Old 08-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #151  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

<-------IN KEEPING WITH THIS MONTH'S THEME....THESE ARE FOR YOU ANNIE!! I KNOW YOU LIKE THEM "HIGH" I HOPE ALL OUR DREAMS COME TRUE TOO! HERE'S TO YOUR DREAM AND THE COMMUNE
SAM'S MOTHER SOUNDS LIKE RICHIE'S EX!!! I WILL GO CHECK OUT THE BOOK IN A MINUTE.

HAPPY....HOPE YOUR DAY IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN YESTERDAY'S NIGHTMARE. SENDING YOU CALM THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY AHEAD AND HOPE YOU FEEL MUCH BETTER TODAY TOO!

MICHELLE...I THINK WE HAVE SIMILAR WISHES!! I WANT TO ZUMBA, BE DEBT FREE AND HAVE MY EYES "FIXED" TOO! I CRACK MYSELF UP SOMETIMES

I TOOK CARE OF EVERYTHING SO FAR USING THE PHONE/RADIO!! NEVER EVEN LEFT THE HOUSE!! NOW IT'S QUIET HERE...HOPING IT STAYS THAT WAY.

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-18-2010 at 09:43 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #152  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh Mellieeeeee.....I would so where those shoes....I love them....Ok, at the commune, we would have to have a huge shoe closet..I mean ROOM. Ok, Shaddie get to rennovating into a shoe room.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #153  
Happy September

Annie...I googled the book and it sounds good. The review also said it's short. When I read her bio, I remember people telling me about her book about the birth of her baby with Downs Syndrome.
One book that helped me get thru life was a book given to me by a well meaning friend. I had bouts of paralyzing anxiety in of all places...only supermarkets. He was so worried about me he bought the book and hopped in a cab from Manhattan. The book was by Dr Wayne Dyer called "Your Erroneous Zones". It was mainly about me taking charge of me. I have come a LONG way from the mouse I used to be. My friend thought that rather than try to "preach" to me, he'd give me a book to show me there is a better life out there. It worked and I have been forever grateful for him starting me on MY JOURNEY!
I hope this book of yours brings you much needed Happiness....who knows where it will lead!?!?!?

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-18-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #154  
Happy September

SHAD...INCASE YOU NEED A VISUAL...I THINK THIS IS WHAT OUR ANNIE HAD IN MIND

THIS CLOSET IS "Mariah Carey's"

SHE SAID:
"I have about 1,000 pairs of shoes. But lots are in storage," says the Grammy-winning singer. The glamour girl keeps her designer stilettos, wedges and boots uncluttered and artfully on display in her 12,000-square-foot Manhattan triplex. With the help of renowned N.Y.C. decorator Mario Buatta, Carey designed the gold-leaf and bleached-wood floor in the shoe closet. "Like Louis Vuitton luggage," she says, "it will only look better over time."

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-18-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #155  

Good morning ladies. Just a quick flyby - there was a pedestrian accident on my train line that messed up everyone's commute. Bf always claims these accidents are suicides, but there are plenty of stupid and/or careless people out there too, so who knows. Anyway, I didn't arrive at the office until about 10:15. So far not a good commuting week. I'll catch up on your posts and be back later today.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #156  
Annie - Indiana

Oh Mellie...that shoe room is perfect...Shaddie...take notes, that is what I want. I only have about 45 pairs of shoes, so I will have to go shopping to fill it up. LOL I have already read Wayne Dyer's book EZ, back in about 1987 or so...probably should re-read.

Laura...sorry about your commute, dang it the stupid people anyways.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #157  
Annie - Indiana

Another good read is "Who Moved My Cheese" by Spencer Johnson

An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life
Old 08-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #158  

I’m back!

Shad – Sounds like a lovely view you enjoyed. You’re right – there are always more movies, so missing a week or two or three doesn’t bug me at all.

Michelle – Glad you found a solution re Doppler’s eye surgery. As long as the loan can be paid without the tax penalty, it’ll be nice to take care of the surgery and pay off the other debt. It’s obviously a great thing to get rid of the credit card debt and stay rid of it! I hope the two doc visits go well and they give you some good options for controlling your back pain and getting you Zumba-ing again.

Mel – Love the avatar!! LOL about the commune's shoe room plans! Glad you’re feeling more like yourself today. Don’t get too worn out babysitting the office!! It’s so sad that Richie’s dd doesn’t want to go back to her mom. Bf and I are concerned for bf’s niece. One brief stint at living w/ the dad and stepmom as a teen didn’t work because of the step’s rigid discipline, so she was back w/ the mom. The mom had drug/alcohol problems and the niece ended up essentially being the mom for younger siblings and cousins (because the aunt had the same problems as the mom). Now the niece is a single mom struggling financially, and her dad wants to help her get a leg up, but his b*tchy wife controls everything (including $$) and won’t loan money without significant strings. The dad (bf’s brother that we’ve cut ties with because of trouble the wife created) is too weak and materialistic to demand he have a say in the finances and help his dd. Sigh.

Annie – Fingers crossed for your lottery ticket – what a nice dream! I’m willing to contribute in all areas of the commune, and can bake a little bit too, BTW. That book looks interesting. I think I’ll get it from the library after I’m done with the one I have now. For someone who doesn't (didn't) care for self-help books, working on book #2 for the year and planning #3 is quite a turaround!

Happy – Sorry yesterday was beastly for you. Hope today has been better. Glad the pool noise has stopped – too bad the pump may burn out in due time. I hope the house doesn’t sit vacant for too long!! After the movie, we sometimes stand around and chat in the theater lobby or parking lot, but lately not so much. I’d like to be able to talk more afterwards, but usually I have to get home because it’s getting late for a work night.

Hi Ceejay!! Getting a chill is a good change of pace during hot summers!

Yesterday afternoon I paid my $75 one-time fee and signed the waiver, so I’m now able to use the new fitness center in the building. I created a list of all the stuff I’ll need and now I’m wondering how I’ll schlep it all to work with me, LOL. I’ll certainly stock a bag with stuff I can keep at work, but the clothes and towels will need to be carried to and from. Heck, if I survived bringing my big fitness ball to Jazzercise classes, I can manage this!

Last night I took doggy for a walk. It was our normal length walk because it was overcast and cool for a change! I guess the heat and humidity will pick up again in the next day or two, but it’s been a nice break. I didn’t exercise last night because I was rather sore from Monday’s workout, but I’ll get back to it tonight. I think I’ll pack a bag for a workout tomorrow at the fitness center. Happy, I do like good sweaty workouts, but I can’t imagine finishing a vigorous workout and jumping straight into the show before I even get a chance to stop sweating. I’ve always gone home to shower after my Jazzercise classes or gym workouts and by the time I got there, I’d stopped sweating. I guess I’ll have to build in adequate cool-down time.

That’s about it! Ciao for now!

Last edited by Laura705; 08-18-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi every one. I'm in a bit of a downer mood. Why I do not know! and the front desk told me they started the cut off list today. It's huge. Hopefully the customers have all paid their bill and have been turned back on.

Last edited by ceejay52; 08-18-2010 at 06:02 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #160  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
And yes it is still morning - just.

Mel - yes I see the rivercats (ferries) going up and down the river and some pleasurecraft. At the moment there is someone's dream boat (probably more than $1M worth judging by size) parked outside the Drift cafe which juts out over the river. Nice place but a bit rich for the wallet at $39 for a 2 course meal for lunch!!!
We've also had the Police boats zapping up and down this morning. Don't know what is going on upstream but since a helicopter joined the fray, I suspect someone is doing something stupid.
Why does Richie have to pay the ex when he has the kids for all summer just about.?

Michelle - hope the Dr's appointments went well and you get some good information to go forward with.
I know what you mean about the interest rate on credit cards. I'm like Happy. Mine gets paid off every month - just to hack the bank off. They tell me I am so good and they would like to up the limit. I say what for??? Do I use it that much? Not bleeding likely. DB2 got himself into yards of trouble doing just that.

Annie - Don't wake up from the dream. However you better import some eye candy for those of us who are single. They can be quartered somewhere distant so they don't disturb the harmony in the house. I've got the hint re the shoe room. We will have to section it off for each one of us. My area will be very small. I don't have that many shoes. Trust Mel to come up with the graphical design.

Laura - commutes can be a real PIA. I know, I do one every morning. Good to hear that you have joined the gym. When I was going to gym close to work, I brought in one complete change of clothes. The clothes went into a carry bag at the end of gym and I left my shoes in the office - full of foot odour powder - for the week. That way I didn't have to cart shoes around too often, only took them home at weekends.

Ceejay - sounds like you are about to get a few grumpy phone calls. No wonder you are on a downer.

Happy - hope the day sparks up for you today. Hate those frustrating days at work.

Speaking of which I had better get back to it. Nearly got one module completely finished - only 6 more to go. It seems that they want to extend me for another month. Fine by me. I hope they get around to telling me what they want me to do sometime before the end of that time. But at least it gives me time to get on with the doco.

Oh yes and Chris (ex Japan) is coming over for a visit at the end of September. Yippee - I need to sort out some places to go and things to do. I think the flower festival is on in Toowoomba in September, but not sure when.

See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #161  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

I'm going to have to check in later. I have tons of work to get done this morning. The doc appts went pretty well.

Hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:15 AM   #162  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS
NOTHING NEW. JUST LOUNGED AROUND YESTERDAY AND SORTED OUT SOME PROBLEMS. I AM REALLY SOOO DONE WITH THAT PART OF MY LIFE. I WAS OUTSIDE FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AND WENT TO THE LITTLE STORE. JEN CALLED LAST NIGHT. THEY ARE GOING STRAIGHT FROM THE TRAILER TO THE AIRPORT. THE KID IS CRYING HER HEART OUT. THE GOODBYES ARE ALWAYS SO SAD.
I MIGHT GO OUT TODAY AS WELL. IT WAS ONLY 67 DEGREES WHEN I WOKE UP. GNNA BE A GREAT DAY I THINK.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TOO

LAURA...SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE TRAIN ACCIDENT AND THE BF'S NIECE. IT SHOCKS ME HOW MANY CHILDREN ARE ABUSED EVERY DAY OF EVERY YEAR. SAD. HIS POOR NIECE HAS NEITHER PARENT...THAT'S EVEN WORSE. TOO BAD THE DAD HAS NO BACKBONE.
HOPE YOU LIKE THE NEW FACILITY. WITH ALL YOUR "STUFF" AROUND YOU IT WILL BE A MINI HOME AWAY FROM HOME!! LOL

CEEJAY...I HAVE BEEN A "MISS CRANKY PANTS" FOR 2 DAYS NOW. :rollpIN: HOPE WE BOTH ARE IN BETTER MOIODS BY THE WEEKEND!! SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT ALL THOSE CUSTOMERS. WOW. SENDING A SISTER A HUG

SHAD...HOW GREAT THAT YOU AND CHRIS WILL BE TOGETHER....AND IN TOOWOOMBA NO LESS THAT NAME STILL CRACKS ME UP! HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH HERE AND YOU BOTH GET TO ENJOY THE VISIT. GOOD NEWS ABOUT YOUR MONTH EXTENTION ON THE JOB. MIGHT BE NICE IF THEY SAID WHAT THEY WANTED...BUT GETTING PAID AND DOING NOTHING WOULD BE GOOD TOO...NO?? NOW I WANT TO KNOW TOO WHAT HAPPENED UPSTREAM WITH THE HELICOPTER AND COP BOATS!!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #163  
Happy September

WAVING TO MICHELLE FOR THE 2ND DAY IN A ROW...YOU SNEAKY KID YOU!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:37 AM   #164  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning and Happy Thursday....

MEL...Still loving the watermelon shoe avatar....if I could find them to buy, I just might and wear them...lol Toowoomba is a funny sounding name. Kind of reminds me of the movie Fried Green Tomatos when Kathy Bates is in the parking lot of the grocery ramrodding that car that took her spot and she shouts "TOOOOWAAANDA". LMAO

Shaddie...have they ever told you what they want you to do at that job or do you just make up sh*t as you go. lol Another month of pay sounds good any way you look at it. The flower festival sounds absolutely beautiful. Wonder if we have any of those here in Indiana. I doubt it, probably a corn festival..lol

Laura...good for you for signing up for the gym. Now the next and very hardest step is GOING....I do good for about 3 months then I suck at it. I don't know if I lose interest or think it is not doing me much good. My mind is always in a quander about EVERYTHING. Plus I hate hate hate exercising.

Chelle...please do fill us in on the doc appts when you get a chance. I am real curious as to what they suggest. I hope it is all good stuff.

Ceejay....seems like when one of just gets out of that downer mode the next one of us chickies falls into it. Hope your spirits are up and you are feeling better.

Here is one for MELLIE...the truck we got in yesterday at CVS had not only fall crap but also a bit of CHRISTMAS crap on it. YIKES...yes, I wanted to crap at that site. lol.

The camera's at CVS caught one of the associates stealing booze, cigs and soda over the past few months. Loss prevention came in when she was working on Tuesday, took her up to the office and confronted her. She admitted to it and they walked her out the door right there. So now we are short handed. I have a feeling I am going to get more hours than I want in the next few weeks till they hire someone new. What a dumb*ss, the store has like a bizillion cameras in it and they do watch the tapes.

I bought a 12 pack of FRESCA the other day as I used to love love love that soda, but haven't had any in 10 years or so. Now I am not a soda drinker and am really not supposed to drink soda with this bariatric BS, but I am once again hooked on this stuff. For those who don't know what Fresca is, it is a "original citrus sparkling flavored soda". Kind of tastes a bit like grapefruit. Goes well with vodka, but not going there. Zero calories but does have sweetner. I know, not good but better for me than Starbucks and margaritas. One bad vice for another bad vice. At least I don't smoke. Well I only smoke after sex and it is not cigs, it is my hot body. LOLOLOLOL

Gotta get busy. Hello to all ya'll.

Much love and many hugs,
Old 08-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #165  
Annie - Indiana

Copied this from another thread, sounds interesting...

But being in perimenopause & having so many wildly unnameable cravings, I thought maybe my hormones might just be really outta whack. Soooo..... I got wind of this book "THE HORMONE DIET" (Rodale Books) and decided to take the "are your hormones outta whack?" test... and guess what? THEY REALLY ARE. It claims that the weight that JUST.WILL.NOT.BUDGE! -no matter how much you exercise/diet... can be due to our hormones being crazy off-balance, and that by balancing your hormones, you will lose weight, sleep better, have better sex life (hey, that never hurts, LOL!) etc