Old 08-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #136  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy....cheers, here is to FRIDAY!! Hope your day goes better!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #137  

Good Morning everyone.

Annie - Hope the day stays calm for you. The veggies sound good. We've got a bunch of peppers - serranos I think, but the tomatoes...hmmm. The cherry tomatoes are a different variety than what I'm accustomed to, but are alright. The large tomatoes aren't ready yet. I'm itching to make some salsa, so I might use the cherry tomatoes for it - they're a bit larger than the typical cherry t's. Or I can just visit the farmers market today.

Mel - Sorry you're not feeling up to par. Hope the meds and a good day's rest set you right.

Shad - Oh, phone numbers changed too? Well at least they were in the same building! GL to DS w/ the job interview.

Ceejay - The woman in the landlord's office certainly was rude! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you because that doesn't inspire confidence in the landlord.

Michelle - Did you go to the workshop? How was it? Funny how several of us read it as "blacklisted". Not funny that blacklisting still happens.

Happy - Hope your day gets better an/or that it goes by quickly!

Nothing much to report. Didn't walk at lunch yesterday, I was hungry and focused on eating, lol. No between meal snacks all day was a change for me... In the afternoon I was strolling back to my desk from the copy room and it felt like I pulled a groin muscle. BF and I still took doggy for a walk and I did one BE workout, but I took everything slower and gentler. Today it feels okay.

Train was on time today. The movie selected (before I even got a chance to vote) is Middle Men, which I've heard NOTHING about. Checked out the internet, and it's a movie about one of the early purveyors of "adult entertainment" on the internet. I like Luke Wilson and Giovanni Ribisi well enough, but I didn't see enough positive information to sway me to go see a movie I'm not very interested in to begin with. So I'm skipping it.

Well, I think I'm ready to write the check this week for the in-building fitness facility. I was thinking of inquiring if our benefits department might ante up all or part of the fee in the name of a wellness program...but I think the company isn't yet in the position to open the pocketbook for stuff like this. Things are starting to get a bit better, but it's going to be a long road.

Time to skeedaddle. Have a good day everyone!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:13 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura,
I think that the land lord is not used to hearing from me this much in one month. I'd called about getting a tree limb cut last week also. But I'm glad that I was not the only one who thought she was rude.

Shad
Hadn't thought that the fan blade would have become unbalanced. They must have fixed it as it was more quiet last night. I'm refusing to turn it off again during this heat. Wishing the DS good luck on his interview.

Mel
Take it easy.

Happy
The day wil fly by. Hang in there.

Had a good but busy work day yesterday. Today is a little more calm. I'm liking the less humidity. Actually got a little chilled during the night.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #139  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday ladies -

I'm really happy. I just came up with a solution to a problem that's needed to get fixed for awhile. My dear doggie's cataract surgery. I was oblivious to the fact that I could take a loan on my 401K. I know, I know...I shouldn't mess with my retirement. But I'm doing so for three reasons. One, I can pay it back via payroll deductions; two, it's a ridiculously low interest rate - much lower than my current credit cards; and three, as long as I don't quit or get terminated...I can pay it back over time with no penalties (other than the miniscule interest). If I do get terminated...then I have to pay it back right away or incur tax consequences. So I'm taking out a loan for the doggie's surgery, plus extra to pay off (and close out) some credit cards. I feel really good about this decision. I've made the initial exam appt for Doppler for two weeks from tomorrow. If he's a good candidate for the surgery (if they don't feel like his vision is too far gone), hopefully they'll get the surgery done in early September so that DMIL will be here to take care of him during his 3-4 weeks of post op care. Stupid me should've checked on the possibility of a loan before. My poor baby's vision has been getting worse and worse. Oh well, at least we can hopefully get him all fixed up before DMIL leaves on Oct. 6.

Mel - Feel better very soon!

Happy - Here's to your day getting better!

Annie - for no panic attack. Those suck. The Worldly Chick commune sounds like an awesome idea!! If you cook, bake and clean, I'll mow the lawn and do the yard work.

Ceejay - I can't believe your landlord's office answered the phone that way! How RUDE! I hope that the quietness means it's all fixed.

Laura - I'm growing big tomatoes as well as grape tomatoes (bigger and more oblong than cherry tomatoes). Yummm!! I didn't walk at lunch yesterday either. Not sure if I will today as my back is a little sore and I have a migraine. Glad your sore muscles are feeling better today. Good for you for signing up for your in-building fitness facility!!

I'd better get back to it. It's hard to concentrate with this migraine...but hopefully the meds will kick in soon.

Love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 08-17-2010 at 01:00 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:10 PM   #140  
Annie - Indiana

KEwl Chelle on the Commune idea, I love to garden and do flowers Fresh veggies, birdies and butterflies.....it would be so much fun, too bad we can only dream about it.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #141  
Annie - Indiana

Fortunes in cookies:

Shoe shopping is therapy.

How perfect a day can be when we think positively.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #142  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Really is a beautiful day out there and the river is sparkling and the city skyline clear and crisp. No humidity here at the moment. It will come but hopefully not for another month or so.

Mel - get better soon. Otherwise I will have to come over and dose you up on some real medicine!!

Happy - hope the day improves. Maybe it was too much tequila.

Michelle - good thinking 99. Sometimes the only way to go is to consolidate debt and pay it back with only one lot of interest coming out. I keep preaching debt management to my friends but they still insist on using those expensive credit cards and loading it to the max. I keep preaching the theory that one pays oneself out of ones wages before anyone else gets paid. I keep telling them these things when they all tell me how lucky I am not to owe anyone anything. Do they listen??? Not likely

Annie - your breakfasts sound yummy. I might have to try something similar. My breakfast today was lo fat yoghurt mixed with dried apricots, yummy strawberries and a snack pack of canned fruit - peaches, mango and banana. It was nice. Lunch is some shredded chicked with tomato, marinated artichoke hearts and some mayo. I also have a first of the season mango to eat as well. Oh bliss. These mangos are very early. We don't normally see them until around October. Usually the first case into the fruit and vege wholesalers market is auctioned for charity. Can fetch up to $25K. It's a good cause and the fruiterers enter into the spirit of the thing.
If we get a commune - I think you will be a monty for the cooking and cleaning. You can sure do my share of the cleaning. Cooking I can do. I'll put my hand up for renovations, repairs, and gardening. I'll bring along the DS2 for major stuff like electricals, plumbing and concreting.

Ceejay - how rude of the receptionist to answer the phone as she did. Personally, I think you were excedingly polite. She wouldn't have gotten an answer like that from me.

Laura - too bad the film didn't appeal. Still there will be others no doubt. Good to see you getting out and about with the doggie and doing your exercise. I'm just getting back into it. I have walked from the riverpath for the last couple of days. I'm hoping to do it for the rest of the week. Then I will be at the gym over the weekend.

That's about it for the moment. I'll be back whenever I get the time.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #143  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Wednesday ladies,

My migraine eventually went away yesterday, and allowed me to mow the lawn...which I always enjoy. Then, I did some website work, and downloaded some new tunes to my iPod. I think I slept wrong last night...my back is stiff. I'm leaving work at 1:30 today and looking forward to seeing the two neurosurgeons to get their opinions on the next step for treatments. What I want is to be pain free...or at least very little pain...without surgery and without meds, and be able to Zumba and all the stuff I enjoy. The second shot does seem to have eventually kicked in...and I'm only very rarely experiencing the leg numbness/tingling - not nearly as bad as last week.

Shad - Your morning sounds lovely with a clear, crisp skyline, sparkling river and no humidity. After talking to the 401K company...I only wish I'd done this sooner. They will charge me 3% on my loan, where my credit cards are charging up to 29%. We've stopped using the cards and once we get them paid down...we'll use them only for true emergencies. I'm glad your bringing your reno and repair skills to our commune.

I'll check back in later.

Love and hugs to all,
Old 08-18-2010, 08:12 AM   #144  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY CHICKS
I AM FEELING MORE MYSELF TODAY. THE SUMMER JUST GOT THE BETTER OF ME. NOTHING TOO SERIOUS.
JEN SHOULD BE HOME TODAY. TOMORROW IS THE DD'S FLIGHT TO FLORIDA. POOR KID IS UPSET. THEY NEVER WANT TO G HOME TO MAMA. I DON'T BLAME THEM.
NOTHING NEW HERE. NOT DOING ANYTHING JUST YET...THERE'S ANOTHER STORM HERE AND MY HEAD IS NOT BACK TO NORMAL YET. THE BOSSLADY TOOK ANOTHER 2 DAYS OF VACAY AND I AM TIRED OF "BABYSITTING".
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!

I DIDN;'T GO BACK AND READ ALL THE PAST POSTS BUT DID READ THIS FAR:

HAPPY~ HOPE THE DAY GOT BETTER AND ENDED WHEN YOU HAD ENOUGH!!

ANNIE...YOUR AVATAR GAVE ME ANOTHER SMILE TODAY. IT REALLY IS ADORABLE. THINK I SAID THAT ALREADY BUT.... I LIKE THE FORTUNE COOKIE! ANY KIND OF SHOPPING IS GOOD THERAPY!! BTW....I COULD USE THE OTHER HALF OF YOUR ZANNY!!

LAURA...SOUNDED LIKE A GOOD IDEA TO TAKE A MISS ON THAT MOVIE. HOPE THE COMPANY CAN GET BACK ON IT'S FEET 100% SOON. THERE ARE SO MANY STRUGGLING AND TRYING TO MAKE ENDS MEET. I BET YOU'LL LOVE THE IN-BLDG FITNESS FACILITY. ESPECIALLY THIS WINTER. ENJOY. HOPE THE GROIN FEELS OK TODAY TOO. FUNNY THING IS...YESTERDAY I THOUGHT I HAD PULLED THE SAME MUSCLE ON THE RIGHT SIDE BUT THIS MORNING IT IS GONE MYSTERIOUS

CEEJAY....CEEJAY....SEND THE LOWER TEMPS HERE....I WANT TO GET A LITTLE CHILLED ( BUT REMIND ME I SAID THIS IN JANUARY )

MICHELLE.....SENDING GOOD VIBES YOUR WAY FOR THE LOAN AND DOGGIE'S EYE SURGERY. HOPE THE DMIL WILL BE THERE TO LEND A HAND TOO. GREAT IDEA GETTING THE CARDS PAID OFF TOO.

SHAD.....I FEEL BETTER HONEST I DO....NO NEED FOR "A DOSE OF YOUR KIND OF REAL MEDICINE"
I SEE YOU ARE ENJOYING THE OFFICE VIEW. DO YOU SEE BOATS ON THAT RIVER TOO??? MY DESKTOP RIGHT NOPW IS THE PIC OF YELLOW FLOWERS. BETWEEN YOU AND SHELLEY...I HAVE PLENTY TO CHOOSE FROM
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #145  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHELLEY...YOU SNEAKER INNER YOU!! I WILL SEND A PRAYER OUT TO YOU FOR THE DR'S APPOINTMENT AND I HOPE ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE. I WOULD LOVE NOTHING BETTER THAN TO SEE YOU THE ZUMBA QUEEN
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #146  
Annie - Indiana

Hump day and buy a lottery ticket day for tonight's drawing. If I hit, we are getting that commune, all the chickies will NOT work, and we WILL do everything we enjoy.....We will have all the animals we want, a swimming pool, a bowling alley, a disco dance floor with zumba on the side for Chelle, a ginormous garden and a very well equiped kitchen, and about 15 bathrooms so I can still be a girly girl when I wanna. For Mellie we will have firement drop in from time to time also. Happy can do the naked night swim and feel safe, Laura will get her multimedia room with all the movies she can possibly dream, Shad can rennovate all the rooms to her desire and bring DS to do the hard stuff. Ceejay will be in a well air conditioned environment..noiseless AC, we will laugh, drink margaritas or whatever your choice of beverage might be, play cards, work in the yard/fields, hike, dig for stuffs, PLEASE DEAR GOD, DON'T WAKE ME FROM THIS DREAM!!!

Made a delicious steak last night will post the recipe tomorrow as I left it at home. Along with baked potatos and fresh veggies on the grill. Did a little laundry and talked to a few friends.

Chelle...hope the doc appts come up with something good that is not too troublesome to accomplish.

Shad...the view sounds marvelous. I think it would be hard to go to work when one could go out and enjoy that setting.

MELLIE....Understand about the DD not wanting momma. Samantha's BF little girl never wants to go back to her momma either. Truly, her mother is whacked out. SHe is bi-polar and doesn't always take her meds therefore can be irrational most of the time.

Everyone have a wonderfully wild Wednesday!!

Much love and many many worldlie hugs....
Old 08-18-2010, 08:35 AM   #147  
Annie - Indiana

Oh, got so caught up in the dreaming in the last post forgot to tell ya...

My SIL, the one I love to death and has been so great with my dad, has been worried about me and my falling apart that she bought me a book that I have NOT started yet but plan to today...

"Finding your Own North Star"...claiming the life you were meant to live written by Martha Beck. Google it and see what you think.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #148  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning to yahs,

Yesterday was just a beastly day all around from start to finish. I didn't feel well either. Went to bed at 9:30 and had a good long sleep. Ready to start afresh.

Mel - we are getting a bit cooler weather finally and it is refreshing so I'm blowing you a nice breeze your way. Not too cool but just some ahhh weather. How are the eyes doing? Apparently you are the fill in gal at the office for all things???? I would definitely limit my time - let the boss lady find a substitute - that should be her job. You can "forget" to show up too

Michelle - good luck at the doctors today. Hope they can put their heads together and do you some good. That's a good idea with the 401 loan too - just as long as you don't borrow more money than you could pay off at once if you had to because the tax hit would be about 40 percent We have outstanding credit and even with that the darn banks have raised rates up in the 20 percent range. I wanted to dump all cards and tell them to kiss it but DH said no. For years now we pay off the balance each month so the interest rates don't really affect us. Still makes me mad with what stunts they pull. I think the don't charge more than you can pay off unless it's a true emergency is the route we all need to take.

Shad - sounds like you are in that delightful spring weather where it's so nice and refreshing to be outside. Before the summer heat hits. Although hot we are rounding our way to fall - leaves are starting to fall into the pool. So enjoy things while you can. Sounds like you are back to the clean eating again. Fruit and yoghurt - always a good breakfast Is your travelling over with for a while?

Annie - I said a long time ago that the way the world is headed, we need to get back to the 1960's commune idea again. DH is handy and I can cook and organize and tell people what to do You can cook too but I'd have to turn down the heat in order to eat your speecy spicy stuff

Ceejay - isn't the cooler weather refreshing? It's still warm in the afternoon but the mornings are at least night. Hey hold your landlord to the repairs. After all that's what you are paying rent for.

Laura - I agree with the others on the fitness facility. I think you will be happy with it unless you like a REALLY SWEATY work out. But even to get a good walk in every day will be beneficial. You can supplement it with the BE workouts. And the price is right I'm surprised your tomatoes are doing so well. It sounds as if it's been and up and down temperature summer with lots of rain. Well maybe that's the kind of weather tomatoes like. As for the neighbor's call - didn't say much just that they had a ton of things to do before they left and didn't get them all done and the hubby was supposed to come back and finish up some things. The pool noise has stopped - because after 2 weeks with our excessive heat enough water has evaporated so that the water level dropped below the skimmer line - so no water flow, no pump. That'll damage the pump something good. And someone must have shown the house and left all the outside lights on as well as some inside lights too. That will be a nice electric bill. Which says to me, don't abandon your house to sell unless you really have no other options! Sounds like you saved yourself the price of a movie ticket by skipping this week's selection. It's nice though that you can pick and choose whether to go or not. Do you guys get together afterwards and discuss the movie like a book club - or is it just an outing type of thing?
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:45 AM   #149  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oops hit enter before I should have said - it's on with the day for me. Have a good one everybody. Happy Hump Day as Annie would say
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:56 AM   #150  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - Thank you, my friend! I would love nothing more than to be the Zumba Queen again, and to have my doggie's eye fixed, and be out of debt, and....hmmm what else?! Seriously, I hope ALL of the Worldly Chicks wishes come true!

Annie - I really like your dream!! Happy's DH is handy...and mine can fix computers, cars, just about everything. The book looks pretty interesting. I went to my library's website and placed a hold on it. It might be worth a read. You have had a lot of stress in your life...and you're burning the candle at both ends and the middle.

Happy - That's great that you and DH can pay off your credit cards each month. Please don't start talking about Autumn. I'm not ready for Autumn, much less winter. Sounds like your neighbor will be in for an electric bill shock, and well as pool pump repair.