Old 05-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Well wanted to check in real quick-

DS is racing tonight plus we have high school graduations to go to this afternoon so thought I better stop and say HI

WOW Holly what a schedule and working alot - sending my condolences to you and your family - I know it is hard to stay strong through times like this but you are a strong person

Ok well I better get going have to leave in about 10 minutes- have a great week oh and we are leaving for Branson in 3 days whoo hoooo
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #317  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperChick355 View Post
... and we are leaving for Branson in 3 days whoo hoooo
Reda, tell us about that trip!! how many miles is that? is it you and DH or others also? sounds super exciting!!

the memorial service went very well. Early this morning I sat down and wrote a couple minutes worth of memories. And found a nice poem that wasn't religious (as my Mom wasn't) and read that. It went well It was sad when the lady sang a hymn, she had a beautiful voice.

Can I share what I wrote about my mom? it'll just take you two minutes to read

I want to remember my mother Raylene as a strong and loving mother. She was a single mother at a time when that was an unusual situation, and I know she did the best she could with the difficult task of raising 3 children on her own.

I remember the creative ways she found for us to have fun, that didn't cost much. She found bargain bicycles and ice skates at thrift shops. I remember snow sliding on round pizza pans. She had a box of dress up clothes for my sister and I, getting out the 'party dresses' was such fun. She enrolled us in winter indoor swimming lessons at a local prep school. She did what she could on a very limited budget, and on her own. I remember our homes as being nicely decorated with antique items that she found and restored.

After I became a mother myself, I started to realize the time and energy it took to be a parent, and how hard it must have been for her to be a single parent.

She was very creative and could do embroidery, needlework, picture framing, furniture refinishing, and Christmas decorations. She loved to garden and cook. We also know she was an avid reader and I feel lucky to have inhereited my love of some of her talents. And I will always remember when she learned of my recent interest and passion for motorcycling, she must have been horrified but she never said a negative word, just gave her concern and love.

We know she had her struggles; we all have them. And we know she didn't want to burden anyone with bad news, and that she chose to keep her illness to herself. We can't do anything but respect that was her wish. And to be thankful for every last minute spent with her.

She was a wonderful woman and I'm proud to be her daughter.

(poem)
What can you say
to someone who has always been one of
the most essential parts of your world;
Someone who took you by the hand
when you were little
and helped to show the way.

What do you say to somone
who stood by to help you grow,
providing love, strength, and support
so you could become the person
you are today?

What can you say to let her know
what she's the best there is,
and that you hope you've inherited
some of her wisdom and her strength?

What words would you say
if you ever got the chance?
Maybe you'd just say,
I love you Mom
and know she understands.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:21 AM   #318  

S/C/G: 270/ 261 /220

Height: 5'10"

Holly that was a real nice story/ memory of your mom. Well gals today I am at 235.0 up from my low but not for long.
LEATHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Holly that is a great poem and memories of your mom- brought tears to my eyes

Aaron it will take no time at all to be back at your all time low

OK Branson is about 550 miles for us so not really to far and yes there are only 6 of us going on the trip - these are our closest friends that we are all most confortable with being around...... There is a motorcycle rally going on in Branson so we thought we go and check it out do some riding and visit my dad while we are there

Ok well my niece is coming to town tonight for her Birthday so I am going to take her shopping for a new bathing suit

Hi to Colleen, Tymaboy and Tammy
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #320  

Hi Gals. Well today I am down to 232.6 :c arrot:yes this is a new low. I steped on to the scale 2 times the first time was 232.6 the second time was 233 both are new lows. This makes for a 40 pound weight loss from the Dr office scale. Reda your trip sounds like it will be fun.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:39 AM   #321  

Hi Gals. Well I am up a pound and a half, but not for long.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:15 AM   #322  
Biker Chick!

Hi everyone and i'll still give Aaron big congrats on his newest low, even though the scale is fooling with him today

Reda that sounds like a great trip, you must be so excited!!

We have had day after day after day of rain! our lawn is looking like a jungle, it has to be done! but it is too wet.

My DH found a way to mount that inspection plate, it looks good, now for the rain to stop so i can get the bike inspected. i am past the legal time limit for a new bike so i sure hope i'm not stopped on my way, whenever that will be.

i'm carefully typing cause i accidentally snipped the tip of my left index finger at work, with scissors!! cut through the nail and a flap. eww!! it's tightly bandaged and doesn'r hurt anymore but i think it will take a few weeks to heal.

have a great day everyone

*edit a few hours later - it stopped raining!! and i was able to mow the lawn, the whole thing. Took an hour (push mower, gas but not self propelled) and raked all the long cut grass off also (i could have baled it like hay, lol) and yanked out about half an acre of this obnoxious Japanese Boxwood stuff that blocks our view of the road.

AND got on my bike and rode to town and got it inspected
The new little shield is much better than no shield at all...still not like the big shield i'm used to though. BUt I can wear regular sunglasses again instead of goggles. But when I passed a truck and got up to 65, it felt like my half helmet was about to blow off my head, ha!
I;m wearing a short sleeved shirt now and THAT is reason enough for me to stick to my diet, ugh. i hate my upper arms!

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-19-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #323  
Biker Chick!

good evening chicks and Aaron

I was afraid to weigh myself lately. Didnt work out at all last week due to Opening at the club..and just couldn't get back to the routine this past week. Plus it 'felt' like I had been way overeating. But...I haven't gone up! still at 155. Though I want to be below that!! So I HAVE to cut way back on starchy things (bread, pasta) and concentrate on lean meat, tons of veggies, eggs, yogurt. I want to see a 4 as in, being in the 140's!!

so today I WAY limited what I ate; and did do a strength workout. I have lost muscle tone, I can tell. No likey!!

It has just been raining and raining. I was able to ride to work yesterday, and just got off lucky that I missed a major cloudburst/thunder/lighting storm. just got a little wet Rained hard today, I saw 3 bikers who must have been misled by the one little patch of blue sky, and got drenched. Felt bad for them!

Hope everyone is doing good! talk to me
Old 05-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Holly, that was beautiful...... and it is clear where you get your creative side from. You should be so proud.

Reda, hope your trip was well.

Aaron..... wow.... you are doing sooo good.

Collen, Tymaboy... how are you both?

I will get back in later..... very tired.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:34 PM   #325  
Biker Chick!

Tammy!!! great to hear from you
Old 05-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #326  

Still coming down after the big party for my son, went from 233 to 238 and today I am at 235.6.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:42 AM   #327  

Hi gals. Well today I am down to 234.0, my low was 232.6 last week. I have a ways to go to get down past my weight that I had last week. I have to much going on, I need to go for a ride.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:08 AM   #328  
Biker Chick!

good morning, Aaron i know you will knock down those few 'party pounds' real soon

I am HAPPY to say I am down another pound I waited a couple of days to see if it would 'stick' and it has. I had a BAD eating day yesterday but seeing the one pound less will make it easier to keep on the good track!

I have barely ridden at all lately because of the non-stop intermittant showers and thunderstorms.I could have ridden to work yesterday..but at 6 a.m. it was still 48 degrees...I just didn't want to freeze for 26 miles.

Husband has new Avons (we love those tires) and brake seals; and we took a quick ride to town the other evening (between thunderstorms) it was SO nice to be riding together again!!!

I ask him, 'how does it feel? how are you doing? are you okay? is it going to be okay? ' and I get typical one-word answers But it is a start!!

I have off today, and need to put away clean clothes even before i do another wash!! who else lives out of their clean laundry basket without putting it away

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-26-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #329  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Default Hi guys!

I've been crazy busy and maybe just plain crazy this last couple months! Didn't mean to put you off.

At work: The agent did "retire". No choice, with 2 days notice kind of retirement! Took her husband too. That has been a horrible strain at work. Finally things are calming down a bit. We are still very busy, but have finally caught up with the "stuff" that was started and never finished. At least now the things we have to work on, we are aware of the policies, people, terms, times...!

Home: Sold the Kawasaki 1600 Nomad and bought landscaping. Very happy with most of the end result. Not so happy about the cost estimate "mistakes". I'm not sure why THEIR MISTAKE is OUR PROBLEM! Still grumbling on that!

Health: So tired! Been doctoring, and insistant that we need to do some changes. Not necessarily a good idea to decide to stop antidepressants in the middle of a crisis! I wouldn't do it again...If I wasn't crying, I want to KILL someone! What a mess. Off Citalipram, and now on Wellbrutrin. Not sure it's doing what it's supposed to. I think I am a joy all of the time!!

Weight is not much better. Got stupidly out of control for a bit. Getting some better. DH is so very kind to remind me that my belly is in his way/pushing him forward on the seat when we are on the cycle! I reminded him that his belly is not so little anymore either! Maybe it's just him hanging over the tank!! Aaron, you are doing awesome! Good job!

Fun: Going on vacation this weekend for a week. Heading out with 2 other couples by cycle to Arkansas. Several day trips planned to Hot Springs, diamond mining, and touring curvy scenic roads. I would like to stop at Branson, MO too, but 1 of 6 says there is too much comercialization. Might be, but I still would lke to go. We'll see what happens. If they get to be too unagreeable, we can venture off on our own on the way back maybe. Reda, did you enjoy your trip there?

You guys: Sounds like you are all doing great, but having the same weather problems as we are! Hard to ride when it's so cold and/or rainy! Today looks beautiful at 60 degrees and sunshine! (of course--locked up inside an office!)
Holly, it's great to that you and DH are back riding together. Hope that all smooths out, and DH does good.
Tammy, you must stay really busy with work and DS races! I do enjoy your Facebook posts.

Advertisement: I have a really nice, like new (worn just a couple times), size small ladies leather cycle jacket with liner and chaps. Harley Davidson, FXRG jacket new is $650, and the chaps are $250! I won't be wearing these in MY lifetime! They would fit someone that is like a size 6. (not 26!) Too little for my friends around home. Thought I would let you gals know before I try to sell them on line. I'd like $200. VERY HEAVY coat! Like the link but with a collar. Chaps are not emboidered. They are pressed leather graphic Harley Davidson down the leg.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US
http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US
We acquired these from when we got our HD bike from DH's boss. His wife was making him sell because she was afraid to ride...thus like new riding gear!

Sorry for being absent so long. Still think of you all often! Take care!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Sorry I have been gone a while. Having a few family issues here. Between DS & his GF. She had her baby (which is not DS) a week later he had his 18th BDay. Saw a few texts on her phone. Apparently things may not be completely over between her & ex. She got him to go over a few times to talk. She showed him her phone telling him that its not what he thought. We had to remind him that she could have deleted certain texts off of her phone before showing him.

DS is in the process of filling out all the paper work for the Marines. He went to go do his ASVAP test & the physical. He froze on the ASVAP. He needed 31 to pass & he got a 30. When he did the practice test he did good. The recruiter told him with that score he could choose more then half the jobs. He was very disappointed. I went out & bought him 2 ASVAP study books so the next time he takes the test he will be more prepared (I hope).

I'm not sure what is up with ds. I know what he tells me but at same time I look at his FB page & what he posts on others pages. Sometimes it looks like it is not what he has told me but other times it does. I just have to remind myself that it's his life & he needs to learn by experience. That what I am stressing about is what all our parents have worried about at some point in our lives, it's part of him growing up & us parents learning to let go.

Still trying to adjust to my new work schedule that we all need to get used to I am having issues with DH. My new schedule will either help our marriage or end it. The sad thing is the way I have been going back & forth on what I want to do I dont think I would be completely heart broken if it ends.

I just don't know what I should do. Since I have come to my crossroad dh has been good. It's like he knows that I have reached this point. I have acquired about a couple places but the pets are an issue.

DH & I did sit down & talk one night. It was an eye opener cuz we actually talked & didnt have all the BS that usualy goes with it. We did not yell, play the blame game or anything like that. I didnt even cry like I normally do. I think that is what got him the most is I didnt cry & I told him that I was looking at places. He wants to work it out & doesnt want me to leave but I just dont know. We have been here before (except me looking to leave) I can not help but think that in a few months it will be back to the way had been before. When do you decided enough is enough?

DH did have a good point that when I start nites it will be like we are living supportly. Then I could still save money get some of our bills paid down faster then if I was paying rent & utilities too. But Im also worried about the fact that I will be awake at nites when he is trying to sleep & vice versa.

Stress does wonders for me as I usually do not gain. Last I looked I was still holding at 135. My size 6s are not tight & seem to be getting a little looser.

I will be going to pick my bike up at the shop tonite. I got new tires on it. I also asked the guy to look over it since I have not had anyone really look at it since buying it last year. Sounds like I may have some sort of a small leak. He also wants to tear the carbs a part & clean them out, he thinks the carbs maybe 1 of the reasons why it is running high. He’s also ordering a chain for me since the one I have is pretty worn. Theres a little more then 4000 miles on the bike so Im not sure how long anything is to last on it. Im sure sitting for 3 yrs & not being ran has to something to do with the carbs & other stuff but thought the tires would have lasted more then 4000 miles.

Well I think I have gone on way too long from the looks of it!
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote