Old 08-16-2010, 01:45 AM   #121  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

2 men I have absolutely NO USE FOR - Howard Stern and Steve Dahl. Ugh ugh ugh.

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-16-2010 at 01:46 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:51 AM   #122  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad View Post
While I was away, the project team moved. Did they think I wouldn't find them again or something? No such luck guys.
Anyway, I now have a nice view of the river and the city skyline. I'd take a picture but the pidgeons have pooped down the windows and I guess the window cleaner is on strike. So you will just have to take my work for it. The view is soothing and nice, if somewhat warm. Some idiot must have turned up the heat on this floor because it is like summer in here.
Perhaps it's because I'm really overtired but I just found that hysterical The part about them up and moving so you wouldn't find them again

Ok, I'm going to bed.

Sorry about the a/c Ceejay - you may be right.

And DH was about to take the advice and shut off the pool pump but I begged him to call the agent instead. He did, she was very apologetic - said pool man is supposed to come out tomorrow. We'll see. We also got a call from the neighbor. As Gomer Pyle would say "Surprise, surprise, surprise". The agent by the way said 3 people have complained about the noise.

Anyway, I am off to bed. The alarm will be ringing soon. 'night all.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:32 AM   #123  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING...MONDAY ALREADY???
I FELT LIKE THE WEEKEND NEVER GOT HERE. GONNA BE A RAINY-ISH DAY. GOOD FOR NAPS.
I SOLD ALMOST $60 WORTH OF TOKENS @ $1....TOO MANY PEOPLE! ONLY "JOB" TODAY IS TO TURN IN THE CASH AND MAKE REPORTS ON ALL THE FALSE ALARMS ETC AND THEN GET MY BUTT BACK UP HERE. MAYBE I'LL PRETEND IT'S SUNDAY AGAIN!
HAVE A GREAT DAY!

SHAD.....TELL THEM THEY CAN RUN BUT THEY CANNOT HIDE!!! I HAD A LAUGH THAT THEY MOVED THEIR OFFICE. GLAD YOU HAVE A ROOM WITH A VIEW...WASN'T THAT A MOVIE??? HAVE A GREAT WEEK.

CEEJAY...HOPE THAT A/C HOLDS OUT TILL SUMMERS END. IS THIS THE SAME ONE MADE THE NOISE LAST WEEK OR SO?? GET THAT LANDLORD MOVING

LAURA...LIKE YOUR BOOK CLUB...THE OFFICE TALKS ABOUT SIGNIFICANT OTHERS. IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT BUT I REALLY HATE THAT ON MONDAY MORNINGS AND HOLIDAYS! MAYBE THERE IS A BOOK CLUB AT YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY. THE PUPPY WITH YOUR BIG DOGGY MUST HAVE BEEN A HOOT.

HAPPY...I LAUGHED AT SHADDIE'S POST TOO. CRACKED ME UP THAT THEY UP AND LEFT. HOPE THE AGENT IS RIGHT AND THAT THE POOL MAN COMETH!!! WAIT...ISN'T THAT ANOTHER MOVIE???
SLEEP WELL!!

TO ANNIE & MICHELLE

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-16-2010 at 07:35 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #124  
Happy September

Oh! Ohhhh yeeeh
I used to think maybe you loved me now baby I'm sure
And I just cant wait till the day when you knock on my door
Now everytime I go for the mailbox , gotta hold myself down
Cos I just wait till you write me your coming around

I'm walking on sunshine , wooah
I'm walking on sunshine, woooah
and don't it feel good!!

Hey , alright now
and dont it feel good!!
hey yeh

I used to think maybe you loved me, now I know that its true
and I don't want to spend all my life , just in waiting for you
now I don't want u back for the weekend
not back for a day , no no no
I said baby I just want you back and I want you to stay

woah yeh!
I'm walking on sunshine , wooah
and don't it feel good!!

Hey , alright now
and don't it feel good!!
hey yeh ,oh yeh
and don't it feel good!!

walking on sunshine
walking on sunshine

I feel the love,I feel the love, I feel the love that's really real
I feel the love, I feel the love, I feel the love that's really real

I'm on sunshine baby oh
I'm on sunshine baby oh

I'm walking on sunshine wooah

and don't it feel good!!
I'll say it again now
and don't it feel good!!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:32 AM   #125  
Choose your hard

Is there any better song to drop kick you out of bed and get you moving than Walking on Sunshine? Great treadmill song too. I also like Good Morning Starshine from Hair. Just in case you're taking notes Mel

Happy Monday. Already. Can yah believe it? Where did the weekend go? Our hundred degree temps are supposed to break this week. We might even see upper 80's one day - everyone will be out enjoying the refreshing breezes.

Mel - that's quite alot of tokens to sell. Better the smell of fresh laundry than old people's pee. Ugh we need a smilie holding it's nose I hope you get a nap in today - take some time for me too, will you? Please and thanks. Wishing you a short and quiet day at the office.

Laura - has your book club got "The Help" on it's list? The optician was telling me about it and I ordered it from Amazon as it is really backlisted here at the library. Guess it's the on fire book of the summer. Sounds like quite a spread you had. We used to have too much food too so we finally agreed that just the hostess would provide soft drinks/tea and a light snack like cheese and grapes. It worked better that way we all thought. That's how I learned about Laughing Cow Cheese. I had to laugh at your remark about too much chit chat / not alot of book discussion. When our leader moved we had fewer people who actually read the book and there was alot of Mom discussion too. I was about to leave when it finally fizzled out. I would think you could find a group through the library or something.

Shad - welcome back home. Hope all creatures behave - furry and otherwise. Sounds like the office is nice - minus the bird poop of course.

Michelle - it sounds from FB that you didn't get near the funnin' in that you planned and here we are at the work week again. Such is the circle of life - or is that the 9 circles of ****????

So what kind of work did you do on your day off Annie?

Hi to Ceejay - call the a/c guy today.

I gotta get flying myself - have a good one.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #126  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Loved the song Mellie...what a great way to start out a Monday morning. Yes, I am walking on sunshine...I will be positive, I will have no negative thoughts to crowd my tortured mind. THank you for starting us off right.

Shaddie....THat is a hilarious story about them moving and not telling you where they went...don't they know nothing gets past our Shad? Kind of reminds me of the story where the husband goes out to buy cigarettes and doesn't come back and never heard of agian. LOL....

Laura....Sounds like the book club is no longer a book club, but a bring your information for discussion about any topic, we shall chat about it....

Happy...my day off Saturday...geez I have to think about it. I ran the vacuum, unloaded the dishwasher, laundry, cut grass Friday night. Baby boy FINALLY showed up abotu 7:30 pm with his GF, which by the way is very cute and has a cute personality, talkative and funny. Just worry about baby boy's heart, not sure of her quite yet. BBoy took us to dinner at Red Lobster, by the time we got back from there it was 10:30 and we all crashed.

Chelle....How are you feeling, my fine friend? The back, is it this week you get the opionion and 2nd opinion, Wednesday? or did I miss that last week? Sorry I have been in a major fog lately. How is hubby?

Ceejay...tell the landlord you want a new AC before you expire from heat exhaustion in that house.

Yesterday was one busy day. BB his GF and I were up and at dad's by 8:45 am. Took him to breakfast at Papa's Pancake House. It is a little whole in the wall joint but the best freakin pancakes in the world. I am not kidding. If any of you make it to Indy, beside calling me, you or we shall have to visit Papa's. It is the flour they make it with, they add some kind of other special flour type ingredient, the very best. Dropped dad back at home about 10:00 am, drove home, puked cause the syrup was a little rich for my belly, then was at work at CVS by 11:00 am. Had a major panic attack at CVS, one of the worst ones I have experienced in a very long time. Worked till 7pm, came home and baby boy stopped back by before heading back home. How nice and what a surprise.

My car is supposed to be done today. The repair place says they have not yet received the supplement check from the other insurance and therefore will not release my car until they do. I got on the horn Friday and supposedly the inusrance overnighted another check to them. We will see.

Gotta get busy, hello to all, have a marvelous Monday.

Love and Hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #127  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Hope you all had a great weekend. Monday got here WAY too quickly for me. Didn't do much this weekend...a little website work, grocery shopping, cooking make-ahead meals, and lots of relaxing. My back is feeling a bit better. I almost wish I hadn't scheduled the two doc appts for Wednesday...but it will be nice to get a second opinion. Also, I haven't really DONE anything...so I'll see how my back holds up today at work and with walking on my lunch hour. I want to get opinions from the doctors as to the next steps in treatment, what's causing the numbness/tingling and how much exercising I can do. I know that losing weight and tightening my core will put less pressure on my back...just wish I could snap my fingers and get there.

The weather here is just perfect finally...the humidity is gone, and temps in the low to mid 80s, and cooling down to 60 or so at night. Perfect sleeping weather! It was wonderful to turn off the A/C, open the windows and enjoy the fresh air.

We didn't get any fishing in this weekend....too hot/humid on Saturday and too windy on Sunday. We'll go next weekend, or after work this week.

I'm tired of feeling limited in what I can do. I've got a b'day coming up next month...and even though I don't feel like I'm getting older (except for my back), I'm conscious of my chronological age going up. Of course, it didn't help that in the Twilight movies which I watched again this weekend, the main character Bella worries about getting older than her eternally 17 year old vampire boyfriend. Probably also because I'm feeling stuck...not moving forward. Where I'm stuck at isn't bad and I'm not unhappy or anything...but like, in terms of career....I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. And in terms of finances, the progress we're making is very, very slow. See what happens when I'm not busy enough on the weekend? I get way too introspective! Enough grumbling. I'm very grateful for all that I have! My life is really, really good.

DH got most of the truck stuff fixed. He still has to change the gear oil in the tranny...but at least he was able to replace the $20 part that caused the truck to pop out of gear. He's so handy to have around...plus he's cute! I think I'll keep him!

Laura - Everything in my yard needs weeding. I was putting the dogs out at around 1:30 am, and noticed all these tall weeds around the base of a tree. I hadn't noticed them in the afternoon...but by the look/height of them, they've been there awhile. I wonder if I should just wait until the first frost kills all the weeds. Like you, we have great neighbors all around. But I'm sure they wish we wouldn't let our lawn get as long as it does, etc. As for your BP, 138 over 86 is a little high...but not horrible, and it probably is from the sodium/processed foods. Also, when you're in pain, that increases your BP. I love the grape jelly/chili sauce meatballs! The first time I heard the recipe...I was like "grape jelly on meatballs"?? But they ARE delish! Sounds like all the other food and drink was super yummy too! They had an interesting article in our Sunday paper's travel section about touring the Chicago neighborhoods (as opposed to doing the touristy places - Navy Pier, Michigan Ave, Millenium Park). Definitely something DH and I will try out one of these times down there. I got a chuckle out of the Steve Dahl podcast! Since I lived in CA at the time, I don't know much about him...but we did hear about the Disco Demolition out there. Bummer that your book club is more interested in chatting about kids than discussing the books. Your neighbor's daughter's puppy sounds adorable. Glad it got along okay with your doggie.

Mel - You were keeping my hours over the weekend. I'm up at 4:30/4:45 during the week. Of course, on the weekends, I try and sleep in until 7. Sorry that you had a lot of people knocking on your door to get laundry tokens, but I guess it's better than the smell of urine and other bodily odors. That sucks that Richie's take home pay was so little! That's insane. Glad to hear you still like your jammies and are getting compliments on them. Hope you got a chance to rest your eyes over the weekend. I hope the big boss feels better soon. Back pain sucks. I haven't tried oxycontin and don't really want to. I don't need any meds to make me silly. I'm hoping the docs tell me there's some miracle treatment that doesn't involve drugs or surgery. I loved your froggy morning graphic!! That's how I felt today. Enjoy your rainy, nappy day. BTW, I love the "Walkin' on Sunshine" song!! It's been one of my faves since I first heard it so many years ago. It still makes me happy and feel like dancing! That does it...no more introspection or feeling stuck. I'm Walking on Sunshine! Thank you SO much for putting that song in my head today!

Happy - Glad to hear the drama is over at work. Hope it doesn't pick up today where it left off last week. Monday did come too fast for me....but it was a relaxing weekend, which is what I needed. I just could use a little more relaxing. My DSIL and her husband and son are in Bristol, TN this week for the Nascar races. DMIL is worried that it might be really hot and muggy there. DH and I told her that it's TN and the summer, of course it will be hot and muggy. That sucks about the ex-neighbors' pool pump, and worse that the house had 4 BR and might become home to a family with screaming brats. Hope the repairman does make it out to the house so you can have peace and quiet again. Thanks for the mention of "The Help". I looked it up on Amazon and it looks really good. I went to my library's website and placed a hold on the book. I like "Good Morning Starshine" too! Gliddy gloop gloopy, Nibby nobby nooby, La la la lo lo. Sabba sibby sabba, Nooby abba dabba, Le le lo lo. dooby ooby walla, dooby abba dabba, Early morning singing song.

Shad - I couldn't agree more with you on the grocery shoppers that park their carts (trolleys) so they take up the entire aisle....or let their kids push. I like to get in and out of the store quickly. Enjoy your new office and the view (just look past the pigeon poop). Silly them for thinking they could run and hide and you not find them. I think that will be my new life mantra... "Enjoy the view that is life...just look past the pigeon poop."

Ceejay - Hope you had a wonderful time in Paragould. Hopefully your A/C will last at least until the end of summer, so that you don't have to bake in the Arkansas heat while you wait for it to be fixed/replaced.

Annie - Glad to hear you had a nice evening with your DS and you like the GF. You wouldn't be a mom if you didn't worry about your son's heart. Yup, it's this week Wednesday that I see my neurosurgeon and a second neurosurgeon right after. I'm getting my list of questions ready. DH is doing okay. Thanks for asking. BTW, my DH loves pancakes. So far the best pancakes he's ever had were in Kearney, Nebraska when we were moving out here. But we think that place got leveled by a tornado a few years ago. Sorry to hear about your panic attack. Hope you're doing better now.

I'm going to go stretch my legs and get some water before I get back to work. My back is feeling a little stiff.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #128  

Happy – LOL about Howard Stern & Steve Dahl. Strangely, I didn’t care for Dahl years back, but now he’s somewhat innocuous. I’ve listened to his podcasts for a while now, and they’re feeling like the same old thing, so I’m actually wanting to find some podcasts that are more informative and educational. I also download Suze Orman and NPR. I agree about Howard Stern – just hate him! Good that the agent’s gotten complaints and is taking action. So did the departed neighbors say anything interesting?? When I first read your comment about The Help, I thought you wrote “blacklisted” and thought “whoa, is this 2010?”. Glad I just misread that. I’ve heard about it and it sounds like a good book. I might reserve it from the library.

Mel – That’s a lot of tokens and laundry! Hope you can have a re-do of your Sunday today. I sure have my share of weekends that I’d like to have do-overs of!! Yeh, if I decide to get serious about book club, I’m sure I could find a new one for myself. You’re right, it was really cute seeing my 85-pound Coal running around with that little 4-pound (maybe) puppy.

Ceejay – I hope your AC hangs in there until the landlord gets to it, or the nicer fall weather comes along, whichever comes sooner!

Annie – Sounds like a nice weekend w/ BB!! Sorry you had the panic attack, especially at work. I was wondering about the status of your car…there’s always something when dealing w/ insurance!! Good new quotes!

Michelle – Yeh, beautiful weather finally arrived - yesss!! Sorry the weekend just “went”. That happens all too much! I’m sure you’re frustrated by this back pain, and the numbness and tingling. I hope the docs provide some useful guidance to get you back to your usual activities. I hear ya about introspection, especially about one’s career – I still have that book from the library (I Don’t Know What I Want, But I Know It’s Not This), and it’s due tomorrow (need to renew it), but I forced myself to start reading it. We’ll see if it’s enlightening. Re the neighborhood tours (or just DIY exploring), I’d like to see more myself – I like the history part of it. And growing up on the northwest side, of Chicago, I know very little about the south side. I’d like to tour the Pullman area, originally a company town for the manufacturing of Pullman passenger railroad cars.

Shad – Must have missed reading about your new view! Ewwww, but I guess you’d start to ignore the pigeon poop after a while.

Nothing to report since I posted late yesterday. Lovely day today. Yay! The train was late, and it made all stops. Got to the office about a half hour late. And I’m still catching up on e-mails from Friday. Sigh. But the good news is that a lot of my big projects are winding up, so I’m signing up for a training session in early September, as well as a volunteer opportunity being offered through work.

Okay, time to post and get back to the e-mail. Have a good day everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #129  
Annie - Indiana

So far today....fruit and cottage cheese for breakfast.

veggies and cottage cheese and chicken in a can for lunch with a bag of baked lays. Also some nuts. That should be enough for the entire day.

Good news...the car is done, the check came through. Be glad to get my car back.

Chelle...Doesn't hurt to get the 1st and 2nd opinion on the back for future reference if not for now. Pretty cool you like your DH, he is cute and handy all rolled up into one hunk. WTG Chelle...lol Don't worry so much about the birthday thing, it is just a number.

Laura...They can't really blame you for the train being late....unless they want to....

Later chickies....
Old 08-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #130  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Laura - I also thought Happy wrote that the book was "blacklisted". Our small town wants to "blacklist" several books and have them removed from the Young Adult section because of their content. It got voted down, but the members of the Library Board that voted against the blacklist/ban have been removed from the board...and replaced with closed minded idiots.

Annie - I'm enjoying the fresh veggies from the garden. Lots of tomatoes...and a few cukes. Glad to hear you get your car back! Vroom!

I can't wait to be done for the day. I'm debating about whether or not to go to a workshop with a friend on goal setting and making dreams come true. It's inexpensive...and it will be good to see my friend again. But I'm kinda tired. At least it doesn't run late. It will probably be a last minute decision.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:20 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
I'm with you on Howard Stern and Steve Dahl.
Glad the agent was called.

Mel
Yeah she is singing again. And we have had plenty of sunshine to walk on lately.

Annie
Glad the bb came for his visit and that you took dad out to breakfast. You had a busy day on Saturday.

Laura and Michelle

I did call the land lord and the person who answered the phone said now what! I told her the a.c. was making a noise again and I told her I thought it was the fan blade. This time I didn't turn it off either. I"m not going to suffer like I did before. I really don't care if the thing does burn up.

Last edited by ceejay52; 08-16-2010 at 06:21 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:28 PM   #132  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I'm another who skim read the post and thought Happy said blacklisted. Seems we all need a communal eyecheck.

Happy - I'm glad the agent is trying to do something about the pool pump. I'm big on emptying pools when they are not being used simply for the mossie problem. Even if the pump goes on and on, if the pool is not treated then them thar critturs will get in and breed like mad.

Ceejay - If the noise the air con is making is the fan, then the problem is simple enough to fix - it needs balancing. They do go out of alignment particularly when you add the age into the equation. I'd send over the DS2 for you but he is psyching himself up for a job interview on Friday. It's one he really wants. You could always sabotage the thing so you have to have a newer and hopefully quieter model.

Mel (and Happy), I did know we were moving. Just that it happened while I was away and I had no access to the building and no idea what floor I was on and no way of getting in touch since phone numbers have been changed (to protect both the innocent and the guilty). I just got to the building and hung about in doorways until I found someone I recognised, then walked into the building behind him. (Don't you think I might make a good stalker??)
Selling tokens - hope the act and show are good. Is it a firies strip or something. Oh no just read the rest - laundry, bah humbug.

Happy - so why did the neighbour call?? Inquiring minds need to imput the infomation. Who knows I may need to stalk them too.

Annie - did you hear the one about my Granny who went for a mile walk every day. She's been doing it for five years and I have absolutely no idea where she is now.
Glad to hear that BB showed up (dutifully - see the army is good for something) and that the GF is okay. Pancakes sound good. It is years since I had those. Maybe I should make some. I have some aged Maple syrup that I could use. Hollyhock bought it for me when I met up with her and Madcat in Canada. Still lots of it left. I had to chuck the maple sweets since they turned into rock and could only be sucked and not chewed. I'm not much of a sucker.
Sorry to hear about the panic attack. I've never had one, but I am told they are very debilitating.
Yea on the car coming back. You'll be back to your old self in no time.

Michelle - good to hear that the back is coming right. It's taken long enough. Still it is a good idea to have the thing checked out. Backs are difficult and dangerous if left particularly if something is intrinsically wrong with it.
Do not worry about the birthday coming up. There is little we can do about the chronological age and unfortunately the world appears obsessed with youth. However exercise, good nutrition and a healthy attitude go a long way to eternal youth. There are some people who will never be old - and it all to do with attitude to life itself. Some folk are old at 30.

Laura - it always annoys me that when we go to meetings or clubs or whatever, social chit chat always intervenes. Guess that is why I am a bit of a loner as far as joining things go - I rarely join unless I have a fair amount of autonomy to do my own thing. If I wanted to know what a 4 year old gets up to, I'd join a mothers club.
I hear you on trains and go slow etc. It would have been funny to see the big and little of the dog world playing around.

Anyway, I'd better go and get started on the day. I have a report to map out in my head and some e-mails on how the training has been going so far. I need to get those done today. Then a report for the man I am working for which will be a lot blunter than the one to the project manager. See I can be diplomatic when required. I'm off. Catch up later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:16 AM   #133  
Happy September

SORRY KIDS....NOT FEELING UP TO PAR TODAY. TAKING SOME CHEST MEDS AND GOING BACK TO BED. SMETHING IN THE AIR IS CONGESTING ME. MAYBE CHECK BACK IN LATER. PUT THE SIGN ON THE DOOR AND TURNED OFF THE PHONE AFTER I LEFT 2 MESSAGES.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:46 AM   #134  
Choose your hard

Morning kids, I am totally screwed up this morning. Will have to get back on later. It's going to be a "is today over with already" kind of day

Feel better Mel
Old 08-17-2010, 09:00 AM   #135  
Annie - Indiana

Tuesday it is...all day long on this perfect day of 85 degree temps with NO humidity...yep, No humidity......

Got up, heart racing, probably too much caffeine yesterday, hopefully. Anyway I took an extra anxiety pill and a half of a zanny. Cause sometimes that is how an anxiety attack starts out. Things are calm now. Kind of got the sleepy's now.

MELLIE...sorry you are feeling badly. All these weather changes and and crap in the air, it is no wonder you are feeling poorly. Feel better, my sweet sista.

Shaddie...I think I saw Granny come through my line at CVS about a month ago. Looking pretty ragged but bought herself a bottle of wine! lol

Happy...I have a bright idea for the house next door...all us worldlies could go in together, buy the house, and start our worldlie chick commune. Sound good? We have a variety of talents, I think it could work. I get to cook, bake and clean.

Ceejay....when the landlord's office answsered NOW WHAT. You should of answered it is still the FN AC you idiot. Rudeness is not acceptable in life.

CHELLE...I just love the fresh veggies from the garden too. THis morning was cottage cheese, tomatos, green peppers and banana peppers. Sea salt and tons of black pepper. I also brought in homemade salsa and chips for the office to enjoy.

Good morning Laura, hope your day goes well and the train is not late.

Much love and many hugs.