Old 07-10-2005, 02:43 PM   #91  

Hello, hello, hello!!!
More than 48 hours without 3FC.
Just had a wonderful read through and caught up with the gang.HUGS and LOVE to ALL!!!!
First day in 10 without any sign of hives and swelling. Weehee!!!
The camping adventure was spectacular.
I so LOVE my hubby and my son and my daughter. It was non stop action and lots of laughs and caring. A really good time with all of hubby’s relatives.
I am happily home,unpacked and well scrubbed in the tub. I was getting as little ripe.
Laundry and gentle puttering to do.
Big salad for supper.
House is still super clean from friday.
Mised you all. I have been catching up for a while!!!

Life is wonderful!!!!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:37 PM   #92  

hello folks sorry for not getting in but been a bit under the weather and very fed up with life in general so i will apologise for worrying you all
MEL we are both fine we just had the chaos of the g8 and the anarchist marches to cope with poor teel had a rough time getting into anything she wanted to see but think shes caught up now ,shes basically going it alone on the visiting front financial ,time ,family and health constraints have took a large part in me taking a back seat on the out and about scene
SHAD i was to let you know the postcards on its way and shell speak soon
to everyone else ill speak to you all soon i miss you all but the alien doesnt like me sitting at this desk and starts booting heck out of me ,,,oh before i forget because ive been a good girl and not put on any weight {spewing for 6 months will do that to you } the hospital has decieded that i dont need sectioned till im 39 weeks so our wee bump is coming out on the 16th of september ive to report to the hossie on that day at 7.30am and baby will be born later that day
bye for now
kirsty and bump
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 07:41 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello ladies
The clouds from hurricane Dennis are making its way to our neck of the woods. The rain is suppose to ge here after midnight.

I decided that I should work in the yard today. I didn't think the grass needed to be mowed until I started mowing. I sneezed the whole time I mowed. The grass is really dry and blew every where.

For some unknown reason I have had a back problem since Thursday. Don't know whether I've pulled a muscle or have a kidney infection. Either way if it's not better by Thursday I'll be going to the doctor.

Holly--glad you had a good time this week end. and also glad the hives have left. Isn't it nice to come home to a clean house.

Hello to Mel, Shad, Linus, Nae, Happy and Tig. Hope your week end has been fun.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:10 AM   #94  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Saw some pictures of Hurricane Dennis on the news tonight. I sure hope none of the friendly chicks get hit by this monster. Tig, Ceejay, Happy, Mel are you all okay??? The US sure has had a surfeit of these hurricanes over the past couple of years.
Be sure to batten down the hatches and take lots of care.

Had a busy day yesterday. Got most of my list achieved but the taps will have to wait until next weekend. They got missed. The plants got planted, the washing got folded but not ironed and the rest got done. Today was fairly busy as well and tomorrow I start training the big wigs so it will be a bit stressful in the morning I am picking. I don't feel ready for this. I will survive.

I bought a whole raft of spices yesterday while out shopping. So I am now ready to try out some of Mel's spice recipes. I'll keep you posted on how they go.

Mel, what are we going to do with you and those eyes. You really are a bit of a problem aren't you. Wonder if there are any old fashioned (no salt) cures that will help this problem. Unfortunately I know very little about it. Have a good trip to the dr. Tell Willy to drive SLOWLY unless of course he wants to answer to me!! A cubit is an old time measurement - I think from the elbow to the end of the middle finger. Don't quote me on that. Happy may have a better answer.

Holly - so glad you enjoyed the camping trip. Good stuff. And I am very pleased that the hives are disappearing finally.

Linus - good to hear from you. How much longer has Teel got on her northern holiday? I look forward to the postcard arriving in my mailbox. It will make a vast difference from the bills arriving. Sorry to hear that things are not working out for you at the moment. Hope some improvements appear in the near future.

Ceejay - hope that back improves very soon and that Dennis doesn't overwhelm you too much.

I think I am falling asleep over the computer. Time to go finish the dishes, get lunch ready for tomorrow (roast vege salad) and sort out what is for dinner last night. I hear some rumblings in the distance. Wonder what that is about.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:52 AM   #95  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning chickies,
Dennis is here. Not as bad as it could have been. Shad the pictures you see are what the folks in Florida and some of the water front Gulf Coast states will see. Tig is that near you? We're a good 500 miles / 8 hours drive from there. By the time it hits us it loses a lot of it's punch over land. We get driving rains and windy conditions. Pretty much just a steady rain with occasional wind gusts. I heard the heaviest rains will hit this afternoon.

My back is tender today. There's a huge unsightly bush at the end of our driveway. Prior owners planted it on the neighbors yard to cover up a utility box. It is all overgrown and a hazard as I cannot see past it coming out of the driveway. The neighbor said we could cut it down. DH did part yesterday and I helped. Lots of bending and stretching and up and down yesterday. Also moved everything loose from the yard not knowing how strong the winds would be today. Don't need flying projectiles into my french doors!

Shad, roasted vege salad sounds delicious. Share the recipe please? Ceejay, Linus, Mel - hope you are all feeling better. Glad you had a nice campout Holly.

I'd rather sit at the computer but work becons. Time to wake up DH and shower up and get on with the day. Have to work on the neighborhood newsletter tonight so I'll talk to you tomorrow. Have a great day...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:48 PM   #96  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all.
I think better in the mornings. Best that I post at that time as well. It would be nice to say that the brain works nights, but really it is only ticking over after a full day at work, training and then gym. I daren't sit down until I have done the chores otherwise I never get up again until I wake up and decide it's time to go to bed.

Happy the roast vege salad is very simple. I don't know if there is a formal recipe or not, but what I do is cut up pumpkin, sweet potato, onions, maybe parsnip or carrot and sometimes even potatoes to bite size pieces. I spray them with olive oil, roll them in some sort of herb/ spice mixture and put them on an oven tray or roasting dish. Bake them until almost done and add a few cherry tomatoes (the ones on a truss are nice but any will do) and cook those until the skin splits. I also peel and slice an eggplant and dry roast that with the herbs and spices. I find it gets very oily if done with the rest. Red capsicum (red bell pepper) get grilled until blackened and peeled As far as assembly goes I throw together some lettuce leaves from the garden, add the vegetables, toss gently and drizzle with a good creamy dressing. At the moment I am using an Australian one called Outback Spice - Wild Lime dressing. It's not low in calories or fat but with the rest of the salad having very few calories I don't worry too much. I've sort of gotten over the Kraft lo fat/ no fat dressings. I did like the lime and chili one, but they are a bit enthusiastic with the chili at the moment and I don't enjoy it so much anymore. Experiment with the veges and lettuce. I don't know if you get the packaged lettuce leaves over there, there is one here that has baby leaves of all types of lettuce and spinach and mixed with herbs like parsley, basil and thyme. I like it although it is not cheap.

Overcast out there with gentle breezes. They say it will warm up to 21 today. Maybe, maybe not, but we've had showers which were not predicted for today so who knows what will happen.

Arrgh look at the time. Better go set up that training room and prepare for the good folks of OSR Corporate. Back later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:06 PM   #97  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I Had An Unexpectedly Great Day At The Eye Dr. The Blurry Vision Problem Is From The Catatacts And Maybe My Disability. They Are Not Sure. He Gave Me Advice On Trying To Separate All The Eye Problems(allergy, Dry Eye, Rosacea And Conjunctivitis From Irritants) And Their Symptoms So I Know What Drug To Use And When.
We Talked Of Diet And Such Like Jen's Beloved Bird!!
I Am Controling My Skin/eye Problems With My Eating "plan". I Don't Have To Use The Dreaded Antibiotics!!! Yay I Just Need To Use Bigger Print From Time To Time On The Pc And When I Read Books.
The Rosacea Is In Remission In The Eyes But Not Entirely On The Face. And....the Dr Was Shocked To See The Baby Blues Looking So Good!! I Don't Have To Go Back For 3 Months Unless Something Goes Wrong!! I Am Not Out Of The Woods Yet But Well On My Way.
I Showed Him My 6 Day Diet Plan(the Strict One) And He Thought It Looked Great And Asked Me To Try It For 12-18 Days....get Rid Of The Carbs And Caffeine Etc. He Said That Addictive And Sedentary People Like Myself Could Use A Longer Period Of Detox(as He Put It). He Feels That For Me, 6 Days Is Not Enough To Get Rid Of Cravings And That's Why I Keep Falling Off The Wagon. What Have I Got To Lose? I Will Have To Think About It.

They Look Like Tomatoes Right Now So I Won't Read Till I Get Home From Food Shopping. Hope All Is Well Out There In Our Chick World!!! Have A Great Night!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:27 PM   #98  

Mel--Good for you in controlling things with diet. And thanks for the suggestion about the carbs, Maybe I need to go longer as well to detox. Right now I'm just trying to stay within the 1500 calories. Did good today. Yeah me. Still need to ride the air bike.

Hi to everyone else. Nothng new on this end except the much needed rain and a cool down from the heat that we got from the remnants of hurricane Dennis. Would you believe that my oldest sister,sibling, was in Montgomery, Alabama and called me during the hurricane!! She was calling from her cell phone. I fussed at her. Sometimes I think her husband has influenced her in the wrong direction on behalf of using good common sense. Sounds like something he would do.

More later.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-11-2005 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:35 PM   #99  

Ceejay~how are you feeling? Better?
Mel~Yippee! great report.
Shad~the salad sounds yummy.I love roasted red peps.
Happy~hope you survived the downpours.
Meadow???? All unpacked yet! LOL!
Linus~ my DD is a Sept baby!! i think they are perfect! LOL!! Take good care of yourself. Hope Teel is touring about and enjoying!!
Nae? Tig? How's it going.
Yp~ I meant to tell you that you have left me in the dust with the weight. Congrats on your success!!
It was 34C( 98F) here all day. I did a bit of weeding and no hives. I think I am allergic to my family of origin, lol!
Got all my Avon distributed.I am pooped now and the dinner dishes are on the table still. DD got her first hit in baseball and we won for the first time. A round of Timbits(donuts) for the team!!!
I watered my poor thirsty flower beds. the grass is toast.
Later wonderful chicks!
Old 07-12-2005, 01:38 PM   #100  
Happy September

I WANT SHAD TO COME AND BE MY COOK! BRING THE LIME DRESSING WITH YOU WHEN YOU DO! :ROFL: THAT WHOLE DEAL SOUNDED DELISH! I BUY THE PACKAGED BABY GREENS NOW TOO. VERY EXPENSIVE BUT THEY DON'T GO BAD BEFORE I CAN EAT THEM!!! VERY FRESH STUFF! FOUND OUT THAT DANDELION GREENS MAKE ME PEE LIKE MAD!
I DID SOME SHOPPING FOR MYSELF AND JEN. WEATHER WAS A BIT MUCH FOR HER SO IT'S EASIER WHEN YOU ARE RIDING! LOL
SHE SAID NEXT TIME SHE MIGHT JUST BORROW A CHAIR AND GO WITH WILLY. OH BTW, I GO BY MEDICAL TRANSPORT AND NOT POOR WILLY!!! HE WOULD DIE IF HE HAD TO TAKE ME OVER THAT MANY BUMPS! LOL

YOU ALL SOUND GOOD AND I AM GLAD THAT LINUS AND HAVE CHECKED IN!!! I GOT A CARD FROM TEEL!!! SORRY THINGS HAVE TURNED OUT SO CRAZY DURING HER VISIT AND HOPE LINUS WILL FEEL BETTER. NOT LONG NOW TILL BUMP ARRIVES!! I AM FEELING A WEE BIT TIRED AND WILL TAKE A SHORT NAP. SORRY THE POST ISN'T MORE PERSONAL. I ALSO HOPE HAPPY AND CEEJAY'S BACS FEEL BETTER TOO!!!
Old 07-12-2005, 02:09 PM   #101  

I just had a nap too!!! Quiet day on the home front. 4 kids including my two and everyone is happy and well rested.I may go nap some more!!!
Old 07-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #102  

Food
liquid/water
exercise

I have had an on plan day today. This makes 2 days in a row. Did have a sodium overload today.

For some reason I can't read the previous page. So I will say hello to all and a good night. Will try again tomorrow.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:33 AM   #103  
it's always something

testing if error fixed
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:48 AM   #104  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chickies,
Just a quick fly by for me. I volunteered to take over doing the newsletter for our subdivision homeowners association. Silly me didn't realize just how much work this would entail. It's taken up the better part of the week but I will be done by Friday. Yesterday we had one of those days. DH and I are both in computers and consequently both occasionally on call for after hours support. Yesterday was a busy evening for both of us vying for the telephone (cell phones don't work inside the house and mine was almost out of a charge anyway). With as many as 5 computers all plugged in at the same time we were also tugging over network connections and power outlets. But we got through the night and at least it was quiet after midnight. Not quite enough sleep for this chickie tho and my kitchen is a mess which is bugging me. Also doesn't help that the last of the hurricane is stalled here - not a whole lot of rain but definitely gray skies and cooler temps which cut into pool time.

Oh well, next week will be looking better in all aspects. Sorry I don't have time to respond individually, the job becons. Will catch up by the weekend at the latest.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:02 AM   #105  
Happy September

HAPPY~ GLAD THE STORM DIDN'T GO NUTS AT LEAST. SEND THE TEMPS UP HERE CAUSE I'M DYING OF HEATSTROKE! HAPPY VOLUNTEERING! LOL HOPE YOU'RE NOT GETTING OVERLOADED!

HELLO SUZANNE! ALWAYS ON THE JOB FIXING SOMETHING FOR SOMEONE!

HOLLY~ GOOD FOR YOU AND NAP TIME. MY DAY WAS QUIET IN THE END.

CEEJAY~ GREAT ABOUT THE OP DAYS!!! CONGRATS!! AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SODIUM IS NOT MY FRIEND! LOL

I HAD ANOTHER GOOD DAY SO THAT IS 3 NOW AND 3 TO GO. I DON'T SEE ANY DRASTIC RESULTS YET BUT THE FEET ARE NOT AS SWOLLEN! I AM STILL UNDECIDED AS TO HOW LONG TO DO THIS. THUNDER IS ON IT'S WAY NOW. I CAN HEAR IT GETTING STARTED AND THERE WILL BE SOME RAIN FOR THE NEXT 6 DAYS THEY SAY. MAYBE WE WILL COOL OFF A BIT AND GET OUT OF THE 90'S! HAPPY WEDNESDAY AND TAKE CARE.