Old 02-06-2005, 08:15 PM   #616  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Nice to hear from you Fatmommacat. Good luck with your new life and the hubby.
Judy glad your feeling better its no fun being sick. I luck out on all that snacking good food for the Super Bowl as my hubby isn't really into sports much. I did manage to go walking today. I went to the gym but it was packed and it was 45 outside so I decided to go to the canal and go for a walk. I even put a little jog into it today. I had a lot of resistance while walking as the path was snow covered and I had sneakers on . At any rate at least I went and it was beautiful outside. I am going to fit in at least 3 times more this week. I am reading the Dr. Phil 7 steps. It is quite interesting and is puting me in a get serious mood with my health and life style. My eating today was good. I went shopping and bought lots of veggies and some fruit. Well I am going to go eat my snack of a yogurt w/ super natural granola in it and a few buleberries.
Tireddoffat I am sure you are very busy today with the hubby and kids. Hope all is going well. Which Dr. Phil book were you reading? He has some good points.
My goal is to lose 5 lbs. by the end of the month, not impossible! But hard work! We will see how I do. Exercise 3-4 times a wk. and think of what I am eating before I consume it. I will need support that is for sure!
Carol
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:40 AM   #617  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

Default G,day Guys Guess Who?

HI s, WOW you all have been real good in your journey to a SEXY new you, I have been feading all the positive input and boy is that what I need at the moment, I,ve had a real bummer fortnight but something told me to get to a computer today for a real kick in the butt, and did I get it yes I did I,ve missed you guys alot but have been busy with life expectations really getting me down I have been so off the planet with my eating, I mean really bingeing I have been visiting the called OH I FEEL SO SORRY FOR MYSELF SO LETS EAT EVERYTHING I have gained back the last 5lb I lost plus they bought another 2 friends, I fell into my old trap of letting others contol how I feel and using food to comfort me but after coming here and getting such great encouragement and ideas, I am going to get back on board this train called weight loss and start again instead of giving up like I was planning to do HEY if I can kick cancer I,m sure I can give fat a run for his money, TIRED, CAROL, OLGA, JUDY, AND MOMMACAT, THANKS FOR BEING THERE AND CAROL I WILL BE BACK WITH SOME GOOD INFO SOON BUT NOW I,M TAKING YOU GUYS IN MY POCKET WHERE EVER I GO BYE FOR NOW BLESSED BE JULIE
I'm Living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:28 PM   #618  

Hi all, hope you're doing well. I'm having a lot of trouble accessing this web site lately. It's probably my computer. It is taking me so long to get on and I just don't have that kind of extra time. Hopefully my computer will be fixed soon. I hope you are all doing well. I'll try to check back soon.
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:59 PM   #619  
fIREFLY

Julie so glad your back don't give up, you have come so far and are going to kick this too! I will wait to hear from you with some good info. as always.
Tiredoffat sorry your having trouble geting on to the site. I had that happen before and I got off and back on again it worked. Who knows! Try to keep in touch. I will miss hearing from you !
Olga are you out there? Mommacat?? Oh how lonely. Oh well I am still going to put in my intake of the day. I did pretty good until I got home I think my hunger got to me. I did over eat a bit with the sloppy joe!
Breakfast: 2 poached eggs w/ dry rye toast 1 slice and a few potatoes 400 cals
Lunch: 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, 1/4 cuke, little blue cheese, few croutons 200 cals, 1 yogurt 80 cals ===280
snack: 1/2 apple 35 cals, 15 almonds 120
Dinner: homemade sloppy joes w/ 90% ff beef, spices, etc... extra helping on one slice of italian bread 400 cal., 1/2 cup baked beans 140 cals.
Snack: banana 70 cal. Total ==== 1550 wow at least I wrote it down!
Things I'd do differently next time less cal's at dinner! Live and learn! I better go read Dr. Phil some more!!!!
Have a good evening everyone.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:48 AM   #620  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

G,DAY EVERYONE Ihope your all well thanks for the encouragement CAROL I know I can get back on track its just a matter of will power which I know I can tap into when I choose, TIRED I hope youyou keep trying to stay in touch I feel I met a kindred spirit in you , you always come up with such positive thoughts when I need them the most, I hope your well OLGA, MOMMACAT, JUDY, I also hope your doing well ROLL if your still out there somewhere, all of you give me strength and hope that I can do this, I ,ve had a pretty good day, and like you CAROL I will keep checking in when I can for my benefit if nothing else but I always hope there will be someone else toshare with,
BREKKI/ FRUIT, AND CUP OF GREEN TEA
SNACK/ AN APPLE
LUNCH/ SPAGHETTI BOLOGNAISE, GREEN TEA
SNACK/ NECTURINE
DINNER/ CHICKEN TERIYAKI, WW CARAMEL RIPPLE ICE CREAM, GREEN TEA
NOT DOING TO BAD ON MY WATER INTAKE AVERAGE 6 TO 8 GLASSES A DAY
CAROL IF IT LOOKS LIKE I,M DRINKING ALOT OF GREEN TEA I READ IN ONE OF AUSTRALIAN SLIMMING MAGS IT HELPS TO BURN CALS AND IS AN EXCELLENT ANTI OXIDANT, WELL THATS IT FOR ME STAY WELL, KEEP FOCUSED, BE GOOD AND REMEMBER BE KIND TO YOURSELF, BLESSED BE, JULIE
Old 02-08-2005, 07:16 PM   #621  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hi, a quick check-in:

Work: ARRRRGH!
Workout: Made it to the gym yesterday, getting in my walks yesterday and today.

Food (The Good): Have managed to day "no" to several temptations these past few days, and have been keeping up with my journal. Staying well hydrated, not sneaking food at night.
Food (The Bad): Have not been strictly EPP, craving extra helpings, but then I discovered that it's that time of the month and now all is explained. So I'm allowing myself more higher-carb healthy food for a few days without beating myself up about it.
Food (The Ugly): Ate two protein bars yesterday afternoon before I figured out why I'm so 'hungry' all the time!

It occurred to me that despite the daily ups and downs, I'm still on track to reach my year-end goal, and that felt great!

Hang in there, ladies
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:24 PM   #622  
fIREFLY

Judy and Julie good to hear from you both! Kudos to you both with your intakes. Judy sometimes knowing why we want certain foods at times helps us to learn our wants and needs. Sounds like your geting in your exercise.
At any rate here is my intake. Julie I have been trying to get into the teas again sometimes I just forget. I also read about the green tea. One day I gave cup of green tea to a coworker and all she did was go to the bathroom all afternoon. So its kind of a joke around my office. When someone doesn't feel good I say try some tea. No one ever does! But I like it myself and even found Lime green tea. It was pretty good. I have been doing well with trying to fit a lot of variety in my diet. That way I don't get bored and eat healthier. Has anyone else had trouble with it taking awhile to get on this site? I experienced it last night? I know Tiredoffat was also having problems so I thought I'd ask other? Keep up the good work!
Breakfast: 1 bagel carb right only 100 calories, 13 fibers, 2 slices canadain bacon 70 cals, 1 thin slice of american cheese 40 cal. = 210 cal. 1/2 grapefruit 30cal = 240 total
Lunch; 1/2 red pepper with white tuna, lemon juice, lemon pepper, balamic vinegar and spices, celery, onion, cherry tomatoes and leaf greens, croutons and 6 almonds= 250cal. , 1/2 large apple 50 cal.
Snack: celery and laughing cow cheese = 57 cal.
Dinner: broccoli with cheeses and lemon 140 cal., turkey tenderlions 150cal., barbecue sauce 1T. 40 cal. =330 cal.
Snack: 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream w/ frozen blueberries 200 cal.
Hummus w/ celery 90 cal. Total cals= 1,200
Wow this is kind of low for me. My workout burned 260 on the treadmill and then 20 min more w/ wt. resistance.
Today I did lack in the water intake though. 40 oz. total and 1 can of fresca no cal.
Girls keep up the good work together we will all be ready to head into spring!!!!!!!!!!!
Tiredoffat hope your out there!
Carol

Last edited by cacmsc; 02-09-2005 at 06:15 AM.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:33 AM   #623  
fIREFLY

Wed. a.m.
Today I am going to make it to the gym again. I feel so much more motivated lately. I have been reading the Dr. Phil 7 step solution. Not sure if thats helping or what but I feel like I am making some progress. I have a better attitude with the wt. , lifestlye changes etc. I still will wait to do my wt. on saturday and in the book it suggest 1 time a week. Tiredoffat was the one who had the idea of saturdays as it helps you get a grip on the weekend. I know last friday I thought more about trying to make healthier choices.
Intake Plans: Breakfast= 1 low carb bagel w/ simply fruit 130 cal., 1 bowl cereal 200cal. w/ skim milk =330
yogurt= snack
Lunch= salad w/ tuna, lemon juice, lemon pepper, tomatoes, red pepper, croutons and cheese, almonds 250 cal.
1 apple 100 = 350
Dinner= homemade chili w/ lean beef, beans, lots of peppers, onions, celery 400cal?
fat free pudding 1cup 60 cals
1400 calories total
Take care everyone!
Old 02-09-2005, 03:49 PM   #624  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

HI everyone, its a beautiful hot summers day here downunder, CAROL I,m sending plenty off thoughts of sunshine your way, and I can,t wait for the Autumn to come here I,m not really a summer person, but the sunsets here are magnificent, just to see them makes you feel good to be alive, its easy to forget the simple things that can give us so much pleasure, JUDY you sound like you have a handle on things its good you recognise the keys that trigger your eating patterns my trigger is emotions got to stop taking trivial things on board good idea to keep in mind for when I finally get my DIPLOMA IN COUNSELLING, I think I better practise what I preach, any way not doing to bad so far today but it is only just past breakfast, CAROL unlike you and TIRED I haven,t been having trouble getting on this site from here downunder maybe some gremlins in the system at your end but then again we,re pretty layback in ozzieland so probably didn,t notice anything,
BREKKI/ GLASS OF ICY COLD SKIM MILK, GREEN TEA AND LEMON
SNACK/ PLAN ON AN APPLE
LUNCH/ PLAN ON A TUNA ON MULTIGRAIN TOAST, GREEN TEA
SNACK/ PLAN ON A NECTURINE AND SOME GRAPES
DINNER/ PLAN ON A BAKED DINNER WITH LOTS OF VEGETABLES AND SKINLESS CHICKEN
TRY TO GET IN MY 6 TO 8 GLASSES OF WATER, HEY GIRLS I AM ALLOWED TO GO FOR A NICE STROLL AFTER DINNER THREE TIMES A WEEK FOR ABOUT AN HR OR UNTIL I GET TIRED, DOC SAYS I,M DOING GREAT, WELL BYE FOR NOW, BE GOOD AND TRUE TO YOURSELVES, BE HAPPY , BLESSED BE , JULIE
Old 02-10-2005, 06:48 PM   #625  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Julie, send some of that sunshine up to Washington, DC! It's turned cold and windy, and may snow a bit before the night's over.

Carol, I haven't had problems getting onto the site, but maybe it's harder during peak times, I dunno.

Today I had an apple and string cheese for breakfast on the run, pecans for a snack, veggie soup and ceviche for lunch (Tex-Mex restaurant) and a protein bar late this afternoon. I'm planning to have soup and a big salad for dinner, if I ever make it home from work! Probably wqon't make my Valentines day goal (need to lose 2 more lbs) but I'm satisfied with my progress so far.

Take care, ladies!
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 08:17 PM   #626  

Hi all, can't live without you and really can't stay on track without you. Haven't wandered too far. Still having trouble getting on the site so I won't be popping in quite as often. Our computer is having a lot of trouble and we are so so so incredibly busy these days (doing what?????) that we just don't have time to deal with.

Ever feel like there's a lot of contrary energy in the air - that's what I'm feeling at home, at work and in the word in general. Funny, but I for once I don't feel like I'm causing it, but I feel like I'm in the center watching it all whirl around me.

Anyways I'm staying close to 1500 however all this snow has me wanting to eat more. I've been exercising a lot! I've grown to love it!!!! I'm up to about 4 miles sometimes slow and sometimes a little faster. I feel great when I do it. Even my bigger size 12 pants are loose though I'm having trouble getting under 170 (much better than the 210 I started with in August.)

Good to hear that you're doing well Julie. Glad you're reading Dr. Phil Carol. I'm going to pull it out tonight for more motivation. Thanks for bearing with my quick messages until the energy organizes itself again. Take care. I think of you every day!!!
Old 02-12-2005, 11:14 AM   #627  
fIREFLY

Hello everyone sorry I was a wall for a couple of days. Those darn female problems got the best of me and I was kind of exhausted etc. and out work. I landed in the doctors yesterday and my blood pressure was up first time in years due to my time. So I had to take it easy on exercise. But I did manage to get some in this week and reached my 3 day goal. I was shooting for 4 but this problem delayed me. And even with Tom as someone called it the doctors scale showed a decrease. That was something positive I was a bit down yesterday and the nurse even told me to give myself a break. So I did! At any rate as soon as I can I will be exercising again but for a couple of days need to let my body kind of rest. Thats not much fun now is it? Everytime I get started I get sick. But the doctor said I am in good health for the most part and keeping up with myself what ever that meant. She was pleased with the vitamins I am taking and feels thats why the menopause hasn't gotten the best of me. So I guess that is a positive thing too! Anyways my intakes haven't been to bad but the last two days I haven't written them up I will later today. Yesterday I did go for lunch after the doc's I had a fried fish sandwich didn't eat the roll and left 1/2 of the breading and didn't eat the chips. So I felt good about that. I am trying to make some better choices with many things. If I take higher cal. I add it in. So I figure at least its counted. I have been doing a lot of reading lately and many things say the best way is counting diets. The reports are showing that many fad diets in the long run don't provide us with enough protection against cancer etc. So just something to consider I guess exercise and a balanced diet seems to be the way to go! I will keep reading because it motivates me. I am glad to hear your doing so well Julie and yesterday I would of loved some warm weather. Little snow coming down today but sunny! Judy keep up the good work. Tiredoffat sometimes we are in the middle of things happening and tend to get twirled around a bit. Don't lose your footage you've come a long way. Isn't it nice that the wt. is coming off? Slower is better in the long run. The exercise will continue to help your clothes fit nicely and give you more energy. Being hungry is normal after all your burning calories and building muscle. Keep up your good efforts there paying off. I enjoyed some of Dr. Phil I sifted through some of it as it didn't fit my bill other stuff did etc....
Olga are you out there. Any one hear from Rollmdl?
Carol

Last edited by cacmsc; 02-12-2005 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:40 PM   #628  
fIREFLY

Well girls I have been off with my intakes for a couple of days. On Tues. my goal is to exercise and eat healthy. With Valentines Day I knew today would be hard and it was. To many temptations out there and not enough will power.
I will ck in on Tues with a better out look on life and my health.
Carol
Old 02-14-2005, 09:12 PM   #629  

I'm back! How are you? I'm thinking about starting a new thread - spring fling! Would you join. Maybe we'd get some new ideas and a fresh start for the next leg of our journey. I really want to reach my goal. In fact, I'm starting it tonight.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:50 PM   #630  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Default I'm Making a most triumphant return!!

Ok ladies,
First off I am coming back full force! I have been gone a few months, but have decided its now or never. So I will be starting on February 21st (and quitting smoking two weeks later). I am going for an all out heathier lifestyle.
So, I look forward to posting with all you wonderful ladies.
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote