South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:28 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Good evening ladies! Hope everyone had a good day.

I couldn't bring myself to pack another salad for lunch today and instead went to work empty-handed (except for snacks). I thought I'd be able to sneak away and pick up this yummy plate at this mexican place (charbroiled chicken, black beans, and a side salad), but wasn't able to step out long enough to get it and ended up with a salad and some soup from Quizno's. It always makes me nervous to eat somewhere like that where nutrition facts are nowhere to be seen. I've learned my lesson and have packed tomorrow's lunch already.

Schmoodle - I'm just not a fan of leftovers at all - such a variety seeker when it comes to food! I may have to change this mindset and learn that one day of leftovers isn't so bad.

Pheebs - Welcome! Glad to have you here (I'm pretty new myself)
Old 01-18-2008, 12:40 AM   #362  
Determined

S/C/G: 209/166/150

Height: 5' 6"

Christina - Thanks. It is encouraging to know that others share (and yet continue regardless of!) the same battles.

Pheebs - Good luck No cravings in day 3? AWESOME! I would have tackled a linebacker for a key lime cheesecake then. Day 8 is much better. The carrot cake at work wasn't even really tempting.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:04 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 222.8/213.8/145

Height: 5'1

Barb - thanks for the info on the pudding. Although I have to say I'm sad about it!

Day 4 is done and over with! I'm a teacher and one of my students had a birthday today...so in came chocolate doughnuts and of course the boy wanted me to have one, so I took one...and then threw it away later! I didn't even THINK about eating that thing! Woohoo!

B - ff plain yogurt w/ splenda and sf raspberry syrup
S - string cheese
L - taco chicken and 1/2 can of greenbeans
S - 2 stalks of celery with 2 TBS natural peanutbutter
D - taco chicken with 1/2 bag steamed broccoli and cauliflower
DST - NSA fudgecicle
Old 01-18-2008, 01:06 AM   #364  

Leia - I just looked at your pics and WOW your entire middle section is shrinking! The reduction is amazing. Great work! =)
Old 01-18-2008, 08:31 AM   #365  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm not Ph1ing any more, but I can't break my habit of checking in here every day. Hope you chicks don't mind me crashing your party!
jilly, maybe your headaches will go away. I used to get lots of headaches, but not since the beach. Which makes me think it was either food allergies or dehydrated sinuses. Either way, I'm glad they're gone.
lela, hope you have a better day today. where are the pix?
Phoebe
CarCar, what if you freeze the leftovers? Then if you eat them a week later, it's not so much of the same stuff.
zoerba, good for you!
Neko!

I'll be back. time to face the arctic wilderness and walk the kids to school.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #366  

S/C/G: 195/177/150

Height: 5'3

Default Salad Dressing/Drink Mix Confusion!

Thanks for the tip Schmoodle! I'll look for those recipes.

So, I'm completely confused with the salad dressing issue on P1. I'm kind of stuck because I have a severe aversion to vinegar. I HATE IT! I can't smell it or it makes me nauseous for some reason. Weird, I know. So I guess I don't know what I'm looking for in a store bought brand. The book says to stay away from the Lights and Reduced Fats because of the added sugars, but the ones I'm picking up still have 1-2 g of sugar and one of the first 5 ingredients is either sugar or high fructose corn syrup - which I know are no-no's! I feel like a dunce! Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know if those Crystal Lights on The Go powdered flavor mixes for your water are OK for SB? I get really sick of plain water. They say the have no sugar, but the ingredients say maltodextrin which I thought was an evil additive for the Beach!? I thought I had this down, but apparently not.

Thanks for the help ladies!

I'm going to get myself a snack now and NOT eat the donuts that in the break room!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #367  
doing it for real

S/C/G: 206/206/150

Height: 5ft7in

Well, I am officially done Ph1!!!! Yay! I only had two bad days, so I guess that is ok. I am down a little more than 5 pounds, so I am going to be happy with that! I plan to really ease into ph 2 (especially since I won't be grocery shopping for a few more days) but I think I might include half a sweet potato today!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:08 AM   #368  

LOL, Piper, you sound like me! 2 naughty days and 5 lbs. lost total. It's good, right?
soulcyster, don't worry about asking questions. After doing this for months, I still ask lots of questions and learn new things about the beach all the time. This is a long term project, ya know? It is difficult to find a salad dressing with no sugar. If you have a Trader Joe's I know they've got a couple. I love the Goddess one. That's all I use now, or my DH's homemade vinaigrette, so I quit reading the ones at the store. Try looking for recipes on this forum for homemade ones, maybe. I know I've seen creamy type dressings, without vinegar, if that's what you're looking for. I'm not sure about the Crystal Light. I don't use it, but I think some of the other chicks may. I would think the maltodextrin would be something to avoid, but maybe there's just a tiny bit of it. How about squeezing a lemon or lime in your water? good luck with those donuts! That is one of my major weaknesses, but I haven't had one since July!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #369  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

SoulCyster, I think the Crystal Light is SB legal. It would just come under the 75 calorie limit for sweets/treats. Doesn't it have about 5 calories a serving? I love the grapefruit flavor, reminds me of the Ocean Spray ruby red. The orange juice one pretty much mimics orange juice for next to no calories.

Piper, what about the SB ones by Kraft? I would have to assume they're Phase 1 legal. Although I tried the Balsamic one and hate it on salad. It made an ok chicken marinade. I hate throwing food out.

Day 4 *insert dancing vegetable of your choice here*

Breakfast - Egg beater omelette with mushrooms & FF cheese
Snack - Celery & 2 TBS Natural PB
Lunch - Frozen Phase 1 SB Meal & V8 (wasn't in a tuna mood)
Snack - Skim Latte possibly some green pepper strips while cooking dinner
Dinner - Lean beef cooked in crock pot with onions & mushrooms, roasted tomatoes
Snack - Jello, 1% cottage cheese
Old 01-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #370  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Day 13 for me. Down 8#. I watched Oprah yesterday & she had Dr. Christiane Northrup, her OB-GYN on. One woman asked about increased gas & bloating after a certain age. Dr. Northrup said as you age your body sometimes cannot digest the grains the same and that many women have a wheat sensitivity & don't know it. I just realized in the last two weeks I have not been bloated or had excessive gas! Maybe I'm on to something. We'll have to see when I add grains back in.
I made chili last night with cannelinni beans, diced tomatoes, onion and 93% lean beef, lots of spices. I topped it with a little grated cheese & light sour cream. It was great!
I am going to be apprehensive next week when adding in food on Phase II.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #371  
Determined

S/C/G: 209/166/150

Height: 5' 6"

zoerba, thanks. The biggest loss in my bikini before and afters (not shown) is the entire upper body. Why is it always breasts before buns? lol

schmoodle, in my signature are the pix showing my first 10 pound loss image, a middle image and then the 27th pound loss. All in the same jeans and shirt. I am saving day one shots for when I hit 150 since they are bikini shots at 209.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYONE!!!

Last edited by Leia; 01-18-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:23 AM   #372  

S/C/G: 164/156/123

Height: 5'2

Leia, You look fantastic!!! Very inspiring!!!

P-I am so sorry about your mom. I went thru the same with mine and it was so difficult. prayers are with you and her.

Day 13-Lost 6 first week, and none this week. Yeah, I'll take it baby!!!
I figure I just need to do that 5 more times and I'm down 30 lbs!!!!

Question- We are gonna do that phase 1 1/2 for awhile. May introduce 1/2 grapefruit with breakfast. Is it ok to continue with the eggbeaters quiche cups? I will make em with veggies this week and let husband have the turkey sausage links with one or two.

And I'm gonna make some chili tonight-cant wait. No fritos on top, though!
Old 01-18-2008, 11:49 AM   #373  

SAnativegirl, if I understand your question, you are asking if you can eat the Ph1 recipes on Ph2? If so, the answer is yes, on Ph2 you can eat anything you had on Ph1, you just get to add Ph2 things.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

*note to self* Never every buy the Phase 1 Savory Beef Frozen meal again.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:07 PM   #375  

Hey Gals! I am too excited!

I may have only been SBing it for 4 days now, but Friday has always been my official weigh in day and so I jumped on the scale this morning...

AND...

I've already lost 5 pounds! Woohoo! So that makes it 31 pounds gone total.

OMG, I better go change my avatar!

Have a great day!

Last edited by zoerba; 01-18-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Closed Thread