Old 03-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 270/ 261 /220

Height: 5'10"

My cpap machine did not help my energy at all. I am sure your are sleeping better. I have my 1 year checkup tomorrow at my sleep Dr.
LEATHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello all

well making this really quick as I am headed off to a Zumba class at 730

but let me say Holly I hope your mom is doing OK and please keep us up to date

keep rocking the weightloss
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #213  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning friends

Colleen, you made me and many times during your post but seriously we all hope your family does not have any more sad surprises!! and best wishes with the diagnosis of your wrist. A part of the body that we use all the time! And I guess I had also heard of people getting more energy after the use of their machine but maybe you will just take a little while longer.

hm, Glacier Park in early May..I also think that might be freezing!!

Hi Reda (Zumba-ing, kewl!) Aaron and Dawn! and Tammy!

I visited my mom yesterday. The fluid sample they tested was clean. Yesterday they took a tissue sample of one of the masses and we have to wait for those results. Besides her health of course, we have to worry about my brother , who lives with her (disabled, receives SSI) and he can't live on his own. For right now my uncle (my mom's only sibling) and his wife are staying with my brother at my mom's house (the house actually is owned by my uncle) but they can't stay there forever. Life problems

Well I'm still trying to look ahead and look forward to riding season. Haven't quite got there yet, and getting a foot of snow tomorrow won't help but winter's got to end!! (or maybe not...there was one year 1816 "year without a summer" but that was due to a huge volcanic explosion months before) Boy am I pessimistic
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:10 AM   #214  

Hi Gals. Holly did you forget that the end of the world is coming in 2012, things might be bad this year but next year is the end. LOL We need to stay positive, things will get better. In june when you are on your new to you bike and the wind is in your face and the sun is out life will be good, I promise. Reda how do you like zumba, my wife and I have the dvd's and my wife loves them, I would rather walk when it is not to cold out. Well today I am down to 247.4 lbs new low.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #215  

Hi to all you hot biker chicks. I hope today is more up beat for all of you, I need it to we have fresh snow today might get several inches. I am going to go to a bike show today and look at some cool bikes and I am looking for a heavy bandana I don't know if I want leather or cloth, I need it for cold weather and june bugs(ouch). Well today I am down to 247.2 only one carrot for today, not worth 2. I did not get down to 245 by the 1 of april, like I wanted to but I did lose 17 lbs in 7 weeks. I should go back to work in a few weeks and hope to be down to 240. That would be a good 30 lbsof weight lose for winter. I tried on my leather pants and I think I will need suspenders.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Default Happy Birthday to Me!

For my birthday today, I'm going to give myself some kicks in the butt to help motivate me to find my wagon again! I've been off for far too long.

The doctor scale was a real scare for me yesterday. Never have been this big before. I was a mess explaining to the doc that I wanted to try getting off the Citalipram for depression (not very convincing as I was crying). He was agreeable though. He wasn't interested in giving me the meds I suggested to give me more energy. Not interested in doing a FSH test to see where I am in the whole menopause deal--told me it wouldn't matter--that there would be no change in treatment anyway. I did manage to con him into letting me have a LOW (15mg) dose of Phentermine for a month. Told him that I could get a perscription from him, and go with medical advice, or I could order some "stuff" off the internet and take my chances. I guess he must have see my stubborn side!

After going to the appointments, I took ther rest of the afternoon off. I was pretty worried this morning to go to work on April Fool's Day, after leaving my desk unattended for so long! To my surprise, nothing changed! Yet anyway. I haven't "gotten" anyone YET either. Still thinking...

DH got the clear to go ahead and drive truck as he is able tolerate. This week he put in quite a few miles. Says he is doing better, and has used some techniques to relax when he's all stressed out.

The gobble-de-gook going on at work, still is going. Hope to have some answers next week as to what will be happening. Boss seems to be in some HOT water!

Aaron, I suppose if the end of the world is coming we should all lose our extra weight so we look good when we meet our maker huh? My first thought was why go through all the efforts?! Bad attitude right?!

Hope you all have a good day, and don't get fooled too bad by all the pranksters on this fine day!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #217  
Biker Chick!

oh Colleen, a sincere but belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2times2much View Post
I did manage to con him into letting me have a LOW (15mg) dose of Phentermine for a month.
what is Phentermine?

and I sure hope you find your groove and I hope I'm there with you, I still have no motivation to even try to stay away from 1 or even 2 big cookies at work daily, plus a big dinner, plus a bowl of cereal later.

Yay to Aaron for needing suspenders for his leather pants

oh I bought a leather bandanna late last year, but never had a chance to wear it. They seem like a great thing though to block wind from neck.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #218  

Hi Gals. Colleen Happy Birthday a day late. Bike show was ok but not as good as it was a few years ago. I did see a leather bandana but there was someone in the way so I did not get to take a look at it. Well we had little cearars pizza last night and I had 2 pieces so today I weigh 247.2 again same as yesterday. I will see what happens tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Hello - well just got home and now I see I also missed Colleens BDay so
again sorry it is late........

Ok i have been staying on track with the Gym daily and started lifting weights Saturday morning before leaving for the night- I will weigh in on Tuesday this week which reminds me when I weighed in Thursday it was only a pound lost but I was expecting a gain since we were gone the whole weekend before and eating out - so a pound lost I will take hopefully Tuesday will be at least a pound or two

I am liking the plan as you have to eat 4 meals a day - of which includes protein, starch, vegetables and fruit and also it does not cut out all salad dressings or butter..... It is a very doable plan to live out once weight goals are melt

Ok enough about all that - Aaron you will have a weigh loss tomorrow the pizza just stunned it for a day

Holly you will get back in the groove as soon as it gets nice out and you are out of the winter job........

Ok off the computer I better get - have a great week
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #220  
Biker Chick!

good morning, I heard Reda had WARM weather even though she was not able to ride in it, sure hope that the warm weather continues for you!!

Aaron I am sure 2 pieces of pizza will not put you too far off, you've done so well

I have NOT done well still I haven't had an OP day in weeks. Yes I am holding onto getting into my groove when I have some time off!! (10 days until I'm done with winter job, then I have a good 2 1/2 weeks off)

even though I usually devote my upcoming time off to doing outdoor winter cleanup, we still have FEET of snow in the yard. It will take a miracle warm trend or maybe a week of rain to get rid off this snow, and the ground might be too wet for me to rake but I can do alot of stuff IN the house (throwing-out time again)

Our motorcycling friends who live near us, got out on his bike yesterday and did about 150 miles..I'm glad for them

Don't know if I mentioned it here but my mom is in the hospital, it's been over a week now. She lost her appetite months ago, then would get bad heartburn and diarrhea if she tried to eat anything, so she kinda starved herself and is so ... very ... thin ... dangerously so, I can't judge pounds but she looks like a concentration camp victim. They have done tests and have found 'markers in her blood that indicate cancer' but haven't heard anything further than that. They give her bag after bag of saline and 'food goo' intraveneously but apparently her body is kinda refusing the nutrients? or just not accepting them as easily as should be, because of her long starvation mode. My uncle is here from Maine and that helps alot...he is staying with my disabled brother who lives with my mom...lots of issues there, don't know what will happen to him (brother) if the worst occurs.

OK I need to focus on good things..like my knees don't hurt right now so I will do some exercise and then get ready for work.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #221  

Hi Gals. Well I went for another ride this weekend and froze, it was 40 deg. out,I rode for about 50 miles, the leather pants were better then the chaps I wore last time. Today I am down to 247.0 down .2 lbs . My wife keeps telling me my tummy looks smaller. My wife has lost 17 lbs in the last 2 months. We still have snow, the roads are clear but riding with snow on the ground is like riding in an ice box. I want spring!!!!!!

Last edited by LEATHERMAN; 04-04-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #222  

Default Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Day 2 at work on the newly found "diet wagon"! The weekend went well. DH is supportive, but has such brainy ideas...like I should get up EARLY and exercise! That is NOT like me! I might stay up LATE! Mornings are not my favorites. He's up at 4:00 even if he has no reason to be up. I could sleep until noon given the chance! BUt, he's falling asleep on the couch right after supper. I'm up, and at it until at least 10 or later. It sounds just as crazy to him when I want to start a project at 3 in the afternoon. He's ready for an afternoon siesta by then!

Phentermine is a perscription appetite suppresent. Like legal speed the doc says. I've never had speed, and I don't think that the low dose that I have could be anything close! The 37.5 mg tablets I had tried for a short time before. They were wonderful! I for the first time in my life felt "normal" with some energy! They did give me the jitters though. I didn't stay on longer than a couple of weeks. Doc warned me that it's not the solution. Even exercise isn't the whole trick. Not unless I am walking AWAY from the refigerator he said!

I'm back on the eliptical. It's been so long. I have to start all over. Few minutes at a time. I think I will keep it with the date. Like 4 minutes today, 5 tomorrow. So by the end of the month I'll be up to 1/2 hour. I'm really good at PLANNING! It's the follow-through that I really suck at!!

Holly, sorry to hear about your mom's battle, and health issues. Hard on the whole family. Bet your brother is really out of sorts with her in the hospital. Hang in there!

Have you guys tried the drink mix Mio from Kraft? I love it! I hate drinking plain water. This is just perfect! I can flaver water up without a big mess. No stirring. It's good too. Several different flavers. I wish it was clear so I could take it with me to restaurants without it looking like I'm being cheap! I would gladly buy it from restaurants, but they mostly have just lemonade (with sugar) or tea. Saving a little money wouldn't hurt either though!

Birthday was pretty low key this year. I worked, made Hamburger Helper for supper, watched TV and went to bed! That's what happens in the 40's huh!? Oh, boy!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:34 AM   #223  

Hi Gals. Well today I am still at 247.0 ,I have been at 247 for a few days.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #224  

Default Follow through

That follow through I was talking about sure is hard to come by! I already skipped yesterdays elliptical time! Today...right now. I'll go!

Hope everyone is having a good week so far.

Aaron--No gain is still good--even if there is no loss! I'm about to where I was last time I got on this wagon. The first few pounds were easy.

DH is trying to outdo me on weight loss. He's not saying so...but I SEE what he's doing. Last night he ate 1 pork chop and a dab of mashed potatoes! That's not like him! I do love a challenge! Hehe! Might be just what I need.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #225  

Hi Gals. Colleen I was thinking about your cpac, have they turned up the air pressure, that might help you get a better nights sleep. Well today I am down to 246.4 lbs. This is a new low.