Old 08-20-2010, 06:20 PM   #181  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I WENT DOWN TO GET THE MAIL AND FOUND THE OFFICE WAS WORKING ON MY "TO DO" LIST I ALSO FOUND NOTES IN BOTH ELEVATORS TO MAKE SURE THE TENANTS DID NOT COME TO MY DOOR THIS WEEKEND. OMG!! SOMEONE FINALLY ACTED ON MY TIRADE OF LAST WEEK AND MONDAY!!! THEY EVEN PRINTED UP A SIGN IN 2 LANGUAGES AND POSTED IT RIGHT OUTSIDE MY OWN FRONT DOOR!
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???? I AM STILL IN SHOCK. AND THE MAINT MAN TOOK MY SHOPPING LIST DOWN TO THE LITTLE STORE AND TOLD THEM TO DELIVER IT TO ME!! HE SAID IT WAS TOO HOT & HUMID FOR ME TO GO OUTSIDE TODAY.
WTF CAME OVER THEM ALL??? WONDER HOW LONG THIS TREATMENT WILL LAST??? HONESTLY FELT GOOD TO BE QUEEN FOR A DAY
OK...GOTTA GO AND TAKE MY SHOWER. PBS TV IS CALLING ME SOON!!
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT & MORNING

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/s...TGIFYippee.gif

ANNIE....ABOVE IS THE ADDIE OF THE GIF...I HAVEN'T GOT ANOTHER ADDIE. I STOLE IT FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE SOMEONE USED IT ON
THANK GOD SOMEONE GOT A LOG CABIN MORNING!! MUST BE ALL THAT HOT CHIT YOU EAT!! I HAVE MY SIGN ON THE DOOR SINCE 12 NOON!!

HAPPY....SORRY THE SITE WAS WONKY. IT WAS OK WHEN I WAS ON...MAYBE I WRECKED IT

LAURA....GLAD THE GYM WAS EMPTY. HOPE THE NEXT TRIP GES WELL. I HEAR YA ON GETTING OUTSIDE AT SOME POINT DURING THE DAY. I FEEL SAD WHEN I DON'T FEEL DAYLIGHT ON MY SKIN OR IN MY EYES. I CAN'T BELIEVE 700 SIGNED UP!! HOLY COW! I AM SHOCKED!! HAVE FUN WITH THE LUNCHEON FRIEND...SAVE ME SOME HASH BROWNS!!!

MICHELLE...MY HEART BREAKS FOR YOU. IT'S A TOUGH TIME YOU'RE GOING THRU. YOU MIGHT JUST HAVE TO LEARN MODERATION IN ALL MOVEMENT YOU DO AND BE CONSCIOUS OF HOW YOU SIT AT THE COMPUTER. KEEP THE BACK STRAIGHT. CHANGE THE HEIGHT OF THE SCREEN AND HOW YOU WATCH TV...MAKE SURE IT'S HEAD ON AND NOT WITH YOUR NECK TURNED. SOMETIMES SIMPLE THINGS CAN MAKE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE IN THE "PAIN GAME". YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN....IT'S A TOUGH PILL TO SWALLOW I THINK YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT ROAD. FIND OUT EXACTLY WHAT IT IS, RESEARCH IT, MAKE THE NECESSARY CHANGES IN YOUR LIFE AND MOVE ON. SENDING YOU LOTS OF LOVE, HUGS & HEALING THOUGHTS

CEEJAY....WITH ALL THE SCAM,S OUT THERE IT IS WISE OF YOU TO GO THERE IN PERSON. GOOD DECISION!!! THEY SHOUOLD HAVE SENT A BILL. ALL JEN'S ER BILLS CAME IN. THEY STILL DO HARD COPIES UP HERE. GOOD LUCK WITH THE CABLE GUY. HOPE IT NALL WORKS AND YOU GET TO ENJOY THE NEW TV!!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-21-2010 at 07:18 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:26 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

michelle
My aunt and uncle have a theraputic bed. I don't hear any complaints about it. When I bough my bed, I bought a pillow top matress. It's is so compfy and I don't have as many lower back twinges in the morning when i get up.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:48 AM   #183  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all, from a beautiful sunny winters day in Queensland where the temp is around 22 degrees - 74F and a light breeze is blowing from the north and the washing is drying nicely. The cat is being a bore.

I went to go to the gym this morning only to find that the class I wanted is now only on Thurdsday nights. So guess where I will be next Thursday. Meantime I will use the weekend gym to do some cardio and weights.

I'm busy sorting out paperwork - both mine and DS2's - he can never keep it in any form of order. And then comes tax time and he can't find all his receipts etc. Which is always my fault because I put them away.

So excuse the no personals at this time. If I don't carry on, it will NEVER get done. I'll be back later when it is.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:12 AM   #184  
Happy September

NOTHING NEW SINCE LAST NIGHT. A BALMY 64 DEGREES WHEN I WOKE. BIG DIFFERENCE FROM YESTERDAY. BUT IT FEELS GOOD TO HAVE THE WINDOWS OPEN. HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.

TO CEEJAY AND SHAD. CEEJAY IS PEACEFULLY SLEEPING ON HER PILLOW TOP AND SHAD IS OUT THERE ROUNDING UP STRAY BILLS......WELL ACTUALLY SHE IS TUCKED UP IN BED WITH A BOOK BY NOW OR SNORING!!'

HAPPY SATURDAY!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-21-2010 at 07:13 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #185  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Saturday chicks,

We were hoping to go fishing today...but Mother Nature threw us a curve ball yesterday in the form of 74 mph straight line winds that broke off about 1/3 of our lovely willow tree (my favorite tree in the yard). As sad as I am about that, I'm VERY grateful that we're fine, the dogs are fine, the house is fine, and even though the power was out for 8 hours, the food in the frig was still cold. So it's all good. Just means that DH and I have LOTS of work to do today. His knee and my back be darned. He'll be taking a chain saw to the part of the tree that fell, and I'll be sending the smaller pieces through the wood chipper. Don't worry...I won't lose a limb, I've used it before - just not on a project this big. He'll even set me up with a chair and bring the stuff to me, so I can keep my back supported as much as possible. I'll take a photo of what's left of my beautiful willow tree beforehand.

DMIL and I were out shopping when it hit. With the wind and the torrential rain, it was hard to see the road. And then trees and tree branches were falling all around in town...so it felt much like a video game dodging fallen and FALLING branches/trees. I even think I ran a couple stop signs accidentally because I was so focused on trying to find a path out of the mess and the stuff that was falling. Luckily there weren't many cars on the road (the smart folks were already indoors I guess). We got home safely. Our neighbor down the street had a tree that fell on his car...luckily it was a pine with "fluffy" branches that cushioned the fall because we couldn't see any damage to the car.

So the plan for the day is now to clean up the debris in the backyard and watch the Packer preseason game tonight with both of us on pain meds no doubt.

BTW, the MRI went fine...they hooked me up to good music to listen to and I just kept my eyes closed so I couldn't see the confined space.

Ceejay - It wasn't really an hour inside the MRI. More like 25 minutes. It wasn't too bad. The hardest part for me is laying COMPLETELY still...I have to make darn sure I'm in a comfy position before they start. As for the hospital bills, you should definitely get a statement...good for you for getting down there to get one. Glad you got proper meds from your doc to take care of your pleurisy. And how nice that your TV works now!! As for mattresses, we've got a pillow top and it was wonderful at first (12 years ago)..but I think it's getting worn out over time. Then again, aren't we all?!

Mel - It sounds like people are really taking care of you!! It's about time! So nice that they put up do not disturb signs for you and got your groceries delivered. No need to be sad for me. I'm doing okay, emotionally and more or less physically. I've gotta do what I've gotta do...like today it's help to clean up debris. I can still do almost anything I want (even something's I probably shouldn't - like walk around Chicago for an entire day). So it's all good. Don't you (or any of you chicks) go worrying your sweet heads about me. I don't. If I have to practice moderation in movement so be it. No big deal. BTW, I love the kitty picture!!

Shad - Sounds like a lovely day in Queensland! Good luck with the paperwork sorting.

A big and to all my wonderful friends!

Love you all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:00 PM   #186  
Happy September

MICHELLE....GOOD NEWS About the mri going well. even better news was finding out everyone there is ok after furious winds like that. wow!! freaky. hope you have a great weekend!! stay dry and with both feet on the ground!!
lost my caps!! sorry!! i loved the cat too! lol

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-23-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #187  

Hi Everone!

Ceejay - Yeh, the hospital should send you a statement - paying what I'm sure is a sizable medical bill over the phone - WTF is that about?! Glad your cable is all good now - what would we do w/o tv, LOL. Hope the meds take care of the fever and you feel back to normal again lickety split. I need to look up pleurisy...

Shad - Sounds like my kind of winter!! So they changed the class schedule on you - glad you can make it on Thursdays. I went to the gym for the water aerobics class this morning and the pool was closed for the annual maintenance. Oops. Thats what I guess for missing class the past Saturdays.

Mel - I'm glad someone finally is giving you get the treatment you deserve!!! Save all those signs for future use!!! Good advice to Michelle - I was having some minor (but annoying) pain in my back and I started paying attention to how I sat at my desk at work in front of the computer. I'd gotten into the habit of sitting on the edge of my seat, crossing my legs and twisting my body to face the other part of my desk. Now I'm sitting back in my chair, taking advantage of the lumbar support, legs uncrossed and feet on the floor, and the pain is now on the decline - I just need to keep watching how I'm sitting. I'd love to have a chair like that in our home office!

Michelle - I'm so sorry about what happened to your tree! It's a shame for a mature tree to be lost or damaged like that. Hope you and dh didn't overdo it today - the debris will still be there tomorrow ya know!! Your drive home sounded scary, and not unlike a couple drives home bf and I have had when the weather is severe. Actually, I think our drives were more in the aftermath of that weather and we were in shock at the amount of damage sustained in the neighborhood.

Hellos to Annie & Happy.

So as I mentioned to Shad - no water aerobics class today. I wasn't all broken up about it, lol. Good sign that it really isn't the best class for me. Anyway, I stopped at the library on the way home and picked up a few books. When I got home, though, I did decide to do The Firm's Cardio Party workout I have on dvd. Forty minutes later I was very sweaty and glad I did it.

Bf and I went to a shoe repair shop that's authorized to work on Birkenstocks. I'm having the soles replaced. The cork is still okay. The total will be about half the cost of a new pair, so it's worth it to me. I miss them already because they are the most comfy sandal I've worn, but they'll be ready to pick up on Thursday.

After that we went to the New Balance store. BF found his new sneakers right away, while I tried on four pairs and one pair I tried on about 3 times just trying to make sure it was "the one", LOL. But now I'm convinced my orthotic needs adjustment, so I've decided I WILL see the recommended foot doc and start the process again. The shoe repair shop is also an orthotic lab, and I thought the owner was quite knowlegeable, so I'm thinking if I need a new orthotic or an adjustment to my existing one, I'd ask the new foot doc if he could outsource the work to this guy.

I harvested some tomatoes and chilis from the veg patch, but I'm not in the mood to do anything else right now. I might buy a red onion, cilantro and limes and make a batch of salsa with my tomatoes and chili peppers. And there's always a load of laundry to do. Need to get motivated!

TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #188  

I needed to do some yard work today And I suppose that I have more my mom's blood in me than I thought. I ended up mowing the lawn. I'm thinking that my lawn care person doesn't want to do it any more as he only shows up may be twice a month. My lawn has that inch by night grass and some of it looks as if it goes to seed each week. Also did the weed eating and blew the grass off the side walks and drive way. I took many extended breaks. And I was hoping that I could sweat off some of these toxins. But I know I have exhausted myself to the point that I'm ready for bed And I'm dressed for bed at 6.30 p.m.

Michelle
So sad to hear that the storm took half of the willow tree but glad to hear that you and mil made it back home during the storm.

Laura
Isn't it fun to shop for shoes. I have never tried to make my own salsa. It should be easy enough to do though.

Mel
you really should keep those signs and hang them up every week end. maybe you should make a to do list for the office every week end.

To Happy and Annie
Old 08-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #189  
Happy September

HAPPY SUNDAY CHICKLETTES!!
OR MONDAY!!
HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GOOD WEEKEND.
TODAY IS DARK AND RAINY AND I COULD USE A QUIET DAY. HAD SOME ALARMS YESTERDAY. THEY KEPT ME GOING. THE LAST ONE WAS AT MIDNIGHT. 11:59
I WAS ALSO A SLOTH AND GOT NOTHING DONE BUT IT FELT GOOD WENT OUTSIDE FOR JUST A BIT CAUSE NO ONE WAS THERE SOOOOO QUIET. JUST ME, THE BIRDS & THE BEES! TRY AS I MIGHT BUT THEY WOULDN'T SHUT UP.
I MIGHT DO NOTHING AGAIN TODAY AND THEN TACKLE MOUNT WASHMORE TOMORROW. HAVE A SUPER DAY

CEEJAY......GOOD IDEA ABOUT THE TO DO LIST BUT THEY SEEM TO LOSE THEM!! YOU CERTAINLY GOT A LOT DONE AROUND THE YARD! WOW...GREAT EXERCISIE. NO WONDER I WAS SO TIRED!! HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD SLEEP. HOW'S THE NEW TV WORKING WITH CABLE NOW??

LAURA....SALSA!! I USED TO LOVE THAT ON A BAKED POTATO YUM!! ALL IF US WILL BRING THE DRINKS AND YOU GET THE TACO CHIPS!! IT WOULD BE NICE IF THIS GUY KNOWS HIS STUFF AND CAN HELP YOU GET THE RIGHT FIT. HOPE YOU GET THE DR TO AGREE, JEN LOVES HER BERKIES!! IT'S ONE OF THE FEW "SHOES" SHE FEELS COMFORTABLE WITH AND CAN STILL WALK WELL IN. GLAD TO HEAR THEY CAN BE RESOLED. WONDER IF SHE KNOWS THAT? THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!
Old 08-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #190  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

We got about half of the tree debris cleaned up, and then our next door neighbor pointed out another large tree branch that had nearly broken off, and is in danger of hitting our shed if it comes down. It's so high up and the way it's situated, we'll need a professional to take it down safely. Right now, it's resting on other branches of the tree. And then our garage door broke - the cable snapped - and it torqued and twisted so badly that we probably need to replace our garage door opener. Luckily we have a home warranty that we renew every year...so it should only cost us $50.

I've got website work this morning and then it's back to mulching the branches with the wood chipper. We've got lots of good mulch for the garden, that's for sure.

Speaking of the garden...I have way more tomatoes than I know what to do with! Please share your salsa recipes or any recipes that will help me use them up! Thanks!

Mel - Thanks for the reminder about posture. It is important and I do try and sit up with my back against the lumbar support in my chair, feet on the floor, etc. Sometimes I forget and lapse into slouching, but my back quickly reminds me. Alarms all day until Midnight! I hope you do rest and relax today. I cracked up at "Mount Washmore"! Too funny!

Laura - Good for you for doind an aerobic DVD!! You're right, it's no fun driving in severe weather or even in the aftermath when you don't know what might be down across the road. That's neat you can get your Birkies repaired. Did you end up buying the pair you thought was "the one" at the New Balance store?

Ceejay - Wow! For someone with pleurisy, you sure got a lot done!! Don't overdo it, girlfriend. Give the medicines a chance to work and your body a chance to get better.

A big to everyone!

Time to get website work done before I go tackle "Mount Brushmore" outside!

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #191  

Hello ladies!

Ceejay - Good for you getting the lawn mowed, but sounds like you wore yourself out. Bf has a job on his hands because he let ours go for too long (both time and length) AGAIN. Anway - hope today's a nice restful day for you - or are you at work?

Michelle - Sorry you can't get to the other branch that needs to be removed. I did end up buying the pair of NB's that turned out to be "the one". Hope I still feel that way after wearing them a bit.

Mel - Have fun scaling Mt. Washmore, lol. I have a load that should be done now. I put my nylon purse in there, even though the care instructions said to clean w/ a sponge. This is a well made bag, so it shouldn't get ruined from being laundered.

I'm a bit cranky at the moment. Bf was rushing around prepping for a work thing and the printer wasn't printing and he got angry and started ranting. And that upsets the dog and really irritates me. He left, thankfully. All is quiet.

I went w/ the dog in the yard and ended up doing some weeding, which is like drying a water drop in an ocean-sized flood. Mt. Weedmore - doesn't sound as good as Mt. Washmore or Mt. Brushmore though, LOL. I hate that overwhelming feeling...and the hot, sweaty, dirt-under-the-nails feeling. I think I'm ready for the townhouse w/ the postage stamp 90% brick paver yard. I love beautiful gardens, but maybe my version should be something tiny with a bunch of beautiful potted plantings. Watering isn't nearly as bad as the weeding. And there are plenty of lovely gardens to visit...

Not sure what I'm going to do w/ the rest of the day. Bf has the car, but when he gets back, I'm sort of in the mood to just take off and browse some stores. For now I'm going to take care of that load of laundry.

TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 08-22-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #192  

Morning all,

I didn't forget about you yesterday. I was just so busy that it is one of the things I never got around to doing. Yesterday was such a beautiful day to be outside. The help came around and we mowed, picked up rubbish, put the tree stumps in bags and took them to the old folks home (I pulled out a tree when the gate went in) - some of the old folk are quite handy at carving or whittling or whatever and if they don't get it quite right the log can go on the fire. Keeps them warm in winter, gives me satisfaction in doing something for the oldies and keeps the guilts for chopping down a tree at bay - and if the oldies manage to carve something halfway decent, I get to see what they can do. Then they sell it if it is reasonable and have themselves a treat or two.
L pressure hosed down the driveway and front verandah. Now it looks much cleaner and tidier (since we got ride of the junk pile as well.
Following that I cleaned out the pantry and did the kitchen bench and tidied and dusted the dining area and the lounge area. Crikey we have some quite nice furniture under all that paperwork and crap. Tonight I should get onto hanging some pictures in the hall. and deciding which happy snaps should go into the rogues gallery in my room. Still a lot of work to do in the house. But I will get there eventually.
My friend Mick who got me this job rang over the weekend to tell me about all the work he has lined up for me for the next ???? months/ years. I told him that he was about to work me into an early grave but that's okay I wasn't going to get much of a pension anyway. Being the generous soul that he is, he got all flustered that I might not make the grade and become overextended and not be able to cope. It was all I could do not to laugh. Then I told him what dates I needed to be off work - for Chris's visit and for the Dnieces wedding in March and he tells me that I must take family time because it is precious and necessary. He's a very genuine country Aussie and sometimes I think it would be very easy to take advantage of him. Gotta love the man.
Speaking of work, I heard from another recruiter on Friday for a job which would take me around Queensland for about a year. I've sent away my cv and told Mick I have done it, but the first contract on the table gets the lady. Don't care which one it is, just give me one.

Ceejay - Ensure you don't overdo the pressure on your blood vessels while you are doing all this work in the heat and humidity. It seems that you are better, but things can still happen after those operations.

Laura - my ex used to do that to me. It was always my fault that the printer was out of paper or needing plugging in or something and I never taught him enough to be able to do things on the computer @#$%@%^^&
Quite frankly every time I tried to explain something he always knew that anyway.

Michelle - so sorry to hear about the trees, however it is amazing how well they grow back. Give them a year and you'll not see where the damage has been. Wish I could send over the DS2 with chainsaw. He'd be up your tree like a monkey and your branch would be history in no time. He does it for me quite frequently and I have to send him up the Silky Oak again soon to clear out some dead branches.

Mel - them birdies never shut up. They will actually talk to you in my yard. You can carry on a conversation with the cheeky little things and tell them all the troubles. Neither of you actually understand what the other is saying - kinda reminds me of the conversations I had with my Mum when her dementia was full blown.
Picture below is the male Fairy Wren. His mate is cream and brown without the blue. They are only a couple of inches long. They breed in the bottlebrush tree in the front yard.

Having said all that, I had better go and get on with my day. Monday, Monday - Better go fast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fairy_wren_3.jpg (27.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #193  

We had a powerful thunder storm last night with some very close lightning strikes. one of the lightning strikes splintered a tree at one of our local motels. luckily it didn't do any damage to the building. i'm not sure about any cars. We ended up not having internet at work. my co-worker was slightly nervous this morning but who wouldn't be.

Laura
Hope you got to go shopping retail shopping therapy.

Shad
i understand about your concern with me being out in this heat. i really should not have done it, but the lawn really needed it.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:28 PM   #194  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Evening My Dear Ladies.......

Oh what a day....CVS I took one 5 minute pp break. On my feet for 8.5 hours at the register. Can you say busy....no lunch or breaks. I hate to clock out when I am there, I would rather work and get paid that 30 minutes than take a lunch. I made the Ramen noodle stir fry before going into work, quite delish I might add, so was full and didn't need a lunch anyway.

Doug, the hill jack came up Friday night and took me to dinner. We just went down to the little pub down the street. I had a shrimp dinner that was quite tasty. He left for home by 10:30 pm, as he lives 2 hours from my house.

Hella Bella is driving me absolutely nuts tonight, running in and out, wanting treats and I think a bit jealous as I had to go by Jen's to let her two Golden Retreivers out to potty, give them their meds and feed them. They are to two sweetest girls ever. Butter and Gypsy. So sweet and loving, unlike Hella unless she is scared, jealous, or just misses me. Poor Butter is epiletic and has to have meds twice a day. But so sweet. It is funny when dogs have human illnesses.

Ceejay...thank God you have your cable back. I don't watch much TV but by golly when I do I want it to work.

MELLLIE...take the good treatment they are giving you and don't question it as who knows how long it will last. Thanks for the website, I am going to check it out in a bit. The cartoon was great and I truly believe that is the reason I cannot keep my head out of the fridge. lol

Shaddie Shaddie Shaddie....I am convinced you could keep the entire world organized. Could you come and live with me for a couple of months, years. centuries???

Chelle...I have been thinking...maybe you could benefit from wearing some kind of back brace....maybe not a ginormous one but some kind with a bit of support for your back....is it your upper or lower back? Or all your back? I worry about you, my friend.

Laura....good for you getting shoes you like and fit well. That is the main thing that they fit well and feel good. Salsa...yum...you talking my language now, my sista friend.

Happy...hi snookems, what the heck are you up to this weekend? or did I miss something? God only knows cause my mind fails me often. lol

Going to King's Island in the morning with baby girl. I am so stoked. I think I am more excited about it than my baby girl. I took Tuesday as a vacation day also to recover from Monday. LOL...I know my body will be feeling it and I will have the headache from ****. But so well worth it.

Haven't visited dad since last Sunday, the brothers are covering it, but do you know how d*mn guilty I feel about it. I am SICK of feeling guilty about things. Anyway....

I must get off of here. It is 9:30 pm, about an hour later than I like to retire, altho I don't sleep, I like to get in there about 8:30 pm in hopes of sleeping by midnight or so.

Hello to all...King's Island tomorrow, so probably won't check in.

Much love and lots of hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:57 PM   #195  

Feel like having a bit of a whinge, and there is you lot so nice and handy to whinge to.

We shifted to this 'new' building. I can only presume the rent must be cheaper. It is slowly - well maybe not so slowly - falling to bits. Some of you may remember me going on and on about Faulty Towers in Townsville. Well it has a twin brother - JOX in Brisbane.

1. The lifts work, but shudders and shakes and take for ever to rise three floors groaning and wheezing all the time. It's like being on the inside of a tin can in there too. Dark and pungent
2. We have a poultergiest. Every so often there is a big thump/ bang from outside the window. Nothing has hit the window, just this loud bang from somewhere outside and it is not traffic accidents. No one can work out where it is coming from
3. The hot water boiler thingy wont stop pouring boiling water all over the bench. It finally got turned off and someone brought in an urn. Today it boiled dry and set the fire alarms off and then no one could turn the fire alarms off. However instead of having us evacuate the building, in the middle of all these signs and signals, there came a message that this was just a test of the fire alarms and not to do anything except work. That went on from 7.30am to around 9.00am
4. I've tried setting my mail account name into the printer so I can scan things like my timesheet. It just spits me out everytime telling me I don't exist. Maybe I'll sit naked on the thing and so it knows that there is plenty of me which does exist.
5. The ladies loo has 2 doors to get through before you actually get to the loo. Don't ask me why, but the Architect may well have been stoned when he designed this one. The out door opens inwards and the inner door opens outwards. Guess what happens when someone is coming in at the same time as someone else is going out?
6. Added to that, the door opener/shutter thingy of the inner door has managed to split the timber on the door and lost it's connection screw. It now sits half open and you can not open it any further and it won't close. I'm not huge but I can just manage to squeeze around it. Lord knows what some of the bigger women in this place do. Oh and you can't shut the outer door while you are squeezing past the inner one either.
7. Some of the window frames appear to leak. This is really exciting considering that the entire outer of the building is glass. I don't think I want the window cleaners to clean the pidgeon poop off incase I get a leak in my office as well. I'm sure that's the only thing stopping the rain coming in. The office next door leaks from above and drips through the ceiling panels.

All in all, the only good part of this building is the view.

There I have had my whinge. I feel better now