Old 03-08-2005, 04:21 PM   #706  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

HI,LADIES SEEMS LIKE WE,RE ALL BUSY, I just popped in for a check in, like you all it helps keep me focused , well yesterday was good kept to my plan without any snuck in extras, plan for today,
BREKKI/ 2 SLICES FRUIT LOAF WITH GINGER MARMALADE NO BUTTER, COFFEE
SNACK/ APPLE. GREEN TEA
LUNCH/ VEGIE SOUP, 2 RICE CRACKERS, GREEN TEA
SNACK/ FRUIT SALAD, GREEN TEA
DINNER/ TOASTED TUNA AND COTTAGE CHEESE SANDWICHES, VEGIE SOUP. GREEN TEA
WELL BYE FOR NOW HANG IN THERE, BE GOOD, BLESSED BE, JULIE
I'm Living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 05:30 PM   #707  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hi, ladies--

I didn't go grocery shopping this weekend, so I'm going to run soon to get some fresh produce. Just wanted to wish everyone a great day!

Carol, yaay for thinking of the gym as 'routine'! You are definitely on your way when working out is something you look forward to.

This has been a good day. I had a berry smoothie for breakfast, cottage cheese and pineapple for a snack, a big bowl of chicken-veggie soup for lunch, and a protein bar late afternoon. I will have roast pork loin and more veggies for dinner, maybe more fruit for dessert.

If you ever need a lift, go over to the "success" threads. There's one called "What will you do when you reach your goals?" that over 11,000 people have viewed.....

Bye--judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:05 AM   #708  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello everyone just a quick ck. this a.m.. Thanks Judy for the thought I hope your right. I am packed to go to work and have my workout stuff with me. I am going to workout inbetween appts. today due to the fact I can't do one appt. til later on anyways. Might as well make good use of my time. I can't wait til spring so I can take a walk around the lake. Right now its to slippery. I read some interesting infl. on wt. training and how it raises your metabolism and builds bone density. Quite interesing info. it was in the Ladies Home Journal January copy. If you can get your hands on one there are a few good readings in it. Just good info. I didn't do too bad yesterday but it was a busy day. One of my clients mom insisted I have a piece of pizza so of course how can you say no when she has it read. So I ate a smaller dinner last night but I am not sure it was all so healthy. I baked some potatoe strips in a bit of olive oil , and had a tomatoe sandwich. Well so much for that healthy salad I had for lunch. But I guess it could of been much worse.
Break= 2 poached eggs, dk rye toast dry, potatoes
Lunch= soup broccoli homemade lower cal. w/ salad
Snack= yogurt w/ walnuts
Dinner= hamburger grilled w/ mushrooms / veggies no bread
snack= 1 apple
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 02:32 PM   #709  

Lightbulb Hi All

Well I finished the day at 1600 cal. yesterday. I ended up having a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch instead of Chinese food.

I didn't exercise but got to the gym this morning for the water aerobics class. I was sore after Monday's class. I used to do the take it easy water exercise class and now I've moved up to the aerobic class. It's much more challenging. I like the teacher----friendly but no nonsense and she knows what she's doing. It's never boring. I feel so blessed to be able to exercise in this way. I want to balance my workouts with weight training. I love listening to music while I work out.

Carol, I love hearing about your workouts. I want to have the attitude you have. Looking forward to working out and trying to find a way to fit it in rather than finding a reason to squeeze it out. I used to feel that way. I don't think the mind shift will take too long because I do have a past that included working out on a regular basis. I remember what that felt like.

Judy, thanks for the tip about the success threads. I think I'll go there during my afternoon "this is hopeless" slump.

Julie, ginger marmalade? That sounds like something I need in my life. I love ginger. Cottage cheese on a sandwich. Good idea. I like my sandwiches to be squishy and mayonaise is such a high price to pay for that effect. Thanks. Cottage cheese and ginger sandwich----hmmmmmmmm. With lettuce.

eating plan for today:
Breakfast: kashi w/ 1% milk energy bar w/ 1 pat butter
(a little high in calories but it's too late and that workout stimulated my appetite)

lunch: leftover mexican stew on a slice of bread

dinner: hamburger patty w/ vegetable salad

snacks: strawberries and an apple w/ goat cheese

Love to you all,

Roll

ps. for you, Julie------

rollmdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:11 PM   #710  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

GOOD MORNING, s, its a beautiful autumn day here downunder quite warm in fact, good to see everyone working out and enjoying themselves, CAROL you always make exercising sound such fun, I love to walk to , it gives me time to think and put things in order I,ve been doing some short walks as part of my physio for my knee after a few tests DOC said it wasn,t as bad as he thought I had just badly strained it and did minor cartlidge damage no SURGERY needed I have had enough of treatments hospitals and all that jazz TIRED hope your well and hanging in there on your maintenance plan I miss your input , HEY ROLL for all the smilies but are you trying to tell me something with all that , I know what you mean I love ginger in cooking, choc coated ginger, crystalized ginger when its hot in taste and you,ve got that combination off sweet and heat yum, riccotta cheese would be better with ginger marmalade on toast as it is sweeter than cottage and is also low in fat and cals, just a thought, your intake looks good , your choice at lunch was a sound one, and I,m sure your workout made up for the few extra cals, good to see your trying to get more fruit in as well, HI JUDY you sound like your on track to I like it when everyone puts in the plan for the day shows your doing well also gives me some tips when I,m looking for something different other than what I,ve planned for, my day has started good hubby and I seem to be handling things a bit more positivily his are coming undone slowly but its a start, PLAN FOR THE DAY,
BREKKI/ SLICE OF FRUIT LOAF WITH HONEY, OOOOH
SNACK/ GRAPES, GREEN TEA
LUNCH/ DRY FRY TOMATOES, MUSHROOMS, ONIONS AND A DASH WORSTERSHIRE SAUCE ON MULTIGRAIN TOAST, GREEN TEA
SNACK/ APPLE, GREEN TEA
DINNER/ TUNA, HERBS & SPICES, FRITATA WITH STEAMED CARROTS AND GREEN BEANS IN SOY, HONEY AND GARLIC, WW JELLY AND LOW FAT CUSTARD
Well bye for now KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, STAY FOCUSED, ENJOY THE JOURNEY ITS NOT REALLY THE DESTINATION THATS IMPORTANT BUT HOW YOU GET THERE, BLESSED BE , JULIE
Old 03-10-2005, 07:29 AM   #711  
fIREFLY

Hello everyone!
Glad to see your all hanging in there and doing well. We have all increased our intakes to include such good choices. Hurray for everyone! On the exercise note it seems like we are all doing well and trying our best. For me it was actually writing myself a goal to workout at least 3 times a week and checking my schedule and then making certain days for workouts. Sometiems I only go for 45 min or longer but that is better than not going. Yesterday I got there for only 50 min. but did some treadmill and wt training. I feel like a regular as when I go there are always some familar faces around. I try to change my routine so that it mixes it up a bit. I read that is a good thing who knows I try almost anything once! Crazy huh? Rollmdl I am jealous over your swim classes they filled our pool in. That sounds like so much fun. Julie I feel for you with your knee. I live on taking daily at least one 800 mg. of motrin in the morning. Sometimes I need it more but it seems to help when the knee starts up. Well the sun is shining and our storm we were to get last night fizzled out a bit. We are almost to spring and I love all the seasons. Julie fall for you isn't our world a funny place? Oh well I can't wait to get in the garden and pick some spring flowers. If this snow doesn't go away the kids will be doing their Easter Egg Hunt in the snow! Crazy. Its not that far away. But
Old 03-10-2005, 07:42 AM   #712  
fIREFLY

Hello everyone!
Glad to see your all hanging in there and doing well. We have all increased our intakes to include such good choices. Hurray for everyone! On the exercise note it seems like we are all doing well and trying our best. For me it was actually writing myself a goal to workout at least 3 times a week and checking my schedule and then making certain days for workouts. Sometiems I only go for 45 min or longer but that is better than not going. Yesterday I got there for only 50 min. but did some treadmill and wt training. I feel like a regular as when I go there I always see some familar faces around. I try to change my routine so that it mixes it up a bit. I read that is a good thing who knows I try almost anything once! My book came in from the library Ab's Diet I will ck it out and see what I get out of it. I generally get something from each thing I read. Someone asked me the other day what diet I am on. Really I couldn't say as I am doing my own thing I guess. But tracking my intake and exercise makes a difference for me. In May I am going off with the girls to Toronto and hope to buy some new clothes. Crazy huh? Rollmdl I am jealous over your swim classes they filled our pool in. That sounds like so much fun. Julie I feel for you with your knee. I live on taking daily at least one 800 mg. of motrin in the morning. Sometimes I need it more but it seems to help when the knee starts up. Well the sun is shining and our storm we were to get last night fizzled out a bit. We are almost to spring and I love all the seasons. Julie fall for you isn't our world a funny place? Oh well I can't wait to get in the garden and pick some spring flowers. If this snow doesn't go away the kids will be doing their Easter Egg Hunt in the snow! Crazy. Its not that far away. But at least it is a pretty day today!
Tom came for a visit oh! At any rate hopefully a short visit. I am going to hold off on my scale ck until he is gone as it effects my wt.
I miss hearing from our friend Tired!
Have a great day everyone! Don't be a slug! Exercise burns calories and you'll feel better and want to eat better and raise your metabolism.
Intake today: Breakfast = 1 english muffin mult. and jam. 200 cal.
Lunch= ? going to pick something up
Snack yogurt 90 cal.
Dinner= chicken and spinach w/ garlic, onions and reduced fat cheese melted over it cooked in alittle olive oil, lemon pepper seasonings.
That Mexican stew sounds good. Got the recipe? I love anything spicy!
Old 03-10-2005, 04:53 PM   #713  

Just a quick note so that you know that I haven't abandoned you! I had a good day, gym in the AM, usual eating pattern, but I ate a cannoli in mid-afternoon and my stomach feels horrible! A co-worker brought in some home-made banana bread, and I was so proud of myself for not even smelling it, then someone else brought in a box of Italian pastries. I went to a meeting, so I figured they'd be gone by the time I got out, but no....I'm paying the price. If I always felt this way after eating sweets, I'd look like Halle Berry.

More tomorrow--in the meantime, stay away from the cannolis!

judy
Old 03-10-2005, 06:01 PM   #714  

Lightbulb good afternoon

Couldn't get to the computer this morning. I found the ginger marmalade at a store last night and had the sandwich I described yesterday. My daughter looked at me like I was crazy when I offered to make one for her, too. Not five minutes later, she was in the kitchen making one for herself. It really hit the spot. Crunchy, gooshy and sweet, but not too sweet.

I had a chicken salad for breakfast and I'm about to have some strawberries for a snack.

Late light lunch: open-faced cottage cheese w/ ginger marmalade & lettuce (again)

dinner: burger patty with mixed vegetables and cheese

I plan on doing a light workout at the gym tonight (at 8:45)

Julie, great news about your knees!!!!

I've started a simple exercise log. I'm one who likes to see progress and accomplishments on paper. Lined notebook paper-date-day-time of day-activity-duration.

Judy, If you pass up one cannoli a day for one year.................We're all changing our behavior and consciousness in a very human way. It's progress. You're doing great! How smart not to stick your nose into that banana bread! My nose gets me into trouble all the time.

Have fun in Toronto, Carol. It sounds like your girlfriends are fun. I haven't gone clothes shopping with a girlfriend for a long time. That is something to look forward to.

Talk to y'all soon.

Love, Roll
Old 03-10-2005, 11:07 PM   #715  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

GOOD AFTERNOON , s, hope your all well, glad you enjoyed your sandwiche ROLL, good to see your daughter liked it too, I haven,t tired ginger marmalade with cottage chees I usually have it with ricotta but sounds interesting I,LL have to give it ago, JUDY good girl way to go for not even letting the of heavenly smells get to you, I make my hubby banana bread but I use a recipe from my slimming mag which is low in fat anf sugar its quite healthy, great your getting your workouts in you sound like your doing all the right things, sorry about the upset tummy just your bodies way of saying hey this is not the sort off food I want anymore, even though I,m married to an Italian and used to love all the lovely pastries, they are definately something I keep for a special occassion now who am I kidding I just make sure I don,t have them around so I,m not tempted will power has nothing to do with it well I,m doing good today my plan is in place and I,m actually sticking to it end of week two and I,ve lost another 2lb this time I hope their lost and not just misplaced I do that a lot I find them again and they usually bring a friend or two with them
BREKKI/ 2 SLICES FRUIT LOAF GINGER MARMALADE,
SNACK/ GRAPES. GREEN TEA
LUNCH/ 3 SANDWICHE SIZE VITA WHEATS WITH TUNA AND COTTAGE CHEESE,GREEN TEA
SNACK/ APPLE, GREEN TEA, A GLASS OF DIET GINGER BEER
DINNER/ BAKED FISH IN LEMON AND HERBS, LOTS OF VEGIES, GREEN TEA
BYE FOR NOW, TAKE CARE, HOPE YOUR WELL TIRED MISS YA. BLESSED BE, JULIE
Old 03-10-2005, 11:11 PM   #716  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

please excuse my spelling girls I haven,t slept well lately to much going on in my head, guess I,m a little bit mored tired than I care to admit, bye agian, julie
Old 03-11-2005, 08:17 AM   #717  
fIREFLY

Wow! Everyone is doing so well proud of all of us I am! I am going to ck out this ginger marmalade its got to be in the big super market. Yesterday was busy took the hubby to the doctors and then worked a half of day. And was it ever a day very very stressful but I kept it together not really going off! Just lots of important things to handle I had 10 messages awaiting for my arrival and many which needed attention right away. That is never fun. Oh well I made it through it all and have today off a vacation day. I have to go with my grandaughter and daughter to the Orthopedic doctor today. I will go to listen, support and ask questions as needed. My little 5 year old grandaughter has some gaite problems and its time to find out why. These things are never easy. Life sure does have some challenges in store for us. I am going to the gym on saturday instead of today I just couldn't seem to think about it fitting into my schedule.
As far as eating went yesterday it was around 1500 cal.s not too bad. I did change around my intake a bit. No breakfast more cals used for lunch, chicken soup for dinner etc.
Judy I don't blame you those are my favorites. I go to an Italian village about 40 min. away with some girl friends and we go for lunch and pack up lots of sweets for home. We always go in the spring time so its coming up. Maybe before Easter I will get there. Sometimes we just have to have a little something sorry it made you feel sick. Maybe if you would of had just an inch of it. I seem to be better than I ever was at taking a little I used to just go with out of eat it all. I guess I am coming to grips with it all I can only pray thats right.
Rollmdl keep up that good attitude your headed in the right direction keep going! I can't wasit to shop out of town.
Julie so good to hear your doing so well too! Every little wt. off is a step in the right direction. Keep moving and eating healthy! Your banana bread sounds great. I love it mom makes it but I am sure she doesn't make it with less cals. Is there a web site for that magazine? If so can you give it to me they have such good info. and recipes I'd be real interested in checking it out.
I'll ck in later w/ intake.
Breakfast= 1 multi. grain english muffin w/ canola little, 1 yogurt w/ 2 T. walnuts= 275
Old 03-11-2005, 03:32 PM   #718  

Default Hi All

I'm in the middle of a way too busy day. I ate before going to bed for the first time in a long time. I didn't sleep well and my tummy was upset when I woke up this morning.

Live and learn (hopefully)

Breakfast: small burger patty and 1 fried egg

snack: cantelope

lunch: smoothie

snack: orange

dinner: chicken salad

Didn't make it to the gym last night ---- going to the gym now....

Love to all----you're all doing great.

Roll
Old 03-11-2005, 05:01 PM   #719  

Julie--yaay for you, two pounds gone and no knee surgery, a week with a little good news, yes? I hope you get some rest and renewal this weekend.

Roll, I agree with you about tracking your progress. I struggle to make myself keep up a simple log, but I do like going to the little graph at the end of the week that shows my overall (downward) progress from week to week. It helps keep my spirits up when I'm not losing as fast as I like. Today I've changed my weight ticker to reflect that this morning the scale said 237, woo-hoo If I can lose three more pounds by Easter (just two weeks away, eek!), I will have achieved my next mini-goal.

Carol--You've had a lot to deal with these past few days. Good for you, not using all this stress as an excuse to pig out! That's my biggest challenge. I hope that the doctor's visit went well today.

I'm doing well today. I had a bit of ham for b'fast, running out the door; an apple and some almonds later on; a cup of chicken soup and a Lean Cuisine beef and broccoli for lunch, and a protein bar around 4PM. I'll have big salad for dinner--I'm leaving town for a few days, and need to eat up the perishables.

I'll try to check in again tomorrow. In the meantime, have a great day!

judy
Old 03-11-2005, 06:50 PM   #720  
fIREFLY

Judy thank you for your thoughts. It was a busy day. My grandaughters doctor thinks she is just pigeon toed from the way she was in the womb. Who knows he does hope that she will out grow it and we all pray she does. She such a little sweetie! Well after all the morning bog I went out for lunch and had chinese. Oh I am sure it had to be around 700 calories or so. But on a good note I gave my daughter the left over pieces and the rice. I had water and tea that must count for something. So for dinner I ate a few dried apricots and some roasted peanuts, water and will have a yogurt later. I guess I am trying to save myself!!!!!!!!!!!!! Send me a lifesaver someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No exercise to speak of today but plan on going to the gym on saturday. Then the grandson the 8 yr.old is coming to stay over. We will either go out for dinner or have pizza his choice. I will try to pre fit it into my intake for the day. Gotta have some extra water this evening to drown out my intake from earlier today. At least it was tasty. If your going to go awall it helps if it was worth it.
Judy have fun on your days away. Sounds like fun getting away. I was just thinking today my next trip will be in Hawaii next year I hope to see my son and daughter inlaw.
Julie hope your enjoying that fall weather. I love the fall going for a walk in the crunchy leaves. Do you get a lot of reds and golds in your area?
Rollmdl good for you making it to the gym and your intake looks alot more healthier than mine today.
Well I am going to go sew and stay out of trouble for awhileHave a great weekend this site sure does help!