Old 11-23-2004, 07:42 PM   #481  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Miss Meadow!! Nice to see you and wish the flu would find somewhere to go!!!! Hope you feel more like yourself soon. Quite a bad one this time. YIKES! It seems like everyone is busy so don't feel bsd! At least you were reading! I didn't even do that much! Get well soon!

Linus~ Hope you don't sprain your fingers!!! Better give them a 10 minute rest every now and then! Alos hope you get well soon. Teel also. You are all in my mind where ever I roam!
don't over do it! I forgot to say what a great thing you are doing giving up the fags!!! Congratulations for making a good choice for your health! On the coughing....I coughed a lot too. The dr said it was normal for some people. i knew others who never coughed at all but I kept hacking away. Not sure how long that went on. had a tightness in my chest then too. He called it all withdrawal symptoms! Keep up the good work!!!

I had a lazy afternoon and did almost nothing! Rosie from the office came up and gave me the Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban movie. She had bought it for me for Xmas but thought I could use it now on the long weekend. How right she was!!! So I watched it and will another 100 times! Getting to be late and I want to read before bed so take care all and have a great night. Good morning Missy Shad!!! 2 1/2 days to go!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 03:07 PM   #482  

right all you ex smokers i need some advice i dont mean to sound really stupid but this not smoking thing is going too well i still dont want one, the smell when other people smoke near me turns my stomach {instead of me leaning closer trying to get a whiff} does this mean im going to suddenly hit the wall???? am i going to have really severe withdrawels ????
im determined to do this it seems to be the only part of my life i can take total control and i dont want to fail because i becamr too blase about it and then suddenly find myself running to the shops for cigs
now to the normal stuff got a lot of the xmas stuff wrapped but am worrying the kids as they keep looking for pressies but we havent bought theres yet weve put the money away and are getting them at the last moment so they cant have time to find them is it just me or do you decorate your houses awfully early ?? is this thanksgiving deccies or xmas ones your all doing at the moment hold on just got a text from teel she has managed to get a hold of the phone so im just giving her a call the sister is just putting her through so ill sign off for a while and talk later bye for now
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 03:22 PM   #483  

good news sheila should be getting home very soon shes to get more injections tommorrow so she might get home friday so shes / forget that she has just had a very nasty turn and gotten very breathless and very dizzy and wasnt folllowing the train of thought at all the text message she sent me was gobbledegook but i thopught that was just because she was writing under the sheet shes gottten the nurses attention and i told the nurse about her not following the train of thought and her mind jumping from one conversation to the next so ive left the nurse to deal with her and ill try and update as soon as possible
kirsty
Old 11-24-2004, 06:29 PM   #484  
Happy September

Linus~ Thanks for the update. God I hope the medicines aren't affecting her thinking. Geez!
Glad to hear you are wraoping and shopping too! Gives me that Xmassy feeling all over!! I am decorating for xmas this weekend!!! LOL Jen and I always do on the Thanksgiving weekend. It became a tradition after Larry and I separated. It was something to cheer her up. We broke up when she was 8yrs old and in the end of October. Wasn't nice so close to the holidays but what can ya do. So ever since then we start early and spend almost 2 months with Xmassy stuff. We don't take it down till january 6th I thinkl it is or 10th. I forget!
Hope you are feeling better every day too! Hang in there

I had another great but tiring day. The lobby is now decorated and we took more senior pictures. Next week we should finish that part up. It was Frank's BD and Jen and I gave him a beautiful scarf. He was totally blown away!! I loved to watch his face!! This is the man that keeps buying us expensive presents. I just wanted ONCE to see him happy. I said in my journal...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! The kids and I are definitely doing the dinner on Saturday so I do have 2 days to myself and my Xmas closet! LOL Hope you all have a great day tomorrow and for those celebrating the holiday.......
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Old 11-24-2004, 08:33 PM   #485  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

This is the last time that I am coming to this Internet cafe. The very last time. Yeeee abba dabba doooooooooooooo!

Feedback for you:
The agent rang me (the one that put me into this job) and told me that he has an extension for me if I wanted it. He also said he knew I had handed in my notice. Just checking he said. I told him that I was already re-employed in Brisbane and they (Melb) would have to pay me $1000 per day to stay. He doesn't think he can talk them into that!!!! Anyway, we parted on good terms and he is looking for more work from me as the Perth job appears to have sunk beneath the radar. Such is life.

Packed most of my bag last night, just left out the things needed for work today and tomorrow. So one more sleep and I am on my way to Queensland.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 10:49 AM   #486  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Linus, I WISH the smell of a cigarette would disgust me as it does you. I think that's very good news for you. It means that you have stepped away from the addiction and you are most probably very likely to be successful in your quit. The Zyban will make everything smell and taste funny but you still have to battle the cravings in your head and resist them. It sounds like you are doing very, very well. Keep up the good work girl!!!!! I'm proud of you

Glad to hear that Teel with be home soon as well as Shad. Are they both doing the happy dance?

Linus asked if people decorate early here. Yes, it seems that they do. In fact they get crazy about decorating for every holiday. The people down the street had their house completely decorated for Christmas BEFORE Halloween which was the end of October. Ok,so I can see taking advantage of the warmer weather to get the things outside but for heavens sake, don't be turning on the lights yet!

We got our first snow of the season yesterday. Was supposed to be a light bit but we got several inches of heavy, wet stuff. I was out beating the branches of my beloved pine tree because the snow was weighing them down and I was afraid that the limbs would break under the weight. DH decided it was perfect packing snow and before you know it, we were making a snowman. Haven't done that in years. He's quite the huge fellow (see picture) - over 7 feet tall and he's pointed right at the neighbor's house so that my 3 year old buddy can see him when he looks out the window. I can tell you that I won't be missing the snow here.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, I am thankful for the friendships here. Have to run now and get ready for dinner at sister's house. Saturday we are off to Memphis until Monday for one more house hunting trip before we settle for living in a flat for a few months.

Blessings to you all and I will try to PM addresses to you tomorrow. Please send me your addresses too and Teel's please also.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MrSnowman.jpg (35.6 KB, 38 views)
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 12:09 PM   #487  
Happy September

Happy~ Loved the pic!! So much snow already!! WOW!!
I'm so surprised. Hope the holidays are great and wish you all the best with the packing. Nearing the end??? LOL

Linus~ Forgot you wrote about the ciggies. Just be grateful! LOL Seems like the zyban is really working for you. I'm happy it is. Makes the quitting soooo much nicer! Continued success!

Shad~ Will be nice to see you home and more often!!!
Have a good trip!! Don't forget all the snaps and the camera!!! Hope the week's end is a good one!

I am in the middle of decorating. they came to deliver the turkey dinners for the shut-ins and did not need me! nOnly my cart!
First time I had Thanksgiving Day off! Felt funny and had mixed emotions! Guess I'll get used to it!! They bring High School kids that need to do community service for credits with them now.
They were all so adorable and young that the seniors had a great time. I best get the butt back to decorating the tree. For a small one it's taking forever! LOL
Happy Thursday and Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2004, 03:48 PM   #488  

just a quick post teel was having a hypo last night her blood sugars where 2.3 so she texted a couple of hours later and sounded much better she didnt get to see munglani today so dont knopw if shell get out on saturday or not
kirsty
Old 11-26-2004, 08:20 AM   #489  
Happy September

The sugar problems would account for the speech and thinking changes. send our love again wheneve you speak to her. We're all hoping she'll be home soon. Thanks again Linus.

Today I was full of energy but it seems to be fading. Best get on with the day and get my butt off here. Many miles to go to sort out this particular closet. Thought I had but there is still too much crap in it!!!
Hope you all have a great weekend and Happy Friday. I see 3fc will be closed for a short while tonite and sat morn for a general pre-Christmas cleaning!! Wonder if we'll be properly decorated for the Holidays!!! adios muchachas!!
Old 11-26-2004, 09:05 AM   #490  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Helllo, I am home!!! and to prove it I am going to give us a new home. We are busting at the seams with this one. 33 pages must be a record even for us.

Okay, just hang on for a bit.

Okay click New Home to go see our new pad down by the water

Last edited by Shad; 11-26-2004 at 09:27 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 04:35 PM   #491  
Let The Sun Shine In

Hope everyone is well...sorry I haven't posted in a very long time...but my time has been spent with my family!

love'n light Marie
Wish'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 04:45 PM   #492  

Marie, we are #5 I will pop your post there!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote