Old 08-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #241  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

And a very happy, happy, HAPPY Birthday to you Ceejay!

Hope you have a most wonderful day and a great birthday dinner with your family.

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-27-2010 at 08:34 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #242  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday ladies -

TGIF!! It has been a helluva week. DH finally has all the debris from the willow cleaned up...now we are just waiting for the tree guy to come out and bring down 4 or 5 huge branches...and then the debris clearing process begins again. My back has been sore, so I haven't been any help. I'm having PT today so hopefully that will help.

My team and I had a great time at the baseball game, even though the Brewers lost. After the game, I saw Doc #2, who said that while surgery is option and may need to be considered down the road, there were several non-surgical options he wants to try first that should work well enough to at least postpone any surgeries, and may relieve the pain enough to eliminate the need for surgery all together. Yay!!!

What is going on with my back now is that I have two degenerative discs in my lower back that are causing inflammation which is pinching on the nerve that runs down my left leg...hence the numbness and pain. He wants to inject a steroid into the area of the disc to stop the inflammation and allow for healing. If that doesn't work...there are a couple other places that he can try steroid injections, before resorting to cauterizing some nerves with radio frequencies.

Okay...so they aren't perfect options, but in my opinion they are better than surgery. I asked him how many steroid injections I can have within a year. He said he usually likes to wait a few months apart. I told him that Ijust got one a few weeks ago. He said since it was in my SI joint and I've never had any in my spine, it would still be okay to do the shot. He also wants me to continue with PT and get back to a cardio/strength training program as soon as my PT says it's okay. He wants me to lose weight because he said that would relieve some of the pressure. I told him I want to lose around 60lbs. He said that even if I can lose 10-20 soon, that would help. I also have to strengthen my core. So now my inner exercise is itching to get back to the gym. I'll see what the PT says today. No need to get out the I will take it slowly. There are no classes at the gym next week...but I might just go there to do some low-key or non-weight bearing stuff.

Ceejay: Happy Birthday!

Annie - Glad your dentist appt went well and that dad's doing better. I need to work on my posture and building core strength too. I have to get seriously slimming in September. I don't have time to waste (or waist).

Laura - Good that you now have an appt with the foot doctor. Did you get to the fitness center yesterday? If the IRS came up to me and wanted me to let him into the card-keyed area of the building, I'd think it was a test of our security and send him back to the lobby. But then again, I'd worry that he'd find out my name and SSN and flag me for an audit.

Shad - I've never heard the 6 P's premise, but I LOVE it! Thanks for the corporate-approved version as well. I can put it up by my desk now. Enjoy your lovely daffodils! I can almost picture them and smell them. Our Cancer Society has daffodil days too.

Happy - Bummer that I missed pool season at your house again. I know that cortisone isn't a great option and there are some risks. My doc just wants to use these options to postpone surgery as long as possible. And he has had cases where the anti-inflammatory properties of the steroids actually relieve the situation permanently so surgery can be avoided all together.

Mel - That sucks about the credit card company clearing out your account! Those b**tards!! I agree with Happy....a mattress or mayo jar would do better with your money than the d*mn bank.

A big and to all!

Love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #243  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Friday Morning to all of you, TGIF for sho, and have an awesome day and weekend....

Not too much to report...long day yesterday but survived, somehow I knew I would. Tonight I am going to one of my BFs house to get together. She is the one that helped Samantha (DD) put on my 50th BD party. Anyway, she and her hubby finally listened to me and are trying the bariatric way of eating. They have been doing it for about 3-4 weeks and the weight is falling off. BF also came up with a no carb adult beverage....Vodka, fresh lemons, squeezed and dropped in to pitcher, water, and a bit of sweetner...tastes similar to lemonade. I am going to try it tonight. I will report in on that later....

Shaddie...welcome home sweet sista. We have daffodil day for cancer here also. I didn't get approached for it this year, completely missed it. It happens in April, I think.

Happy....well Subway veggie sub got my clean shiny teeth all musty...lol Hope you got some much need rest last night. Tell me about the parsley patch for butterflies...I want to do that next year.

Ceejay...Happy Happy Birthday, my dear worldlie friend. Enjoy your weekend and party down...lol

MELLIE...look at the bright side of all the fights you have to have with the enemy...you usually win, eventually. Try not to get to frustrated. Have a marvelous weekend.

CHELLE...well Greenbay beat the Colts last night. and Badly. Not surprised, the stinkin Colts don't really put out the effort till real season starts. That kind of pees me off. Glad to hear the non-surgery efforts are being made by the docs first. Sterioids sound like a great option to try in the spine, just don't get all muscle bound...lol. Soon you will feel brand new and I am praying for your strength with weight loss. Hugs...

Laura...hope all is great in your world...

Doors are fixed here at work. We can look this place up. Now if it were up to me.

Hey to everyone.

Have a fantabulous day and weekend.

Much love and many hugs.....
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #244  
Annie - Indiana

Mark your calendar.....August 27th for this rare occurrence. For those who have children, show them for they will never see this again.

An interesting fact about AUGUST 2010
This AUGUST has
5 SUNDAYS
5 MONDAYS and
5 TUESDAYS ALL IN ONE MONTH.
IT HAPPENS ONCE IN 823 YEARS.
Two moons on
27th August 2010
27th Aug the Whole World is waiting for.............
Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting August. It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will culminate on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles off earth. Be sure to watch the sky on Aug. 27 12:30 am. It will look like the earth has 2 moons.
The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.
Share this with your friends as NO ONE ALIVE TODAY will ever see it again.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #245  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - As for the game last night...after Green Bay couldn't stop the Colts from scoring in two plays on their first drive...I wasn't feeling too good. I think that new Ref placement rule seriously messes the Colts up and understandably so. I agree they should keep the ref's safe (as much as we hate or at least disagree with them). But the quick game is the Colts bread and butter. It's what they do better than any other team in the NFL. When you mentioned me getting muscle bound from the steroid injections, I immediately thought of the old Hans and Franz skits from Saturday Night Live ("We're gonna pump YOU up!") Please, please, Annie, remind me what the bariatric way of eating is. Specifics if you can...or a website resource. As my pain has gotten worse, I've become even more motivated to get/stay serious.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:23 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
Hope you get some relief soon for your back.

Annie
Wow what a birthday I'll get to have today. I can't wait to see the stars tonight. However, I'll be under lock down at my uncles. They've installed a new security system. I may have to ask for a remote. We've been having the most beautiful full moon this week.

My aunt called last night to inform me of our plans. Olive Garden tonight and since I have another uncle whose birthday is the 28th, we're going out to eat pizza with him tomorrow. As mom would say I'm celebrating the whole week. And why not it's not every day I'll turn 60 years old.
i might add that my cholesterol total number was 153 which was good and my bad cholesterol (ldl) was under 100 the cardiologist say's that since my history level is high for heart disease that he would like for my hdl to be 50 or above.
Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Last edited by ceejay52; 08-27-2010 at 10:24 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #247  

TGIF!!!

Shad – You mean your Kiwi accent doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb in Oz? I like the 6 p’s whether it's piss or persistent, LOL. I always enjoy the daffs in the springtime –so cheery. But I can’t say I’ve noticed any scent at all on the ones from my yard…maybe I need to shop for bulbs this fall.

Happy – Re my feet: I still don’t think the orthotic is right - I’d like more support to avoid more problems w/ the bunion on my right foot. But now, on the LEFT foot, I think I’ve developed plantar fasciitis. I had my orthotic reworked a couple months ago because I felt a bump in it, and I’m not sure if that bump would have caused it. I also had a past gym injury where I overstretched that part of both of my feet and I’m wondering if that did it. But it didn’t seem to become chronic until I felt that !@#$% bump in the orthotic…

Ceejay – If I don’t get back here on the weekend, I'm sending you many happy birthday wishes. Enjoy your meal at the OG! Ooh, and pizza the next night – what a weekend!

Mel – Sorry to hear about the credit card woes. Is that some kind of secured credit card and they can take the funds used to secure it? You don’t have to answer that!! I agree with Happy – so many people just get away with it all while others struggle doing the right thing – not fair. That Suze Orman show that I watch promotes a “back to cash” movement - don't use credit or debit cards. Probably a good thing, especially if we don’t want to give these snakey banks our business!!

Michelle – Glad doc 2 had some other non-surgical options. Glad he’s recommending all the exercise – hope you can get back to it soon. And another good motivator for continuing your weight loss progress. Michelle – that’s exactly what I was thinking if I were to hassle Mr. IRS – him strolling by my cube, learning my name, and the next thing I know I’m being audited. Nope, don’t need that, even if I have nothing to hide.

Annie – Enjoy the vodka lemonade. Had one of those last weekend – yuummmeee. My lunch yesterday was a subway sub too – chicken. Thanks for the August facts. Noticed yesterday was nearly a full moon. Have to see if I can see the two moons tonight.

I did get my workout in yesterday. I left work early and went to the FC. I had my bag w/ my workout clothes and towel. The stuff I keep in my desk drawer I FORGOT. My shower stuff - flip flops, soap, shower cap, etc. And my water bottle. Aargh! But I survived. I drank from the drinking fountain before and after my 30 min. on the elliptical. I took my shower in my socks, lol. The part I hated the most was rushing to make the train. I really felt my route's incline after that workout! That, and I didn't have time to buy a bottle of water for the ride home. But I'm glad I did it. I have to get better with making sure I have everything I need! Last time I forgot my iPod and was stuck watching the scrolling news stories on CNN. There were more people in the gym at that time than I've seen during the day, but again - not crowded by any means. Not sure if I'll do the end of the day workout again, though the day was better just by getting out for a 15 min. lunch.

Another nice day today, and I'll get out at lunchtime to enjoy it. Sort of sad to see a warmup in the weather starting this weekend, but I just think of January in Chicago and what we have now is just fine by me. I've scheduled vacation days for next Thurs. & Fri - yay. Nice short 3-day workweek and a nicer long weekend including the Monday Memorial Day Holiday.

Okay, enough rambling. Everyone have a wonderful weekend.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

unfortunately themars/moon story is a hoax according to what I've googled. shucks. i was really excited too.

I've had a good day. My sister that lives in Dallas, Tx called and we talked for almost an hour. Several birthday wishes from people on FB. Around 9 p.m. the phone rang again and it was my neice calling from their vacation spot which is Hawaii from a cell phone. She sounded like they were next door. They could have taken me. sigh. It has been a good day. Olive Garden was nice but it will not be a favorite place to patronize.

It's time for my shower and hit the sheet's.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #249  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Ceejay - hope you had a very happy birthday. 60 isn't so bad. I don't think I felt any different the day I turned sixty to when I did when I was 59. It's only chronological. You don't have to live up to it. Sorry you weren't that impressed with Olive Garden. It sounds nice.

Laura - sounds like you had the same sort of workout as I did yesterday. Hard and sweaty. I did weights and strength and I am delighted that quite a bit of my strength remains, although I am stiff and sore.
No my Kiwi accent doesn't stand out any more. I can speak both Strine and Kiwi fluently. Actually there are so many of us in both countries a sort of trans Tasman accent has developed.

Annie - love the sound of the vodka and fresh lemon juice. Let me know how it goes and I'll give it a whirl while Chris is here - she doesn't drink and can put me to bed if I pass out!

Michelle - sorry to hear that the back is not going so well. At least the diagnosis was the same with both Doc and you don't have to try out a third. It's a hard decision to make about your future, but you are right a few more pounds off and you will take a lot of pressure off the discs and spine. What an incentive to get the weight off.

Happy - good to know you learnt something about cardbox boxes and enjoyed the tour. Some people can make mundane things interesting and impart good stuff and fun stuff along the way. Pity they don't always put interesting people in these jobs.

Mel - Geez man. This is going to kill off both of you unless you can get it fixed. I hope you can work something out with the credit card company. It may be that you CAN'T recommend this credit company to others. Not much humanity there. It's such a shame that these days banks and others can just delve into your bank account and take the lot. There used to be a code that you had to have something to live on - usually about a third of what you earned. Between you and Jen and Ritchie you'll be eating air for the next year or so.

As said previously, I went to the gym yesterday. One of the gym junkies came and helped me out with moving weights - maybe his mum has told him to be nice with grannies? and was surprised at the level at which I can lift. The gym manager suggested some easier ways for short people like me to get more out of the bigger machines. That made me feel okay about being there. So all and all I am a bit stiff today but will work that off around the yard. I was going to go back to the gym and do some cardio but I think I can get enough of that chasing the hired help around and ensuring they keep working.
I wandered out to have a look at the stars last night. It was beautifully clear if somewhat cool. Yes a big fat moon is out there and one very bright star but it doesn't look at all like 2 moons. Sorry it is a myth. It might look like a moon if it was 1000x bigger. And I don't believe it is Mars since Mars actually looks very red when we get close enough to identify it. This one was a big bright white light in the night skay. The Southern Cross was out there as well, with it's pointers blazing away (Alpha Centaurus) but Orion was out of sight as was the Milky Way. No doubt they would have been seen later in the night, but I was only watching the back of my eyelids at that point.

Better go, get showered and get on with the day. It's meant to rain later and there is the last of Mt Washmore to get out and get dried. And it is mostly my work stuff as well - all the more reason to get on with it.

See ya

Last edited by Shad; 08-28-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:56 AM   #250  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
I HAVE TRIED TO COME HERE FOR 3 DAYS AND POST BUT ENDED UP TURNING THE COMPUTER OFF. I JUST DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY OR EVEN FEEL LIKE TALKING.
I THINK MAYBE I NEED A BREAK TO REGROUP AND WILL BE BACK WHEN THINGS SETTLE DOWN. I CAN'T "THINK" RIGHT NOW.
A MAN FROM THE BANK THAT KNOWS ME IS COMING MONDAY TO OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT FOR ONLY ME. HE ALSO SALVAGED MY PAYCHECK BEFORE THE BAD GUYS COULD GET THAT TOO. $71 IS BETTER THAN ZERO.
JEN WENT TO SOCIAL SECURITY AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE CC COMPANY WILL GET A LIEN ON THE BIGGER OF JEN'S CHECKS FOR 60%. LOTS OF PHONE CALLS TOMORROW TO FIND OUT WHAT EXACTLY THIS NEW LAW IN THE USA IS ALLOWING. SOC SEC SAID THIS COMPANY SNUCK IN THERE THE MINUTE THE LAW WAS PASSED.
JEN & I ADMIT THIS PROBLEM IS OF OUR OWN MAKING BUT IT SAYING IT'S SO DOESN'T HELP WHATS HAPPENING NOW.
WHEN THE WHEEL OF FATE CAMES AROUND I SHOULD HAVE DUCKED BEFORE IT HIT ME IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD!! WHAT COMES AROUND, GOES AROUND.
THIS TOO SHALL PASS BUT UNTIL THEN....
STAY WELL MY FRIENDS AND "I'LL BE BACK".

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-29-2010 at 06:58 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #251  
Choose your hard

1-800-Dentist

Ok I am trying something here. This other "ad" that keeps clogging up my view of the site is really starting to tick me off. I think the site picks up on keywords you use and displays ads accordingly.

I'm hoping if I use the keywords of a recent ad, I can get away from the one that is giving me grief because after more than a week - this is getting really old. I have to keep hitting the stop button on my browser in order to get the page reloaded.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #252  
Choose your hard

that may have worked!!!!!!!

Ok, now let me go back and try and get a proper posting to you ladies.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #253  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Mel - I wish there was something I could say or do to make you feel better. I'm working on it. But it is Monday and the cogs turn slowly.

Happy - maybe that is the answer. I seem to remember way back when, if I mentioned certain things in a post, then I got ads that related in one way or another. It's really another form of privacy invasion. However right now, I get a series of links at the top of the page and down the side where I used to get ads, I now only get - visit us on facebook or twitter.

I worked myself to a standstill yesterday. We cleaned, dug, planted, feed and repotted orchids etc., shopped, pulled and pushed things, washed things and dried things and folded things up. And threw stuff on the back of the Ute to go to the dump. I've shifted furniture, dust, been on my knees washing floors, beating rugs and making beds. Once I get this place straight again, the cleaning lady is coming in once a fortnight. That is fo sho as Annie would say (if she ever got her nose out of the vodka lemonade!)
I was so worn out, that I couldn't even face the thought of dinner or cooking anything so I had a shower, sat in the big squashy armchair and gave myself a pedicure. aaaaah. Now the feet feel better.

Right better be off and get on with my Monday. Enjoy what is left of the weekend everyone.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:25 AM   #254  
Choose your hard

Morning all - I thought I had outwitted the advertisement display, but I didn't. Started a post yesterday - DH got to talking to me again. Next thing I knew it was 2 hours later and I had to get running. Same for this morning. We had a pesky opposum on the porch. DH set a trap (a not injuring one) and this morning we have a big fat raccoon in it. I guess this means he will need my car to take it out to the country and relocated it so I'd better get a move on here. Will have to change my lunch plans so I will catch up with you then.

Happy Monday until then.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:44 AM   #255  
Annie - Indiana

D*mn it lost my post...will try again later.