Old 08-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #46  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quick check in....haven't had a chance to catch up with today's posts yet...and I'm leaving work for the day.

My back shot, which was supposed to be tomorrow, had to be rescheduled...and it was either today or two weeks from now (and I'm in too much pain to wait that long). So I rushed to get everything done...and now I'm outta here.

Have a great evening everyone!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #47  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hope the shot works out well for you Chelle....

Laura..I love smut books - trashy romance novels....hehe

I am outta here tomorrow...dad sitting...how boring is that. What a way to burn a vacay day. lol Tonight I spend the night there.

Baby girl went over Tuesday night to give dad a hair cut. She stopped by CVS to see me on her way back and was bawling her eyes out. I about freaked, I thought something drastic had happened. I took my 15 min break and went outside with her...she was just too sad being at mom and dad's without momma being there and couldn't stand it. She broke my heart. I tell you, kids can pull like crazy at your heart strings.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #48  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

IT'S BEEN A LONG DAY & I JUST GOT UP HERE..... CAN'T EVEN THINK WHAT TO HAVE FOR DINNER. TOO MANY NEW CHOICES FROM TRADER JOE'S AND I HAVE NO BRAIN CELLS LEFT TO MAKE DECISIONS.
IT'S BEEN A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS SINCE LAST NIGHT. MEDICAL ALARMS, THE A/C WENT OUT IN THE COMMUNITY ROOM
THIS MORNING I WADED OUT THRU THE HUMIDITY TO GET ON THE FREAKING BUS FOR TJ'S SHOPPING. THANK GOD THEIR STORE WAS LIKE A FREEZER I LOVED IT!
ALL YOU CAN SMELL IS EXHAUST FUMES TODAY EVERYWHERE YOU GO. GUESS WHERE I WILL BE UNTIL OCTOBER!
OTHER THAN THAT TOMORROW IS ANOTHER "WORK" DAY FOR ME. I THINK I HAVE DONE ENOUGH TO EARN SEPTEMBER'S AND DECEMBER'S EXTRA CHECK ALREADY
I'LL COME BACK IN A BIT TO EAT WHILE I DO THE PERSONALS.
LOVE TO ALL

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-12-2010 at 08:30 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:07 PM   #49  
Happy September

OK I'M AS STUFFED AS THESE LITTLE GUYS ARE. HAD NEW POTATOES, ASST GREEN BEENS & A LAMB CHOP WITH ROSEMARY. YUM! GOTTA LOVE TRADER5 JOE'S HEAT AND EAT. NEXT IS THE SHOWER BUT I THOUGHT I BETTER COME HERE FIRST CAUSE AFTER THE SHOWER IS BED!!!!!!!!!!!!

CEEJAY...NO YARD WORK! IT'S TOO BLOODY HOT OUTSIDE! WATCH THE NEW NOSE!! I BET YOUR BOSS IS HAPPY YOU'RE BACK AND CAN DO THE PAPERWORK THE RIGHT WAY!! I'LL SEND YOU MY LAUNDRY TO KEEP YOU BUSY INDOORS!!

HAPPY....YES WILLY IS BACK THANK GOD. DO YOU NEED SOMEONE TO HELP PUSH THE CART? HE'S A GRREAT SHOPPER. I'LL LEND HIM TO YOU. I FEEL YOUR PAIN WITH THE HEAT & HUMIDITY. GOD WHAT AWFUL TEMPS DOWN YOUR WAY. STAY COOL AND WATCH OUT FOR FLYING SEMI'S!!!! GOD THAT LADY WAS LUCKY!!! THE FLAT BREAD CRACKERS SOUNDED GREAT. I MUST LOOK FOR THEM. STAY COOL. HAVE YOU FINISHED THE MEDS?? IS THAT MAYBE WHY THE TUMMY & HEAD ACHE??

SHAD....DID YOU PACK THE MACHETE?!?! IT WILL COME IN HANDY...YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN THE OUTBACK....AND IF YOU FIND OUT WHERE "THERE" IS, FEEL FREE TO FILL US IN! STAY SAFE AND HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE GORGE. IT DID FEEL GOD TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND ONLY HAVE TO THINK OF MYSELF!! THANKS SO HOW MANY DRINKS DID YOU HAVE BEFORE BEDTIME AND THE CABBIE'S ARRIVAL???

LAURA...EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT THAT MOVIE. GLAD YOU LIKED IT. SO....NOW YOU ARE INVOLVED IN A CONSPIRACY WITH THE BOSS AND HER "SICK DAY"??? TOO FUNNY!! ANOTHER HUG FOR YOU GuYS AND YOUR FRIEND WE SHOULD ALL BE PREPARED FOR THE INEVITABLE. JEN AND I ARE TOO. HOPE WHEN THE SHOCK WEARS OFF SHE WILL BE OK.

ANNIE.....GLAD DAD HAS A GOOD SITTER!! SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR POOR DAUGHTER. I CRIED JUST READING ABOUT IT. I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW YOU MUST HVE FELT TOO. SAD STUFF THIS YEAR FOR SURE. NOW WITH THAT RAISE....IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BIGGER IF THEY EXPECT YOU TO KEEP THE MALE CUSTOMERS HAPPY! AND HOW WAS JIMMY JOHNS WRAP???

MICHELLE....I LOVED THE PENGUIN PIC TOO. SO CUTE. I HOPE YOUR BODY HOLDS UP TO ALL THE WORK AND HOURS AND THE DELAY OF THE SHOT. HOPE TOO THAT YOU GET RELIEF WITH THIS NEXT SHOT. SENDING YOU GOOD THOUGHTS THANK GOD DH & MIL ARE THERE TO LIGHTEN SOME OF THE LOAD.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!! SEE YOU ALL SOMETIME TOMORROW. PRAYING FOR A SHORTER DAY.

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-05-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:50 PM   #50  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Storms tonight when I got home so no swimming for me. I peeked out about 9pm to see if things had cleared and maybe I might sneak one in but it just started to rain very lightly. Boo the cat came out of the bushes thinking I would sit on the swing and pet her. Good thing I went up by the pool as something did not look right. Turns out DH was cleaning the filter out and the level was not quite set where it was - although the pump was off, suction was trickling through the pipes and draining the pool! That's about $800 worth of water to fill it up It was down about 6 - 8 inches when I caught it. He found his mistake and fixed it. We are refilling the pool now. There goes my 90 degree bath water And the temps are dropping to the 90s during the day and the 70s at night which will cool the water down substantially. But I enjoyed my evening "baths" very much this week and last slept better too.

Mel - I have not finished my fungus meds. Will be on them for 3 months. I haven't even finished the first bottle yet. It would probably be less irritating to my stomach if I would remember to take my meds spread across the day but forget that. Most are supposed to be with the evening meal and consequently I am taking what seems like 10 pills right before I go to bed. I should do like DH and put them by my meal plate so I take them earlier. Which is why I hate taking meds

I am glad you can get the ready to eat meals at TJs Mel. Probably more cost effective for 1 person to eat. No tempting leftovers either. Apparently they don't spice the things up to a degree that irritates your peepers which is great! What is it with old folks not wanting to turn on the air? I know money is an issue but I don't believe that's it completely. For my Mom she is always cold yet she leaves the thermostat too high and then she feels dizzy because it's too hot or she won't turn on the a/c. My sister is always hollering at her. I hope WE will not be like this although I did notice I keep turning off the a/c in DH's car - but he is part penquin so when I start turning blue off goes the button!

Sounds like you have just had a Michelle kind of day Mel. Stay away from the exhaust fumes - you've been able to maintain your health lately and lets keep it that way Thanks for the offer of Willy but I have my own Willy and besides he might like it here in Elvis land. Speaking of which 4 days, 9 hrs, 40 minutes and 12 seconds until Elvis Week 2010 starts here at Graceland. The second event of the year that still brings the faithful. Fortunately I don't go anywhere near the place. Maybe I could finally unload that Thomas Kinkade Graceland painting I'd dying to dump.

Ceejay - hope you got some of the afternoon rain but I think the storms were too far east of you. I'm working on getting some up your way - you usually get it more than we do.

Shad - so odd (and funny to me) thinking about you trying to communicate with the cabbies. Guess there really is a Tower of Babel out your way. Hope you are settled in nicely and not too sparse. Enjoy the night skies for us.

Michelle- good luck with the shot. I hope it sticks this time. No pun intended

Annie- that was a sad story about your DD Very touching. I hope Dad behaves himself tomorrow. Is it your turn to take him already? Tell the brothers to step up.

Laura - you are not an accessory to anything - just doing what the boss told you to do although that's kind of dicey on her part. Just hope it's not a regular habit. Maybe if she is so dependent on the hubster she shouldn't be a boss :s Did you see the Sherlock Holmes movie with RDJ and Jude Law? That looked like it would be amusing.

Time to go shut the hose off and pull it out of the pool lest we siphon off more water I hope I can go to sleep right away - I do admit the night swim in the warmish water was quite soothing and restful.

Tomorrow's Friday - except if your Shad who's already there. See yah in the morning.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #51  
Choose your hard

oh boy - guess you are all sleeping in this morning Well in that case Happy Friday and pleasant dreams - wish I could join yahs!
Old 08-06-2010, 10:06 AM   #52  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm here....definitely not sleeping in. I got up at 3:45 and was at work by 4:45.

My back is still quite sore from the shot....though not as bad as it was last night. I'm hoping that's because he put more medicine in there. I don't mind a day or two of uncomfortable, as long as it keeps me pain free for 6 months.

I'll try and check back in later.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #53  

Happy Friday for us Northern Hemisphere folks! It's finally here!!

Michelle - Hope the shot takes and you get lasting relief from the back pain. I'm tired just hearing about you waking up so early!!

Annie - Awww, very sad about your dd missing your mom's presence in the house.

Mel - Sorry about all those "unfortunate events" going on in your building. But at least you're loaded up w/ good stuff from TJ's! Hope your workday goes smoothly today after all of yesterday's goings ons.

Happy - Sorry about the pool mishap and that your "bathwater" is gone for the time being. When you're in front of the computer, you should set alarms to remind you to take your meds. Not sure what to do away from the 'puter - maybe set your cell phone alarm? I saw the Sherlock Holmes movie at the theater and I found RDJ & Jude Law a good team and it was an entertaining movie.

Shad - Hope you had a good Friday in the outback and that you're having a good weekend.

Hi Ceejay! Did you stay inside and cool yesterday?

Not much to report. No one heard from the boss yesterday after she phoned in "sick" to me. (She's here today though.) Last night I skipped exercise and just did a dog walk w/ bf. Phoned mom to make sure her AC was installed - yup. Whole new Lenox system is in place and she's nice and cool now.

Dinner was a can of veggie soup. Bf had a friend over so I decided to watch tv and read in the relative peace of the bedroom. Of course I started falling asleep well before my usual bedtime. During commercial breaks I dragged myself out of bed to clean my contact lenses, change into my jammies, wash my face, etc. It was nice to have the AC off and windows open for the night. Today's another nice day too!

Today I'm leaving the office at about 3:30 so bf and I have enough time to drive out the the funeral home (in Crystal Lake) and eat something before we go to the wake for my friend's husband.

Tomorrow I have a hair appointment. I scheduled it at the same time as my exercise class, duh, but I'm not going to bother rescheduling. Sat. evening we're having some people over for a low key backyard party - it's bf's b-day. Nothing planned for Sunday.

I'd like to have taken a day off on Monday, but I might take next Friday instead. Bf has his oral surgery that day. I offered to drive him to and from, but he said his mother could do that. I'm hosting book club the next day, though, and need to prepare for that (solo, probably), so I'll take the day off anyway.

Okay, times a-wasting so I better get moving. Have a good weekend everyone.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
i was up at 6.30 a.m. and had a lot to do before the trash went to the curb.
good thing you caught the depth of the water in the pool. did the rain help fill it back up. it's a bit less humid today also. That "cold" front did help but we still didn't get any rain.

Laura
No yard work for me yet. to hot--maybe tomorrow. My vehicle really need's a bath. the boss is out of town this week. will not know for sure until monday. most of the time we do balance.

mel
hope things slow down at work for you. remember to hang a do not disturb sign on the door.

michelle
i remember getting those shots in my foot and they were always sore for a couple of days. wow, getting up at 3.45 to be at work by 4.45 a.m. would not be my cup of tea. it's hard enough for me to get up at 5.30 a.m. how are the reports doing?

not much going on today. i'm putting the final touches on my cleaning project and then going down to pay off the furniture that is if she's back. She had a death in the family. i'm going to schedule her to bring it out in the morning.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #55  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Afternoon Ladies. TGIF FO SHO...

At papa's house today, my duty will be over in about 15 mins. He is fine. and after today we no longer have to give him 24/7 care. The PT said he is good to go on his own, THANK YOU JESUS for prayers answered.

Will try to check in later, got grass to cut, garden to water and weed and dog to entertain as she thinks she is abandoned. hahaha. That is what she gets for biting me in the past.

Loves to all.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #56  
Happy September

THE WEEKEND IS HERE

EVERYTHING WENT SMOOTHLY YESTERDAY. THANK GOD.
MORE DRAMA WITH RICHIE'S EX. NOT SURE WHAT THE OUTCOME WILL BE BUT THE BOY NEVER MADE IT UP HERE. TRYING MY BEST TO STAY OUT OF IT AND JUST LISTEN.
I HAD THE MOST DELICIOUS STUFFED RED PEPPER FROM TJ'S. NOT SURE IF I HAVE SAID THIS IN THE PAST BUT...THEIR ENTREES MAKE ABOUT 3-6 MEALS FOR ME DEPENDING ON WHAT IT IS. THEY COST ABOUT $4.99-6.99. I THROW OUT A LOT LESS FOOD AND I THINK HAPPY IS RIGHT AND THEY ARE MUCH MORE COST EFFECTIVE....AND I EVEN USE LESS ELECTRICITY! I JUST NUKE OR STEAM SOME VEGGIES, RICE OR TINY TATERS AND I AM GOOD TO GO FOR A FEW DAYS. AND IT TASTES LIKE HIME COOKING. SOME THINGS WERE TOO SPICY LIKE "CHICKEN VINDALOO" AND I STOPPED BUYINGTHAT STUFF. BUT IT WAS DELICIOUS!!
IT'S GOING TO BE A QUIET WEEKEND. I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONES. I HAVE NOTHING PLANNED. JUST HANG AROUND LIKE AN OLD BAT
HAVE A SUPER WEEKEND EVERYONE.

HAPPY...I AM CRACKING UP OVER THE ELVIS PAINTING. OMG TOO FUNNY!! YOU NEED TO SELL IT TO A RICH SENIOR. THEY LOVE ELVIS!! SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE POOL. GLAD DH FOUND THE PROBLEM. NOW YOU WILL GET A "WAKE UP" SWIM!!! MAYBE YOU CAN HAVE A DRINK AFTERWARDS AND WARM UP FOR BEDTIME! THIS SUMMER IS INSANE. WE HAD NIGHT TEMPS IN THE 80'S' AND THE SUDDENLY IT DROPPED INTO THE 60'S LAST NIGHT. VERY WEIRD AND UNPREDICTABLE. YOU HAD BETTER BEGIN TAKING THOSE PILLS ON TIME I'LL HAVE TO COME DOWN THERE AND SMACK YOU RIGHT IN THE HEAD IF YOU DON'T. GIVE ME AN EXCUSE TO GO AND MAYBE MOVE IN TO MOM'S ROOM...OH I FORGET THE STAIRS...MAYBE WE COULD PUT A COT IN THE GARAGE BY THE MR. FERAL. I'M A STRAY TOO!

MICHELLE....PRAYING YOUR SHOT WORKS AND YOU GET THE EXPECTED RELIEF. TAKE BREAKS FROM TH COMPUTER WHEN YOU CAN. BENDING ALL THE TIME ISN'T DOIN GIT ANY GOOD. SENDING MUCHO HUGS

LAURA.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LAURA'S BF, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAD I KNOWN, I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A CHOCOLATE FLOURLESS CAKE AT TJ'S. JEN SAID THE ONE I GAVE THEM WAS DELICIOUS!! HOPE THE FRIEND WILL BE OK AND FIND COMFORT IN ALL OF HER FRIENDS. GOOD LUCK TO THE BF FOR THE SURGERY. I HATE DENTISTS!!!

CEEJAY...BET YOU CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW FURNITURE! HOPE YOU GET THE DELIVERY. ENJOY. I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU DIDN'T GO OUT INTO THAT HEAT..... AND MY SIGN IS OUT ON THE DOOR. JUST READ YOUR POST AND STOPPED TYPING SO I COULD HANG IT OUT! THANKS FOR THE REMINDER. I FORGOT LAST NIGHT.

ANNIE....HOPE YOU ARE ABLE TO GET SOME "ME" TIME IN THERE AS WELL. WE WORRY ABOUT YOU AND YOUR BUSYNESS!!!! GLAD DAD IS ABLE TO TAKE IT ON HIS OWN. WILL KEEP SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS HIS WAY JUST IN CASE!! STAY STRONG.

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-12-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #57  

must be a busy weekend.

The furniture arrived this morning and it's makes my little spare room complete. Feelsmore like and office/den. I can take a nap in here now instead on the living room sofa.

it's much cooler yesterday and today. I still want to get outside but i'm afraid to.

I'm disappointed in my lawn service. I understand it being to hot to mow and he may think the grass doesn't need to be cut but it does,big time. If it isn't mowed by Monday I'm hiring someoneoelse to do it.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #58  
Choose your hard

Hi y'all,

Just taking a quick break here. Busy day today. DH went and picked up the bathroom tile and I decided to stay here and clean. Sure does take a lot longer to clean it up than it does to mess it up

Work now and then out to Chili's for dinner and maybe have a little fun. I think he hurt his back hauling the tile so I might be nice and give him a massage as a thank you for keeping the pool in good working order.

The people next door are finally getting their rotting siding taken care of (thank Goodness!!!!!) but that means men on ladders who can see right into the yard so no daytime swimming for me. I do like getting al little sun on the weekends.

DH counted over 25 butterfly caterpillars in our parsley. I'm sure we won't have enough to see them all to pupae stage. They are voracious eaters. Piggies, actually I've called all over and there are no more plants to be had and growing from see will take at least 3 weeks. DH said that means some of them will have to die off

Mel - I laughed so hard about you bunking next to Mr. Feral. As if he'd let you Don't worry - we'd come up with something to accomodate you

Ceejay - what kind of furniture did you get?

Annie - glad that you are off parental watch - hope you get some weekend to yourself.

Better get back to the laundry myself - to Michelle and Laura and Shad. Everyone have a good Saturday.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:36 AM   #59  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES!

HOPE EVERYONE'S WEEKEND IS GOING TO PLAN....IF THERE WAS ONE

NOTHING NEW HERE TO REPORT. I WAS LAZY YESTERDAY AND THE ONLY THING I DID WAS TAKE SOME OF THE COVERS OFF OF MY WHEELCHAIR AND CLEAN IT OUT. PHEW! WHAT A JOB. LOTS OF DUST & DIRT. I BOUGHT A NEW WOODEN BEAD SEAT FOR THE BIG CHAIR AND PUT IT ON. SO I AM GOOD TO GO. ALL CHAIRS FULLY CHARGED
HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY

CEEJAY...HOW NICE THE FURNITURE IS HERE. MUST LOOK WONDERFUL. ENJOY YOUR NAPS IN YOUR NEW ROOM GOOD LUCK WITH THE LAWN. HOPE YOU GET IT CUT.

HAPPY....OH POOP! WE HAVE SOME PARSLEY PLANTS OUTSIDE BUT THEY'RE VERY SCRAWNY! NOT EVEN ENOUGH FOR ONE CATERPILLAR!! HOPE MOST OF THEM MAKE IT AND YOU GET TO SEE ANOTHER "FAMILY" FLY AWAY. I WAS LAUGING TO MYSELF WHEN I TYPED ABOUT MR FERAL....I FIGURED IT WOULD BE A FIGHT TO THE FINISH! HOPE THE DH'S BACK FEELS BETTER SWIM NAKED AND GIVE THE GUYS A GOOD SHOW! :swiM:

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-12-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #60  

I'm at work so and don't want to take up to much time on the computer.

Mel
hope the rest of your week end is quiet. You need the rest.

Happy
I've had this furniture in lay-a-way and since I finally got this room cleaned I was ready to bring it home. I bought a futon and a chest of drawers. I'm not sure if they are called and entertainment center but it was something to sit my flat screen tv on.

Every one else have a good day.