Old 11-18-2004, 07:15 PM   #466  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

<------this is what I need to keep me going for the next few days! Clara (the 92yrs old) Needs some help for the next few days. I said OK. What could I say She wants some cards written, notes, decorations and some Mall shopping on Monday. Si I may be away for a few days. I also want to get some rides in while the mild weather is here but today the weatherman was WAY off base!!! Hope you all have a great end to this week and a happy weekend JIC I am too tired to type. Arm,s are tired tonite. Feel like they are full of lead. Please take care of yourselves and be well!

Nae~ The cans are all done and turned out adorable. They eill get filled by the womens club. Glad you and Teeka are well and I would love to do a dead tree ormament. We used dead branches in a fancy urn one year and sprayed them white and hung ornaments on them. Very Chic! Have fun with it.

Linus~ If God forbid anything goes wrong....please e-mail me!! I will at least check my mailbox. Good luck getting ready for Monday and I will be here by then to urge you onward!! You might not feel like posting but feel free to come here and ***** to your hearts content!!! Hope you feel ok too. Nice news about Craig!!! Congrats from Aunt Fanny!!! Very proud of hime for going the extra mile to get back on track! Growing pains!! LOL

Well Chicks.....gotta go and shower. Getting too late for me!! Love to all and see you sometime over the weekend! Possibly Sunday. I'll send Shad a note. Adios My Friends!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 07:40 PM   #467  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Default Back Home!

Am I the only one who noticed that as soon as Mel mentioned fresh unmentionables that we all reappeared??

Dearest Hubster brought back 3 bushels of apples from upstate New York. I've canned 24 pints of applesauce so far and have been through half the apples. I'm going to work on apple butter - I have about a dozen pint canning jars left. Then I'll go back to applesauce and can quarts. Ever heard of a body who can't cook but can can?

We have another 5K this weekend - an evening run, Space Coast LightFest. There are three women in my age range (The Not Quite Ancient, But Close age group) who run really fast. I keep hoping that they find another race to run besides the one I'm running in. But meanwhile, I chase whoever is in front of me with the sole goal of beating them soundly, no matter how old or young. So far, I've beaten a four year old boy, two forty-year old women, a sixty-year old man, and a couple of walkers. No one is safe from my competitive spirit!

I put on two pounds total with the traveling. I know that some of it is travel (I always swell up when I fly), some is salt (restaurant food is much saltier than home cooking), but a majority is actually portion control and the ever infamous VOLUME! I ran 40 minutes this morning on the treadmill. I'm determined to get back where I want to be as quickly as possible. My mantra: portion control, water, exercise!

Just a question - has everyone been accounted for now?
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:10 PM   #468  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Default My Turn!

Popping us to the current page...

Want to hear about the dull all day meeting today? Oh. Okay. Never mind.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:36 PM   #469  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Default Apple Count

Total for today is 21 pints of apple butter and 6 quarts of apple sauce. There's only one half bushel of the three left.
Man, does this house smell GOOD!!
Old 11-21-2004, 02:02 AM   #470  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

It's about time we had a new home too. The pages numbers are getting up there. I will do it when I get home on Friday if no one does it before.

Had a good weekend bumming around the coastline of Victoria. Said hello to Wilsons Prom for you Nae. I went there about 6 years ago. I must send you some of my pictures from that trip. You may be able to download them and get them printed for more posters.

Happy is obviously busy in and out of the house. Mel is doing Clara as her good job for the week. She needs sainthood that one.

Teel, I hope you are feeling better. I'm sorry I haven't rung you but I will be home in 5 days time so should get to you then. Linus too.

Tig, these runs are becoming addictive for you. Mind you that is better than sitting around moaning about things so go for it. You will need a second closet for t-shirts shortly.

Okay, gotta go get me some dinner. Then it's an early night for me. I did 847.9 kilometres driving over the weekend. I'm whacked.

Catch you all during the week.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:42 AM   #471  

Default Morning

Shad it was so nice to hear from you. You did put on the miles. What were some of the other highlights? I so enjoyed touring around oz and would love to come back. I had a friend who just returned from touringNZ and assures me I should go there first!!! Have a safe return to your home.
Linus, we haven't heard from you for a while...can we assume no news is good news? Am thinking of our Teel and sending good thoughts. HOw are the two of you doing over there?
Miss Mel, how goes it this weekend....I do hope youaren't wearing yourself toa frazzle. I have missed you popping in here... our rock you know. Mel, I had left a pm for a gal who was so great about the first thread I ever participated in...then she moved...well she answered my pm after about a year or more and is back to 3FC again... It was so good to hear from her.
Tig and Meadow what is going on? I want you girls to know that I have my christmas village up and my handsome woodland santa and some of my snowmen. I painted my banister outside yesterday, sealed up my vents, and transplanted my snap dragons from outside to in and put the seeds in enevelopes for next year.....got bit by a spider somewhere along the way on my little finger but I have good stuff for it....
So feeling content with the house a bit better before the cold winds blow. I borrowed a batch of movies and dvd's from my friend.... going to watch the passion today...... really like Man on Fire the other day.... and to lighten the whole day I will have Shrek for my bedtime video
Ladies I do hope this finds you all well and your families healthy and safe.
Here in America we are busy planning our Thanksgiving..... I am going to attempt my New York cheesecake again this year. And we are going to have a white elephant chinese auction after dinner which should be fun.
Love to all of you,
Take Good Care,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 09:58 AM   #472  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chickies. It's been a busy 2 weeks or more for me. First up, we sold our house. In 12 days no less and we got close to what we wanted for it. We were not out to make a vast fortune unlike many people who have priced their houses too high only to watch them sit on the market. Looks like we will have to be out the Monday after Christmas. At least now I know I can go back to ripping the house apart and won't have to worry about phone calls 2 and 3 a day to get out while the house is being shown. We won't know until the 5th of the month IF they have a flat available for us in the apartment complex of our choice so at this moment we may be living in the cars come January We put a bid in on a home in the new town but the owners were asking what we felt was an awfully high price considering it needed some extensive costly repairs and we could not come to an agreement so we walked away from that deal and will continue looking in earnest once we get settled in down there. I took a trip to the new office last week. Will be working 2 different jobs split between 2 different offices for the first 4 months. All in all, it looks to be an incredibly hectic time for me for the next 6 months. That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

Sorry to hear that Teel is under the weather, hope she's getting good care and on the mend quickly. Please pass along my love and speedy recovery wishes if you talk to her. Mel is no doubt making tracks all over helping everyone who flags her down again I see. Is the new chair in the shop because you've worn the tread on the tires? Just be sure not to wear yourself down my dear - there's only so much of you to pass around! Shad you should be wrapping up things on the job this week, right? Sounds like you had quite a great weekend - you should start a business as a getaway weekend tour guide. Linus, it's the day before the BIG day. Good luck with kicking the cigarette habit You will still want to smoke but you have to be strong. Yesterday was 7 months quit for me and I have been thinking about it more than ever - probably the stress over the last 3 weeks but I have stayed strong and true and you can too. Just have the family hide everything that can be tossed in their direction and swatted at them. Yelling on your part is thoroughly allowed though. Meadow, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your adopted cat.

So Tig, how do you make homemade applesauce?

Mel have you gotten any snow yet? I hear it's been showing up in your neck of the woods? We are below freezing here, I expect a flurry or two any day now. Will be glad to be driving away from it although the new home seems to be quite rainy. At least I don't have to shovel rain

Thursday kicks off Thanksgiving and the start of the holidays for us. My sister is having dinner - a grand and lucious meal no doubt. I have to decide today what dishes I will be bringing. We've been eating out alot as we've been chased out of the house. Getting to the point we don't know what to order anymore. Another reason I'm glad the house is sold is being able to go back to more nutrious meals. I packed away most of my cookbooks already but the Internet is great for any recipe you could want and I did leave my 2 favorite soup cookbooks out and available.

Time to get busy for the day now. Take care all...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 02:52 PM   #473  
Happy September

Well Chicks you have been a busy bunch. I am on a coffee break! LOL Jen and I had a good weekend and spent time together. I finished bot mine and Clara's cards for Xmas. Whick reminds me....Happy and Meadow and Tig, I have no addresses for you should you like a card!!! PM's would be nice!
Have only been out once in the last 3 days! The weather is not cooperating!! Rainy or cold and windy! Getting pretty much done when the bells don't go off!

Happy~ Yes it flurried here the other day and I almost fainted!! Good luck with the move. Glad you got this house taked care of and keeping my fingers crossed you find something wonderful when you get there! The job will keep you busy and there won't be any time to worry! LOL Enjoy the changes!! Yes you will get STRONGER!!!

Shad~ Your trip sounded great and glad you get to blow off steam and cobwebs on the weekend! Enjoy the city for the last few days! Hope to see you home soon. Missing you.

Nae~ My outdoorsy friend. Why don't you invite your friend here if you don't think we will scare her off!!! We still don't have 80 worldly Chicks!!! How goes the dead tree craft??? I bet it looks great. I printed and signed 100 cards for the whole bldg. They love to get "mail". I tell them they are love letters! I have been watching a LOT of Xmas movies. Bishop's Wife, Xmas Story and other oldies but goodies.

Meadow, Linus and Teel~ Hope this note finds you all better, happy and healthy! Sent the card to Teel's house instead of the hospital. Hope she'll be home soon if not already. I also hope some of you jump in and keep us posted with a quick hello!

Have a wonderful week everyone and be well~ Love, Mel
Old 11-22-2004, 05:41 PM   #474  

hello everyone the reason national health hospitals get so crowded in winter is because teel and i are over here
sorry folks took a header down the stairs on friday night well sort of slid all the way down on my back {if id landed on my head id be fine} managed to bump the bit of my back with no spinal column and my spine swelled and i couldnt feel my legs so ive been in the hospital since friday evening and got out this morning
broke my bloody mobile while i was bouncing down the stairs so didnt have teels mobile number and she has been through the wars again
they have moved her ward and i will apologise my head seems to be very confused at the moment i must ask happy if she got the same problem when she was on zyban its getting terrible thursday afternoon i went to the cashline{atm}then went to thre shops went to pay for my shopping and discovered even though id been to the cashline i didnt take any money out so had to pay the shopping with my visa
i got home and went to take the dogs out and got to the backgreen dooor and realised i didnt have the backgreen door key OR THE DOGS so now ive told you how things are with my mental capacity ill explain about teel when teel was speaking to me about her illness i got mixed up she said she had the same illlness as what id picked up to be the same as my little sister{endometriosis} where i had gotten confused was even though she was in the ginae ward it wasnt ginae related she infact was being treated for the same as my mum{fibromyalgia} which explains the injection in the shoulder{the only thing i got right } there is still no sign of her getting out oh and before i forget MEL sheila said thank you for the card you made her day
so today was my first day on the no smoking thing it wasnt too bad the times before id treid to stop smoking i was climbing the walls by now but so far so good and yes i know its only day one but im trying
had craigs parents evening on thursday it was fantastic still cant beleive they where talking about my kid and this week {wait for this} craig is teaching his craft and design and technology teacher how to use the new graphics package that they have just got hows that for a turnaround
right im gettin daggers for being sat upright for too long and dh keeps saying i thought it was a quick note ?????
before i go i have all the xmas cards written and waiting to be posted but im still needing adresses if you dont want to give me your proper address then maybe possibly a care of address MEL i have yours and i have sheilas but the rest of you arent going to get your cards HAPPY if you are staying in your car youd better give me the parking bay number right i really have to go now im going to get disconnected
bye for now
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 08:57 PM   #475  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

4 days to go, 4 days to go, 4 days to go.

Ho hum, and I am not going to get finished what I want to get finished because everyone who I need for help is doing something else or is sick. I really don't have any other problems. Slowly packing the bag as I get things washed and sorted. The DS is organised to pick up his mummy and the darling child has paid the car registration for me. Well he has used it continuously for the past couple of months.

Had a wonderful dinner with one of the women who was on the team when I started, she's now left and is working elsewhere, but we wandered out to dinner (I staggered home at around 11.00pm) Nice middle eastern dinner it was too.

I'll pm the necessary after I have finished here Kirsty. Need to get hold of Teel as well, wonder if they have fixed the phones yet!!

Okay, better go get on with the day again - or at least what is left of it. Day 4 halfway through and counting!!!!!

See you all. Glad to see happy coming to visit again. Good on you for selling the house so quickly. Now the shifting bit comes and you are expected to work as well!!!!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:29 PM   #476  
Happy September

Lord, you go away for a few days and everyone is ending up in hospital over there in the British Isles!!!

Kirsty~ i am so sorry to hear about your fall! OMG!!! Lucky you didn't break your neck!!! Were you hoping to end up in the same hospital as Teel and keep her company?????
Thank God you're alright and listen to the DH and don't over do the sitting etc. Hope you will feel better soon. So sorry also to hear about Teel!! I was hoping she would be home now. Give her my love and best wishes. Glad the card gave her a lift. Not fun being in there for soooo long!

Shad~ Glad the car and your return is sorted out. Have a great end to the week and hope you get home safe and sound. Miss your daily postings!! LOL Do us proud on your last week and make them sorry after you've gone home!!

Tig~ I just read my poke! LOLOL How did the marathon go and when is the next one? Did you push any old ladies and kiddies off the shoulder of the road or knock them down to get to the finish line???? I could come and run interference for you! I'm great at running people down!! let me know. It could be a whole new career move for me.

Clara is all sorted out and her shopping is done except for a winter coat but I think a niece may be able to do that better. Nothing we found suited her taste or MOOD!!! But at almost 93 who is going to argue with her!! LOL
I have a story~ While shopping in the $1 store, I was helped by another customer. She moved a box so I could get out of the aisle and get to the register. she immediately told me her life story including that her husband was dead and she found it difficult to celebrate Xmas etc. I listened and we paid for our stuff. She having taken my advice and bought 2 small shelf decorations before leaving but not the small tree she really wanted. Outside the store she burst into tears, we hugged and I told her one step at a time. Maybe the tree next week. Get passed Thanksgiving and then get the tree. I would be thinking of her on Christmas. She smiled and let go of me and wiped her eyes. she seemed quite calm but looked at me questioningly. I told her that I believe people's paths cross for a reason. She agreed and thanked me and walked away saying she would remember me also.
I have a question now......WHY ME?????? i had tears in my eyes for a gosh darned with sprinkles on toped hour after this meeting and it killed me to shop!! Sure she felt better and I was only too glad to help a human being that was suffering BUT then I am left with their sorrow and they walk away happy and smiling!!! So if I am the one in the wheelchair how is it that the shoes are not on the other feet?!?!?!?!? This is a double edged sword kind of thing. Ya know?? Anyway........
the day was a great one and I am all cash-spent out. Not a dime till the 1st of the month!!! LOL I even bought Clara some ornaments for her tiny tree and a small stuffed Santa to sit under it. She will be surprised tomorrow. I can't wait. i even bought myself a gift. a drawing set to add to the watercolors and new camera. I am going to have an artistic winter.....if it ever gets started! Hope you all have a great day tomorrow.....good morning Miss Sunshine!! 3 1/2 more days!!
Old 11-23-2004, 09:00 AM   #477  

Default Morning All

Hello My Friends, Oh it is so good to hear from Linus this week and we do hope that you are taking better care of yourself and stay off thoses stairs! Please rest and let the family take care of you, just get well so you can get out and about and enjoy the holidays! So sorry to hear that Teel is still in the hospital that has been so long. I do hope she can come home very soon!
We are sending loving thoughts to both of you for recovery.
Shad so nice to hear how excited you are to be done with that job. I can't remember if you have said to us what is next on your agenda? Home for a while do hope to tend the garden and cat. SO nice to have you back where we get to hear from you more often.
Mel, your days sound so full and you are miles ahead of me getting ready for the holidays...I do need to go where there is some shopping to be done in order to accomplish that task..... WHat are you and Jen doing for turkey day? I am going up to Montana to be with my cousin Lynny... she is a widow at my age and this is an escepially difficult time for her because the accident was the week leading up to thanksgiving of her husband's death. So it will be good for her to have people around and I am always good for a laugh or two.
We will have her sisters and family and mine...both our mom's who are twins!
WEll, I had another busy weekend tending to my house and when I was outside blocking the vents of the house unbeknown to me I was bitten by I guess a spider and the size of my hand was getting out of control.... it has been 4 days now but I do believe this morning is the best it has been, so I am not going to have rotting flesh or any seizures it seems.... so don't be alarmed I am going to be just fine!!!!!! I put up my Christmas village and some of decorations around the house...probably just for Teeka and myself but I love to have the twinkling lights.
Happy I am so glad you have some things in order...selling the house is such a huge relief. You are going to be so very busy and please just take time to rest and relax when you can.... one day at a time. Hope your hubby is holding up too!
Where is Meadow and her lovely pics and personality she was sharing with us? We miss hearing from you and hope that all is well with you and your family. Please tell us what you ahave been doing?
Tig, wow you are really getting into the running.... that is so good.... I am a bit jealous.... I was doing so good with that but developed a foot problem ...which is better now but just haven't gotten my brain back into training. I need a big push and kick in the pants...we love to hear about your life and runs.... best of luck!
Ladies the snow has not yet arrived but the chill is here in the morning.... the other morning I was outside and could hear the sound of geese....so I made myself search the skies above..... OMG.... the only reason I could hear them because they were so very high ...the sound carried because of the numbers of them.... I was astounded...I don't think I have ever in my life seen so many geese flying in formation..... it was a thrill.....and so confirms the movement of life's instincts on this amazing planet we inhabit.
I will try to be back to tell everyone goodbye before Wed but if I don't make it Have A Happy Thanksgiving.... even if you don't live in america at this time, take a moment and be thankful for the many Blessings in your world.
Love to you All,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 03:52 PM   #478  
Happy September

Speaking of geese.....many years ago in the central part of New Jersey my husband and I witnessed a huge flock like that going across the highway we were on. Everyone stopped their cars and got out and watched! It was quite a site. I had never seen any kind of formation before so I was enthralled!

Nae~ Hope you have a great time and I am sure you'll be the life of the party and cheer her up. Seems to be a big need for that this year. i am seeing a LOT of sadness these last 2-3 weeks. I am my chipper self though! Hoping to get out on Friday and take some pics myself. jen and Rich are going to the parent's house. she is too sick to go anywhere so we will have our own bird over the weekend. I am decorating the house on Thurs and Fri instead so it works out very well for me. A weekend of turkey and dvd's!!!

We have been busy and the senior's tree is up. next week I think we will start the ornament project for them. Hopefully the gluing craft will be easy for them to do i was very tired and came up early. Left the cleaning up for someone else to do. my intestines are not their usual happy footage! Fast becoming the Loo Queen for the day. Must have been the Coke!
Have a great day tomorrow. Our weather is the pits!! Damp and cold(to me anyway) Take care
Old 11-23-2004, 04:05 PM   #479  
Radiate self!

Default I have tried to post but life keeps shutting me down...

Linus your poor body, I hope you are taking it easy. How awful that you fell down the stairs! Teel sounds like she is on her way to recovery probably good to still be in the hospital, her illness sounds like something that really could use the strong pain relief help there. I'm thinking of both of you and sending you lots of positive energy so that you both recover well soon.

Rose- I hope your Thanksgiving visit with your cousin is a peaceful and yummy one. That spider bite was probably itchy as all get out! Sneaky little nippers aren't they? You need bigger gloves that come up to your elbows for that kind of outside work, keep them off your skin.

Shad- Yippee! the end is near! No more aggrivation, no more frustration Are you feeling the tension release? It has been a long hall but you stuck it out and can move on. Be proud.

Mel- you are a busy bee! However do you do it? Organization? Not only are you getting ready for Christmas, you are doing counselling in the check out line! I'm sorry it spoiled your shopping joy but sometimes life just likes to throw you these curveballs to see how you'll swing. You shine very brightly.

Happy- are you in a packing frenzy? Are you getting rid of everything you don't absolutely love? I saw that on a decorating program. Take everything out of the room and only put back what you love. Made me think. I dearly hope you get sorted with accomodation before you get down there, you just can not live in a vehicle, unless of course you have a volkswagon van and hippy flowers painted all over it

Tig-Run on! I guess it isn't so cold in Florida. Remember to hydrate.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts on our loss of Brownie. The kids are still saying they miss her and we are looking for her in all her favorite places. I am still sick, coughing and snorking all over, this flu is very sticky, just will not let me go. I'm sorry I haven't posted more often but every time I'm on the kids/hubby need some help and I don't seem to get back. I have been reading and keeping up. Big hugs to you all.

Last edited by Meadow; 11-23-2004 at 07:58 PM.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 07:21 PM   #480  

evening all thought id better just pop in to let you all know im fine and havent had another accident dh and the kids bought me harry potter for the game cube to keep my fingers busy and me sat on my derrier and guess what ? thats right i havent got off all day
am finding this no smoking a breeze just now am getting terrified for when the pain starts and the yearning the only thing is i never seem to stop coughing??? mum was down and she had 4 fags and i didnt even mind the only thing is didnt realise how smoky the livingroom smelt after smoking well speak to you all tomorrow im away to play
SHAD yes the patient phone is fixed but shes not in that ward anymore will pm you the new number
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote