Old 10-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #466  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hey Reda wow a week did go by too fast!! Glad you had a nice but somewhat chilly ride but as you said, we gotta take them when we can this time of year. Kewl sounding costume you're working on, let us know how its going.

I have a week off before starting the yuck job, lol. As I said last year, at least with the yuck job I can workout every morning, no excuses. Just have to watch what I eat!!

Very shocked and sad to learn that on Wed nite, a friend of our younger son committed suicide. I can't image what his parents are going through. NIce kid, he had been to our house a few times..memorial service at the local high school where they graduated and I will try to attend. I say try because i'm sure it will be swamped with people but if it helps the parents to see an outpouring of support then i want to, bless them.

so I'm trying not to think of that too much because it's a beautiful sunny day (but cool, 44 degrees) and I need to attack a to-do list for this week! I'll let you knw how it goes.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #467  
Biker Chick!

good morning! well I did accomplish a couple things that were on my to-do list yesterday. I kept working inside even though the sun came out and warmed things up to 57! I kept to the task...then the sun went away but I still got out on the bike for errands. I even brought home a long stemmed red rose for the boy's memorial service without wrecking it, i tucked it into my jacket and protected the end of it with my left hand .

the service was attended by somewhere between 300 and 400 people, i hope the parents were comforted somewhat by that. SO very sad. And I have to admit that while the tears were dripping all the way down my neck hearing about the young man, I was also so glad that my son was there, safe...that is so selfish but true.

Still looking for a good used car. I had hoped to have this done by the end of this month, when my inspection runs out, and just knowing that my car has alot of major 'wrongs' .

Have to get moving soon to start my to-do's for today.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #468  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning- that is just awful- glad you were able to make it and save the rose- suicide just awful and leaves so many questions unanswered and I think that would be the worse because I know I would be asking myself everyday why?

A week off don't get one of those till January but boy am I ready fat or not!
A friend posted some Cancun picutes from Jan 2007 on facebook and for only be 25 LBS lighter I looked skinny- so I guess that is hopefully my motivation to start losing now before my next trip in Jan-

Well my sister turns 40 on Saturday and is going to be out of town so I am throwing surprise party tonight for her so I suppose I should get going and get my crap done-

Oh we are having cold spell but it is going to warm up to 60's this weekend
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #469  
Biker Chick!

Reda, that's so nice that you're throwing a surprise party for your sister
I hope your cold spell ends like right away and you have some more riding weather

I had to clean out my kitchen cabinets to make room for some of my mom's stuff...2 boxes worth out, and then her two boxes in (baking pans and such)

Then I packed some boxes of books to go to the re-use center (we have hundreds of books, I just have to start weeding things out); then I started cleaning DH's side of bedroom (a complete disgusting disaster area) and I took the piles of books from his side of the room, back to the spaces in the bookshelves I had just cleared

THEN i took BAGS of clothes (his stuff, years and years old and sizes too small) to the re-use center; stopped by my work, and my boss' wife talked me into taking some of her cast-off clothes WTF is going on

But this is great, taking stuff to the re-use center is amazingly cheap! I had three BIG plastic bags full (like tall kitchen garbage bags) of clothes; two boxes of books; a box of kitchen stuff (and these boxes are empty beer case boxes) a photo scanner, a chafing dish, and a keyboard. My car was full! Guess how much for all that??? Fifty cents!!! yes .50 what a deal!!

I have been working out every morning for at least 40 minutes this week, but I can't keep my mouth empty when I should!! I keep going back to read entries in April, when somehow I was able to restrain myself.

Tomorrow...reorganize the linen closet!!! and maybe maybe get a ride in, between the showers.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:38 PM   #470  

Well got a phone call today that my son was offered to go race in Vegas in November so he told them the would think about and let them know tomorrow- Of course I will have to go because otherwise I would just be a nervous wreck not being there just in case something would happen- plane tickets are $450 each round trip but we are talking about taking a motorhome since there will be 10 of us going- at least we can get room for $25 thurs and $50 for Fri and sat no lodging isn't really gonna cost much at all-

Well tomorrow now we are warming up to 60 but cloudy which means it will feel like 40

Wow that was alot of stuff you took to the re use center and only .50
We have places that we can take stuff to one is drop off only and it doesn't cost anything to drop it off nor do you get anything back when it sell - then we have a consignment store "New 2 you" they sell it for you then if it doesn't sell in 90 days it goes to goodwill but if it does sell you get 40% of what it sells for-

The party went great - got my camera out and the batteries were dead that sucked so I only got 1 picture and that was of the cake - she was surprised had no glue that we were all there she thought she was just going out for supper with her DH and daughter like any other night So I pulled it off- yipppeee

Well off to bed so I will check back in tomorrow- have a great Friday
Old 10-21-2011, 07:09 AM   #471  

S/C/G: 270/ 261 /220

Height: 5'10"

Hi Gals. I have 1 month left till I am done for the season. I have went for a ride every weekend for the last 4-5 weeks. I will try to go a few more times before it snows. We have had highs of 50 or less all week and it will be close to 60 this weekend so I will have to go for a ride. Reda have fun in Vegas. Holly I hope you get to go for a ride, winter is coming soon.
LEATHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #472  

Good Evening

Aaron that is great that you have gotten to ride every weekend- we are hopefully riding tomorrow again suppose to get to 65

Vegas hasn't been decided yet - DS is teetering he wants to go then he says no but he'll have to decide soon

Well I suppose supper is almost done = Ribeye steak and buttercup squash
Old 10-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #473  
Biker Chick!

Aaron it is great to hear from you! and that you have bee riding so much. I haven't been on my bike since a brief ride on Monday, but before that I pretty much rode to work almost every day but we've had crummy overcast, low 50's, wet weather for days now. Oh well I will get to ride many more times before December I know

Reda, congrats to your DS for that offer! I hope you can go and that it won't cost much for flying.

I got up on the roof today to help DS and DH, it wasnt' too far up but I was the lightest of the three of us, lol so it was my job. The stupid rain kept interfering but we made some progress.

MAYBE the weather will cooperate tomorrow and we can get the bikes out.

HI to Colleen, Dawn, Tammy!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #474  

Good Morning - just wanted to drop in and say HI

Going on a ride today so I have to go out and wash bike since a cat got in the garage with muddy feet and jumped up on my bike - grrrrrr stupid cats anyways - sorry for you pet lovers but that just ticks me off

Holly hope you get to go for a ride today as well- we are not sunny yet but suppose to get that way and reach 65
Old 10-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #475  
marlene

S/C/G: 228//218.0/175

Height: 5'3"

i have a honda crb929rr and cant wait too look the hottest i ever have!! i am 10 pounds down.l
mpaynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #476  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Good evening everyone. Its been a while since I have been able to get on & give you all an update. Riding wise I have not had a chance. My friends bike is leaking gas & I dont like to ride alone. Not sure when the last time I posted was but about a month ago I did ride to Janesville with DH following me in the truck. I think it was to take the camper back to his parents house & the weather was wonderful.

I am now back on days. This is my 2nd week. I liked nites better cuz there is less drama & politcs at nite. But then who knows it could be better if I didnt have this 1 guy on my team that is making it difficult for me. I am now a dispatcher. This guy & I started the same day so I am unsure if it has to do with the fact that I am now dospatcher & give him work or the fact that I am a woman & he needs to listen to me. Either way its not very fun. The one day the team focal had to step in & make him do something that he was giving me a hard time on. If it doesnt clear up soon HR will end up in the matter & that was all before week 1 was over with. Plus I am also training someone to be a dispatcher all while I am getting used to it myself. I like beng a dispatcher but its a bit stressfull at the moment.

I had a check up at the Dr. I am doing very well & dont need to go back for 6 months when we will check my blood levels again. I hoped on the scale yesterday after I ate dinner & it said I am at 128! 128 is what I was at when I found out I was pregnant with DS more then 18 yrs ago. I never thought I would see it again. Its awsume! I hope I can stay put & not gain any cuz my Mexico trip is in about 2 - 3 weeks.

i better go I am at work. Talk to all later.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:17 AM   #477  
Biker Chick!

hi marlene and welcome! :welcome

good to hear from you Dawn, sorry about the co-worker, but you are obviously a smarter person than him and oh my gosh you hardly weigh anything now!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #478  
Biker Chick!

Just a quick Hi. I've worked out every day for over a week now, woohoo, but I don't have hardly any willpower to not eat when Im not supposed to. Same ol' same ol'

40 degrees here and overcast. I guess I could 'man up' and take a ride

I have today and tomorrow off, then my first full 5 days in a row at the other job. I can feel the same patterns coming. I get hungry there around 1 pm and if I don't get to eat my packed lunch right away, I get angry and resentful, which leads to me grabbing something easy to eat between customers, which would be a cookie. Because trying to eat a sandwich between customers is messy. If I try to eat my breakfast and lunch together before work, I would have to eat at 10:00 am, which is way too early. It's discouraging.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:19 PM   #479  

Well just checking in to say HI

Oh shoot Holly already at your winter job full time - man that does mean summer is over --- We we leave tomorrow for Deadwood got my costume all done ande also got DH's costume done as well

Well have a great weekend all

Holly ya I hear about same ol same ol I keep doing the same

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 10-27-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #480  
Biker Chick!

woohoo to Reda, Halloween in Deadwood! Have a great time!!!!