Old 08-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
I'm working an extra day for my co-worker. Things settled down yesterday.

I'm looking forward to my treat tomorrow.

Mel
I'm with you on the slimming down for 7 years. We should be very small. Glad you are enjoying the cooler weather. Me too. It's going to be nice this week also down South.

Annie
I like the title for the September thread. I honesly need to get back into things but mentally I'm not prepared even though the cardiologist wants my good cholesterol raised. My sister says this is the part that heriditary and we both may have to take med's for it. She has the same problem. And she is deligent about it. We get it from my mom and she had to take med's.

Michelle
Enjoy the baseball game. Hope doc #2 has a better diagnosis for you. My uncle's doctor had to fuse his spine this last time. He still has some pain but it's tolerable.

Laura
I keep forgetting about the LIbrary. Did you lock the bf in the basement?! I missed that part.

Happy
I'm never a happy camper when we have tours.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #227  

Good morning ladies.

Shad - Hmmm, that's a mystery - a screen in the doco that you can't find in the system. And the fun continues...

Michelle - Sorry doc1's suggestion was not a pleasant one. Fingers crossed for doc2's recommendation. Enjoy the baseball game today. If you're weather's nice like it is here, it'll be a nice day to be outdoors.

Mel - Glad you're feeling better. Enjoy the weather coming your way. We've got the 70's today and I'm loving it! Lol re locking up bf after seeing Javier!

Happy - I'm not surprised that it's ads that are slowing down the site. That happens a lot elsewhere. I wrote a nasty e-mail to another site about how slow their site's gotten. Like my complaint would matter. But I do avoid that site now, so there.

Ceejay - Don't forget the library! I usually don't read books a second time, so I prefer to borrow vs. buying. I'm glad we have a library. I had a boss that didn't have one in his district and he would have to pay extra to access the library in a neighboring area.

Hi Annie!

Gotta run, time to call in for a meeting.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #228  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning on this Fine Thursday Morning....

Dentist went well this morning...teeth all clean, hate to use them now. lol...no cavities and no problems....don't go back for another 6 mos. It is never that bad at the dentist, they are very easy and never hurt me even once, but man I hate going and am tense the entire time I am there.

Today's work prob...neither keyed, locked door will close. Have called building maintenance for repair. Any crazy can now walk in here and go postal. Being an insurance company, it is very possible. lol

Stopped by dad's last night he is looking pretty good. PT is working on his posture and not shuffling when he walks. There are a lot of elderly that do that. He really needs to build core strength. All and all he is doing better. He has gone from a 54 waist pants to a 44 waist. Still needs to come down quite a bit as he is only 5'11". See what eating healthy and moving can do for us? Maybe I need to go to PT with him. lol

Shaddie...I am convinced that place expects you to read minds and be magical at the same time. What a blasted headache those "blokes" can be. May the force be with you sista.

Chelle...hope all goes well with the docs today and a solution is found. We want a full report, you got it, good. I love water arobics when I did them, could take the clorine either and I don't have asthma probs, so I feel for you. Probably cause a lot of the elderly that take them pee in the pool. lol

MELLIE...enjoy the outdoors my sista, it is absolutely beautiful here too. 75-80 degrees, no humidity and sunny. Perfect day for a picnic. I may go to subway and eat outside at the picnic table AND take a walk....so there. and yes we have been slimming for a LONG time, some of us are just a slower and take our time.....gitty up all y'all.

Happy...slow down, no running allowed in the plant...have a great day.

Ceejay....my cholestrol was awful before I lost weight and it is hereditary in my family also. But now it runs perfectly. It was 163 about a month ago.

Laura...have a great day and stay away from Olive Garden. It does sound quite good right now as I am hungry and have not used my clean teeth yet.

Everyone have a Tremendous Thursday/Friday...Hello to youse.

Love and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:23 AM   #229  

I'm back, meeting's over.

Didn't do much of anything other than walking the dog. Never got around to doing my BE workout. I brought my workout clothes today. I'll use the elliptical today because my feet have been feeling sore.

Speaking of my feet... I made the appt w/ the foot doc. Not until next Friday, and I guess I'll be taking that day off because I scheduled the appt for 1 pm and the train schedule doesn't quite work with the timing. Although I could take the Blue Line instead of Metra. But either plan would be contingent on bf being able to meet me w/ the car. Not good plans, so I think taking that day off or working from home for the morning would be better.

Haven't determined what time I'll hit the fitness center (FC) today. I was thinking of taking a short lunch and leaving 45 min. early to do my workout. I could take the train that leaves 15 min later than my usual one and that would give me enough time to exercise and clean up.

Okay, enough thinking out loud. Have a good day everyone.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #230  

Annie - Yay, no cavities, no pain, clean teeth. Enjoy your sub picnic and the walk. Good to hear dad's shaping up!

Hope the doors are fixed quickly. On our floor, two offices are strictly for the tax auditors. One time one of them asked me to let him in (we need keycards to access our space) and I asked who he was there to see and he said he was with the IRS and then announced "I am the IRS." What a butthead. His partner looked embarassed to be with him. I wish I'd told him he needed to go back to reception and get a pass, but the company doesn't need me giving the tax auditors a hard time...
Old 08-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #231  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Yeah Laura, and you should of told him you had PMS.....bah humbug.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #232  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

The doco that I whinged about yesterday was written a while back and I think some of the 'powers that be' have changed their minds several times since then. I also have a sneaking suspicion that the field I can't find is only visible when certain actions have been taken prior to the work order being completed. However, this documentation, as I said, has been around for a long time and presumably signed off by some mastermind in past implementations and everyone told me it was right to go, just needed some grammar etc. done. Shows how much they trained it or read the documentation before training doesn't it.
I tell people I work on the premise of the 6 P's - they look at me blankly. I explain that Prior preparation prevents piss poor performance. They laugh and decide I am a complete head case. Which I have no doubt I am. But once taught they stay taught as far as I am concerned.

Mel - over here I don't have an accent - you do. Glad to hear that you got out in the sun and caught a few rays of Vit D for yourself. Nothing like a good clear, warm, non-humid day. Hope the meeting tonight goes okay for you. Don't get too involved in the politics of it all will you????

Ceejay - when is this ? I could go look it up, but don't have the time right now. Cholesterol is not hereditary here however, my Doc keeps telling me to get it down. Yessir

Michelle - enjoy the game. It's not crazy that people don't know the system. It has been progressively rolled out to various areas, however there are always new assets coming on and the people turnover is pretty high and they are fragmented in their approach. It is very difficult for example to sort out where to go to information on how to load training material into the system and who accesses it etc. And where do I complain when the system simply does not work. With each area they bring on board, they get different project staff who sometimes don't even check for existing stuff and re-invent the wheel so to speak. This is why one of the project men came to me to find out how to go about getting the information to the new project. They really need to sit back and consolidate, but I don't suppose that will happen.
Good luck with the Doc #2 for a decent prognosis.

Happy - that probably explains why I don't get the problem you have. There are few ads on the site over here and they tend to be links at the top of the home page anyway. We used to get ads down the right side, but that seems to have disappeared or maybe it is only when I am in the first forum page.

Annie - not much beats that dentist clean feeling. I too only go every six months these days, but I do know that a filling has fallen out and will need to be replaced. Funnily enough it is a filling that was done the previous time I went to replace one that had been there for 40 years or so. Don't make things like they used to!!!! Now it is all planned obsolescence. (SP?)

Laura, packed my gym bag this morning and then just picked up my computer bag and left the thing on the dining room table. Oh well won't do any harm to skip tonight. I have walked the 1.5K river path every morning this week - at a reasonable pace and went to Body Balance class last night.
You should have left the IRS man standing and told him that you can't let just anyone in on the grounds that they may belong to some godawful powerful organisation. Did he show you any ID??

Okay - thats it. Gotta go. Got some body here asking me for training directions. I might send them down for coffee.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #233  

Oh and before I forget. Today is Daffodil Day. The cancer council puts on daffodil day each year and they have a range of bits and pieces to buy to raise funds.
I have 12 beautiful bright golden daffodils on my desk.
"A host of golden daffodils" Thank you Wordsworth - that will be enough.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:10 AM   #234  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi chicks,

Figured I'd post a bit tonight as I really don't have quite the time in the morning to read, compose and get back with everyone.

The plant tour was good even though I have been to box plants numerous times in my career. Always learn something new and I am very careful about safety!

Shad - I can just picture what a lovely bouquet of flowers those daffodils must be. Like having sunshine on your desk. Makes you forget for a moment what a lousy broken down building you are in? And Mel has an accent over here too Actually both of you do and so do I so that means we are ALL charming I would love to put the 6 Ps on my cubicle wall but we have recently been reprimanded about our liberal use of the word piss in the workplace. I will steal it anyway.

Annie - is there anything better than clean zoobies? What finally tempted you to get rid of that clean fresh mouth? It's like your tongue slides all over them - like cleanly polished glass. Hope the doors get locked down soon - you're right - don't know who can wander in.

Ceejay - but we the public LIKE plant tours I would think touring your place would be very interesting too. Good luck on the cholesterol. Some people just make a lot naturally but there are still things you can do to help things along.

Laura - had to laugh about the tax auditor. I would have called him a pissant (oh there I go with that word again ) but you were wise to let it pass. I think you are right about not poking the bear, um I mean auditors. What's with the feet that you are going to the doctor again?

Michelle - I am sorry to hear about this latest news with the doctor. Sometimes surgery is your only option - the first one is ok - it gets worse with subsequent ones and scar tissue and the like. I would just be leary of anyone who wants to cut right away. Cortisone can deteriorate the spine so you want to be careful of that. I think losing weight like anything will help but it's hard when you're caught in a catch-22. Swimming would be good, didn't realize the chlorine bothers you so much. I think they add extra in public places like that. I'd invite you down here but the heat wave is over and the water cooled very quickly. I guess the chill might work as an anti-inflamatory though! Hope you can find some relief soon. The weather is changing and that always brings a fresh shot of aches and pains.

Mel - I ate some cucumber salad for you with my salmon tonight. It was as yummy as you remember it. Come on down - there's a little left for you. I hope you got outside to enjoy a little sunshine. Maybe you can sneak out of the office and get a little bit in each day. I like September myself - the weather get comfy and I used to cherish each day because winter was around the corner. Not so much here but it's still that way for you. Leaves will be turning before you know it. Keep an eye out!

Well I am yawning and tearing so I'd better get to sleep. Still trying to get a little bit more in but woke up this morning at 5am again. Anyway - happy Friday to yahs.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:26 AM   #235  

Happy - use the saying. Just take out the P*ss P and make it the 5 Ps - Prior preparation prevents poor performance. Or you can add another P - prior preparation prevents persistently poor performance. Your choice

Which is what it is supposed to be anyway. But you just know I have to change things.

These daffodils are a real talking point. I have had more visitors today than ever in my stay at the company. Some just want to smell, some want to comment - such as:
Get rid of these, they make the place look cheerful! Can't have that in an office can we??? (Reply was that this area is known as the Off-Ice and I will do as I wish with it)

Last edited by Shad; 08-27-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:31 AM   #236  

Yeah 90 minutes to going home time.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:46 AM   #237  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

LET THE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION BEGIN!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CEEJAY!!!

JEANETTE I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND A FABULOUS WEEKEND WITH THE UNCLES AND AUNT. ENJOY YOUR BIRTHDAY DINNER!!
:happybirthday:
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:02 AM   #238  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Good Morning Chicks.
This Is Short & Maybe Not Sweet. Once Again Jen's Defaulted Credit Card Has Levied Our Account And Cleaned It Out. She Found Out When She Went To The Store For Me. Now It's Days Of Whining And Begging On The Phone. Not Sure We're Up To That But It's Gotta Be Done. Hopefully We Get Some Or All Of It Back. The Laws Have Changed For Nasty Little Defaulters Like Us.
I Told Jen Last Night...life Is What It Is. Just Gotta Hang In There. But Between You And I....i Am Really Sick Of All This Crap Falling On My Head. I Feel A Huge Rant Coming On. I'll Try And Get Back Later Or Over The Weekend To Read & Do Personals.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #239  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Aw Mel Geez Louise not this fight with money AGAIN. Just annoys me to no end all the fighting you have to do while there are hoards of people down here just getting everything the government can give them and more. I so want to get on a soapbox but you have the right to rant more than any one. Guess you have to keep your cash in a mattress or mayonaisse jar at home where they can't get it. Damn Sam!!!!!

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-27-2010 at 08:16 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #240  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Birthday, Ceejay! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and birthday weekend!!!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote