyes and skin. took all my meds so I don't get a reaction hopefully. Not nice to piss Mellie off these days. she bites! I think letting it all out might have been a destressing thing though cause I feel lighter
OK enough of that....it's over and done. **** the bills and I really don't care WHO pays them! :ROFL:
Have a great sunday and hope the week is a wonderful one. If the humidity and temps are as bad as predicted over her, I just might sort out CHRISTMAS STUFF......JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS....LA LA LA==========================
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:05 PM   #260  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

You all are making me drool - fresh tomato sandwiches, yummmm....

The trial isn't until the end of the month. I've never heard of being selected and then the trial isn't until 30 days later, but there we are. The trim, middle-aged distinguished bailiff is breath-taking in his snug well-fitting uniform. I'll make sure to keep detailed notes for later.

I saw the neuro doc on Friday. He didn't like the way I'm walking so he insisted on and prescribed a cane for balance after quite an argument. Slim and I went to a medical supply place and I said I wanted a really cool cane. The owner showed us a teakwood cane he had just brought from Costa Rica. He showed Slim how to "size" it to make it shorter to fit me. Slim did the cane surgery. I'll have to figure it all out as far as details - which hand do I carry it in; how do I casually walk around carrying a cane for balance, not as a crutch; junk like that.

The doc also changed my med because the med I've been on wasn't doing much for the pain. That means adjusting to a new med and new side effects. I'm willing. Meanwhile, I'm still running. Sans cane. I do have to run early in the morning as close to dawn as possible because it is so hot and humid in Florida this time of year.

We went riding on the motorcycle after church this morning until it got too hot to be out on the road. Good afternoon to curl up with a book, the dogs, and the air conditioner!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:42 PM   #261  
Happy September

YUM!! YUM!!! MEN IN UNIFORM !!! MUCH NICER THAN LOUSY TOMATO SANDWICHES!!!! NOW YOU ARE MAKING ME DROOL!! VERY GLAD TO SEE YOU. HOPE THE CANE WORKS OUT. SORRY TO HEAR IT BUT I KNOW YOU'LL HANDLE IT JUST FINE. STRONG LADY THAT YOU ARE. I USED TO LEAVE MINE ALL OVER THE PLACE....AND THEN HAVE TO SEARCHING ALL OVER THE STORE LOOKING FOR IT!! HAPPY RIDING AND RUNNING. BE CAREFUL! MAYBE SLIM SHOULD TIE A BUNGIE CORD AROUND YOU AND TIE IT TO HIM ON THE CYCLE!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 02:59 PM   #262  

Oh no, not Slim and Tig on a bungie on a bike. That would be too much to take. Tig, why do you have balance problems??? Think of who you can poke with a stick now and from a distance!!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 12:33 AM   #263  
Radiate self!

We had a neighbour bring her two boys over to play today. They stayed six hours! I thought they were just coming for an hour. To top it all off the nine year old was showing his privates to the girls in the pool. Now I have to tell the mother I don't want her kids playing with my kids Her son isn't going to use my girls for his sexual experiments. They girls told me they were playing doctor in their room but only with the stuffed toys, now I'm wondering what all went on there too. I was sitting there watching them in the pool, I never twigged that any weeny wagging was going on. Argh! These boys are a cousin to a girl my kids play with all the time, so it could all get dicey for their social life after I drop the bomb to the boys mother but I'm not having any of that!

So how was your day?
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:53 AM   #264  

Default Something pretty for you

There now, doesn't that make you feel better? I also have the first of the jonquils in from the garden. However it doesn't want to be photgraphed. But the fragrance fills the house.

Not much to say today. I need some sleep. Meadow, doesn't life just get interesting sometimes!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:43 AM   #265  
Choose your hard

Hmm. African Violets. Quite pretty. I never could keep those alive.

The butterflies seem to have emerged from wherever they spun their coccoons. We see them all over - they just don't like to sit still enough to be photographed.

Another weekend flown past. Another Monday morning of "oh I should have dones..." and another Monday of get ye to work lady. And so I will. Have a nice day all.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:38 PM   #266  
Happy September

It looks like we're all a bit busy and tired!
WEENIE WAGGING!!! OMG!!! I cannot believe it. Was that his way of welcoming you and the girls to the neighborhood?!?!
Oh Lord some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed! Good luck Meadow.
I had a great day shopping and borrowed $ from Jen. I just paid her back too! But I found 4 pants and 4 tops cheap and good quality ones too..... all cotton which is what I need to sit in all day Gonna get a shower, some food and TV and then beddy bye time! Have a great night/morning
SP~ the violets were gorgeous!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:45 PM   #267  

ive been shopping too.... household stuff mostly
meadow broach the subject carefully you might find the mother is more shocked than you were ?????? i know i would have been
lovely flowers shad i cant keep them alive either lol
love to you all
kirsty+bump
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:05 PM   #268  

Okay today feels better. A bit more life in me I guess. Don't know what happened yesterday unless.........yes I do........ eating was not so good and so the energy lagged and all I wanted to do was sleep. I was supposed to return to the gym yesterday, had all my gear and stuff, but I left work late. I was working with on of the guys and we just kept on going until it was more or less finished. So no gym. I have my stuff again today so will try once more.

Yesterday I met up with a friend from Townsville days. She had an interview for a job down here in Brisbane and we had lunch together. Years ago she had a stomach band put in to help her lose weight. She did lose an awful lot of weight, however now she is at a stage where nothing is moving. The band has not taught her how to eat properly only to eat slowly. Every so often she has fluid put into the band to squeeze the stomach a bit more, and then she gets reflux and has to have water taken out. So it is a catch 22 situation. I doubt whether she will ever get much smaller than she is now, but as she says, she is no longer huge and that is a huge plus. I had chicken and mushroom soup and she had a caesar salad for lunch. Oh it was nice to see her again. I hope she gets a job back in Brisbane and then we can go out for dinners on Fridays like we used to in Townsville. A bit of social life might just do us both some good.

So the butterflies are coming alive in Tn for Happy and Hubby. I can just see him chasing them around the yard with his tripod and camera, having a cuss or two when the wee devils take off just as he is all set up. I'm only getting a couple of varieties around here at the moment. A big black with huge blue eyes on it's wings (iridescent) and an orange one, not the magnificent Monarch just an ordinary orange thingy. I did see a Ulysses in the Gardens where I lunch the other day and was so delighted to see them again. Magnificent creatures.

Meadow, don't quite know what to say to you regarding the 9 year olds behaviour. Perhaps you need to instruct your girls to come screaming out yelling 'Wally is showing us his Weenie again Mum' plenty loud enough for the other mother to hear. Maybe she just thinks it is okay. But okay or not it can lead to even stranger behaviour, so I think you are probably right in saying something about it.

The Italian job is coming along slowly. I am reading my guide book and checking the 'net for places to go, see and do as well as stay. Trouble is, I want to go, see, do and stay just about everywhere. I would like to do the hilltop walks in Cinqueterre. Apparently there are five villages built in and on the hilltops and hillsides about the coastline in Northern Italy. It's about 14 kilometres from first to last and a relatively easy walking track. Check out the pics of Riomaggiore on the net. I know Chris will not want to walk that far, so it could be a day trip on my own. There are buses which go from town to town as well. Maybe part of it and bus the rest??? Will have to discuss this with her.
Meantime I am still trying to find frequent flyer seats for Japan in October. It's a fairly unrewarding occupation at the moment.

Okay, duty calls. Time to get on with the day.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:49 AM   #269  
Choose your hard

Oh boy, must have been a shopping vibe in the air - I went out for a baby gift at lunch time and found a new store with great bargains. Bought 1 new blouse 3 pairs of slacks and FOUR pairs of shoes Had to sneak them in the house too. Hubby will not be pleased. Actually after 4 years of working from home, my "work" wardrobe was sorely lacking. My main office is a bit fussy - jacket, scarf, nice slacks. My other office is a bit more casual. But I looked in my closet and I had 3 black pairs of pants, 2 navy and 1 khaki. Now I have a dark green, expresso - strange color but looks fabulous with pink and a black stripe. As for shoes, I have such a hard time getting comfortable ones that when I do find them I tend to stock up. No trendy stuff for me anymore. Nice but not too orthopedic looking, you know? Ok so no more lunches this month, I will save bits of my allowance to pay for this. And I have to stop spending, I swear. DH is giving me the "we must learn to live beneath our means if we want to someday retire" and he's very right. Hey I just sneaked a peek at my no smoking stats and I have saved $3,277.50 by not smoking for the last 475 days. Maybe I can apply some of that to my "purchases". And Lord forgive me but I still miss smoking.

Mel and Linus, we'll have to get together and strut our stuff in our new duds. Linus I'm sure you got some nice things to perk up the house. Hope you didn't waste your money on rakes and hoses and mops and buckets and instead bought some pretty "foo foo" items

Yes Shad, DH is chasing the butterflies around the yard, they are not as well behaved as in the butterfly garden. One tends to sit on a favorite bush and gently open wings back and forth, I think it's looking to lay eggs which is a good thing. (Butterfly caterpillars are not as destructive as pest moths). I looked up the Ulysses you spoke of - magnificent is an understatement. Must be breathtaking in the sunlight. I do hope your friend gets the job so you can spend some time AWAY from the sanding block and out enjoying some good company after a hard day at the salt mine. The more I hear about the nooks and crannies of Italy, the more I understand how tough it will be to decide on a limit of things to see and do. We will travel vicariously through you once again. I'll be glad to describe my (not so very) scenic view of the farms of the midwest as we travel from Memphis to Chicago for the holidays if you'd get tired of hearing of charming little villages and nice wines.

And poor Meadow. I would have lots of advice but not having kids, I think I will leave it up to you to handle. It's always something, isn't it? Sometimes I think we had it better off when we were shy little prudes. Good luck to you.

Holly - loved the pics of your house in the journal. Nice work you've done there.

Oh no, look at the clock - I'm going to turn into a pumpkin if I don't get to bed right away. Crikey and last night was a late night too. We have taken to feeding a feral cat here and last night as I was going to bed, who should I see feasting on the last morsels of the cat food was sly Mr. Raccoon. And here I thought we'd seen the last of him. Good thing Kitty comes early as there will be no second bowl of treats set out anymore. If this keeps up I half expect the pandas, cows and deer to show up in this non stop animal parade we seem to have here. Oh forgot to tell you that DH thinks we have flying squirrels now too.

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-09-2005 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:16 AM   #270  

HI Happy~ I have been up too late too. I enjoy the quiet but then I am foggy in the morings. I needed some new tops too now that I am a business woman again.My t shirts were beyand pathetic, stained and holey but the toddlers just dont care and frankly they are comfortable. I am a tshirt girl all year round but now I have some pretty pink and pale blue ones that are fresh looking.Great savings!!! I keep telling hubby if he gave up beer we'd be rich. He has 2 a day but it adds up over the year.
Shad~ glad the day was feeling better. Hope today does too.
Meadow~ darn kids!!! I would say something directly to the kid and the parent. You never know what the parent will do with the info. Try to keep it light but with impact.
Nice welcome to the new hood.
Mel~ you are looking spiffy!!
Linus~ gotta love shoppig for the house!!
Tig~ hope all is well. Still giggling over you bungied to Slim on the bike.

I am feeling more centered. I have been reorganizing life a bit and I must say DH and the kids are holding up their end of the bargain.
I am eating too much or at least mindlessly. I am not getting enough exercise. I have realized I get the August blues. This time last year I became clinically depressed. I caught myself this year. I love my gardens and going to the beach but for day to day living and work I really do not like this heat. I feel sick and weak and want to curl up in a ball til the end of Sept.
I made a list on Saturday and it had about 15 items "to do" and they are all completed. it is slowly coming back to me of how I used to function with a home business.I used to schedule everything, even laundry etc.When you are home all day and you are a homemaker, Mom, babysitter and runa business they all overlap, you need to give each a block of time and time for yourself too. I am dong better with it.
I have 8 kids today. DD is going to a bday party from 10-3.

I have posted some house pics in my journal yesterday and will again today if you want to take a peek.
HUGS!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote