Old 09-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #76  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies …as some of you might have seen on my fb post last night – yesterday was National Chocolate Milkshake Day …haha …and dh made me a homemade one, not a huge one …just a good amount to get a good taste of it …it was SO good ….hey I had to, the holiday only comes around once a year, lol.

Dee – I have to tell you that burns me up about that person in TOPS …for her to do that is like a slap in the face to all the soldiers who have given their lives for our freedom and all the families who are affected. And I wouldn’t have stopped saying the Pledge at the meeting, I would have just made her sit there while we all do it…she needs to know it is important to other people and she is in the wrong. I understand she is strong in her beliefs but I don’t understand how you can be a US citizen and be like that.
I know you don’t know this about me but I LOVE all things blueberry…I will buy anything that is blueberry flavored or has blueberries in it…so hearing that the blueberry cobbler was ready my mouth instantly watered …

Susie – woof ( at your work schedule ) !!!!! haha …proud of you for getting your walk in even though you have been working so much ..I just would have said screw it I need to relax but not our Susie !!! Great job !!!
You are totally right, and I can’t keep cheating all weekend and expecting a loss at the end of the week, not gonna happen ….need to get my butt in gear…football season is the worst …dh and I love football and we always want tailgate junk food during the game….gonna have to start learning some healthy “junk food” options.
The picnic was very good, I over ate and hate a dessert but oh well, today is another day and I wanted to join in with everybody else. Normally I don’t and get all kinds of heat about it, so today I just did.

Hi Mel !!!

Not gonna list my foods for yesterday, it was pretty bad ……………….oh well, here they are:

Breakfast: English muffin with butter and jelly
Lunch: Work picnic – bbq pork on a bun, coleslaw, baked beans, mac n cheese, and chocolate peanut butter mousse in a shot glass, so small serving
Snack : bag of TGI Friday’s Cheddar Bacon tator skin chips
Dinner : Nachos topped with cheese, jalapenos, shredded carnita pork, pico de gallo, and sour cream …made these at home, not calorie friendly but SO freaking good
Snack – Homemade chocolate milk shake ….

Okay so that day REALLY looks bad huh? Admit it and forget it !!!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #77  

Height: 5'7"

It is so pretty out! Such a perfect "fall" day even though the calendar says it doesn't arrive until NEXT Saturday. But still perfect.

I am doing my usual Sat routine. Paying bills, catching up on 3fat chicks, catching up on email, planning the grocery list and cleaning house.

DH and I have a lot to do today because about 3:00 p.m we are headed to Cincinnait. I need to buy 3 birthday gifts and a wedding gift and then we are going make a stop at Kings Island.

It is my company's "day" at Kings Island (today and tomorrow). I don't ride many rides anymore and DH never did but it's fun to go and it's free! DH and I have decided we will split a funnel cake. I want to go in the evening when the lights are on..I just like the look of the park then. It's going to be perfect for jeans, t-shirt and a light jacket.

I had a loss at TOPS on Thursday. I lost what I had gained last week, so I was happy about that. and most exciting: we had a NO GAIN meeting!!! Sometimes TOPS chapters will "try" that for the next meeting--we have--and we never get it; this time it just happened (I think because the Leader and I have been trying to get people "centered" again and losing..because when others loose, it makes you want to loose and work harder at it--at least for me it does!). We were so excited! 5 people stayed to walk 30 min after the meeting with me. It was just a great night at TOPS!

Carri: I like the Admit it and Forget it! It's the weekend..so let's keep our healthy lifestyes in tact and it will be a much better feeling getting on those scales.

Dee: I am speechless over your TOPS member display of her beliefs. Usually those who don't want to say the Pledge of Alligence still sit quietly and respect others. She has never learned "grace" as far as I am concerned.

How did the KOPS ceremony go?
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #78  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies – hope you all had a great weekend…I know I did…like Susie said it was awesome Fall like weather …looks like it will be that way all week too and into the next weekend…and THAT I can handle, haha …Fall does officially begin this Saturday and I think the high is going to be 63 that day….wonderful…this weekend is the Earth Festival that we go to every year and I am really looking forward to it since it will be nice cool weather…just your normal fair stuff and crafts ....fair food of course but I am going to try and steer clear of that …hopefully.

Speaking of food, we had yet another horrible weekend food wise…I told him we HAVE to stop that because I am getting no where ( like I said last week )

Our good friend’s bday was Friday and we went to this place called The Black Market and I tried a few new things …we had beef tongue, marrow bones, and octopus…we got a few different things and tried them…all very good…but expensive….not a place we could go to a lot but we would like too. Very good food.

Tomorrow night is my first night with the Walking group that I joined here at work…for now they just do it every Tuesday evening…other nights I will just walk with dh, I enjoy that the most anyhow. Gives us time to talk without the tv on, haha

Susie – I would love to be at Kings Island at night with all the lights on, I bet it is so pretty and cool …that is great that they give you guys a free day/evening there. I did think my “admit it and forget it” was pretty clever …haha …would have to have said that all weekend again, haha …

I really do have to knock it off I would like to lose another 10 lbs by November and I don’t see that happening on my current path…I am not gaining, holding steady at the 40 off, but the more important thing is to start losing again …and I hope I can….the plateau just made me frustrated and I have given up some, but need to get back into the correct mind set.

Have a good Monday girls !!!

Carri
Old 09-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #79  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies ….

I have been in a bad pattern the last few days where I eat good all day until dinner and then I just eat whatever ( pizza, sweets, etc ) …so I am trying to get out of that spiral right now…stomach not feeling so good this morning, pretty nauseas, but my metformin med does that to me a lot in the mornings so I am used to it.

Have you guys been watching The Voice ? Seems pretty good so far, seems like the talent have stepped it up a notch, gonna be a good season.

Next week all the sitcoms and shows have their season premiers !!!!! Yay !!!!!!! I just love my TV starting at 8:00 ….I need to unwind and watch my fav shows at that time. There are some new shows I am looking forward to like Elementary and Vegas …

Where is everyone lately? I know Susie is probably working 24/7 ) But where is Mel and Dee ? and newbie Debbie ?

Its HUMP day !!!

I think dh is making his chili tonight so I will be eating on that for a few days and that is not bad for me the way he makes it …plus some good fiber in the beans, maybe it will clean me out, lol !!

Have a good day all !!!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #80  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies – had to be in to work earlier than normal so I am posting earlier than normal …

Dh made a big ol’ pot of chili last night , we didn’t eat it last night as he didn’t start cooking it till later so today we are having chili for dinner and probably grilled cheese I would guess …sounds so good to me with this cooler weather.

You guys having cooler weather where each of you are ?

I talked to Susie last night on fb, she is fine she is just really working a lot….she will come on and post this weekend.

Mel and Dee – Hi girls

Nothing to exciting going on here, well I do have my annual dr appt today for my womanly test, so that is of course putting me in a great mood for the day….just want to get in there and get it done and go home, and then be done with it for another year ….I have to have one every year or they won’t fill my bc pills script …and plus I need to be checked on yearly anyway …I suppose at 38 I will have to start having the mammo’s soon too …I think my doc doesn’t do it till you hit 40 though …great to be a woman huh? Lol …………..but it actually is

Food 9/19
Breakfast: 2 pcs bacon, scrambled eggs
Lunch – hot and sour soup, order of crab Rangoon
Snack – nothing
Dinner – ham sandwich and chips
Snack – KitKat

Yeah its not pretty but it is what it is.

See ya Girls
Old 09-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #81  

I made it here! Thanks Carri for holding down the fort!

What a week! Actually the past 3 weeks have been nuts but I am going to have some nice paychecks!

I think I have things in a place where I can now work only 40 hs a week again. I was so busy this week as I was coverning for another Admin and doing my work and it was decided that 7 people need to go to China in two weeks and needed to prepare their packets for their visas and get them out to the Consolute by COB today. They went to shipping last night to go out today via Fed Ex. No hoping that I did them all correctly.

I have not focused one day this week on weight loss and it showed at the scales. In fact I don't think I was alone as our chapter did not well this week. But today is a brand new day and for me a brand new "weight-loss" week so onward!

Carri: We had chili this week too! I think a lot of people did...it just seemed like the thing to have with the fall like weather.

How's your "thinking" today? Are you getting your head back in the right place? Someone told me once when I am struggle between what I know I should do but I'm not doing it that I should look for inspiration. She told me to look at before pictures of myself and to see out success stories. Also she told me about a tool that you can find online where you but your body weight and height in and then put your goal weight in and it will show you how you look now compared to how you will look when loosing the number of pounds you want to loose.

Try those things and see if they help. You need a battle plan for the weekend! It is almost here! You can do this! and so can I!
Old 09-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #82  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Girls I finally have a few minutes to chat The last 2 weeks have been non-stop for me, only online checking e-mail & paying bills.

I took our 18 month old back on Tuesday after 8 days, he is soo adorable, I can't imagine living without such Luv in our lives as our sons & grandbabes. Yesterday was our kops graduation & 1 kops 25th anniversary. I'm still our ceremony/celebration coordinator for our chapter of 31 members & even though I tried to delegate members to participate in the details, we have so many seniors over 60 yr that I could only get 5 to bring in extras. My #1 helper yesterday was a sweetie that is a 82 yr guy w heart & back problems that helped me & 4 other ladies do my table set-ups. It was beautiful w my fall flower arrangements & candles on the 8 tables. I made a red-velvet cake w ice-cream between the layers instead of frosting & my secret ice-cream frosting on the outside. We all deserve a 'splurge' on special occasions For the ceremonies I had our Leader & co-leader do our kops graduation & myself & our other 7 kops did the anniversary ceremony.
Anyways I got thank-you's from everyone on the tables, ceremony, etc. I bought a large goblet for our club gift to our new kop & had it engraved w 'kops, her name, her date she made her official kops goal' she joined tops in 1997 & never gave up, she lost 58 pds to reach her size 12 clothing & brought in the outfit she weighed in wearing. I am so happy that the ceremonies are over, I've been juggling my own jobs w preparing for both ceremonies & having my baby w me the last 2 weeks.

Right now I'm baking in 2 ovens & I have food in my 3 slow cookers for customer tailgate parties tonight. I have sewing to begin tomorrow. I am burned-out & will take a breath later tonight & read from a Max Lucado book. Weeks like this are when I'm gratefull for lazy winter days snuggled up relaxing or playing games/cards w dh watching the snowflakes fall or cuddling in bed watching tv.

Chili...yumm but which recipe to make...which cheese to sprinkle on...which bread sticks for dipping or bake bread bowls to eat...
Grilled cheese...yumm sprinkle mozzarella or provolone cheese & romaine lettuce...Hey,don't forget that white cheese has 'less fat' than the yellow.

Carri, drop by @ www.tops.org & weight watchers for some inspirations....I know you well enough that I KNow you will get back on track soon.

Girls, the only thing that keeps me from gaining weight is to eat 1 serving size, my food portions that I prep ahead of meal time & put inside containers or measure as I plate my food w dh. If I wanted to gain weight I'd eat 3 serving sizes LOL!
Maybe try menu planning your meals weekly like I do to stay our of trouble: Wednesday= our fav soup/stew; Sunday= we grill outdoors (meat, veggies, fruit) even in the winter; meatless Monday= lo-fat Mexican, etc.

Gotta go check the food now, hope you'all have a wonderful weekend!
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

OK, hopping on the ONEDERLAND EXPRESS!!! Want to get there SOOOOO bad, am so close! I did hit a small goal today- I could take my rings off for the first time in ages! So changes are happening, if not as fast as I want
nicolejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #84  
Sandee

Helllooo....Where IS everyone? Getting kinda spooky rattling around here alone the last several days

nicolejoy.... We're normally here most weekdays together posting & supporting each other through ups & downs. Sooo please come back again soon & we'll help each other to stay on track

Okay, it rained all weekend so my outdoor plans were screwed, sooo I cleaned & packed-up our summer things....I got out the choc. chips & marshmallows & made hot chocolate, & the wok & made stir-fry & lots of pot-stickers to get our fiber & protein w/o the carbs & fat. Because when the temps change my carb cravings start to zoom-up

Have a happy Low-Fat week girls & try to b active for at least 10-15 minutes each day to Keep those yucky fat pounds off our bodies 'Forever' Dee

ps: Maybe DWTS dancers breaking their butts learning routines & little costumes can give us more inspiration See how hard Kirstey A. is working @ it
Old 09-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #85  

I'm here! The weekend was so beautiful and I got into washing windows and mopping wood floors..that took a lot of my computer times.

We had a wonderful wedding reception to attend friday night and I was able to get out on the dance floor! I love to dance!

Saturday night after all the cleaning we had dinner at a friends house and she fixed a lovely meal. I was able to stay in control of my food at both occassions.

I'm not sure why but something recently in me "clicked" and it said "I'm so tired of being fat!" not overweight but fat! and hearing that in my head is what is keeping me from eating other than for fuel and to not overeat. One regular portion and that's it!

I sure hope this stays with me.

Welcome to NicoleJoy As Dee said, we are usually quite active during the week and we usually do a good job of getting here on the weekends too...I think this weekend was just to pretty outside!

Dee: You have been one busy woman! That cake so sounds so good! and the KOPS ceremony/celebration sounds so lovely!

I can't wait for DWTS tonight! and you are right about Kirstey....I"m ready to be inspired again.

Carri: How are you? I saw a FB post about White Castle and I thought about driving out there and rescuring you.

Ok..got to get some things done before DWTS. Talk to you all later.

Food for Sunday, Sept 23
B=3 pancakes with syrup, 1 scrambled egg
L=4 way with veggie chilli w/ Vanilla coke--I thought of the coke as dessert
D=grilled cheesem 7 onion rings (I counted) and coleslaw
Old 09-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #86  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, sorry I have been MIA …I am still here, just chugging along ….I haven’t done real good on my diet this week, didn’t think I would, I got birthday on the brain, I am getting taken out to two nice dinners for it and I know those won’t be low cal so it makes me not do well prior, haha …a mind thing I guess …

Dee – that is exactly my problem too, once it starts getting cooler I start wanting more carb heavy food, not sure why …maybe to warm up the body?
Everything you make sounds delicious !!! Glad the KOPS ceremony turned out well.

Susie – I actually really like White Castle on game days for some reason…but just the cheeseburgers and nothing else…I didn’t go way over cals that day, haha…I am glad it has “clicked” for you…I get those periods too and it makes it SO easy to stay OP …you are doing a great job.

Don’t worry girls, after my bday on Saturday I am right back to OP and good healthy eating….looking forward to getting back on track, but also am looking forward to enjoying my bday first

Welcome Nicole !!! Look forward to getting to know you, tell us a little bit about yourself.

Didn’t have a good start to my work day so hope it gets better as the day goes by…hope you all are having a good day.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #87  
Sandee

Yay our girls r back this week

Just a minute for a lunch-time confession I had my yearly labs & mam this morning. My Internalist MD is a hour's drive & after my 12 hr fast I was starving. I ate a drive-thru chicken sandwich & tossed 1/2 the bun to the birds. I took a bottle of ice water w me to sip on the drive home.

When I got home I was still hungry & picked up the first thing I saw on my island, a 1/2 can of my dh's 'dill pickle Pringles'. Remembering to Always toss chips in a new/clean paper lunch bag to de-salt & degrease the fried chips, I shook-off tons of salt/seasoning & then got out the lofat cottage cheese & scooped it on my Pringles while watching the noon tv-news

Okay, I back-slid by leaving a junk-food snack out in sight, such easy temptation when I didn't have a fruit/veggie setting out on the island; or anything prepped today for my lunch in the fridge So tonight I'll eat a veggie meal for supper for nutrition & my no-no lunch. I almost texted Susie for 'help as I was shaking the Pringles inside the lunch-bag for her to tell me to go to the freezer/fridge & grab some veggies. I could've easily tossed some black-beans in a bowl & top them w shredded cheese & microwave them & defrost some cornbread; or heat chili beans in a cup of tomato juice for a quick lunch. Sooo I'm going to make sure I have lunch/supper prepped Every time I leave my home so I won't backslide like this again..... I wrote that on my kitchen-marker board after I finished my 'guilty lunch'. It seems like I'm always making notes to stay on-track w my days......

Time to get back to work now. My ABC dramas start back tonight, Grays Anatomy, etc. after DWTS, so I need to b ready to snuggle up @ 8pm. Pam A. was soo terrible, nasty.... I was disappointed to see Kirstey A. was still chunky when she danced w Max because she has been pushing her new skinny diet products to the public since she was on DWTS, looks like she doesn't use it or its a flop, it also is sold on QVC. Oh well, we all backslide.... Sooo I'll keep watching, it has soo many awesome celeb's on it & I wish the best for Kirstey & her life-long struggle w losing the fat....
Old 09-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #88  

Hi! I have actually had sometime today to work and get ahead of things instead of just playing catch-up.

I am actually getting ready to leave work in 4 min..I'm out on time tonight!

I am walking with my friend tonight. It's our 5k night. I haven't gotten to train like I usually do so I told her tonight it was just distance for me and not speed.

I have one here at work on Friday--a little nervous about that as I am with my co-workers and I sure don't want to be last!

I have a 5 k on November 3rd and I will be training in October for that one. I think my work scheduled will settle down for a little bit now.

I LOVED DWTS last night. Not sure who I am cheering for yet.

Dee: You can text me anytime! Thanks for sharing this with us..it gave me some good ideas on how to handle those times when one does need to fast before a appt. I know I am always starving when they are over.

Carri: I know you will get back on track. Just want to encourge you that even while you are "off" not to undo all the hard work you have already done!

Ok..got to get out of here while the gettin's good!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #89  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls – just had some breakfast and thought I would pop in to see what’s the hap …..am I using that right? Lol …I think that was a 1950’s or 60’s thing maybe …or maybe no one ever said it, haha…who knows, I’m still tired …

Aren’t you loving the fact that all of our tv shows are back on new …awesome to have something to settle in and watch every night now…of course my dvr is doing double time…I have so much on there.

Dee – Kirstie was on Dr Oz last week and I thought the same thing you did …she has gotten noticeably bigger…and she said she is sick of hearing she has gained all her weight back when she didn’t, but I think she is awfully close to it…she is quite thick…and there is no shame in that, she is human like the rest of us and she is in her 60’s …so yeah its gonna be hard not to backslide ..she should just admit it …but she will no doubt lose a bunch again doing the DWTS show, maybe this time she can keep it off.
I had to laugh about your Pringles with cottage cheese thing, sounds like something I would do …love both of those things, haha

Susie – GOOD for you for actually getting to leave work on time and enjoy your evening. Thanks for the words of encourage, I did step on the scale at the doctor office last week and was 3lbs up, but I know that is not a true gain, and also that I can get it back off pretty easily once I start back Sunday…I know what I am doing isn’t right, by taking a week off for my birthday, but I am just doing it – not making excuses, lol

Cant wait for my birthday dinners…the inlaws are taking me to my favorite seafood place where I am getting the Alaskan king crab legs – so good …I love lobster and king crab ….do not like snow crab…doesn’t taste that good and there is really no meat in there …

Talk to you all later !!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #90  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Red face

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD I WANT A SEAT ON THIS TRAIN !
Hopefully this Friday on my weigh day. I stayed the same last week grrrr. If not I'll pull my hair out that outta be a lb or 2 ...right ?

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 09-27-2012 at 06:18 PM.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote