Old 10-19-2004, 03:30 PM   #346  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WOW!!! Shad for 2 days in a row and no one else!!! LOL Is it the weather???? It's cold, windy and rainy here. Not nice at all but I went food shopping. Feeling like a nap right about now and think I wlll cancel Clara for today and lie down. Jen feels under the weather too. Hope we don't have a bug! Have a great night and take care!

Shad~ Maybe they need a portable potty on your floor! Now no one will want to drink any water! The way they handled the problem is the way they try to do it here to but Mother Mel has better ideas and makes them address the situation! Remember I said my temper is rising? Well it's about ready to pop and I don't even know why!!! Have a great week!!! I'll try not to make too many people cry if you don't either!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 07:24 PM   #347  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Nae, did you get your computer problem situated?

teel, hope your infection thing-y has cleared up...no fever, right?

shad, it's unbelievable that the perfectly good potties are being held hostage by a falling tile. Although it might be a bit scary to try to focus on Doing Business (Outgoing?) while watching for Incoming.

linus, I don't understand why you don't let Conner wear his jammies all day - walking the dogs in his jammies may be the beginning of a new fashion statement.

Cool, Calm Collected Mel. Nope, doesn't work for me either. Hope you and Jen were just temporarily puny.

We have a 5K race this Friday evening. I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm a little nervous. I may have missed mentioning the sidewalk vs. face incident. Let's see, how do I very casually slip in that my nose was broken only in two places, but it's mostly healed. One foot went one way, and the other foot thought it was a good idea and tripped over said first foot....

Dearest Hubster is going to leave in a week to stay with our DD for a couple of weeks to take care of her and dearest GD. DD is having a lump removed from her abdomen. The docs don't agree on what the lump is - they just agree it needs to come out because it is causing her so much pain. The school is being very understanding about the surgery and is willing to work with her to make sure she doesn't get behind. I wish they were closer, but at least her Papa is a perfectly capable to take care of both of them, including meals. I'm going to have to be responsible for my own meals for ELEVEN DAYS!! Can a person starve from their own cooking in eleven days? I can just stick with the four basic food groups: lobster, red wine, guacamole, and chocolate.
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:30 PM   #348  
Radiate self!

Default Just how it is

This is me basically for the past few days, coffee dependant and unmotivated. No excuses,

[IMG][/IMG]
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:38 PM   #349  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I think that may be a picture of me too Meadow. Today I just feel lousy - bit like Mel. The temper is uncertain and I couldn't finish my run today at the gym. I still had 13 minutes to go, I was not pleased with myself.

I have yet another sore throat. I have a terrible cough. I feel lousy. And if Black, Grey and beige never appear in my living spaces again, it will be too soon. What is it with this place and it's fixation on black clothes and furniture, beige bloody walls and gery bloody carpets!!!!!!!

Anyway, whinge over. I'm here to get some info on the place that is going to interview me tomorrow. Figured I should know what they mine, engineer or otherwise make money at. So here I am again at the cafe when all I want to do is curl up and sleep in the sun. Such is life. Got offered another job down here in Melb as well. I know I will get this one if I want it. Trouble is do I actually want it. We'll let tomorrow take care of itself and see what happens after that I think.

Okay. Off to find a quiet place where I can talk on the phone tomorrow. Is there such a thing in this city????
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:56 AM   #350  
Happy September

Well today the posts had me laughing.

Meadow~ I think you look like I feel. I am giggling over the pic. Maybe I need coffee to get it together!!!
How is the exercising? Did you do the belly dancing? I think it was you who talked about it?!?!

Joy~ I don't think there is such thing as a quiet place and if you find one I am moving there! So sorry to hear about feeling lousy. Seems to be a lot of that going around. So many new job offers and so little Shad to go around!!! Good luck with the interview and the choosing! The words Feast or Famine come to mind. Be well friend!

Tig~ My nose hurts in sympathy for yours! OUCH!
I can imagine feeling nervous. Fingers and toes will be crossed for you when you run. I'll send "safe" thoughts! Hope the DD woll be fine and everything goes as planned. Thank god Dad can come to the rescue. Change of scenery for him too. Should be a good thing all around. Hope you don't starve. Loved the 4 food group idea. Mine would be red meat, potatoes, soda and chocolate!!! I will try hard not to think of them today

Yesterday got away from me and Monday too. I seem to be coasting again so I am making a conscious effort to seize the day as Ruth would say. Jen had a fever of 100.? I forget. She hasn't called yet so must be asleep. I am taking the day to clean and cook. It's so dark (rain) that I want my BEDDIE!!! Have a great day everyone and sweet dreams Shad!

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-20-2004 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:50 AM   #351  

Hello hello hello I am posting at the same time as Miss Mel this afternoon...at least it is afternoon here but I know I am 5 hrs in front of Mel so Good Morning to Mel!

Sorry for my awol yesterday. I feel so ill on the concoction of antibiotics I am on four times a day to clear this absess and I have had to go to my g.p. surgery everyday so far to have it re-dressed...yuk yuk and yuk again.

Sorry to hear that Mel and Jen are under the weather at the moment, and Shad too....even Lirsty has had a time of it recently...must be something in the air!!

Tig I am sorry to hear the news of your DD having to have an abdominal lump removed. Hope she gets better quick and makes a speedy recovery.Good luck with your 4 food choices....what does one "do" with gaucamole? I have a far easier solution...Chinese...fish & chips...Indian and pasta!!!! Right. I am off for a well needed sleep.
Take care everyone. All get well soon.
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 06:07 AM   #352  

where has everyone gone ?????
i just popped in to let you know i went to view the new house this morning and it is gorgous everything i could want and more now all i need is to make them give me one !!!!!! have to phone this afternoon to tell them im interested and they will take it from there so keep everything crossed
kirsty
ps ill pop in later to let you know whats happening
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 07:29 AM   #353  

Default Morning Chickies

Hi well, I am leaving bright or not so bright and early this morning to go down to Boise to see my boys. I have lots of good meals planned and I will get to see JEsse play in the first hockey game of the season for the uni. SO I am a happy girl. The only bummer is that my ex is going to arrive on Saturday night too but he won't be staying at the house so that will be good. He of course is not wanting to see me because he has spoken so many foul things about me.
I will help Chad move out of his summer bunk houe accomadations for the forest service back to thehouse so it should be fun.
Miss all of you.... Linus I do hope the house works out for you. glad things are moving in that direction.
I do hope everyone who is suffering or hurting is on the mend too.
I still cannot get into the journals no matter what I do..... sort of frustrating me now.
Take Care everyone,
Roseblush
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:24 AM   #354  
Happy September

Nae~ All my good thoughts go to you for a happy and pleasant trip. Know the feeling. Sounds like a great time to see the boys and the game too. good luck and above all...you are a sweet person so just remember that! Keep good thoughts close to your heart. Have a great time! I wish I could help with the journal but am computer-illiterate. Has Suzanne answered yet?? Still hoping you can find a way to get back to us!! Have you tried typing in the 3fc addie and going to the home page and entering from there? I remember when they changed over...all my "bookmarks" wouldn't work and I couldn't comment in anyone's journal. I had to get rid of my bookmarks, get rid of temporary files and I also defragmnented while I was there. Finally I got back in but I think /suzanne had to help me with something also. We were working o n it together. good luck! Miss you sneaking in there with a comment!

Linus~ I could not be any happier for you. I hope they listen to you and you are selected for a new home! How wonderful that would be. What a motivator to keep even MORE busy than you already are! Hope the sun shines down on you and your family! Good luck. also hope you are feeling better.

Teel~ How do you feel!! Thanks for the wishes. I really think mine is just winter blues. Pills for infections can cause all kinds of tummy problems as I know you already know! Hope your stomach is better now or very soon. How many weeks must you be on them and how is the neck? Improving I hope. Feel better soon.

I have been lying around for 2 days and I mean lying! the wheelchair hasn't been in the upright position except to get food and potty trips! I thought at first I was sick but it's just sinus problems and I think Winter Woes. Jen had a small fever but is thinking the same. It got too cold and damp so soon and just hit us very hard this year. I have forced myself to try and get on schedule this morning and keep to it. wish me luck. I am just feeling so lazy and sleepy with it all. My blood tests are great from last week... just the glands and sinus probs. So I had best get a move on and cook something before the meat goes bad in the freezer!! Have a great day/night and be well!
Old 10-21-2004, 07:00 PM   #355  
Happy September

WTF!!! WHERE IS EVERYBODY?????DON'T YOU ALL KNOW BY NOW THAT I'M AFRAID TO BE ALONE IN THE DARK?????

I just popped in to say I had a miracle cure. I used the sinus meds for 2 days now and the listnessness and fatigue and aches are over. It was fluid from the glands spreading to the muscles and I have had this before. How I could forget this is beyond my simple thinking! jen may have the same so I am going to the store in the AM to get her some drugs she can handle and still be able to walk. mine are too strong unless she wants to stay 2 days in bed.

Have a great day Friday and sweet dreams. Good Morning Miss Sunshine Shad if you drop in. I think we should borrow Linda's prod if the attendance doesn't improve soon!!
Old 10-21-2004, 11:40 PM   #356  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

I'm afraid of the prod, so I'm popping in to say I've been reading but too lazy/busy/tired/whatever/takeyerpick to type something. But back to ProdFear.

Today was Friday Eve HELLO, WORK! and tomorrow is the Pumpkins in the Park race!! It's an evening race - my first. VERY excited! The race is at Cocoa Beach. Anybody remember I Dream of Jeannie? Okay, so I'm a bit fluffier than I was then...
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:38 AM   #357  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh no not the prod, anything but the prod! Please no not the prod.

Feeling a bit better now. Still hacking and coughing at night but hey. I've spat the dummy with the grey, beige and black city and have hired a car for the weekend to go to hills. (Maybe I will hear the sound of music. Who knows) Anyway, I looked at the map and decided to head east to the Dandenongs taking in the State Rhododendron gardens and then east again until I hit the coast. I'll work my way home from there. Sunday I think I may go south and get to the Mornington Peninsular and Philip Island. Well it is a plan. Probably I'll see one of those brown tourist signs and head off into the wilderness to see who knows what.

Had an interview for a job yesterday - the one I told you about in Perth. Went okay. Who knows what they think though. They said they will let me know hopefully next week - don't hold your breath tho' (They didn't say that, I did). Otherwise life is interesting. At least I have paid off my credit card and all the bills are up to date. One good thing to come from this job I suppose.

Okay, time to move on. Haven't done much exercise this week owing to the sore throat and general Idonwanna attitude. But next week it's back into it. Foods not been too bad I guess. Don't think I am losing anything tho. See ya all.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:56 AM   #358  

The Hills Are Alive.....with the sound of Shad singing.....!
Ok. Here I am reporting for a post! Shad I hope you are truly feeling better now and your sore throat has not come to anything mega horrible that requires you to have a course of antibiotics....you can share mine! Enjoy your weekend in the fresh air..I can just imaguinr you dancing ove the brow of a hill....
Do you think you like Perth better than Melbourne? Hope the job scene gets a bit better very soon for you.
Linus...so glad you loved the house...dare I ask....is it really yours???:clap: Now to persuade DH....How is that absess of yours? Did you keep your g.p. appointment? Have you survived half term holiday???
Mel you too need to be in the " I feel better now!" class! And Jen too.
Tig GOOD LUCK with your first race!! Pumpkins in the Park!! Are you going to dress up as a pumpkin as well?!
Nae sounds like you have rather a busy time ahesd over the next few days! Hope DD wins the uni match!!
Happy...time to come in and say hello....

As for me...well I still don't feel very well although the absess does seem to have done a good disappearing act. Its the rest of me that feels ill! I am SO tired and last night had one of those stupid nights when I woke up on the hour every hour...or so it seemed!
So now I am heading off to my bed for an afternoon kip!!! Night night!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:35 AM   #359  
Happy September

Amazing what a little PROD will do!
I did not go shopping. Woke up too late. I set the alarm for Thursday instead of Friday! Just as well cause the sleep was well worth it.

Tig~ Good luck and fingers crossed for the Pumpkin Race!! Is a Pie the prize?? Just the thought of it brought back old Autumn memories and The Great Pumpkin...Charlie Brown. Above all I hope you have fun.

Shad~ Great news on the interview happening and more to come. Hope you shake off the cough too. Have a wonderful trip into the Hills of Music. Now as you stroll the countryside, you can sing the song from Teel! don't forget the camera!! Hope the batteries are fully charged by the time you leave!

Teel~ Glad the abcess is healing but I bet you wish the antibiotics would leave your system! ((((((HUGS)))))) and hope you feel better soon. Those pills can really do a job on a person's poor body. Hope today is a better one.

I had nothing planned for today. But the office has already called. Havoc reigns already. So they really made up my mind to stay upstairs and follow some of Flylady's suggestions like find the wrapping paper, bows and boxes. I know I have them somewhere. It would be a much more constructive use of my time rather than being the bear and clawing everyone.
I need to boil some eggs and get moving so I hope you all have a great day and a terrific weekend!! Stay Well!
Old 10-22-2004, 11:43 AM   #360  

Default did someone metion the PROD

i heard through the grapevine that mel was threatening everyone with the prod so i thought id better come and post because dear lady that if you try and send a prod through the post they will come and take you away !!!!!!
having a really dreadfull time the dog had been playing up and not sleeping so henceforth im not sleeping we are having gale force winds and pouring rain so i ache all over and hurt like ****
abcess has gone all by its self {mark up one for the old body} the pain however is being rediculous the doc had a giggle at the locum giving my co-proxomol for my pain and the fact that they were supposed to be stronger than the ones i had but as he cant prescribe anything stronger until ive seen my surgeon again for another M.R.I to make sure that i havent ruptured another disc as the pain seems to be affected by lumbar disc six and the one ive had the bother with was 5 so wait i will
TEEL no i havent been offered the house yet so dont uncross those fingers yet will probably find out next week sometime but i did find out that all the bedrooms have built in wardrobes and ariel sockets and phone sockets so a major cutback on wires run all over the house i will phone you later as im grounded as we have our nephew staying so expect a call later
MEL i will get that calender posted next week ive been told the best way for to make sure that you get it in one piece is to take it to a sorting office and get them to verify whats in their and to let them seal it back in 5
linus is offline   Reply With Quote