Old 08-19-2010, 08:52 AM   #166  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

67 degrees Mel? Ooohhh that feels downright refreshing! Ahhhh. Go enjoy it and leave the mess in the office to people who are getting paid alot more to deal with it That's a bummer about Ritchie's DD - I can't imagine the new "norm" of shuffling back and forth between parents.

Michelle - hope they come up with a good course of treatment for you. I think you want to do some personal research on the cortesone shots before you go getting a bunch of them. Just saying... You talked earlier about being at a somewhat crossroads in your career. I am thinking the same. There might be some opportunities to go back into management again. It would mean a little more money and a small annual bonus but would take alot more of my time, one of the areas is in deep doo doo and needs some serious straightening out and it would be very aggrivating for the short term until things get under control. I'm kind of feeling like Mel in that I am past those days. The extra money would be nice but I know in the end it would not be worth the little bit of extra cash. I'm at odds, gut instinct says to stay where I am which I'm reasonably happy with. But for you as well as me - you have to decide what is important to you and what makes you happy. Sometimes too we just need a challenge to get us out of the boredom rut.

Annie - I have a closet full of shoes, most of which are no longer comfortable any more so if we move to the commune (an idea I love ) you can have most of my shoe closet space. Now if we are talking clothes, I will crowd all of you out Of course I doubt we will need to dress up at the commune.

Laura - sorry to hear that people are still walking / driving in front of trains on your line. DP had the record for the most accidents. I think most of them were dumb people doing dumb things (like I CAN beat this train) or were not paying attention. I will never forget one day sitting upstairs in the winter time staring out the window and as we passed the woods by the river area, there was a guy jogging next to the train tracks buck naked save for a knitted hat. I almost wrenched my neck looking back to see if I was really seeing what I thought I saw in my half gaze

Ceejay - hope today is a more cheery one for you. Sometimes we all get the blues.

Good advice on the gym bag Shad. I learned to be more minimalistic when I had to tote everything back and forth. How nice that you'll get to go travelling with your buddy Chris again. You must be looking forward to that.

I need to get out of here - got lunch plans with a friend today so I'll check back tonight.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:06 AM   #167  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy...we may be in trouble cause I have a ton of clothes too, probably more than I need and should get rid of some too. BUt that can all be taken care of when we move to the commune....
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:52 AM   #168  
Annie - Indiana

and today is my baby boy's 22nd birthday......at 11:56 AM, he will be 22. and baby girl cut and colored my hair at the shop she works at last night, she did an awesome job of it.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #169  

Hello all. Happy Thursday.

Ceejay - I hope there aren't too many customers getting their water shut off! That certainly would be a downer.

Michelle - Glad the doc visits went well.

Shad - Wonder what the ruckus on the river was all about... Sounds nice to have Chris visiting you soon. We're hoping bf's niece can come up a day early to stay with us in Sept before going on to her dad's place because we don't go to gatherings at her spineless father's (and stepmonster's) house. And I need to try and get my mother to commit to a visit as well. Can you believe she's only been back to visit once since moving out of state 16 years ago??!! Good news re the extra month of work. As for the gym bag - I already keep batches of the trouser socks/knee highs I wear w/ my slacks on hand in my desk for the convenience. I might do the same with gym socks, hand (sweat) towels, etc. I'll have to figure out the sneakers - sometimes I wear them to/from work, sometimes not, and then there's boot season. But I'd hate to leave them at work if I want to wear them at home, and athletic shoes can be so expensive I wouldn't want to have to buy two pair...

Mel - Poor Rich & Jen and the departing dd. The train incident is being called a suicide. Very sad when anyone thinks that's the answer.

Annie - To get into legal trouble over stealing booze, cigs and soda - so lame!! Even if it was Fresca, ha ha!! I did try a couple different flavors of Fresca last year, and I'm pretty sure I liked the original flavor better. Mmmm, sounds delish as a mixer w/ the vodka! I'm pretty cheap though, so I try to get the 12 packs on sale. But the stores have started requiring you to buy FOUR 12 packs to get the sale price! I try not to drink too much soda, so buying 4 would not be a good thing for me. Bf doesn't drink much soda at all, so it would all be mine. And it does go bad - at a party earlier in the summer (not at our house!) I took a couple sips of a diet soda and it tasted awful and lo and behold it was quite a ways beyond the expiration date!

Happy - Too funny looking out the train window and seeing a nekked jogger! I usually have my nose in a book, but after big rains I always look out when we pass through DP because they always flood by the river. I'd NEVER live in that town. Enjoy your lunch date today. I need to set up a couple of lunch dates!

I took a dog walk and did one BE workout last night. Did a load of laundry, showered, and finally got to sit and eat dinner. Bf was off at a work thing, but was ready to turn the AC back on when he got home late. I was half asleep and didn't care, but he must have felt cooler after his shower and didn't turn it on. Today's supposed to warm up, so I'm sure the AC will be on when I get home.

I brought my gym bag today, so I'll get to the fitness center today for a workout. I thought I might try going early - 11:30, but I'm thinking it might already be busy by then. Maybe 1:15-1:30. We'll see.

Okay, better get back to work!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It just hit me as to why the downer mood. Today would have been my mom's 87th birthday. I get this way each year around this time.She went to heaven 9 years ago.

Mel
Would you send us some of that 67 degree weather. Happy and I would probably freeze, but it sure would be a nice change.

Happy
The struggle with taking a career change is difficult but if you are prepared to accept the terms and conditions why not? After all you are qualified for the job.

michelle
I'd be a little leary on taking to many cortisone injections. I know they are good at relieving the pain but too much can cause trouble down the road.

Annie
So sad about the employee who took those things. It's beenalongtimesince i had a Fresca. Soda's have always been my down fall. And tell the BB happy birthday from us chicks.

Laura
Glad you can make it through the night with out a.c. Let us know how you like the gym.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #171  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

I'm still swamped at work...but here's a quick summary of the current game plan for my back. I saw two docs yesterday. My doc (Doc #1) said he wants a new MRI before he recommends a course of treatment. The 2nd opinion doc (Doc #2) wants to the see the new MRI films too, but already gave me an order for Physical Therapy. Doc #2 thinks based on the year-old xrays and the recent numbness down my leg, it's more in my spine (slightly slipping disks, arthritis in my spinal joints, and perhaps something pinching) rather than my SacroIlliac (SI) joint. I'm getting an MRI tomorrow afternoon, and have an appointment with Doc #1 on Wednesday and Doc #2 on Thursday. They both agree...no Zumba or intense exercise until they figure out what's wrong and determine a course of treatment. They said I can walk and do easy normal activities as much as I can tolerate. I'm going to try and start out walking 10 minutes per day and see how I do. I'm lucky because my company has a Wellness Clinic that has physical therapy. The building is just a couple blocks away from the office I work in. First PT appointment is Monday at lunch time.

I really appreciate the warnings about the cortisone. I don't like the thought of them either...especially since I've just had a couple, and had one in January or February as well.

Sorry I can't do personals right now. I've got to get back to work. I'll write more tomorrow.

Thanks for all your good wishes and concern. Hopefully I can get back to being the exercise (if not the Zumba ) again soon.

Love you lots my friends,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #172  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
It's Friday, grey and raining. But at least it is Friday. It's been a long week.
Sorry, I can't update you about the cops and helicops upriver yesterday. Nothing on the news. Probably a suicide - however they can't have been too desparate if they jumped from the Walter Taylor Bridge. You can survive that drop and the kids used to jump off it to go swimming in the river years back.
Haven't heard back from Chris so don't know when she is coming. The Toowoomba Flower Festival is not until mid September so I don't know if she will still be here for that. I saw this morning that for $99 you can get a steam train trip out there, have a bus tour of the prize gardens, lunch and get home again - well at least back to the station.

My old project boss dropped in yesterday. He's gone on to bigger, brighter and possibly better things, and even though he is still my upline, he didn't know I had been extended when I asked what I was to do with the extra month. So I need to go and talk to the next person in line (who happens to be his brother)

I was looking up the family tree last night. It really is coming along well at the moment. I went to Ancestry.com.au and found some others that were following a family tree of which my Great Grandmother was a part. I have found ancestors now going back to the late 1600's thank to them and I have found some cousins I didn't know I had - well 2nd, third, or fourth cousins actually. On my maternal Grandfathers side we have ancestry from Ireland to Scotland and are apparently entitled to wear the Fraser tartan. Mind you, you need sunglasses to wear that one. On my Fathers maternal grandfathers side we can wear the Johnston tartan. I haven't as yet looked that one up, but I have no doubt they will clash with the other. Such fun. On my fathers paternal side (both the illegitimate bit and the adopted (by maternal Grandparents) bit) I have sort of come to a complete halt. His grandfathers grandfather came from Germany of 'parents unknown' and I have no idea where to start looking unless I can find some shipping records somehow. His natural father was Maori and there are no written records that I can find for this time. It's doubtful that there ever was since Maori is a spoken language rather than a written one. Miracles happen, you just have to figure out where to dig for the treasure. I haven't found the spot yet.

Happy - I know how you feel about the career change. I've been working on one for a while. I'm beginning to think that will come with retirement - which is fast becoming further away. We truly have become the lost generation, us babyboomers. Retirement age is being put up and up, superannuation is going nowhere, pension will not be available for us. Thank god I get on well enough with enough of my family to be able to stay off the streets.

Annie - by balancing your hormones, you will lose weight, sleep better, have better sex life (hey, that never hurts, LOL!) etc . in order to have the better sex life, you need to have someone to share it with. Maybe the first two will have to suffice for the time being.

Michelle - ditto what the others said on the jabs. Hope the Drs come up with some better answers soon.

Ceejay - Remember you Mum for what she was, not the fact that she has passed. They are never dead while we remember them in their prime.

Laura - Didn't stop to think that you may have only one pair of trainers. I always have two. I buy a new pair when the oldest pair starts looking and feeling bad. Usually I buy them about 6 months apart. Yep, they can be expensive. Enjoy the gym anyway. Sounds like you have a wardrobe in the office anyway.

Mel - enjoy your day. Hope it isn't too humid and that you can go breathe some fresh air at some stage. Hope the wee girl is okay to travel through her distress at having to go home. At least she got there. The son can't have had much of a holiday.

Okay - I'd better go get on with the day. Such a dreary world out there this morning, but it should improve by the afternoon and then YEEHAA it is the WEEKEND!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:50 AM   #173  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

FRIDAY...YIPPEE!!!

JEN IS HOME. RICHIE'S DD HAS LANDED BACK IN FLA.
ALL IS WELL IN THE WORLD TILL THE NEXT DILEMMA
I HAD A TOUCH OF VERTIGO YESTERDAY. THE RESULT OF TOO MUCH TIME OUTDOORS. FEELS BETTER TODAY.
I THINK I MIGHT STAY INDOORS AND UPSTAIRS TILL AFTER 4PM
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY

ANNIE....HOW STUPID COULD THAT GIRL BE?? SOMETIMES I FORGET WE HAVE THE CAMERAS HERE. I OFTEN WONDER IF THE BIG CHEESE IS WATCHING! WHEN I FOUND THOSE SHOES I CRACKED UP!! THEY HAVE WWATERMELON SNEAKERS TOO. GLAD YOU TOLD ME ABOUT KATHY BATES...I NEVER KNEW WHAT SHE WAS SAYING!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BABY BOY

HAPPY....HOPE YOU HAD A NICE LUNCH WITH YOUR FRIEND

LAURA...THAT'S SO SAD ABOUT THE TRAIN. I CANNOT IMAGINE BEING THAT DESPERATE. HOW DID THE GYM GO?? HOPE YOU FIND A GOOD TIME TO GO. MY A/C IS STILL RUNNING

CEEJAY... I THINK THE COLDER WEATHER LEFT US. 74 THIS MORNING AND I CAN FEEL THE HUMIDITY. I CAN SEE WHY YOU WERE SAD WITH YOUR MOM'S BIRTHDAY ANNIVERSARY. SENDING A HUG

MICHELLE...I AM SO GLAD YOU HAVE THE 2 DRS AND HOPE THEY HELP YOU ON YOUR "JOURNEY TO WELLNESS AT THE WELLNESS CENTER"!! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE OUR YOUR POSITIVE ATTITUDE WILL SEE YOU THRU THIS I AM SURE

SHAD......THAT'S SOME VERY INTERESTING NEWS YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT YOUR ANCESTRY. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT TO GO BACK SO FAR!! 1600'S!! WOW! THE TRAIN RIDE SOUNDED WONDERFUL. I ALWAYS LIKE TO WATCH THE TRAIN SHOWS ON PBS. HOPE CHRIS CAN BE THERE FOR THE FLOWERS. FUNNY THAT THE NEXT PERSON IN LINE TO ASK QUESTIONS FOR WITH THE JOB IS HIS BROTHER MAYBE BEFORE YOUR NEW MONTH IS OVER...YOU WILL FIND OUT WHAT IS IS THEY WANT YOU TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:38 AM   #174  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning chicks, site is wonky today. Not responding. I've cancelled a couple of sessions - will try and get on at lunch time. Happy Friday!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #175  
Annie - Indiana

TGIF, TGIF, TGIF YES YES YES...

Mellie...first, where did you get the TGIF pix. I need to know the site please. On a sh*tty note....just for you...I pooed a log cabin this morning with a smoking chimney and all. LOLOLOL Take a rest this weekend, put the sign on the door and have a Mellie, hot bubbly bath, with a glass of your favorite beverage.

Shaddie...I hear ya on the s*x part of that statement, and furthermore I have not found anyone that I want to do that with.....YET...LOL Hmmmm, German in your background...maybe WE are related as I have German in me too, my maiden name is Shrontz, which used to be spelled Schrontzstein or something like that.

Chelle....Just don't ever get gold shots. They may help but think that is what caused my dad's brother's cancer in the end. It helped with the arthritis at the time, but end results sucked. Maybe we can make you the new WALKING QUEEN...or better known as the queen of Walkers. Hugs to you, my friend. Hope this all gets solved soon.

Ceejay....I know just how you feel about momma's BD. My momma's BD was July 28th. I talk to her every day and miss her so very badly. Hugs to you my sweet sister.

Laura...I didn't know Fresca came in other flavors. Never heard of it. I know Fanta does.

Going to King's Island on Monday with DD. I can hardly wait to ride the roller coasters. (Shaddie...it is an amusement park with bunches of roller coasters). I will have a splitting headache by the end of the day and on Tuesday will feel like I have been in a car accident. LOL

Hellos to all, Happy Friday!!

Loves and Hugs,
Old 08-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #176  
Annie - Indiana

Happy....how much or what size plot do you plant of parsley to attract butterflies. I want to plant some next year.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #177  
Annie - Indiana

Ramen Noodle Stir Fry (Serves 2)

1 package ramen noodles (any flavor-don't need seasoning pkt)
1 t. EVOO
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove
1 t hot sauce
Dried oregano
Cayenne

1. Bring water to boil. Salt water add noodles, cook til tender, bout 3 mins. drain set aside.
2. Het oil in large skillett over med heat. Add peppers, onion and garlic and saute' til veggies are tender. Add the hot sauce and season with oregano and cayenne. Simmer 5 minutes
3. Add noodles to skillet and cook for 1 minute or til mixed and heat through.

300 calories, 12 fat, 2 fiber, 6 protein, 42 carbs, 240 sodium
Old 08-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #178  

Happy Friday all!

Annie - Hope BB had a good b-day. I've tried black cherry Fresca, but didn't like it as much as the original. I saw a peach flavor in the store not too long ago, but I wouldn't try it because the only peach anything I enjoy is the raw fruit itself, nothing peach flavored. Have fun at King's Island!!!!

Ceejay - I agree with Shad - hopefully the good memories of your mother will lift your spirits.

Shad - That garden fest train trip sounds really nice. Your ancestry search sounds very interesting - good luck with the continued journey! I think my sister has delved into ours a bit - I'll have to ask her about it. I do keep my "retired" sneakers after buying a new pair, but with my current foot issues, I prefer not to wear them if I'm going to do any walking because the support is no longer there. And I'm not very happy with any of the retired shoes I have on hand right now, so they might all be chucked as soon as I buy my new shoes.

Mel - Sorry about the vertigo - have a wonderful RESTFUL Friday!! Love those graphics you've been posting. I look forward to seeing them each day.

Michelle - Hope the PT and the walking helps your back. More tests and doc appts - hope it all pays off in reduced pain for you. I'm dithering about seeing a new podiatrist - one that a couple friends see themselves and like very much. I keep thinking that I just need to get myself into a good fitting pair of shoes, then I'd see if that's enough to keep my feet happy. Of the two expensive pairs of shoes I bought last year, one turned out to be ill-fitting and the other is just so-so. I'm off to the New Balance store tomorrow for some new sneakers. For some reason, all the NB stores in my area are closed on Sundays!!

Hi Happy!!

My gym session yesterday was good. I went at about 1:30 and it was practically empty - maybe 5 people there. Nice and quiet. When I registered earlier this week, I learned that about 700 people have registered to date. But like any gym, so many people sign up and then stop going after a few times. Wonder what the typical % is? Anyway, 1:30 seems to be a good time of day to go. Next time I go, I'm going to try 11:30 am. I did 30 min. on the treadmill (new and fancy display, and a tv screen to plug into!) and went 1.8 miles, most of the time at 4 mph. I did a couple minutes of stretching afterward. Unfortunately, my total away time was about an hour 10 min, but I guess I need to speed up my locker room time. But at least I had everything I needed! After I got back, the rest of the afternoon seemed to drag... I think I need to find time to take a walk around the block so that I feel like I've been outside during the day.

Took a short dog walk last night and that was it. I considered doing a BE workout, but my lower body (outer thighs in particular) was sore from the prev. night's workout. Went to bed sort of early.

Nothing special going on this weekend - yay! As I mentioned to Michelle - I need to get to New Balance for new sneakers on Saturday - maybe tonight! Sunday I'm meeting a friend for breakfast. I'm still sort of burnt out on the typical egg/meat/hashbrown breakfast from last month, so we'll see if I choose something healthier and/or different.

Have a good weekend everyone!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #179  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday ladies,

I overslept this morning...but luckily I was working from home in the morning so as soon as I woke up, I turned on the 'puter and logged in. I ended up going into the office later in the morning for a couple meetings and will be leaving in a bit over an hour for the MRI. I sometimes wonder if all the tests and shots are worth it. I could just take pain meds the rest of my life and do what I want. But I don't particularly like being all drugged up on the meds. I accept the fact that I have an arthritic back and that causes discomfort. And that given my age and weight...I could be a lot worse off. I am grateful for all the things I can do. Maybe I should just accept that I can't do certain things, perhaps even Zumba. I'm not in my 20s after all. If it was just the pain...I'd probably be okay with taking meds/shots to mask it. But the new numbness has me a little concerned. We'll see what the docs decide as to the best course of treatment after they see the MRI results next week.

DH and I are thinking about getting a new bed. Do any of you have a Tempurpedic (or memory foam) bed? If so, do you like it?

Shad - How fun that Chris will be there soon! The train ride and Garden Fest sounds wonderful!!

Ceejay - It's so tough when my parents' birthdays and Mothers and Fathers Day rolls around. to you, my dear sister friend.

Mel - So glad that Jen is back home, that the vertigo has eased up too, and that all is well in your world. Our heat and humidity has returned today too. We're supposed to have storms this afternoon/evening so hopefully that will take away the humidity.

Annie - I've never heard of the gold shots. Thanks for the warning. I won't mind being the queen of Walkers....Johnnie Walkers, that is! I like Fresca too, not as much as my all time fave diet soda...Diet Mountain Dew. Hope you have a blast at King's Island. Thanks for the Ramen Stir Fry recipe. I also use the uncooked Ramen Noodles to add crunch when I make an Asian Salad with Mandarin Oranges and Chicken.

Laura - Good for you for getting to the gym!! I hate it when expensive shoes are ill-fitting or not worth the money. I'll probably purchase Skechers Shape Up shoes or Reebok's toning shoes next time. They wouldn't work for Zumba due to the curved bottom and too much tread, but I've heard they're awesome for walking.

Well, I've got a few more things to finish up before I leave.

I'll check in during the weekend.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Thanks for the hugs. Feeling better today.

Annie
Hadn't thought about talking to mom every day. That would probably help. It doesn't help matters to have two sister's who don't think to call either. Sometimes I feel like an orphan but I do have my aunt and uncle. and I do have my worldly sister's thank you.

Laura
Glad the gym session went okay.

Michelle
An hour long inside an MRI machine has me freaking out already. I don't like enclosed spaces. I do hope they can find out what the problem is and suggest treatment.

mel
Take time for yourself this week end.

Waves to Happy and Shad

I finally gave up and called the cable company. I'm hoping against better hope that they will come today. Ever since I bought the new hd tv I've had problems with it being hooked up to the cable box. But if I have to wait till next week so be it. The one in the bed room works decent.
What get's me, concerning the medical bills, I had our local hopsital call today and last week wanting me to pay over the phone. I told both of them that I would like to have hard copy of the statement. I still have not recieved it. Guess I should go to the hospital this afternoon and take care of this. I don't like to owe these bills, but they should be considerate enough to mail out statements.

An update
I did go to the hospital to pay my bill and therefore got a statement. Decided that I needed to go to the doctor as well. I think part of my moodiness has been due to this low grade fever I can't seem to break. The doctor gave me 3 rx's and an injection. I did go to my long time doctor. He said i had pluerisy. My complaint was a sore throat.
While I was at the doctor's office the cell phone rang and it was the cable man. He waited for me to get through. Now my t.v. works, yipee, it was in the wall connection so I would have never had guessed that to be the problem.

Last edited by ceejay52; 08-20-2010 at 06:25 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote